Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

INEC Voters Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Voters Registration (607 Views)

Inec Voters Registration November 13th To 17th. / INEC Voters Registration In Oyo State. / State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Voters Registration by Taolyn4lif(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Share the INEC voters registration experience in your area. You may also suggest ideas that could have made the exercise more successful.

The registration exercise in my area, Abeokuta, Ogun State is a flop. Only few officials, average of two at the registration desks attending to multitudes. People spend too much time on queues without being attended to. More officials behind more registration desks could have made the exercise better.

Share yours.
Re: INEC Voters Registration by PapiDShipCapt(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
I went to the registration area on the second day @ about 10AM I met multitude there but didn't meet the officials. then i was informed that the officials didn't even show up the previous day even after waited till 5PM. D 3rd day i called to know if they had come but still no turn up. That was how I gave up on the exercise.
Re: INEC Voters Registration by Fash20: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Guy! That thing na correct bullshit .I went there by 6:30 am and I was given number 1366. I was like" what the hell! With only 3 computers you guys wanna reg. 2000+ ppl". Na so I leave the place chap chap.
Re: INEC Voters Registration by Taolyn4lif(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
I went to the registration area on the second day @ about 10AM I met multitude there but didn't meet the officials. then i was informed that the officials didn't even show up the previous day even after waited till 5PM. D 3rd day i called to know if they had come but still no turn up. That was how I gave up on the exercise.

There are two centres like that, in my area that has gone into extinction. The officials just stopped coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Voters Registration by akoaki(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sango ota in ogun state is probably worse. For five days i have tried from 6am till 4pm but still unregistered. I dont think inec will end the exercise just like this. If it does, more than 40% of ogun state electorates will be disenfranchised.

1 Like

Re: INEC Voters Registration by PapiDShipCapt(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Taolyn4lif:

There are two centres like that, in my area that has gone into extinction. The officials just stopped coming
In this country, important issues are not handled with seriousness. Also registration/issuance of this voters card should not be done under pressure; i mean @ the 11th hour.

What I would suggest INEC to have done is this: In all inec offices in each local govt across the federation, they should get @least 2 trained staffs on standby whose duty will be to register citizens then these voter's card should be produced in batches periodically say within 2 to 3 months interval and be ready for pickup at that time. If it is 30 people the would be attending to daily or even 20 there would be massive success recorded.

People will not have to bother much on how to create time out of tight schedule to go n stand in long queue just to beat deadline date to get registered.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Honourables, Jumping Gates And Fences Since 1962! / Raid On APC Building: DSS Alleges Centre Used To Clone permanent Voters Card / Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.