Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa (12653 Views)

Salami Gbolahan And Wife Welcome Their Son / Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by pontirock(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Three changes have been made by the Super Eagles technical crew ahead of their match against Bafana Bafana in Cape Town

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is expected to make three changes to his starting line up when they take on South Africa on Wednesday evening in Cape Town.

Forwards Emmanuel Emenike and Gbolahan Salami will be joined by midfielder Nosa Igiebor as part of changes made from the defeat to Congo in Calabar on Saturday.

This means that Nnamdi Oduamadi, Uche Nwofor and Ramon Azeez will drop to the bench after a lackluster performance that saw the Super Eagles lose 3-2 to the Red Devils, their first home defeat in a qualifier in 33 years.

Salami, who plays for local side Warri Wolves, scored the second goal for Nigeria in Calabar after coming on as a substitute.

Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba has also made two changes to the squad that defeated Sudan 3-0 in Omdurman last Friday.

Keagan Dolly and Tokelo Rantie were dropped for this encounter, with Oupa Manyisa and Sibusiso Vilakazi taking their places respectively.

While a confident Bafana side will hope to get their first win against the Eagles in competitive football, the African champions will hope they don’t falter once more in their attempt to qualify for Morocco 2015.

Starting Sides

South Africa XI: Senzo Meyiwa, Thulani Hlatshwayo, Anele Ngcongca, Erick Mathoho, Thabo Matlaba, Andile Jali, Dean Furman, Oupa Manyisa, Mandla Masango, Sibusiso Vilakazi and Bongani Ndulula.

Nigeria XI: Ejide; Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile; Onazi, Mikel, Igiebor; Musa, Emenike, Salami.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2015-afcon-qualification/2014/09/10/5096241/team-news-salami-and-emenike-to-start-against-south-africa?ICID=HP_HN_1
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by korel9: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
FTC tyns!!!

Ehen what's the thread about sef? grin grin grin

malikmoreni: Nice tongue , I missed first space
tongue tongue tongue

Back to the matter

As long as Mikelis Obilis is still on dat team I'm not interested

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Samiceman: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sh!t!!!! Second to comment.... The dude above me is right, as long as Obi is in the line up....... I Ain't interested!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by kunlesehan(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
It shall be 4-0
Up naija!
May the bafana bafana go down south in deep loss

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nice tongue , I missed first space
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by onlymase(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
really?
no 1
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Maxie110(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mikel again OMG! Pls wake me up frm this nightmare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by RockMaxi: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mod please do something to this topic on FP.

The better side should win I am tired of this media tension. tongue
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by iropelebe(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is better emenike came in too late against congo

2 Likes

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
better
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by itsIYKE(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
I care not about who starts,...All we want is a win to silence those mongoloids from the south

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Babyboy1986(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
I hope dem go play well today..

Good luck boys.
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by ichidodo: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Bad news,no synergy between these two..

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by kunlesehan(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
iropelebe: This is better emenike came in too late against congo
Exactly, and I wonder why Keshi made such an error.
Anyway, I hope today will be better.
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by technophile(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
RIP S.A!! Those two are incredible HULKs

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by obamaobama: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
MIKEL MOST PLAY

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
itsIYKE: bcf

obamaobama: ,

What of the two Uche brothers that were invited? Kechi and his clueless tactics.
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by pjosh1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Make nigeria jst win 2day match, i don 2 insult and brag for supersport facebook page, guys no jst 4 ma hand

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Sparrow13: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ademolapaul: Good
yes our like button is back

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Chidexter(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Fly Eagles Fly.

the mistake keshi did in the last match was not putting Emenike from the beggining. i think we have a good chance of winning this match

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Babyboy1986(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
What is d meaning of this
ichidodo: Bad news,no synergy between this two..

2 Likes

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by valmunich(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Like button is back, u guys should start, doing the needful
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Emmafrancis: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
what about the two uches? I hope they both play today

and why in the name of everything-that-is-good is mikle in the team?

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by bastien: 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oooh ma God, not Mikel again, that guy should just resign asap..............

Mikel insulting Jersey number 10 since 2010

4 Likes

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by ratiken(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
We have no option than win today's match
Congo has 6 points already after a win against Sudan and SA will be having 6 if we mess up today. Zero points for Nigeria after today's match is a wrong place to be.

3 Likes

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
all i know is that RSA go beat us 2-1, with that baba suwe in goal, angry

4 Likes

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by feyif(f): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mikel Again?

1 Like

Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by Babyboy1986(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yes ooO
Sparrow13: yes our like button is back
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by iceberylin(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Keshie has Done one good thing grin
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by sympoto(f): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
We are waiting
Re: Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa by grosebiz(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Until mikel is not listed on the starting 11, I think we are still joking with raising a team we can be proud of! He needs to know dat he is a player whose position is aggressively contested. As a young soccer fan, I saw d numba 10 shirt as an exclusive reserve of soccer gods! It was so awe-inspiring dat even refrees favor dere very mistakes! Mikel Obi is d first numba 10 player whose performance will make a foetus in d womb desire snooker to football.He is just too damning to be so clothed!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Wins Napoli Player Of The Month Award For March / Uk Pool Week 20 Free Draws / ‘I Don’t Miss Playing For Chelsea’- John Terry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.