Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 (15185 Views)

Bomb Blast In Azare, Bauchi State / Bama:death Toll Rises To 130, 35 Insurgents Arrested / Jonathan Assigns Portfolio To 31 Ministers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Ishilove: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2014
The causality figure in the last Sunday bomb explosion that rocked a busy phone market known as Kasuwan Jagol in Azare, Katagum Local Government Area of Bauchi State has risen to 31 while 30 patients are currently on admission.

However, the Chief Medical Director of Azare Medical Centre, Dr. Abduallhi Ibrahim, told journalists that the hospital recorded 17 deaths and 30 of the victims of the bomb explosion are on admission.

While giving the breakdown of the causality figure, Ibrahim said out of the 17 who died in the hospital, 14 are victims of the explosion and three are suspected suicide bombers.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), he confirmed that doctors and nurses have defied Joint Health Workers Union strike to attend to the victims of the bomb blast and that the patients are responding to treatment.

However, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Haruna Mohammed, confirmed that one person identified as one of the insurgents was lynched by mob action.

Meanwhile, as at last night, the police spokesman confirmed 13 persons dead while 65 sustained various degrees of injuries out of which 43 have been treated and discharged and 22 others are responding to treatment.
This brings the total of causality figure of the explosion to 31 and 22 on admission.

He added that the scene of the explosion was visited  and cordoned off by Police explosive ordinance disposal unit while casualties were evacuated to the Federal Medical Centre Azare for medical attention.

Haruna disclosed that normalcy had been restored in Azare by combine security forces and patrols are being  intensified  within and outside the town.

Also, the minority leader of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Suleiman Baba, has berated the federal government for allowing the insecurity in the area persist as the recent was the third explosion in the area in one month.

He said: “Twelve killed, 64 were injured in Azare blast suspected to be carried out by a female suicide bomber. Its unacceptable triplets bomb within one month it shows failure of leadership.”

Meanwhile, state Governor, Isa Yuguda, has condemned in strong terms the Sunday evening bomb blast in Azare which claimed many lives and others were seriously injured.

Yuguda described blast as an act of terror which was most unfortunate just as he commended the courage of the youths who came out to arrested one of the suspected suicide bombers.

The governor, who spoke yesterday while reacting to the incident, promised that government would collaborate with security agents in the state to ensure that lives and property are protected, adding that the people too have complimentary roles in the fight against insurgency.

He called on the people to be vigilant particularly in areas where people are gathered for their legitimate duties as well as other social gatherings considering the fact that the act of insurgency has now taken a new dimension expressing confidence in the capabilities of the security agencies to control the situation in the state.

Yuguda then sympathised with all those who lost their loved ones in the dastardly act of the insurgents and wished all those that were injured speedy recovery assuring that prompt medical attention will be accorded to them at all the medical centers in the state to ensure that they received the best medical attention required.

The governor also called on community and religious leaders to intensify prayers for divine intervention in the situation because according to him, it was only God that can adequately intervene to bring the activities of the insurgents to a total stop while government on its part would continue to do its best to provide security to the people just as he assured the perpetrators will be brought to book at all cost.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/azare-death-toll-rises-to-31/194348/

1 Like

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by gbodimowo(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2014
OK

Somehow by some odd way we shall overcome and when we do the world will know Nigeria is different

7 Likes

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by lilprinze: 7:12am On Nov 18, 2014
I know they promise the men 5 virgins in heaven but wat do they tell use to brainwash this girls to waste of innocent lifes.
may their souls RIP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Shadyswag(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2014
Baba God Na ur hand we dy ooooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by MacluvPH(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2014
I have a dream,one day this bastards insurgents will feast on their suppporters and leaders.RIP to the dead.wow fourth to comment.dancing sekem!!! And really getting closer.thanks to my glo subscription.
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Ezedon(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by zzybaby: 7:13am On Nov 18, 2014
God help ur children ooo Amen
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by LOSKYXANDER: 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Naija, which way forward with these Ignoramus beings? angry. .
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by maxit2(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
too bad
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by condralbede(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
May God help us all....R.I.P to those who lost their lives.
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by msmon(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
RIP to those who lost their life.

It's pathetic and disheartening that the government keep urging us to be vigilant instead of putting heads together and find a drastic solution to the problem. What will a common man do after all, with no food in the stomach, no call unit on the phone.

God, Please help Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by DRealGeesam(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Shadyswag:
Baba God Na ur hand we dy ooooooooo!
Hmm
Gotten to an helplessness level now.
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by hrakabz(f): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
Hmmm___same story everyday!!! [sub][/sub]
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by tuffgongjo(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
I hope we won't wake up one day$discover the North is no more.
RIP to the dead though.
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by eleojo23: 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
When zombies go on rampage this is what they leave behind. Very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
Fp....xo apy...bt RIP
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by GogetterMD(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
3 bomb blasts in one month
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by shadelek(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
This is no longer new to us jor,let them keep desolating their own territory, at the end they will realise how good it is to have your territory in order. Besides, the Bible already said it that we should fear North and ever since these past years, we don't really understand the meaning until now. Well, non out of the word of God shall go in vain sha
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 18, 2014
How much longer? RIP to the victims.
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by holyboss: 7:16am On Nov 18, 2014
Rip to d dead

Btw,mind my signature wink
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by iamboody(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2014
End time news
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Franceska(f): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2014
cry
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by paulshakur: 7:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Eya
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by eleko1: 7:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Firefire(m): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2014
May The Prince of PEACE return Peace to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by Larow(m): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2014
Allah boys! Hin no go beta 4 all of una o. All dis because of the 7 fresh vagina by the time u reach heaven abi? Woooo! The angels wey go 1st torture u don de gym dey wait 4 u. In fact! Ur own fire na special one. Useless people!!!

7 Likes

Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by eleko1: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2014
embarassed shocked sad
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by born2boink(m): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2014
God almighty, we are hearing of these in the news and it's like is unreal here but true in the northern part . I pray none of us will be a victim of these boko haram people. I know power is venture between God and Devil,but this one wey boko haram wan take over for una two,I no understand oo.

I don't have passport, not to talk of visa. It is not because I can't afford travel but we love this country, if na to love the country by force na crime, forgive us.

Boko haram dey bomb schools, bomb church, I tire for dem. No make us wey no believe too much.lost believe patapata.

If only you could protect the church and send your bullet from heaven to attackers anytime they try to attack us. 99 % of us would have given our life to christ
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by okotv(m): 7:20am On Nov 18, 2014
things that happen in this country
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by tomistelle(f): 7:20am On Nov 18, 2014
MacluvPH:
I have a dream,one day this bastards insurgents will feast on their suppporters and leaders.RIP to the dead.wow fourth to comment.dancing sekem!!! And really getting closer.thanks to my glo subscription.

Serzly,r u for real We are talkn abt people's lives n u r spewing dirt abt commenting first n ur glo sub,abeg tk plenty seats jor,mtcheeew angry
Re: Azare Bombing: Death Toll Rises To 31 by 2fine2fast(m): 7:21am On Nov 18, 2014
RIP to the dead.
It was on this forum that i learnt that this matter had already been noted in the Bible
"FEAR NORTH".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC To Arraign Saraki After Vacating Restraining Order / Oghara Development Union: Ibori Already Wealthy Before Becoming Delta Governor / Sagay: Yahaya Bello, A Lightweight Boxer That Wants To Punch With Heavyweights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.