Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? (10515 Views)

Reuben Abati Caught Using Fake Pictures For GEJ Transformation Projects / I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) / Jonathan Presents The Transformation Agenda Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by OmoTier1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
Throughout the campaigns and even now I keep hearing about 'Mr President''s transformation agenda, especially on the lips of his new cabinet ministers. Then I asked myself, what exactly is it?

When I look at the current UK government for example, when they came onboard last May 2010, they made 'cuts' in immigration, welfare, and public debt thier agenda and just about anyone on the street knew quite well that was what they stood for.However, when I look at GEJ and His government, and his much trumpeted 'transformation agenda' I am left with questions of what exactly it is and sincerely, I wish anybody could expantiate more.
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by Gbawe: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Throughout the campaigns and even now I keep hearing about 'Mr President''s transformation agenda, especially on the lips of his new cabinet ministers. Then I asked myself, what exactly is it?

When I look at the current UK government for example, when they came onboard last May 2010, they made 'cuts' in immigration, welfare, and public debt thier agenda and just about anyone on the street knew quite well that was what they stood for.However, when I look at GEJ and His government, and his much trumpeted 'transformation agenda' I am left with questions of what exactly it is and sincerely, I wish anybody could expantiate more.

Nothing to "expantiate" upon. We all forget that , aside mouthing the words "change" and "transformation" to an unsophisticated and politically undemanding polity , GEJ remained entirely vague about what his agenda was. We all knew that Cameron had promised to "cut waste, labour profligacy, bloated inefficiency" and the cost of maintaining an "abused" benefit system.

GEJ , on the other hand , has only demonstrated everything that is cynical and opportunistic about politics. When asked by the PAC (Presidential advisory committee) to reduce the size of government , before the election , Jonathan pretended as if he did not hear them . After he won the election he immediately disbanded the PAC and announced that "leaner Government not possible" . What is anyone to make of that cynical action?

How about all the talk of privatization before the election only for GEJ to ask the NNPC to turn around our refineries within 24 months? Is that not grand deceit 101 from a man many expected would go on a consistent path of transparently privatizing everything that is failing to work efficiently because of the corrupt and incompetent involvement of the FG? He was trumpeted as "fresh air" and "transformation" yet all we are getting is foul-smelling stench that reeks of "more of the same".
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by Musiwa42: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
jonathan is more concern about himself and how he will  remain in power for 4 years. I am concern about my people.  i have not seen any change, the new cabinet. is worst. look, the best word to describe jonathan cabinet is "Society reject". they are mostly people rejected at the poll. here is it, the people of nigeria found something wrong in this people why they rejected the same people at the poll.

another thing, to be honest with you. jesus christ can not reform nigeria , as far as the Yoruba people are concern, we are just looking for how to get out of nigeria, that way our people will be safe. we dont want to deceive ourself. Nobody in this world can reform Nigeria. even Jesus christ can not reform nigeria. Nobody can. There is a need to break up Nigeria. to protect the life of the people.

There is no real opposition in Nigeria. not a single one of them is better than Jonathan too. All of them are corrupt like Jonathan government. because nigerian are corrupt, not only jonathan government. they will not do better than Jonathan. This is the honest truth. Everybody is only interested in sharing in the national cake. Not a single one of them, have the love of the people at heart. Not one.

The solution is to break up nigeria. To protect the life of nigerian. the opposition want power to steal. all of the opposition have been in power like jonathan too. and while they were they they all stole. all of them stole.   For me , it is not an ethnicity thing. But getting people to safety.

The opposition is only interested in power for themself. Look the CPC is only interested in power to return back to the north. while Tinubu want contract. as far as you give tinubu contract, he dance to what ever Jonathan says. That why Tinubu agent have been running his propaganda for Yoruba leader.

For me, it is about people safety i am concern about.  i want my people  safe. Nigeria will end up in civil war. Look nobody can reform Nigeria. Buhari can not reform nigeria too. it is impossible for buhari to do. Nobody cant.

We should be more concern on how to break up nigeria peaceful and make sure, nobody suffer. And that why I said. removing Edo,delta and Yoruba is the only solution.  anything apart from remove edo,delta and yoruba people, is not acceptable to us.

Look we are will to be a trust territory  for 6 month at least.

look at this map below jesus chist can resolve it without war

Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by OmoTier1(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2011
Perhaps, haven had a second thought, I felt mybe it might be worthwhile looking at the different sectors of the economy to try and decipher what GEJ's solution is to the mirage of problems that have bedeviled them.

1.POWER
Okay, last night I spent one full hour watching the documentary on power and the effort by the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP) and I was sadden to hear that despite the $$bn being spent, the Nation still can not achieve 20,000MW with all the NIPPs and IPP fully functional.
Meanwhile, Lagos alone is projected ( before the end of this administration) would require close to 22,000MW to achieve stable economy. So what really is the GEJ's solution or agenda in Power

2. HEALTH
I must confess that haven watched the Senateb screening of the now Minister for Health, I could not get my head around how on earth He got nominated again by GEJ 'cos He could not tell the nation of any 'master plan' by the administration (He has been part of for over a year) for an integrated health system.
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by PeeDaVinci: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2011
still wondering why pple voted for someone who can not articulate his programs for the country. as a contrast, check out buhari's manifesto again

Politics and Governance
On Politics and Governance:
CPC believes that our politics is broken. Our nation urgently needs fundamental political reform and improvement in governance to make it
more transparent and accountable. If you elect us in April, we will:
1. Initiate action to amend our Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties and responsibilities to states and local governments
in order to entrench Federalism and the Federal spirit;2. Strengthen INEC to reduce/eliminate electoral malpractices;
3. Attract the best and brightest into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics and
professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments and special nomination to
contest elective offices;4. Prevent abuse of executive, legislative and public offices through greater accountability, transparency and strict enforcement of anticorruption
laws whilst strengthening the EFCC and ICPC;
5. Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;6. Restructure government for a leaner, more efficient and adequately compensated public service;Require full disclosure in all media outlets of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at
regular intervals;
8. Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice along with the creation of special
courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;9. Enact the Freedom of Information Bill so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the public, and then published
on regular basis;10. Seek to amend the Constitution to require local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data and items of
spending over N10M.

Security and Conflict Resolution
On National Security and Defence, we will:
1. Urgently address capacity building of law enforcement agents in terms of quantity and quality as this is critical in safeguarding the
sanctity of lives and property;
2. Establish a well trained, adequately equipped and goals driven Serious Crime Squad to combat kidnapping, armed robbery, militants,
ethno‐religious and communal clashes nationwide;Begin widespread consultations to amend the Constitution to enable States and Local Governments to employ State and Community
Police to address the peculiar needs of each community. This would mean setting boundaries for Federal, State and Community Police
through new Criminal Justice legislation to replace the Criminal Code, the Penal Code and the Police Act.4. Push for more support in the security and economic stability of the sub‐region [ECOWAS] and AU as a whole and maintain a strong,
close and frank relationship with West Africa, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada, and other African countries.

On Conflict Resolution, National Unity and Social Harmony, we will:
1. Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity;2. Bring permanent peace and solution to the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia
in order to engender national unity and social harmony;
3. Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic
and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residenceThe Economy & Infrastructure Base
On the Economy, we will:
1. Maintain sound macro‐economic policy environment and run an efficient government and preserve the independence of the Central
Bank;
2. Restore financial confidence by putting in place a more robust monitoring, supervising and regulating of the financial institutions;
3. Make our economy one of the fastest growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10% annually;
4. Embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition scheme for graduates along with the creation of Small Business
Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 2 million new jobs by 2015;5. Integrate the informal economy into the mainstream and prioritize the full implementation of the National Identification Scheme to
generate the relevant data;
6. Expand domestic demand and consider undertaking associated public works programmes;
7. Embark on export and production diversification including investment in infrastructure; promote manufacturing e.g through agro based
industries and expand sub‐regional trade through ECOWAS and AU;
Make Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy;
9. Balance the economy across regions by the creation of 6 new Regional Economic Development Agencies (REDAs) to act as champions
of sub‐regional competitiveness;
10. Put in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo‐political region) to be managed by the REDAs, encourage
private sector enterprise and support to help places currently reliant on the public sector;
11. Amend the Constitution and the Land Use Act to create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with matching grants for states to
create a nationwide electronic land title register on a state by state basis;
12. Create additional middle‐class of at least 2 million new home owners by 2015 by enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at
single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses.On Infrastructure; we will:
1. Undertake an urgent review of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) enabling environment with a view to addressing the legal,
regulatory and operational challenges including introducing enabling legislation where necessary. In addition, we shall create a National
Infrastructural Development Bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates exclusively for this sector;
2. Generate, transmit and distribute from current 5,000 – 6,000 MW to at least 15,000 MW of electricity by 2015 and increasing to 50,000
MW by 2019 with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply by 2019 whilst simultaneously ensuring development of
sustainable/renewable energy.
3. Embark on a National Infrastructural Development Programme as a Public Private Partnership that will ensure the (a) construction of
3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks and (b) building of up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be
completed by 2015;4. Enact new legal and regulatory frameworks to establish independent regulation and incentives to accelerate public and private sector
investment in seaports, railways and inland waterways;
5. Embark on PPP schemes with a view to ensuring that at least one functioning airport is available in each of the 36 states.

On Healthcare, we will:
1. Prioritize the reduction of the infant mortality rate by 2015 to 3%; reduce maternal mortality by more than 70%; reduce HIV/AIDs
infection rate by 50% and other infectious diseases by 75%; improve life expectancy by additional 10 years on average through our
national healthy living program;
2. Increase the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000; increase national health expenditure per person per
annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently);
3. Increase the quality of all federal government owned hospitals to world class standard by 2015;4. Invest in cutting edge technology such as tele‐medicine in all major health centers in the country through active investment and
partnership programmes with the private sector;
5. Provide ante‐natal care for pregnant women; free health care for babies and children up to school going age and for the aged and free
treatment for those afflicted with infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS;6. Boost the local manufacture of pharmaceuticals and make non adulterated drugs readily available.

listen to fola adeola about his plans for the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIE9vZZlYpc&playnext=1&list=PL200F26A7036718EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXiHFDoALg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsRu2371kw

pathetic !!!
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by dustydee: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2011
Again the last election was won on sentiments and not ideology. Nigerians just are not tired yet of suffering and corruption, so good luck to them.
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by Bensonite: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Well it is difficult to expantiate on what the transformation agenda GEJ has for us. He keeps singing it like a slogan everywhere he goes but nothing to show for it. If he can stick to 20 SA approved by senate last week without increasing it to 57 SA then it is transformation. If only he can cut down unnecessary expenses and channel same to real sector then it is transformation. If only the refineries can be privitized and allowed to function on full capacity then we can see transformation on the offering. If only security issues are not generalised as been happening everywhere in the world and dealt with squarely then transformation is really coming to our door step. Any departure from the past that gives hope for tomorrow will be seen as transformation in the offering but none for now.
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by Gbawe: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2011
dustydee:

Again the last election was won on sentiments and not ideology. Nigerians just are not tired yet of suffering and corruption, so good luck to them.

Simple. For every problems Nigerians face they should just close their eyes and chant "Goodluck went to school without shoes. I too can do it". Let us see if the problem has gone away or actually worsened by the time they open their sentimental and gullible eyes.
Re: GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? by jibosqie(m): 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
It is actually the transformation of the few privileged bank accounts growing with multiple zeros, get the message

(1) (Reply)

Unreleased Photos From The Battle In Konduga (bloody Scene) Warning!! / PMB Recovers N769b From Asset And Fund Recovery Audit. / Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.