Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Bible Cracks - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Cracks (4015 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Bible Cracks by vescucci(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2011
Do a 100 points to enter hell. I'm curious about how it'd end.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
A man was driving to work when a lorry drove through a stop sign, hit his car broadside, and knocked him out.  Passers-by pulled him from the wreck and revived him.  He began a terrific struggle and had to be tranquillised by the paramedics.

Later, when he came to and was calm, they asked him why he struggled so much.  He said:

"I remember the impact, then nothing.  I woke up on a concrete slab in front of a huge, flashing 'Shell' sign.  And somebody was standing in front of the S."  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bible Cracks by vescucci(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
Haha. Nice. But I meant by whose 'grace' do we enter hell?
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2011
Just as we cannot hear radio waves without a radio receiver, so we cannot receive God's grace without faith, and that faith itself is a gift to us from God.

Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
vescucci:

Haha. Nice. But I meant by whose 'grace' do we enter hell?

We don't need any 'grace' to enter hell because the road to hell is big enough to allow for excess baggage. The road to heaven is narrow. So, anything less than 100% will qualify you for hell. We are naturally going heading for hell except we make a U-turn.

Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
Angel Gabriel.

Gabriel came to the Lord and said:

"I have to talk to you. I have some Nigerians up here in Heaven who are causing some problems. They are swinging on the Pearly Gates, my horn is gone missing, Maggi sauce and Ogbono soup are all over their robes; hamhocks, Isi-ewu, Cow-feet and Bokoto bones are all over the streets of Gold; some folks are walking around with one wing, they have been late taking their turn in keeping the stairway to heaven clean. There are beer bottles all over the clouds, some aren't even wearing their halos, saying it doesn't fit with their hairstyles."

The Lord said:

"I made them special, as I did you, my angel. Heaven is home to all my children. If you really want to know about problems, let's call the Devil."

The Devil answered the phone:

"Hello? What the . . . !, hold on one minute."

The Devil returned to the phone and said:

"Hello Lord, what can I do you for?"

The Lord replied:

"Tell me what kind of problems you are having down there."

The Devil said:

"Wait one minute,"

And put the Lord on hold. After 5 minutes he returned to the phone, and said:

"Okay, I'm back. What was the question again?"

The Lord said:

"What kind of problems are you having down there?"

The Devil said:

"Man, I don't belieee . . . . hold on, Lord" .

This time the Devil was gone for 15 minutes. The Devil returned and said:

"I'm sorry Lord, I can't talk right now. These Nigerians put the fire out, and now they are trying to install air conditioning! They even bribed my guys!" shocked shocked shocked

Source
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Mar 20, 2011
A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands shoot into the air. There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

"So,"

asks the teacher,

"what are you?"

"A Christian"

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she thinks she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mum is a Christian and, my dad is a Christian, I also accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and I know I'm a Christian."

The teacher is visibly angry now.

"That's no reason,"

she says loudly,

"What if your mum had been a mo-ron and, your dad had been a mo-ron. What would that make you then?"

After a pause, and a smile.

"Then,"

says Lucy,

"that would make me an atheist." cool
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2011
Hymns to sing while speeding on our wonderful roads.

[list]
[li]At 45 mph sing: "God will take care of me"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 55 mph sing: "Guide me, O Thou Great Jehovah"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 65 mph sing: "Nearer my God to Thee"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 75 mph sing: "Nearer still nearer"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 85 mph sing "This world is not my home"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 95 mph sing: "Lord, 'am coming home"[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]at 100 mph sing: "Precious memories"[/li]
[/list]
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
Jesus is Watching You

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying:

"Jesus is watching you".

He nearly jumped out of his skin, switched his flashlight off and froze.  When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself to take a Christmas break after the next big score, then flicked the light back on and began searching for more valuables.  Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, as clear as a bell he heard the words:

"Jesus is watching you."

Totally rattled, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.  Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you just say that?"

He hissed at the parrot.

"Yes,"

the parrot confessed, then squawked,

"I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. 

"Warn me, huh? Who do you think you are any way?"

"Moses,"

Replied the bird.

"Moses?"

the burglar laughed.

"What kind of silly people would name a parrot 'Moses'?"

The bird promptly answered:

"The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler 'Jesus'!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2011
Naija For Show   

Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new chairman for Microsoft Europe. Five thousand candidates assembled in a large room. One candidate was Ayodele, a Nigerian guy.

Bill Gates thanked all the candidates for coming and asked those who do not know Java program to leave. Two thousands candidates left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I do not know Java but I have nothing to lose if I stay. I’ll give it a try."   

Bill Gates asked the candidates who never had experience of managing more than 100 people to leave. Two thousand left the room. Ayodele says to himself "I never managed anybody but myself but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me?" So he stays, then Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not have management diploma to leave. Five hundred people left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I left school at 15 but what have I to lose?" So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill asked the candidates who do not speak Serb-Croatian to leave. 498 candidates left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I do not speak Serb-Croatian but what do I have to lose?" So he stays and finds himself with one other candidate. Everyone else has gone. Bill Gates joined them and said, "Apparently you are the only two candidates who speak Serb-Croatian, so I’d like to hear you have a conversation together in that language."     

Calmly, Ayodele turns to the other candidate and says "Wahala dey o!"

The other candidate answers "O ga ju!"   

Bill Gates said: "You are both hired".

Don’t you just love Nigerians.  Any day, anytime, anywhere, they never give up.  So don’t give up, you will lose nothing by trying more

"When we get to heaven, there will be no more disappointment or pain. Until then, you can choose to keep loving."
Re: Bible Cracks by seyibrown(f): 2:26am On Mar 26, 2011
^^^^ grin grin Wahala dey o!
Re: Bible Cracks by vescucci(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2011
These jokes are hilarious, man. Keep em coming.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56am On Mar 27, 2011
seyibrown:

^^^^ grin grin Wahala dey o!

O ga ju! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
vescucci:

Do a 100 points to enter hell. I'm curious about how it'd end.

The concluding part of the 100 points to heaven is taken from the link below:

Simply A New Creature

Like Paul the Apostle rightly notes, in his epistle to the Ephesians, it is only by grace that you can be save and finally make it to heaven.  But while you are alive here on earth, grace takes hell right out of you and makes you sit together with Christ Jesus in the heavenly places.  In fact, grace changes your position from that of a dead man to a living soul.

"He hath quickened us together with Christ, and hath raised us up together."  "We cannot live where we used to live,"  Charles Spurgeon notes.  "We cannot wear what we used to wear.  If you had been raised from the dead, and had come out of your tomb, you would not go about with your shroud on."  How is it that some who claim to be God’s children are still fond of wearing their grave clothes?
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
A Lesson From The Arabs

Some years ago, several Arab chieftains accompanied that famous First World War character, Lawrence of Arabia, to the Paris Peace Conference.  The Arabs saw many wonderful things in the great city, but the most amazing sight to them was the running water in their hotel rooms.  It seemed to them impossible that by simply turning a faucet they could have an almost inexhaustible flow of water without effort or expense.

They had been accustomed all their lives to consider water as a scarce commodity.  They know its great value and, from experience, the difficulty of obtaining it.

At the end of the conference and as the delegates were preparing to depart, Lawrence saw his chieftains trying to remove the faucets from the walls of their rooms so they could fix them to walls in their own rooms at home and continue to have an exhaustless water supply without effort in their barren deserts!

It required considerable time and patience to explain that the faucets alone were utterly valueless.

We smile at the simple-mindedness of the Arab chiefs, but we have all been guilty of such actions. We take an example from an account in the lives of the children of Israel.

"Israel went out against the Philistines to battle. Israel was smitten before the Philistines: and they slew of the army in the field about 4,000 men. And when the people were come into the camp, the elders of Israel said, Let us fetch the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD out of Shiloh unto us, that it may save us. And when the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout. And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and there was a great slaughter; for there fell of Israel 30,000 footmen" (1Samuel 4:1-3,5,10).

The Arabs trusted in the detached faucets for water, and the Israelites trusted in the visible ark of the covenant, detached from God Who is the true Source of supply.

Some trust in their good upbringing as a reason why God’s favour should be theirs.  Others trust in good deeds and almsgiving as a merit to bring God’s blessing to them.  Some trust in long prayers and religious observances.  Others trust that fasting will recommend them to God.  "Useless, if detached" .

"All our righteousness are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).

Reading of Psalm for prayer will disappoint you like the detached faucets would have disappointed the Arabs.  "Useless, if detached".

Do you still trust in good morals to recommend you to God?  Do you hope to be saved because you try to "Obey the ten commandments, love your neighbour as yourself, do good to anyone you see and have a clear conscience towards everybody"?  Do you say that these are things that will qualify one for heaven?  Ask yourself, have you done all these today?  Of course, no.  All these are incapable of saving you unless the source is God, the Giver of every good and perfect gift through Jesus Christ.

False hopes are costly for they shall cause eternal regret and cause you to wail in anguish of deepest regrets in eternity.  Baptism, whether of the infant or of the adult, whether sprinkling or immersion – cannot save you.  Don’t be satisfied with the useless detached faucets.  Be sure you have the real thing – the passport to heaven: heart cleansing.  God gives it through Jesus Christ.  You may trust in being "baptized in the Holy Spirit’," dreaming and seeing visions, prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpreting while you are still SINNING – "useless if detached"; How can that be, do you say?  Well, God does not baptize dogs (sinners) in the Holy Spirit.  He only says if His children ask for the Holy Ghost, He’ll fill them.  It’s only for children – and who is a child? 

"Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin for the seed of God remains in him and he cannot sin" (1John 3:9).

Going to consult prophets and attending revival services every day is not what God requires of you.  "Useless if detached". 

Nothing less than God can save.

Do not have faith in anything less than God.  "Neither is there salvation in any other for there is none other name (and no other thing) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Only Jesus can save.

Jesus died that you may live.  His death is the only remedy for your sins.  Pray to God with faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and you will be saved from the guilt of sin, from the love of sin, from the power of sin and from the consequence of sin.

"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:13).

"Now why tarriest thou? Wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

"Behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Visit: This site for more resources
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
Traders In A Market.

Yoruba woman selling apples.  Ibo woman selling bread and an Urhobo woman selling yam.

Yoruba woman: "Dis is the Apple of God's eye!"   Like hot cake all her apples were sold.  Seeing this the Ibo woman takes a cue and calls out.

Ibo woman: "Jesus said, I am the Bread of Life" And all her bread were sold.

The Urhobo trader thought to herself, Yam no dey Bible but Warri no dey carry last!  She then shouted

"No be Jesus talk dis one o! Na Baba God Himsef talk am -- I YAM DAT I YAM" .  All her yams were sold!

May God make a way for you where there seems to be no way.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hymns for Different Occupations:

Dentist: "Crown Him with many crowns"

Contractors: "The church's one foundation"

Obstetricians: "Come, labour on"

Golfers: "There is a green hill far away"

Politicians: "Standing on the promises"

Librarians: "Let all mortal flesh keep silence"

Lawyers: "In the hour of trial"

Dry Cleaners: "O for a faith that will not shrink"   

Credit Card Users: "A charge to keep have I"

Census Takers: "All people that on earth do well"

Taxation Officers: "We give thee but thine own"

Traffic Engineers: "Where cross the crowded ways of life"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam And Burning People Alive / A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist / Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.