Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? (23816 Views)

Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa / Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa / Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
After losing surprisingly to the congolese team in Calabar on Saturday, the super eagles were hoping to get maximum points against the bafana bafana of South Africa tonight but could just muster a drab goalless draw. After watching our match today, what is your view of our performance?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by CharlieMaria(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
.well I wasn't expecting much from naija, so.....
Its been a while it feels good to be FTC ONCE AGAIN AFTER a long time.

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by tdayof(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
clueless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Woefully Disheartening...

5 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by HonourablePomk: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Okay
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by grosebiz(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dead fish in an ocean
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by JAZES(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Very very poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by nairaman66(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Very poor obviously! They threw away 3 clear points earlier at their mercy now they want to chase something unrealistic!

However, they still need to be encouraged in other to see if they can salvage the already tight situation. This is football, anything can happen..

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by nairaman66(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Shitty!
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by greall1: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by kunlesehan(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
I don tire with our mathematics football. We dey always pray make others lose or draw.
South Africa don bribe Keshi... whether nah home or away we play today only God know

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by edenhazard(f): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
hall
edberg
zanetti
barbosa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by korel9: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Super Eagles you said?

I only saw the Bafana Bafana play the whole 90mins undecided

I can bet you our U-17 would have beaten that S. African team (not cos d SAs didn't play well but cos they would be playing their match).

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Iaz93: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Keshi's salary should be doubled so we can start winning matches. grin grin

...and to think it was this same Mikel that was nominated for Africa's Best Player shocked Ahh! Shame dey catch me. Mikel should just retire. grin

36 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by khafrahdante(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Did we draw?
cant believe this country
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by FranckJay: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Very very poor performance
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by sirjohnson(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lets talk about something better. Chelsea wants to sign Christiano Ronaldo in January for 60m pounds. Read the story Here

5 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by wulzyp(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
No views......just disappointed cry

Paroman: after a largely uninspiring draw against SA, what is your view of the match and our performance?

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by HonourablePomk: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
nairaman66:
sauceny: .
CharlieMaria: .
sirjohnson: Poor but we will get better.

Why must you comment
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by opisco01(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
We lack scoring sense. It was what affected us in world cup and it's still hunting us.
We were just forcing the ball without any particular style of play.

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mikel out! Kelechi in! Better still super eagles out! Flying eagles in!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Princecalm(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
I am miniancally bewildered by the Eagles performance 2day.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by wulzyp(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
No views......just disappointed
Paroman: After losing surprisingly to the congolese team in Calabar on Saturday, the super eagles were hoping to get maximum points against the bafana bafana of South Africa tonight but could just muster a drab goalless draw. After watching our match today, what is your view of our performance?
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Superstar007(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
We need clinical finishers
Time for permutation, bring out your calculators.

They are only only good at winning matches on pages of Newspapers. Tommorow Keshi will be like
"I knew Eagles would draw"

7 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by faithugo64(f): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
our team needs TOTAL REFORMATION!!!
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Keky(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
FG should ban super eagles not ponmo.

18 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Adrenaline123(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
I watched the 2nd half.
Here are the lags I observed

1. Midfield- there was no centre midfielder to feed the wingers; Musa and Eminike. I put the blame on Mikel, he has faded in recent times, he is slow and tends to slow the game. He doesn't understand the meaning of no 10 jersey, the 10 jersey pushes attack, and equally feeds the strikers, but I only saw him giving haphazard counters and false passes. He has the reponsibility to feed no 7, 11 and 9.

2. Recover speed- whenever the S.Africans pushes an attack and fails, and Nigerians recover the ball, eagles tends to reattack their opponents slowly, this is a very bad tactics because they give the S.A chance to revitalize and strengthen their defence. However, this bad tactics is probably caused by the midfield which must reattack with force and feed the strikers already on the run.

3. Wrong passes- I thought eagles have grown above giving wrong passes but pathetically they still do it, they have not learnt sharp and accurate passes, I must commend Bafana players for their sharp and accurate passes. Whenever the eagles are in possesion of the ball, some player even walk with the ball, some even stand to look for who to pass to, then when the pressure on the possesor increases, he now either gives a long inaccurate counter-pass, or passes it back to the keeper who then shoots the ball away.

Keshi needs to work on the midfielders (we need attacking MFs), attacking speed and passing skills for the defence they just need encouragement and technical advice.
But my best player for today; I give it up for OMERUO . That's what I observered.

19 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
Too poor# SE are not constructive at all.

How can one person carry 3 people's head? SA heads nor be here o.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by stellaluv1: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tank God am d first after so many yrs
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by nerodenero: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
I expected less and I got less.

Keshi is yet to add anything to Eagles after AFCON.

Worst Eagles display against any South Áfrican team.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Could Take Legal Action Against Napoli- His Agent Roberto Calenda / 2019/20 Football League Prediction And Where Your Team Will Likely End By Adikam / Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.