Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:44 AM

After You Blame Israel: Palestinians From Jerusalem Killed 4 Israelis With Axe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After You Blame Israel: Palestinians From Jerusalem Killed 4 Israelis With Axe. (566 Views)

Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) / Israel, Palestinians Begin Another Five-day Ceasefire In Gaza / Hamas Has Started Again O! Don't Blame Israel This Time O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After You Blame Israel: Palestinians From Jerusalem Killed 4 Israelis With Axe. by moneybag100: 9:07am On Nov 18, 2014
At least four Israelis have been killed and eight injured
when two men with a pistol, knives and axes at a West Jerusalem synagogue, police say.
The attackers - Palestinians from East Jerusalem - were shot dead, police say.
Jerusalem has seen tensions between Israelis and Palestinians soar, with a string of deadly attacks and clashes over a disputed holy site.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to respond "with a heavy hand to the brutal murder".
"This is a direct result of incitement led by Hamas and [Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, known as] Abu Mazen, incitement that the international community has been irresponsibly ignoring," he said in a statement.
Hamas and Mr Abbas's Fatah party - both rival Palestinian factions - agreed to form a unity government earlier this year, in a move denounced at the time by Israel.
Hamas and another Palestinian Islamist militant group, Islamic Jihad, praised the attack. Israel has designated both groups as terrorist organisations. There has been no comment so far from Mr Abbas.
The attacks happened at a religious seminary site on Harav Shimon Agassi Street - a largely orthodox area in the Har Nof neighbourhood.
Police say there was a shoot-out with the attackers when officers reached the scene.

"I tried to escape. The man with the knife approached me. There was a chair and table between us... my prayer shawl got caught. I left it there and escaped," one of the Israelis told Channel 2 television.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the incident was being viewed "as a terrorist attack". He said the area had been sealed off and the injured - six worshippers and two policemen - were being treated in Jerusalem hospitals. Four are said to be in a serious condition.
Mr Rosenfeld told the BBC the attackers were killed at the entrance to the building. No other attackers were involved, he said.
Jerusalem on edge
Tensions in the city have risen in recent weeks, with two deadly attacks by Palestinian militants on pedestrians in the city and announcements by Israel of plans to build more settler homes in East Jerusalem.
A prominent rabbi and leading campaigner was shot and wounded last month by a Palestinian in Jerusalem at a key religious compound in the city.

Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-30092720

Re: After You Blame Israel: Palestinians From Jerusalem Killed 4 Israelis With Axe. by Cannonleo(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2014
I go blame them.just two days ago a palestinian man working as a driver for an isrealie company was.found hanged in his bus.despite obvious marks suggesting dat he was strangled .the isrealie police falsified his autopsy report and said no foul play.infact I blame both sides

(1) (Reply)

Police Threaten To Arrest Politicians, Others With Illegal Arms- Punchng / Jonathan, Mark, Others Meet Over Extension Rule Controversy / Group Raises The Alarm Over Proposed One-million-man March In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.