Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP (2181 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Lawyer Withdraws Suit Seeking Metuh’s Release / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Trailblazer1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Speaker of the House of Representatives Aminu Tambuwal has withdrawn a suit which he filed against the Attorney General of the Federation and the Inspector General of Police over withdrawal of his security details.

The suit was struck out by a Federal High Court today, November 17, following an application by Tambuwal to withdraw the suit, Daily Trust reports.

Speaker House of Representative, Aminu Tambuwal

Application to withdraw the suit was filed by counsel to Tambuwal, Tunji Abayomi on the grounds that the speaker instructed him to do so.

According to Tunji, the Code of Ethics of the legal profession requires he complies.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed who ruled on the case therefore struck out Tambuwal’s suit.

Recall that following Tambuwal’s defection from the ruling party, Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), his security details had been withdrawn by the Federal Government.

Tambuwal had gone to court, challenging the constitutional powers of the IGP to withdraw his security details without a court order.

The withdrawal of Tambuwal’s security details caused quite a stir as many condemned it. The Arewa Consultative Forum  and the All Progressive Party, APC condemned the FG’s action.

Source:
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/39680-tambuwal-s-withdraws-suit-on-removal-of-security-aides
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by politricks: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
donphiIopus:
tambuwal is a junk fool
And what are you?.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Trailblazer1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Tambuwal is APC's joker.

You can't predict his moves.

IMO, I think he's smart.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by masinga07(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
ALLAU AKBAR
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Goddex: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Tambuwal and Fashola are obviously quack lawyers.
Always rushing to courts only to chicken out when the chips are down

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by phapi(m): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is the highest degree of cluelessness (I hope the janjanweed callers of GEJ clueless can learn more of this speaker's own),thought his supporters where hell bent in securing the speakership for him.

So this is how coward an anticipating president to be in few month can be? Why withdraw the suit if your attitude and action of decamping meets constitutional adherence as LIA mouahmend shouted earlier this month on the pages of sharareporters headlines.

Or does TAMBUWAL thinks he can still be the speaker come Dec3 ? I doubt it spiritually expect if my PdP lawmakers loyalist jst wanna let him be in compensation 4 his longstanding patriotism to PDP

APC jostlers just don't know what is next for them and their corrupt party.

#GodHelpAPCfolks
#TeamGodisWithPDP
#TeamPDP2019
#TeamFreshAir

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Built2last: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
I said it when they descended on him after he decamped that they will keep him busy in court till election is over.
Again, his political future is better off with governorship aspiration. that presidency thingy is a long thing for him.

He cant stand, Buhari, Atiku and kwankwaso.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
donphiIopus:
tambuwal is a junk fool
Tambawal and Atiku may be acting PDP script bros. We must all stand behind General Buhari and also protect the APC from hijackers
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by bitterpenis(m): 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ok
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Pennywise(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
donphiIopus:
tambuwal is a junk fool

Just what we need. A junk fool replacing a clueless president.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by bright8(m): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
Why did he withdraw the suit nah? He would have understood the full meaning of power pass power.Hahahahhahahahhahahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by major466(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
We said it time without number that Tambuwal shot himself on the foot for defecting and some people called us names. Well, who's more clueless now?

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by ndcide(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
Tambuwal knows he'll be dealt with if he went on with the case. The constitution is clear on it only sycophants will say what about mimiko etc

We are just to hypocritical.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by worldtrush: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
He withdrawn the suit because There is an arrangement between him and the presidency that will see his security details returned tomorrow. I can authoritatively tell u that his security details will be returned tomorrow Tuesday 18th of this month.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by nzeobi(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Join us at 19:30 for a continuation of episode 5

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by donphiIopus(m): 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:
Tambawal and Atiku may be acting PDP script bros. We must all stand behind General Buhari and also protect the APC from hijackers

Yeah
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by tonyot(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
ee be like say I JUST DE WATCH
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by donphilopus: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:

Bros, hope you noticed the I and L on the guy claiming to be Donphilopus, you quoted?!
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, hope you noticed the I and L on the guy claiming to be Donphilopus, you quoted?!
I noticed, so I ignored his response. You don be celebrity o, dem don de clone you. E no easy
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by donphilopus: 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:
I noticed, so I ignored his response. You don be celebrity o, dem don de clone you. E no easy

Celebrity ko... Lol.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 18, 2014
This is not the moment for PDP to celebrate. This guy has realised his mistake, sensed defeat and made a strategic withdrawal.

Unfortunately his withdrawal neither validates nor invalidates whether he is no longer speaker or not.

It's dangerous to leave this up in the air, because PDP does not have the numbers to impeach him. The best way to remove him is through courts!

The Attorney General and PDP should go back to the courts and ask for an injunction for Tambuwal to stop parading himself as speaker or legislator.

It's time to go on attack!
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 18, 2014
The more you look, the less you see. Killing oneself over one politician may be ones greatest undoing. Politicians know where they meet secretly to settle issues among themselves.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Equado(m): 5:53am On Nov 18, 2014
Trailblazer1:
Tambuwal is APC's joker.

You can't predict his moves.

IMO, I think he's smart.
really??you fink he's smart...Tambuwal z a political mumu...does he stand a chance of becoming Nigeria's presidentand he decamped just 2 have a platform to contest...d reason I called him a 'political mumu'...he's isn't as popular as ribadu dt was disgraced @ d last presidential elections...4 him{Tambuwal} to jeopardize his seat as speaker simply bcus he dreams of bcming d president...makes him a MUMU
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by donmalcolm21(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2014
barcanista:
I can't belive you said this.
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by donmalcolm21(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Very soon GMB will throw in the towel
Re: Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP by Trailblazer1(m): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Equado:
really??you fink he's smart...Tambuwal z a political mumu...does he stand a chance of becoming Nigeria's presidentand he decamped just 2 have a platform to contest...d reason I called him a 'political mumu'...he's isn't as popular as ribadu dt was disgraced @ d last presidential elections...4 him{Tambuwal} to jeopardize his seat as speaker simply bcus he dreams of bcming d president...makes him a MUMU

You have a point there bro
Every politician has a plan for every action. It either fails or succeed

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Keep Calling GEJ "Clueless"? / ( Occupy Nigeria 1st January 2012 ) Flash back Memory Lane. Don't forget so soon / Picture Of A Primary School In Ikoro, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.