Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa (12435 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? / Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by lordZOUGA(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nigeria striker Ikechukwu Uche has predicted a tough match against South Africa as the Super Eagles plot to secure Group A’s second qualification ticket for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

Bafana Bafana lead the group with 11 points while Nigeria displaced Congo to move to second position with seven points each but with a better head-to-head and can snatch the second qualification ticket if they beat the visitors at the Akwa Ibom Stadium in Uyo on tomorrow.

Uche scored from the penalty spot against Congo in his first game with the Eagles for almost two years as they won 2-0 in Pointe-Noire.

“The game against the Red Devils was a very difficult match for us because it was a match everybody expected us to win,” Uche said.

“This huge expectation from Nigerians propelled us to beat the Congolese despite the huge hostility from them. This we will also take to the match against South Africa in Uyo on Wednesday.

“Now we have to concentrate on beating Bafana Bafana. We won’t be deceived by the South Africans because we know that they are coming with their full squad.

“So we just need to mind our business and do our job well and win the game because that is what over 170 million Nigerians want right now.”

The Villarreal striker is aware of the enormity of the task ahead, even though the South Africans have never won a competitive game against Nigeria.

“We expect a tough game playing at home to South Africa [tomorrow] and I can tell you that it is not going to be easy. But hopefully we will come out victorious like we did against a very hostile Congo Brazzaville team,” he said.

Uche also acknowledged the fans, journalists and everyone who supported his return to the national team.

“I am very happy to be back and I dedicate my goal to all my fans in Nigeria that have supported me to this stage. I sincerely thank all Nigerians for my return to the Eagles and I will work hard on and off the field of play to repay them if possible with goals and most importantly to be a team player and make meaningful contributions to the team,” he assured.

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/ikechukwu-uche-hopes-to-send-eagles-through/

2 Likes

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by johnshagb(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Of course we know. Every match is always tough for SE even if they are to play Gabon.
Do your best and secure 3 points tomorrow we are solidly behind you like a hunch

*edited*
Firstus to commentus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by bosun11(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
okay smiley
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by codedflowz(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
seapson:

bosun11:
okay smiley

ericgold:
K

johnshagb:
Of course

Nairaland United I hail thee cheesy

Well..it's a do or die affair for the Super Eagles
But we're winning that match!

3 Likes

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by busuyem: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Amen to ur wish.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by kunlesehan(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
We will qualify.
Shikena!
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
0-1
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by adebrave1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
9th to comment, FTC coming soon. Thanks to the bb app

BTW, Nigeria will qualify for AFCON..... No story
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by charismaticdave(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Up naija
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good for him... NLders that care for porridge should pls join me.

3 Likes

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by zobel(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nice!
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Vivipop(f): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
For my dear country,I'm hopeful too.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by stinggy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
I don't care.

All I want is a win, come woe come weal undecided
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by englishmart(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ike uch my child. Go and do exploit
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bafana Bafana will taste their first defeat in the Qualifiers come tomorrow evening!
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by thiefnubu(m): 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
undecidedangryHmmm... I prostrate for the mod who brought this to front page!! undecided>

8 Likes

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by vonmaxwell(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wow! I just hope they play with their heart, brain, legs and chest cuz Banana Banana don dey make mouth like their new squad can win Brazil.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by frodobee: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Na now una wake-up abi? You are loosing quote me!
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by jmoore(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Keneking:
0-1
Are you ok?
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by popp(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
We're all hopeful
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Sabotage4700(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
okay
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Abbeyunique2(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
so, how does that add money to my account?
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
That's right ...we'll take that vuvuzela and blow it on their ears !!!
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by brownlord: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nigeria will phuck those fucking xenophobic HIV aids noise makers tomorrow, i see them blabbing on the internet because they think their players are now good
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by shadowwalker101: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by xyzkman(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
sad
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by NaijaOptimist: 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good optimism.
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Like Seriously... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPFL: Heartland Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 30th April 2015 / Who Is The Best Dribbler/most Skillful Player In Football. / I Haven’t Received Sack Letter – Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.