Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family?? (818 Views)

Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / Thread For People Who Really Dont Like Their Family. Let Meet Here / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family?? by Richard6(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
I know this sounds somehow but I wrote it because I overheared someone saying..God, there is New York, there is America, there is canada, there is England and other beautiful countries; He also mentioned other family names and said.."God, there are all these places and all these families and You ended up creating me in Nigeria and in this my family"
I looked at the guy and asked him if he is alright and his response was "Am not proud of my family"
I tried to find out from which angle he is coming from, maybe financially, traits, etc but he couldnt open up. So, my question is...Is there anything that will make you not to be proud of your family?
Re: Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family?? by Dlionsheart: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
YES, there are many things that can make you not to be proud of your family.

@op, I met a young lady, married with two kids (a boy and a girl), 25 years old yesterday with same problem or complains about her family. She was considering between divorce and suicide (the suicide plan was still unknown to her husband though)
Her reasons was that
her husband was cheating on her even to the point of sleeping with her best friend sake of her inability to satisfy him sexually (call it low sexual drive)
2, that her mother was dead and her father is very sick in the village.
3, that none of her elder brothers and sisters went to school (higher institution), not doing any meaningful job and can barely feed.
4, unnecessary interference of her in-law in their marital affair.
5, serious beating followed by an apology from her husband despite the fact that she's beautiful and contributed greatly to the soul of her immediate family. These and many more that I don't want to mention here made her hate her family to the bone. She was saying these with serious crying.
Thank God we were able to calm her down with a plan to ensure her husband sign an under-taking in the presence of senior security, intelligent personnel and legal practitioners. So it happens every day.

MAY GOD SAVE US FROM SUCH, AMEN.
Re: Why Are Some People Not Proud Of Their Family?? by Texykool: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
What I've discovered is that there is no perfect family.

(1) (Reply)

Which is More Annoying? / Why Is There Much Concern About "Getting A Spouse" In Present Day Nigeria / 10 Habits That Ruins Every Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.