Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate (5630 Views)

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Was it because of me you removed your signature...??

LOL grin...

Why should it be because of you?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

What makes you think he does not have his reasons?

No other reason(s) than he knows nothing about islam, cus if he do, he wouldnt be thinking that muslims didnt believe in the existence of jesus, is'nt it?

The best you could have done would have been to question him

No need to question him, because it is obvious he knows nothing about islam

as to why he'd arrive at such conclusion...
He didnt come into conclusion rather it has been his believe

Rather than assume he does not know anythin'...
Yes, he knows nothing about islam
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

LOL grin...

Why should it ve because of you?

Maybe...I've been makin' your life a livin' hell....

Just Sayin'....
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by malvisguy212: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
yazach:
I came across this verse of the bible explaining how Jesus prayed and found out that it is totally different from the way so called Christ followers(Christians) do pray to God. Now let us examine the verse and use the following picture to explain it

Matthew 26:38: And Jesus fell on His face and prayed
The question is: If you look at these, which one is more accurate
jesus teach us how to pray "the lord prayer" during the pre-islamic era, the pagan bow there head and pray, are we to called the pagan muslims?
When allah reveal the satanic verse, muhammad prostrate with the pagan.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Maybe...I've been makin' your life a livin' hell....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LMAO...you of all people, LWKMD grin grin grin.

Well which of my sig are you talking about, will update profile now to show you have no impact whatsoever in my actions here undecided undecided

Meanwhile, continue stalking me, you are a great comedian grin grin, no woNder you are more active in the joke section grin grin LMAO

Just Sayin'....
Joke is it that you are saying grin grin LOL
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

No other reason(s) than he knows nothing about islam, cus if he do, he wouldnt be thinking that muslims didnt believe in the existence of jesus, is'nt it?

Here we are again' beatin' 'bout the bush... Statements like tis' makes me wonder if you read my previous post....

No needto question him, because it is obvious he knows nothing about islam

Obvious on what grounds...? What premise are you basin' tis' argument upon other than yours?

He didnt come into conclusion rather it has been his believe

Wow you never told me you had telepathy...cuz I don't know how else you could have read his mind to know what he believes in...

Yes, he knows nothing about islam

Do the Insurgents blowin' things up know anythin' 'bout islam..??
Anyone that does not dance to the tune of your music..dont know anythin' innit..??
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LMAO...you of all people, LWKMD grin grin grin.

Well which of my sig are you talking about, will update profile now to show you have no impact whatsoever in my actions here undecided undecided
Thank God.. It was in my plans all along to make sure you update a new sig... If you dont update a new sig, that 'lld make you a liar.. Hope you know tis'...

Meanwhile, continue stalking me, you are a great comedian grin grin, no woNder you are more active in the joke section grin grin LMAO
Joke is it that you are saying grin grin LOL

@Bolded.. Wow.. Even I never knew I was more active in the Jokes section.. Remind me again who is stalkin' who...?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by malvisguy212: 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
Surah 73:1-2: “O you wrapped in garments (i.e. Prophet Muhammad)! STAND (to pray) all night, except a little.” (Hilali- Khan)
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Here we are again' beatin' 'bout the bush... Statements like tis' makes me wonder if you read my previous post....
Obvious on what grounds...? What premise are you basin' tis' argument upon other than yours?

Okay, what other reason(s) do you think makes him come into the conclusion that muslims don't believe in the existence of jesus

Wow you never told me you had telepathy...cuz I don't know how else you could have read his mind to know what he believes in...

His comments are enough to deduce his believes

Do the Insurgents blowin' things up know anythin' 'bout islam..?? Anyone that does not dance to the tune of your music..dont know anythin' innit..??

No
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Thank God.. It was in my plans all along to make sure you update a new sig... If you dont update a new sig, that 'lld make you a liar.. Hope you know tis'...

A liar? grin grin grin you are the liar here sir, your claim was that you making my life going through hell that was why i changed my sig....ol boy show us your telepathy tongue tongue grin

@Bolded.. Wow.. Even I never knew I was more active in the Jokes section.. Remind me again who is stalkin' who...?

I only check the profile of the person stalking me, no other other things, but my stalker is busy looking out for my moniker, check when last i came online and when last comment, busy checking my signature for errors, for the size of font i use. dayyummmmn stalker you are grin grin
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by ypeace: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
PrettyGaby:

yes, Jesus is a God. The child of a human is human. So also, the child f God is a god. The book of psalm says, "ye are gods...." thus, being joint heirs with Christ, a christian is also a god. To make it simpler, That a child is of the same specie with his father doesn't mean they get to rub shoulders.

that means a father is still a father any day anytime. Because one is a son of his father doesnt make him his father......... But if we are all Gods, why then do a God have to bow down to another God?..... What i can understand so far is.... God the father = God the son = everybody(from ye are gods) ...... Is that what you mean? If no, I would like to see another dimension to it.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Okay, what other reason(s) do you think makes him come into the conclusion that muslims don't believe in the existence of jesus

Do I have to state tis' again...?? You love repetitions don't you...??

His comments are enough to deduce his believes

Is it all the comments he's made in the religious section you're refferin' to..or to just that one comment he made..which specifically..??

No

I'll give you another chance to answer tis'...
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by ypeace: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
briantext:

Jesus is the only begotten son of God(Our hravenly father)
Jesus prayed to his father(God) while he was on earth and told us do do the same in his name
cool..... Then the best way to pray as a christian would be the way Jesus has taught us.... Us, i mean those who claim to follow him. But Jesus didnt DO or TEACH almost everything christians do. That is what i think the op is trying to say. Also the way Jesus has done and taught the prayer is not what the christians are doing. But you can clear all this simple by giving us proofs that singing, dancing, shouting in prayers are what Jesus taught wc infact contradicts what i know Jesus taught. But then I would like to see it from your angle too.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Do I have to state tis' again...?? You love repetitions don't you...??
Is it all the comments he's made in the religious section you're refferin' to..or to just that one comment he made..which specifically..??
I'll give you another chance to answer tis'...

You are a total waste of time, pugnacious scoffer that it is.

Bye.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by briantext(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
ypeace:
cool..... Then the best way to pray as a christian would be the way Jesus has taught us.... Us, i mean those who claim to follow him. But Jesus didnt DO or TEACH almost everything christians do. That is what i think the op is trying to say. Also the way Jesus has done and taught the prayer is not what the christians are doing. But you can clear all this simple by giving us proofs that singing, dancing, shouting in prayers are what Jesus taught wc infact contradicts what i know Jesus taught. But then I would like to see it from your angle too.
I'm a Mormon and we don't practice what other churches do, so i can't answer questions about other denominations..
Mormons follow strictly to Jesus teaching and not the world's
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

A liar? grin grin grin you are the liar here sir, your claim was that you making my life going through hell that was why i changed my sig....ol boy show us your telepathy tongue tongue grin

I never in anyway made a claim..my statement was probable... Why the falsification? And exactly where did I state that I was a telepath..??

I only check the profile of the person stalking me, no other other things, but my stalker is busy looking out for my moniker, check when last i came online and when last comment, busy checking my signature for errors, for the size of font i use. dayyummmmn stalker you are grin grin

Your level of exaggeration and spuriousness intrigues me to no end... Your sig is open even to guests and easy to spot errors at... How hard can it be to listen to correction 'bout a line in your code that broke.. See..
On the other hand, I've not opened your Profile to check the lies you listed above..but you did mine..
So who's stalkin' who....??
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You are a total waste of time, pugnacious scoffer that it is.

Bye.

We all know you stole the bolded from sukkot.. At least give credit a little...

And I knew you'd run back to your little hole...
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by ypeace: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
briantext:

I'm a Mormon and we don't practice what other churches do, so i can't answer questions about other denominations..
Mormons follow strictly to Jesus teaching and not the world's
sorry for assuming. This is the first time i would hear Mormon. Can you open a thrend about that or give me a website or other credible source where i can know about mormon?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by briantext(m): 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
ypeace:

sorry for assuming. This is the first time i would hear Mormon. Can you open a thrend about that or give me a website or other credible source where i can know about mormon?
Www.Mormon.Org
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
mohsaaf:
They deviate from d teaching of Jesus( AS) and yet they claim that he ll save them.
May Allah guide us all.
you guys fail to understand that we don't even worship the same GOD with you guys. We worship JEHOVAH, YAHWEH, EL-SHADDAI and ADONAI. You guys worship allah. So you see, you can't correct us because our ways are not like your ways. Let me not go deep for "peace" sake. smiley anyway, we lift our voices unto our GOD and not our asses grin

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Seun!!!!!!!! Create a "Christian" section please. How can I come to the religion section to fill myself only to find disguting threads against my belief? They have islamic section please let them go there and even castigate christianity who cares? I don't even go there again. But here? Its the height of it honestly. I know northerners(islamists) and how they behave. Na wayo wayo dem go de take dey insult person religion like they are doing here abi?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by fishleg123: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
every time I see a Muslim trying to use Bible to attack a Christian. make me believe that Muslims don't have peace. within them.. they keep searching the Scripture , d bible, to justify Islam.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by fishleg123: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
if u believe that Jesus fell to his face to pray d same Muslim pray today, then do u believe also that God is his father(our father ) because that was what he said after he fell to his face.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

We all know you stole the bolded from sukkot.. At least give credit a little...

And I knew you'd run back to your little hole...

What hole?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2014
malvisguy212:
jesus teach us how to pray "the lord prayer" during the pre-islamic era, the pagan bow there head and pray, are we to called the pagan muslims?
When allah reveal the satanic verse, muhammad prostrate with the pagan.

Did you mean what you are saying or you just want to display your ignorant

What will you call Mose, Abrahm, Ezra etc because they worship the same way we muslim worship

Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him(Genesis
17:3 )

Then Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the
assembly to the entrance of the tent of meeting and fell on
their faces. And the glory of the LORD appeared to them,
(Numbers 20:6 )

Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell to the earth on his face
before the ark of the LORD (Joshua 7:6 ).

When all the people of Israel saw the fire come down and the
glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed down with their
faces to the ground (2 chronicles 7:3 )

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God, and all the people
answered,(A) “Amen, Amen,”(B) lifting up their hands.(C)
And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD
with
their faces to the ground.(Nehemiah 8:6 )
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by ypeace: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
fishleg123:
if u believe that Jesus fell to his face to pray d same Muslim pray today, then do u believe also that God is his father(our father ) because that was what he said after he fell to his face.
no muslims dont believe that because they dont believe he actually said that. Can you kindly proof he actually said that? For example nonchristian would say leviticus 11:3 is scientifically wrong..... Yes looking at those words literally in english. But if we go to the original word *alah* which was translated as cheweth the cud. Now do yourself and probably a little good by finding the truth about Jesus saying those words that God is his Father in the concept of biological father in english.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Prophecies By Dr Chris Okafor Of Mountain Of Liberation Ministries / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo (KICC) Richer Than Arch-bishop Of Canterbury Uk / Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.