Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument (6840 Views)

Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Those in color are just idiomatic (or something to that effect). Buhari does not even have the penchant to make money like Buffet, neither does he have the organizing ability of Reagan, nor the free and unvindictive spirit of Mandela. Grow up and face the reality.
Is it not rather shameful that at his age Buhari is still broke.Rather than face governance,Buhari will be busy chasing his enemies who have betrayed him over the years.
What investment does buhari have? What has he done with all the money he made as a former governor,minister,head of state,Ptf chairman,etc? Don't tell me he didn't draw his salary during those period.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by nigerianvenom(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
I still wonder why Fashola, who is a smart dude, at least by Nigerian standard, is not even giving the presidency a shot. Is he shy? Is he over-hyped, or is he a coward?

Pls edit the above statement.fashola isnt smart at all except oxford has redefine the term "smart".

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
I doubt that Buhari is not corrupt (and this is both morally and financially speaking). Perception is not reality.

Plus, I have said that GEJ is not the messiah either. Why are we unable to look beyond these two misfits?

You doubt which is personal, There are people who doubt Nigeria is in Africa.

Majority of Nigerians especially those old enough to witness the Buhari regime can vouch for him and he is known as the Honest one

The only president without a house in Abuja nor foreign account

In 2015 We would support Me Gaskiya to rid our Augean stable of the stench from the freshly made polluted air Jonathan has been giving us since 2011

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by major466(m): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Buhari is not only expired, he belong to the stone age.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lmao.

You lots are simply pathetic honestly. So darn predictable. The moment I saw that thread on Tambuwal opting for Sokoto state government house, I knew it and indeed said "the saTANists are going to scramble back to their key-pads/boards to resume the attack on the person of Buhari" after the break they took as a result of Tambuwal "picking presidential nomination form". Now we have no less than 7 anti-Buhari threads and counting in less than 10hrs!!

What a pity. Buhari has come to stay and will be the President come 2015 to your utter disappointment regardless of the number of threads and tweets you create.

Hope you guys catch a heart attack afterwards. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

No President in the world would give anyone such powers that can make him prosecute even the president and definitely not the brand of politicians we have in Nigeria.

Since the setup you're suggesting is not feasible in the current Nigeria and constitution the next best is for Buhari to be the President and rid the nation of corrupt leaders like the one we have currently.

Its like me saying " If only Dangote would give me his all his money, I can do this and that" the reality is that Dangote giving me all his money is under the category of wishful thinking, Beer parlour rants which would only be entertained by drunks

It is very possible, if the anti corruption czar knows what he is doing. Once appointed and ratified by the senate, he will not be removable until the end of a specified tenure, except by the senate. If I have such powers and I am myself not corrupt and incorruptible (so that I do not have any skeletons in my own cupboard), I will start working by always announcing to the Nigerian public every suspect that is arrested, why they are arrested and what is being done with their case. I will make public any allegation of corruption that comes to me concerning the president and the legislators, and pastors and imams and bank managers, etc. This I will do despite the immunity that the executives might have, at least to let the public know what allegations are out there, and that they (the public) should advocate for prosecution once they are out of power. I will make sure that I am not sectional in this exposure.

I will provide the names of judges handling each corruption case and I will have my own opinion to make to the public, if a judge is trying to play games with any case.

Essentially, I will ALWAYS take my case to the court of public opinion. That way, the leaders will think twice before engaging in any secret maneuvers to undermine my activities. Only a corrupt followership will not do something with such information at the public disposal. In which case Nigeria is completely hopeless because it takes good followership to make good leadership.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

You doubt which is personal, There are people who doubt Nigeria is in Africa.

Majority of Nigerians especially those old enough to witness the Buhari regime can vouch for him and he is known as the Honest one

The only president without a house in Abuja nor foreign account

In 2015 We would support Me Gaskiya to rid our Augean stable of the stench from the freshly made polluted air Jonathan has been giving us since 2011

Not every Nigerian, not even half of the population, have a good view of Buhari.

It is a shame that Buhari (and GEJ) is all you guys have to offer yourselves. Shame!!!!
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by raumdeuter: 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
^^We dont have any framework for all you posted just yet.

So the closest we have is to make Buhari president to rid our nation of corruption

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
omenka:
Lmao.

You lots are simply pathetic honestly. So darn predictable. The moment I saw that thread on Tambuwal opting for Sokoto state government house, I knew it and indeed said "the saTANists are going to scramble back to their key-pads/boards to resume the attack on the person of Buhari" after the break they took as a result of Tambuwal "picking presidential nomination form". Now we have no less than 7 anti-Buhari threads and counting in less than 10hrs!!

What a pity. Buhari has come to stay and will be the President come 2015 to your utter disappointment regardless of the number of threads and tweets you create.

Hope you guys catch a heart attack afterwards. gringrin

Dude, if Buhari and GEJ drop dead today, would that be Nigeria's end? Why are we unable to look beyond them to get our leader?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
idumuose:

Is it not rather shameful that at his age Buhari is still broke.Rather than face governance,Buhari will be busy chasing his enemies who have betrayed him over the years.
What investment does buhari have? What has he done with all the money he made as a former governor,minister,head of state,Ptf chairman,etc? Don't tell me he didn't draw his salary during those period.
Yours is the kind of saTANic orientation that has encouraged corruption in high places in Nigeria. You should be ashamed of yourself. It is only in Nigeria you find people thinking is a thing of shame for one not to turn out extremely wealthy after occupying exalted public offices. Jeez. Do you guys even take a moment to listen to yourselves?? With an attitude such as this, why wouldn't the politicians keep stealing the country blind knowing when they step out of office, people would laugh at them if they don't drive in the finest cars, live in the poshest apartments, or adorn themselves with the most expensive jeweleries and accessories??

Shame on you Idumuose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
raumdeuter:
^^We dont have any framework for all you posted just yet.

So the closest we have is to make Buhari president to rid our nation of corruption

It can be created overnight; it is not rocket science. It seems you, the followers, are hellbent on ruining Nigeria. You cannot even demonstrate on the street against corruption. You hopeless lots??
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by ayindejimmy(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
You ppl 4got dat evry country is unique and thus our challenges and solution demands a unique approach. I dont tink the experience and wisdom of the aged shuld be discarded. Yoruba ppl say, 'Agba ki un wa loja kori omo tun tun o pa.' wit age comes courage and wisdom that cannot be inculcated wit ipad, andriod phones or the internet. Ng is at the lowest depth of the pit of disinteragation. I dnt tink we need a rocket scientist or a nerd to stir us into consciousness. Wha we need is a dogmatic, principled, bold, and focused leader- a team player. Such a person cant do it alone but he/she wil have the wisdom and humility to gather a formidable team. I dont care abt the age...i jus want the job done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Dude, if Buhari and GEJ drop dead today, would that be Nigeria's end? Why are we unable to look beyond them to get our leader?
Dude, the biggest problem the country faces today is corruption and what I desire is someone who can fight against it head on, not someone who would spend an hour explaining to the nation and the world the difference between corruption and stealing without doing as much as a finger wagging reprimand in condemnation of either.

I see no one more likely to do so than Buhari.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by ibedun: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Let me bust your bubble a bit.

I am more scared of our "Ferrarri" young people in Nigeria than I am of the geriatric on their way out.

Corruption has gone up in ridiculous multiples since younger people started taking over. Imagine being ruled by Fayose, Kalu, Ibori , Alayemu--siga etc.

These are monumental thieves. See the expenses account of our erstwhile Central Banker Emir.

You have the thieving civil servants crawling all over Abuja are in their 40/50s.

These guys don't think Roads, Hospitals, Schools, Electricity, affordable homes, Mother-care, Old age people, Disabled people, Infants, Toddlers, government care for our Women, girls education, government infrastructure maintenance, accountable government, the unemployed men and women, social security for the people, safety net and welfare for the people.

Our crazy young men only thinks of Private jets, Range Rovers, Lekki homes, Dubai every Friday nite, endless queue of poverty challenged vulnerable girls and women, flexing muscles, oppressing the have-nots.

Animal kingdom really.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
ayindejimmy:
You ppl 4got dat evry country is unique and thus our challenges and solution demands a unique approach. I dont tink the experience and wisdom of the aged shuld be discarded. Yoruba ppl say, 'Agba ki un wa loja kori omo tun tun o pa.' wit age comes courage and wisdom that cannot be inculcated wit ipad, andriod phones or the internet. Ng is at the lowest depth of the pit of disinteragation. I dnt tink we need a rocket scientist or a nerd to stir us into consciousness. Wha we need is a dogmatic, principled, bold, and focused leader- a team player. Such a person cant do it alone but he/she wil have the wisdom and humility to gather a formidable team. I dont care abt the age...i jus want the job done!
The most anoying part is the sheer hypocrisy is this age nonsense. The same folks promoting that needless debate were alive in 2007 when Ikemba contested, during which time he was 74years!!! How come this never arose during the time, or are they trying to tell us they were ignorant of his age??

This is complete bullucks.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by ellistmedia: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
Does Buhari even know what an iPad is? Can he prepare PPT slides? Can he deliver an economic presentation to a global forum? Does Nigeria need a 19th century leader?

Where is Pat Utomi, Fasola, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, El-Rufai, Oby Ezekwesili and Akinwumi Adesina, when you need them most?

Would you or Nigerians vote for them? Nigerians are good at voting bad leaders.
With the kind of progress made so far by PDP after 16years, I wonder how some Nigerians still which the PDP to continue.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
omenka:
Dude, the biggest problem the country faces today is corruption and what I desire is someone who can fight against it head on, not someone who would spend an hour explaining to the nation and the world the difference between corruption and stealing without doing as much as a finger wagging reprimand in condemnation of either.

I see no one more likely to do so than Buhari.

I see that you Buhari followers are entrenched in your belief, likewise GEJ's followers. No wonder your country is not working.

I am talking to you about getting alternative candidates and you are here digging in deeper in your pit. Good luck to you.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
ellistmedia:

Would you or Nigerians vote for them? Nigerians are good at voting bad leaders.
With the kind of progress made so far by PDP after 16years, I wonder how some Nigerians still which the PDP to continue.

Are you asking me that question? Why would I mention any of these names if I would not be open to voting for any of them?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Not every Nigerian, not even half of the population, have a good view of Buhari.

It is a shame that Buhari (and GEJ) is all you guys have to offer yourselves. Shame!!!!
Let's do it this way: how about you suggested someone. Who do you have in mind??
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
ibedun:
Let me bust your bubble a bit.

I am more scared of our "Ferrarri" young people in Nigeria than I am of the geriatric on their way out.

Corruption has gone up in ridiculous multiples since younger people started taking over. Imagine being ruled by Fayose, Kalu, Ibori , Alayemu--siga etc.

These are monumental thieves. See the expenses account of our erstwhile Central Banker Emir.

You have the thieving civil servants crawling all over Abuja are in their 40/50s.

These guys don't think Roads, Hospitals, Schools, Electricity, affordable homes, Mother-care, Old age people, Disabled people, Infants, Toddlers, government care for our Women, girls education, government infrastructure maintenance, accountable government, the unemployed men and women, social security for the people, safety net and welfare for the people.

Our crazy young men only thinks of Private jets, Range Rovers, Lekki homes, Dubai every Friday nite, endless queue of poverty challenged vulnerable girls and women, flexing muscles, oppressing the have-nots.

Animal kingdom really.

So the situation is completely hopeless, you seem to suggest?

BTW, when the old pass on, which must happen with time, who replaces them then? Is Fashola among the corrupt young? If not, why should we not promote his candidacy?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
@raumdeuter and omenka

please leave this saTANoids to wallow in their scaremongering

No one is fooled by their default attempt to continue to mudsling at GMB....they thought the coming of Tambuwal will shut the door against our reverred General but having read that Tambuwal aint contesting for the Presidency again,they have been mobilised to go back to their Plan A which is to destroy Buhari's pedigree

Yet people of good conscience know that Buhari remains the most credible,incorruptible,disciplined,stellar and liberal candidate to take Nigeria out of the lockhold of the excrutiating pangs of clueless leadership foisted on it by GEJ who is presently representing the corrupt cabal

2 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
omenka:
Let's do it this way: how about you suggested someone. Who do you have in mind??

Fashola
Utomi
El-rufai
Soludi
Adeshina

And any one of the others I mentioned in my initial posts on prior pages. Go read again.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
I have come to learn that in politics, on the eve of every election the truth gets drowned out by all the noise. But on Election Day the silent majority speaks!

I can not in the life of me see how the enlightened, educated and very civilised people of South West will in their majority vote a 76 year old former military dictator who usurped democracy as the president of Nigeria in 2015.

The South West will be APC Waterloo!

Jonathan will take SS, SE, NC and then SW!

Buhari might just get a little upgrade on that his 12m votes!
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Fashola
Utomi
El-rufai
Soludi
Adeshina

And any one of the others I mentioned in my initial posts on prior pages. Go read again.
I gave you the reason why I'm bent on Buhari didn't I? I don't like to speculate, I prefer taking decisions based on what I know. Can you tell me what the track record of these folks are (NB: I have nothing against them) in terms of anti-corruption?? Convince me sir. Take it you are marketing a product here. smiley. Age alone doesn't cut it for me.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by PapiWata: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
We're so sorry, you decrepit old murderous dinosaur Buhari, but enlightened YOUNG uber-achievers in the class of Governor Fashola NEVER associate with serial losers who have blood on their hands and who nurse dreams of becoming the Grand Calipha of Africa, but will never amount to anything more than the pathetic sick joke they will always be to the world.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Ovamboland(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
I still wonder why Fashola, who is a smart dude, at least by Nigerian standard, is not even giving the presidency a shot. Is he shy? Is he over-hyped, or is he a coward?

The reason Fashola cannot successfully vie for the presidency now inspite of his good performance as governor is tied to the reason Jonathan has tremendous support from certain regions for second term despite his woeful performance.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
omenka:
Yours is the kind of saTANic orientation that has encouraged corruption in high places in Nigeria. You should be ashamed of yourself. It is only in Nigeria you find people thinking is a thing of shame for one not to turn out extremely wealthy after occupying exalted public offices. Jeez. Do you guys even take a moment to listen to yourselves?? With an attitude such as this, why wouldn't the politicians keep stealing the country blind knowing when they step out of office, people would laugh at them if they don't drive in the finest cars, live in the poshest apartments, or adorn themselves with the most expensive jeweleries and accessories??

Shame on you Idumuose.
You got it all wrong and i don't expect you to get it right having your sense of reasoning beclouded by "Buhari mentality".My father as a civil servant was able to errect a decent building without stealing.My father used his gratuity to invest wisely and he isn't broke.

So in your warped thinking you must steal from govt in order to invest in a worthwhile venture? If Buhari had invested his money in stocks with part of his salaries in the 70's he will not be broke today.He is an irresponsible man with nothing to show for all the years he worked as an officer of the nigeria army.Shame on you both.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:
Does Buhari even know what an iPad is? Can he prepare PPT slides? Can he deliver an economic presentation to a global forum? Does Nigeria need a 19th century leader?

Where is Pat Utomi, Fasola, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, El-Rufai, Oby Ezekwesili and Akinwumi Adesina, when you need them most?
GEJ doesn't sound like he knows any of what you asked of Buhari either. So, why don't you insist neither him nor Buhari run,why does Buhari bother your likes so much?
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by omenka(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
idumuose:

You got it all wrong and i don't expect you to get it right having your sense of reasoning beclouded by "Buhari mentality".My father as a civil servant was able to errect a decent building without stealing.My father used his gratuity to invest wisely and he isn't broke.

So in your warped thinking you must steal from govt in order to invest in a worthwhile venture? If Buhari had invested his money in stocks with part of his salaries in the 70's he will not be broke today.He is an irresponsible man with nothing to show for all the years he worked as an officer of the nigeria army.Shame on you both.
If your father were a responsible man as you would like us to believe, you wouldn't wouldn't have wound up the way you are.

Good night.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Ovamboland(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Francis5:

Our system is so terrible that it can not throw-up such people as leaders but only disasters like Yar'dua and Goodluck. If the listed are electable by the Nigerian system who will be talking about Buhari? The need to ensure disaster Jonathan does not get a second time is what made the prospect of a Buhari presidency more appealing.

Remember Mr. clean Gani Fawehinmi contested on his party platform and was largely ignored in 2003, even Ojukwu got far more votes than Gani in that election. So the idea of getting such people as leader for now still remains a romantic one that is not practical. Almost all states are still at the level of talking about rotation of leadership between ethnic groups with competence hardly in contention like 'Ekwere time vs Ijaw/Ogoni time', Ijebu time vs Egba time', Ebira vs Tivi tiime' etc.
Can you say we are ready to elect leaders on the basis of character, ability and competence? We ares till far from it.

Remember the reason majority of Northern supporters of Buhari is vastly different from the reasons for the support of vast majority of his supporters from the south. It is just a mere coincidence of aspirations nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by Francis5: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
mikeansy:
I have come to learn that in politics, on the eve of every election the truth gets drowned out by all the noise. But on Election Day the silent majority speaks!

I can not in the life of me see how the enlightened, educated and very civilised people of South West will in their majority vote a 76 year old former military dictator who usurped democracy as the president of Nigeria in 2015.

The South West will be APC Waterloo!

Jonathan will take SS, SE, NC and then SW!

Buhari might just get a little upgrade on that his 12m votes!

I am deeply disappointed with the SW and the choice they are making, despite Fashola. They are not even putting up a little fight. That is not to say GEJ is the answer. Hell no!!. As for Igbos, I belong to that school of thought that thinks we need to put our house (example Abia state) in order before any presidential outing, unless we are looking at Utomi, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Enugu Gov, or Oby Ezekwesili. Rather no Igbo president than the likes of Orji Kalu.
Re: Fashola The Wily Tortoise Ditches Buhari In A Convincing Argument by idumuose(m): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
omenka:
If your father were a responsible man as you would like us to believe, you wouldn't wouldn't have wound up the way you are.

Good night.
Thank God i am better than you.thank God i have a responsible father.Do you know who your father is? I guess you don't. And you never will.

Little wonder Fashola rejected Buhari at the dying minute.gringrin grin because he (Buhari) is perpetually unelectable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment / Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? / Short Biography Of Edward Onoja, New Kogi Deputy Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.