Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? (1129 Views)

Reuben Abati Caught Using Fake Pictures For GEJ Transformation Projects / I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) / GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by breadandtea(f): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
a tweet from Reno Omokri -

Reno Omokri @ renoomokri 25m
Who's noticed that corn is now available
all year long rather than just at corn
season? A dividend of the Jonathan admin
Dry-Season Farming!

7 Likes

Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Splashme: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
I just had a boiled corn on my way back from work today.

But seriously, it didn't even occur to me that we are in November and corn season had long past

7 Likes

Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by 2cato: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Splashme:
I just had a boiled corn on my way way back from work today.

But seriously, it didn't even occur to me that we are in November and corn season had long past
even the APC member is testifying to the uncommon transformation

7 Likes

Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by ayukdaboss(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
2cato:
even the APC member is testifying to the uncommon transformation
Uncommon transformation of boiled corn? grin I Don tire for wuna sef
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Iolo(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Uncommon transformation of boiled corn? grin I Don tire for wuna sef

it's not really about celebrating boiled corn but the fact that we are able to ensure that crops are preserved for much longer than before. in the days past I believe an agricultural minister once said about 60% of out output goes bad between the farmland and market.

what this means is the farmers are making m
ore as less goes bad, and we consu.ers can enjoy corn all year round.

3 Likes

Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by otokx(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Its Sugar cane and orange that is available.
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Metrofox(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Iolo:

it's not really about celebrating boiled corn but the fact that we are able to ensure that crops are preserved for much longer than before. in the days past I believe an agricultural minister once said about 60% of out output goes bad between the farmland and market.

what this means is the farmers are making m
ore as less goes bad, and we consu.ers can enjoy corn all year round.

There's no freeaking preservation bro, they only brought improved seedlings that can grow in the dry season.. No barns, no silos, no preservation of any sort...
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by 9jawear(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2014
HOPE IT AINT GMO FOODS ... THEY CELEBRATE THE SCIENCE OF ALL YEAR MAIZE .. BUT GMOS ARE A EUGENICS STRATEGY
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by freezy(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2014
Ever heard of the term: "Late Maize"? I knew it as far back as my primary school days (early 80s). IITA recommends planting such in mid-August in areas where rainfall is likely to be adequate. Granted that it takes about 3 months to harvest maize after planting, November seems a perfect time to harvest "Late Maize" without any special intervention. However, if this announcement comes in February or March, that may be attributed to an intervention or a working policy.

Cheers.
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Youngzedd(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2014
I can't find any corn here in Calabar.

The place you will always find corn even in December is Onitsha since 1960.
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Iolo(m): 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Metrofox:

There's no freeaking preservation bro, they only brought improved seedlings that can grow in the dry season.. No barns, no silos, no preservation of any sort...

No silos? No preservation of any sort?

On what basis are you making this assertion?

1 Like

Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Metrofox(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Iolo:

No silos? No preservation of any sort?

On what basis are you making this assertion?

Prove me wrong bro, I'll be glad
Re: Is Corn Now Available All Year Long? GEJ Transformation Policy? by Iolo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Metrofox:

Prove me wrong bro, I'll be glad

You made an assertion with no proof whatsoever and you want me to prove you wrong?

I honestly don't have to prove anything to you. If you wanted to be informed the least you could have done is to Google your source and then I'd respond in kind.

Sir, you may believe whatever you want.

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Know How Bullet Left My Ak 47, Dismissed Dpo Tell Court / Obanikoro Vows To Fight Malaria In Lagos If Elected / Photo: Nigerian Navy Acquires Newly Built War Ship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.