Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument (6821 Views)

Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Fashola, who was there to support Buhari at his Eagle
Square declaration, now says what Nigeria needs are
young leaders and not geriatrics: “When 40-year olds are
now leading nations and our 40-year olds can’t even get
to the Senate, they can’t even become governors. Are we
really preparing this generation for the future?
Those are
the issues really. We cannot point to success in other
countries and refuse to do what those people are doing to
get things right.” This is a coded way of saying Buhari is
now way too old for Aso Rock.

https://www.nairaland.com/2002388/impending-betrayal-muhammadu-buhari

Above statement in color from Fashola. Now see how Fashola ''tortoisely'' ditched Buhari, who is 73 years old and wants to lead Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
I still wonder why Fashola, who is a smart dude, at least by Nigerian standard, is not even giving the presidency a shot. Is he shy? Is he over-hyped, or is he a coward?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
the man know his capabilities and connection....its up to him to make his choices...posting it on nairaland wunt change his decisions
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
Does Buhari even know what an iPad is? Can he prepare PPT slides? Can he deliver an economic presentation to a global forum? Does Nigeria need a 19th century leader?

Where is Pat Utomi, Fasola, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, El-Rufai, Oby Ezekwesili and Akinwumi Adesina, when you need them most?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
Does Buhari even know what an iPad is? Can he prepare PPT slides? Can he deliver an economic presentation to a global forum? Does Nigeria need a 19th century leader?

Where is Pat Utomi, Fasola, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, El-Rufai, Oby Ezekwesili and Akinwumi Adesina, when you need them most?

A leopard can never change its spots... Koboko is to Buhari, what iPad is to you and I.

Fashola is Tifnubus houseboy so you expect him to leak ogas secrets from time to time.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by PapiWata: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Governor Fashola realized all along that Buhari is a mass murdering terror gang sponsor, and so has wisely laid to rest all speculation that he might be foolish enough to associate himself with such a criminal and avowed enemy of democracy.

Good move Governor Fashola. Good move.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by hahn(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Evil is prevalent because the good have refused to speak up.

Nigerians know that the candidates that PDP and APC are offering us are no good but the real question is, where are the futuristic, humble, nationalistic, selfless, visionary, purpose driven, incorruptible candidate that Nigerians need?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
hahn:

Evil is prevalent because the good have refused to speak up.

Nigerians know that the candidates that PDP and APC are offering us are no good but the real question is, where are the futuristic, humble, nationalistic, selfless, visionary, purpose driven, incorruptible candidate that Nigerians need?

Sure! 170 million Nigerians minus two (GEJ and Buhari). If we cannot get a president from that bunch, then we might as well invite foreigners to lead. This is becoming ridiculous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by lecturerdabo(m): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

A leopard can never change its spots... Koboko is to Buhari, what iPad is to you and I.

Old boy! U got it right

EVEN left

5 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

Fashola is Tifnubus houseboy so you expect him to leak ogas secrets from time to time.

It really does not matter who Fashola is to Tinubu. In life, people have been vehicles for others to ride on to new destinations. So, Fashola could get to Aso Rock and then put Tinubu where he belongs. OBJ did it with the Northern king makers.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes:

gringrin grin

gringrin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Built2last: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
Like Bill Clinton Said about a Former U.S presidential contestant...''I am not really against his age but the age of his ideas''

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Built2last:
Like Bill Clinton Said about a Former U.S presidential contestant...''I am not really against his age but the age of his ideas''

That, in addition to his age.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

You made a salient point bro.If the likes of the people you mentioned above including olusegun Aganga decide to form a political party,they will have my vote.

Is fashola just realising that Buhari is too old to govern Nigeria or is he being plain silly?

Is his statement a veiled reference to Buhari and his blind supporters that they are no longer needed?

Hmm! Dogs and babbons will be soaked in blood on the day of their presidential primary election.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
idumuose:

You made a salient point bro.If the likes of the people you mentioned above including olusegun Aganga decide to form a political party,they will have my vote.

Is fashola just realising that Buhari is too old to govern Nigeria or is he being plain silly?

Is his statement a veiled reference to Buhari and his blind supporters that they are no longer needed?

Hmm! Dogs and babbons will be soaked in blood on the day of their presidential primary election.

Sure! Aganga and a few others such as Soludo, Duke, and even Sanusi, together with the above-mentioned names, would make Nigeria into something. We need a team. I hope Nigerians who do the voting get wiser soon; at least in 2019, if already too late for 2015.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Max24: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Looks like Fashola is now bitter since its now obvious that the muslim/muslim arrangement is not going to work. Didnt he know about GMBs age when he attended his declaration? Politicians and their selfish interests. The odds now favour Ameachi, Oshiomole, Rochas and co. Sorry oo Oga Fashola.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Max24:
Looks like Fashola is now bitter since its now obvious that the muslim/muslim arrangement is not going to work. Didnt he know about GMBs age when he attended his declaration? Politicians and their selfish interests. The odds now favour Ameachi, Oshiomole, Rochas and co. Sorry oo Oga Fashola.

Yeah! But those potential Buhari VPs have nothing to offer Nigeria. They are no different from the run-of-the-mill Nigerian politicians, especially Amechi and Oshiomhole. Rochas is still unraveling, and so I may be misjudging him.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Splashme: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
[b]Does Buhari even know what an iPad is? Can he prepare PPT slides? Can he deliver an economic presentation to a global forum? Does Nigeria need a 19th century [/b]leader?
l

All those rooting for this expired baggage to lead us should be ashamed of themselves

8 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by aljharem(m): 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
Built2last:

What idea will a 74 yrs old man have that a younger man cannot muster. Why must he be president?

He should be an elder he is by providing ideas not pushing for position.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Sure! Aganga and a few others such as Soludo, Duke, and even Sanusi, together with the above-mentioned names, would make Nigeria into something. We need a team. I hope Nigerians who do the voting get wiser soon; at least in 2019, if already too late for 2015.
You are right.It's too late now.If these folks can join hands and form a political party before 2019,it will be a welcome idea.As it is,Buhari does not have an economic blueprint on how to move Nigeria from point A to point B.He does not have an inkling what to do except his anti corruption slogan,that is good though cos no country can progress with corruption entrenched in the society.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
aljharem:

What idea will a 74 yrs old man have that a younger man cannot muster. Why must he be president?

He should be an elder he is by providing ideas not pushing for position.

Actually, he has no ideas to provide except for ideas on national security, religion, and inter-cultural affairs. Unfortunately, those are not the exact ideas we need to move forward to a developed economy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
The age of a man does not count

Ronald Reagan, Nelson Mandela all led their countries while over 70. Most Americans still refer to the Reagan administration as the best

Ipad facebook and Power Point is not what rules a nation

Warren Buffet is one of the richest men alive he is 84, Was it Powerpoint slides and MS excel that made him succesful?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Amanwulu1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
I still wonder why Fashola, who is a smart dude, at least by Nigerian standard, is not even giving the presidency a shot. Is he shy? Is he over-hyped, or is he a coward?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
idumuose:

You are right.It's too late now.If these folks can join hands and form a political party before 2019,it will be a welcome idea.
As it is,Buhari does not have an economic blueprint on how to move Nigeria from point A to point B.He does not have an inkling what to do except his anti corruption slogan,that is good though cos

no country can progress with corruption entrenched in the society.

But you must not be the president to fight corruption. How about the country creating a brand new anti-corruption agency and handing it over to Buhari (since that is the only credential he seems to have) to manage, with far-reaching powers, except to kill? Such an agency will not be there only for prosecuting suspects, but to also work on re-orientating the moral fabric of Nigerians. Because as it is today, most Nigerians living in Nigeria are corrupt until proven otherwise (apologies to everyone, but that is a hard fact we must begin to imbibe if we must make that change)
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

But you must not be the president to fight corruption. How about the country creating a brand new anti-corruption agency and handing it over to Buhari (since that is the only credential he seems to have) to manage, with far-reaching powers, except to kill? Such an agency will not be there only for prosecuting suspects, but to also work on re-orientating the moral fabric of Nigerians. Because as it is today, most Nigerians living in Nigeria are corrupt until proven otherwise (apologies to everyone, but that is a hard fact we must begin to imbibe if we must make that change)

How can Buhari as head of anti-corruption be effective when he still has to make recommendation to a very corrupt president who is hell bent on bankrupting the country.

Corruption can only be eradicated from the top.

When a few top officials are prosecuted then everyone would know its no longer business as usual

4 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:
The age of a man does not count

Ronald Reagan, Nelson Mandela all led their countries while over 70. Most Americans still refer to the Reagan administration as the best

Ipad facebook and Power Point is not what rules a nation

Warren Buffet is one of the richest men alive he is 84, Was it Powerpoint slides and MS excel that made him seccesful?

Those in color are just idiomatic (or something to that effect). Buhari does not even have the penchant to make money like Buffet, neither does he have the organizing ability of Reagan, nor the free and unvindictive spirit of Mandela. Grow up and face the reality.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

How can Buhari as head of anti-corruption be effective when he still has to make recommendation to a very corrupt president who is hell bent on bankrupting the country.

Corruption can only be eradicated from the top.

When a few top officials are prosecuted then everyone would know its no longer business as usual

Anti-corruption agency with far-reaching powers, except to kill. Powers that would be backed by legislation. It will not be answerable to the president. He cannot be removed unless by a legislative act.

And the president I mean is not GEJ. Both GEJ and Buhari are unfit, for different reasons, to lead Nigeria at this time.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Those in color are just idiomatic (or something to that effect). Buhari does not even have the penchant to make money like Buffet, neither does he have the organizing ability of Reagan, nor the free and unvindictive spirit of Mandela. Grow up and face the reality.

WHat Buhari has is the zero tolerance for corruption which is what we need right now. Being upright knows no age, and he is one of the few honest leaders left that we trust

Its the same young PPT slides president that we have currently that corruption has taken a new dimension in the country

2 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
Anti-corruption agency with far-reaching powers, except to kill. Powers that would be backed by legislation. It will not be answerable to the president. He cannot be removed unless by a legislative act.

And the president I mean is not GEJ. Both GEJ and Buhari are unfit, for different reasons, to lead Nigeria at this time.

No President in the world would give anyone such powers that can make him prosecute even the president and definitely not the brand of politicians we have in Nigeria.

Since the setup you're suggesting is not feasible in the current Nigeria and constitution the next best is for Buhari to be the President and rid the nation of corrupt leaders like the one we have currently.

Its like me saying " If only Dangote would give me his all his money, I can do this and that" the reality is that Dangote giving me all his money is under the category of wishful thinking, Beer parlour rants which would only be entertained by drunks

2 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Jonathan Should please appoint Fashola FCT Minister after election

That is if Fashola does not go to senate

The country needs his service

I don't agree with all of Fashola's views but you can not question his wisdom or brilliance!

We can't allow this guy to waste like Donald Duke! I have listened to Fashola a lot and I think his arguments right or wrong are very sophisticated. He is perhaps the most sophisticated thinker of this generation of politicians!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

No President in the world would give anyone such powers that can make him prosecute even the president and definitely not the brand of politicians we have in Nigeria.

Since the setup you're suggesting is not feasible in the current Nigeria and constitution the next best is for Buhari to be the President and rid the nation of corrupt leaders like the one we have currently

I doubt that Buhari is not corrupt (and this is both morally and financially speaking). Perception is not reality.

Plus, I have said that GEJ is not the messiah either. Why are we unable to look beyond these two misfits?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by nigerianvenom(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis,na today?
Fashola na real willy willy na.
Even fashola can never vote buhari nor atiku/kwashiorkor (kwankwaso).
we dont need a Mugabe president in nigeria.
We dont need a man that sees nothing in all d money stolen by him and abacha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. / Osinbajo Arrives New Guinea For 8th African Summit Of African, Carribean States / EFCC To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.