Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! (6552 Views)

Our Party Leaders Are Fraudulent, Shameful And Dishonest – Yakubu Dogara Group / Polls: Only Dishonest Politicians Need Fear Card Readers- The Sun Newspapers / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Bizibi(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
akoaki:
More than 95% of Nigerians are dishonest and corrupt. The remaining 5% are either hiding under one pretext or another or they are yet to attain the position to exhibit their criminal tendencies. Religious leaders , public officials and politicians come tops in the class.
including you......
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Abagworo(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
I am not corrupt.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by luvmijeje(f): 11:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Op, humans generally tends to be corrupt not just Nigerians.

By the time will start having good working structures whereby those who breaks the law are continuously being made example of, you will be shock by how incorruptibles Nigerians are.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by jazzydee: 4:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Abagworo:
I am not corrupt.

You are the most corrupt Nigerian i know on Nairaland, you tell lies unbehalf of gov okoroch, you claim he has built 125 schools in imo, you claim he has built the prince and princess hotels, you claim he has built roads roads in orlu etc, a mere search of of your username will reveal all the lies an deception in nairaland. stop lying you corrupt and dishonest man.

anyone that knows imo state knows that the imo you talk about on nairaland is different from the imo state on ground

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Horus(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
thomasthomas:
Yes a lot of Nigerians are corrupt and dishonest. Nigerians always scream about the fact that the leaders are corrupt but it takes a corrupt follower to become a corrupt leader. Honesty is a word that has found no place in the dictionary of a typical Nigerian.

A critical look at various topics on Nairaland talking about critical issues such as corruption, mismanagement, wasteful spending always end up in PDP vs APC achievement, Akpabio vs Fashola, GEJ vs APC etc. Supporters even go further to abuse the op for raising the topic even at times the topic is culled from a newspaper with a link. Most of these topics always ends up in PDP vs APC abusing each other. Also any topic raised about misgovernance is seen to be an APC or PDP topic. For example, if the issue is about say Akpabio, a lot of his ethnic and state people, even PDP members will rush to support whatever he did and to castigate the others for raising the point and they are quick to remind them that it is not their state.

If we continue like this, how do we hold our leaders accountable? Yes the state in question might not be yours but we have to be interested and honest about leadership in Nigeria. A lot of people in Lagos are not from Lagos, so should they keep quiet and watch misgovernance since it is not their state? Some in Lagos visit their own state once in a year, so which state will they be more interested in and how things are done?

Because of this divisive and dishonest thinking, Nigerian leaders have continued to use it to their advantage and it is working for them very well. When an issue of corruption or misgovernance is raised please let's discuss within the context. The leaders are accountable to us.

Let's be honest with ourselves and stop supporting any corrupt act whether the person in question is a member of our party, religion, region or ethnic group.

Be honest because you have a conscience and know what is right and wrong!

- thomasthomas

The Government in Nigeria is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people in Nigeria. In some instances, leaders who came to power as the champions of anti-corruption have themselves been charged with being involved with levels of corruption even more serious than those of their predecessors. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Law, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of government. If on the other hand the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then the government will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people in Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in government, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by iluvnaija: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
WELCOME TO NIGERIA:
®Where sex is free and love is costly.

®Where loosing a phone is more painful than loosing VIRGINITY

®Where, if u don't cheat on your partner, u are not sharp and smart.

®Where Bathrooms has become photo STUDIO

®Where getting a GALAXY phone is greater than achieving a DEGREE

®Where yahoo boys have brighter future than graduates

®Where temples are turned into dating point

®Where worshiping God in truth & spirit is difficult.

®Where lies are turned into realities

®Where ladies fear Pregnancy than HIV

®Where pizza delivery is faster than emergency response

®Where people fear thieves, robbers & Boko Haram than God

®Where people go to church with BB chargers rather than Bible.

®Where guys are scared of getting married but love to have sex

®Where we have highest number of musician due to unemployment.

®Where the higher your offense the lower ur punishment and vice versa

®Where the number of churches & mosque are more than the worshippers

®Where we say Up NEPA more than we say Praise THE LORD

®Where a school drop-out politician is Ten times richer and more respected than a professor

®where someone who cannot speak English but can say Chai, Chai Dia is God o! is given honorary Doctorate degrees...

WHAT A COUNTRY!

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by JEITO: 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
Very correct! Though I thought you'll come from the angle that majority of Nigerians don't pay tax/govt revenue, destroy or misuse public properties, cheat in almost all areas of life, ethnically biased, lack respect for rule of law, dump refuse indiscriminately, directly/indirectly frustrate the effort of the govt of the day through actions and inactions etc.

What we need is an attitudinal change and not necessarily a change of political party.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by nationwide24: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
I don't see how the content of the thread matches with the title. Anyway, the problem is majorly from the Umbrella Camp. They have been propagating falsehood against the opposition and in favor of their Lords and masters in Wadatta Plazza, Aso Rock and their respective government houses. Whenever we bring the truth to the fore, they see it as an affront and rather than address issue, they result to insult. I am one of the people that insist that celebrating a Man like Akpabio variably means celebrating mediocrity. Akwa Ibomites are living in penury despite their huge allocation monthly. Instead of growth, infrastructure, economic improvement, job creation etc, we see few but expensive roads in capital city, stadium that has no impact on their economy and was opened with N1 billion, increased government spending to run its affairs, father christmas government dishing money to celebrities etc. Their young people are PA to another PA to another PA to another PA to a councillor, young girls are washing plates and doing the job of a househelp. Anyway, they seem happy with Akpabio, I wish them well.
Talking about insults, if there's any group of people that insult like APC members, that group must come from a different planet. Sometimes I've been forced to think insult is genetic on all APC members. Can you mention any state in Nigeria that there's no poverty? I don't speak for politicians because they don't care about me but only speak up to correct wrong impressions. From your point of view, Akpabio has not done anything good. Is it not what the op is preaching against?
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by chamboy(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2014
menabadoo:
Fact, someone will soon come here and tell us Buhari is incorruptible.
if I hear his incorruptible buh with his records of War against Indiscipline n Corruption, with Comments from so-called leaders. Then him clinching it with Aunty Oby as VP.
I would vote for DEM
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by dein77(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2014
I have known this fact for years.

It takes a corrupt group of masses to continue to tolerate a microscopic group of thieves.

Corrupt leaders can only rule over corrupt followers.

Having corrupt followers is problem bigger than having corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by jude33084(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
Stale news hehehe cheesy
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by jude33084(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
iluvnaija:
WELCOME TO NIGERIA:
®Where sex is free and love is costly.

®Where loosing a phone is more painful than loosing VIRGINITY

®Where, if u don't cheat on your partner, u are not sharp and smart.

®Where Bathrooms has become photo STUDIO

®Where getting a GALAXY phone is greater than achieving a DEGREE

®Where yahoo boys have brighter future than graduates

®Where temples are turned into dating point

®Where worshiping God in truth & spirit is difficult.

®Where lies are turned into realities

®Where ladies fear Pregnancy than HIV

®Where pizza delivery is faster than emergency response

®Where people fear thieves, robbers & Boko Haram than God

®Where people go to church with BB chargers rather than Bible.

®Where guys are scared of getting married but love to have sex

®Where we have highest number of musician due to unemployment.

®Where the higher your offense the lower ur punishment and vice versa

®Where the number of churches & mosque are more than the worshippers

®Where we say Up NEPA more than we say Praise THE LORD

®Where a school drop-out politician is Ten times richer and more respected than a professor

®where someone who cannot speak English but can say Chai, Chai Dia is God o! is given honorary Doctorate degrees...

WHAT A COUNTRY!

I just rigged the process now, you have 100 likes from me cool
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by 9jii(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
I witnessed it everyday and always wonder how come we never taken it as a serious problem.
It's the genesis of all our problems. My view

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by onatisi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
I don't see how the content of the thread matches with the title..
I said the same thing too ,but it seems the op feels differently about it .
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yes a corrupt and dishonest people with just two pages and not making the front page I'm forced to conclude.

Cheers
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by ayokellany: 1:39am On Nov 22, 2014
Only a thief would be struggling to label others thief since we all know Jonathan Ebele declared that stealing is not corruption. His wife had been caught stealing and laundering billion of dollars twice at the Muritala Mohammed airport. Please to all Christian support the Otueke clown which one of stealing or corruption was prescribe as a profession by Jess Christ in the Holy bible ? http://www.theparadigmng.com/?p=21497#

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2014
9jii:
I witnessed it everyday and always wonder how come we never taken it as a serious problem.
It's the genesis of all our problems. My view
You are right bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Biafrans Bury Ojukwu With Nigerian Flag / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With Elders Of Ijaw Youths Council In Port Harcourt (photos) / Gbajabiamila Proposes Extra-budget To End Zamfara Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.