Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate (5642 Views)

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 10:01am On Nov 19, 2014
I came across this verse of the bible explaining how Jesus prayed and found out that it is totally different from the way so called Christ followers(Christians) do pray to God. Now let us examine the verse and use the following picture to explain it

Matthew 26:38: And Jesus fell on His face and prayed
The question is: If you look at these, which one is more accurate

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2014
WAS IT ONLY ONCE JESUS PRAYED? HE FELL ON HIS FACE DOES IT MEAN HITTING HIS HEAD ON GROUND LIKE YOU PEOPLE? HE THOUGHT HIS DISCIPLES HOW TO PRAY HE DIDNT TELL THEM TO HIT THEIR HEAD ON THE GROUND?

BROS HOLD YOUR OWN MAKE WE HOLD OUR OWN.THIS SUBLIMINAL QUESTION WILL NOT HELP YOU. MAY BE U CAN TRY AND JOIN BH TO CONVERT PEOPLE.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2014
I guess u r moslem

Fell face down and bowing down na the samething baa

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2014
excellence44:
WAS IT ONLY ONCE JESUS PRAYED? HE FELL ON HIS FACE DOES IT MEAN HITTING HIS HEAD ON GROUND LIKE YOU PEOPLE? HE THOUGHT HIS DISCIPLES HOW TO PRAY HE DIDNT TELL THEM TO HIT THEIR HEAD ON THE GROUND?

BROS HOLD YOUR OWN MAKE WE HOLD OUR OWN.THIS SUBLIMINAL QUESTION WILL NOT HELP YOU. [s]MAY BE U CAN TRY AND JOIN BH TO CONVERT PEOPLE. [/s]

Can you please explain how he fell on his face, using picture will be preferable

Don't forget, he fell on his face to pray, how is it similar to the way Christians pray or they are anti-christ?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Weah96: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

Can you please explain how he fell on his face, using picture will be preferable

Don't forget, he fell on his face to pray, how is it similar to the way Christians pray or they are anti-christ?

Jesus also wore a SEAMLESS gown during prayers. Where is yours?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
Weah96:

Irrelevant
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Weah96:

Irrelevant of the highest order
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

ignored..........................
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
excellence44:

ignored..........................
buhahahahaahaahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ignored or Formula dodge it
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Omexonomy: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

buhahahahaahaahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ignored or Formula dodge it
clown. For ur mind you win. What is the differenc betwix fell face down and bow down
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by LordReed(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:
I came across this verse of the bible explaining how Jesus prayed and found out that it is totally different from the way so called Christ followers(Christians) do pray to God. Now let us examine the verse and use the following picture to explain it

Matthew 26:38: And Jesus fell on His face and prayed
The question is: If you look at these, which one is more accurate

John 11:41
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. (KJV)
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
LordReed:

John 11:41
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. (KJV)
what is this one saying. undecided undecided can't you differentiate between the two verse?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by LordReed(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

what is this one saying. undecided undecided can't you differentiate between the two verse?

I quoted to you a verse to show you how Jesus prayed. What differentiation should I be looking for?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
LordReed:

I quoted to you a verse to show you how Jesus prayed. What differentiation should I be looking for?
I think this is what you quoted

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

Don't you think this is thanks given after prayer has been answered

He prayed while prostrating and give thanks while lifting up eyes

But you need to understand and address my post directly

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

I think this is what you quoted

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

Don't you think this is thanks given after prayer has been answered

He prayed while prostrating and give thanks while lifting up eyes

But you need to understand and address my post directly

I am addressing your post directly by showing you that Jesus prayed in different physical positions. When He taught the disciples the Lord's prayer He didn't tell them to bow or kneel. When He told them to pray in secret He didn't tell them to bow or kneel. When He prayed on the cross He could neither bow or kneel so to come up with one verse and say it was how Jesus prayed is not enough. In all the places the bible records Jesus as praying only in Gethsemene did He fall to the ground and that was because of His anguish.

Here is another place with Jesus praying:

John 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(KJV)

Jesus prayed on mountains and in the plains. We don't need one specific place or posture to pray.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
LordReed:

I am addressing your post directly by showing you that Jesus prayed in different physical positions. When He taught the disciples the Lord's prayer He didn't tell them to bow or kneel. When He told them to pray in secret He didn't tell them to bow or kneel. When He prayed on the cross He could neither bow or kneel so to come up with one verse and say it was how Jesus prayed is not enough. In all the places the bible records Jesus as praying only in Gethsemene did He fall to the ground and that was because of His anguish.

Here is another place with Jesus praying:

John 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(KJV)

Jesus prayed on mountains and in the plains. We don't need one specific place or posture to pray.

Honestly, your post always show how antagonist Christians are to Christ

Jesus: Pray with face on the ground
Christian: Never it is the way of Muslims

Jesus: Pray with his eyes to heaven
Christians: No must close your eyes

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by LordReed(m): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

Honestly, your post always show how antagonist Christians are to Christ

Jesus: Pray with face on the ground
Christian: Never it is the way of Muslims

Jesus: Pray with his eyes to heaven
Christians: No must close your eyes

Muslims have a history/tradition of following the doings of Mohammed as enshrined in the hadith, christians do not have it. You cannot you use Muslim practice to judge Christians.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by yazach: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
LordReed:

Muslims have a history/tradition of following the doings of Mohammed as enshrined in the hadith, christians do not have it. You cannot you use Muslim practice to judge Christians.

I understand you better since you people don't have an authentic recorded ways of Jesus, you can do as you like abi? I rest my case
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by LordReed(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
yazach:

I understand you better since you people don't have an authentic recorded ways of Jesus, you can do as you like abi? I rest my case

Why did you cross out hadith? Is that not where the doings of Mohammed were recorded?
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Abdulsalam20(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
bro yazach and rilwayne001 kudos to you
i have missed a lot on nl just busy this days
those guys dont want to listen to the truth

if the bible is read from a-z and the most of praying of prophets is scrutinized they pray as muslim prays but its a pity christians believe they are worshiping god but indirectly they are only praising god and even the way they praise god is idolatory i.e giving the attribuite of god to jesus a prophet an ideology bought by paul the most funniest about christians is that anything muslims are oing they wont do it even though it is ccommanded in their boo eg
1.bible forbid interest but when we try to bring up islamic banking with interest free loan it was opposed by them
2 the issue of hijaab it was ommanded but muslms who follow the way of god and demand or it in lag christian oppose it
3.MODE OF PRAYING WAS OPPOSED BY CHRISTIANN EVEN THOUGH JESUS PRAYED TE WAY MUSLIM PRAYS
4.POLYGAMY IS PERMITTED BUT THEIR WESTERNISATION DECEIVE THEM

back to the topic all prophet in the bible pray as muslim pray

here is my proof

Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him(Genesis
17:3 )

Then Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the
assembly to the entrance of the tent of meeting and fell on
their faces. And the glory of the LORD appeared to them,
(Numbers 20:6 )

Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell to the earth on his face
before the ark of the LORD (Joshua 7:6 ).

When all the people of Israel saw the fire come down and the
glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed down with their
faces to the ground (2 chronicles 7:3 )

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God, and all the people
answered,(A) “Amen, Amen,”(B) lifting up their hands.(C)
And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD
with
their faces to the ground.(Nehemiah 8:6 )

concerning jesus ** Jesus praying to God

”And going a little farther he fell on his face and
prayed”( Matthew 26:39 )
** Even Jesus’ disciples submitted as Muslims
When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and
were terrified”( Matthew 17:6 )

And Elijah went up to the top of Mount Carmel, And he bowed
himself down on the earth and put his face between his
knees.(1 kings 18: 42 )

And all the angels were standing around the throne and
around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell
on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
(Revelations 7:11 )

Oh come, let us worship and bow down
let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! (Psalm 95:6 )
All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust( Psalm
22:29 )

Now Manoah and his wife were watching, and they fell on
their faces to the ground. (Judges 13:20 )
And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and
said, “The LORD, he is God; the LORD, he is God.”( 1 kings
18:39 )

David rose from beside the stone heap and fell on his face to
the ground( 1 Samuel 20: 41 )
And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped
(Joshua 5:14 )

When Abraham’s servant heard their words, he bowed
himself to the earth before the LORD.(Genesis 24:52 )
Islam in Bible ••••►Bowing and Prostrating on the Ground
• Jesus (Pbuh)

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed,
saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from
me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt.]. (Matthew
26:39)

• Moses (Pbuh)
And Moses bowed to the ground and worshiped. (Exodus
34:cool
• Moses and Aaron (Pbut) :
Then Moses and Aaron went away from the assembly to the
entrance of the tent of meeting and fell on their faces…
(Numbers 20:6)
• Abraham (Pbuh)
Then Abram fell on his face. (Genesis 17:3)
• Abraham’s servant :
When Abraham’s servant heard their words, he bowed
himself to the ground before the Lord. (Genesis 24:52)
• Joshua (Pbuh) :
And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped
(Joshua 5:14).
• Ezra and the people :
Then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with
their faces to the ground. (Nehemiah 8:6)

[b]and jersus says in in Luke
6:40:
Let us look at Luke 6:40 from my N.I.V. Bible "A student is
not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will
be like his teacher." are you christians like your teacher jesus prophesise the coming of muhammad[saw]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by mohsaaf: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
They deviate from d teaching of Jesus( AS) and yet they claim that he ll save them.
May Allah guide us all.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by PrettyGaby(f): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
So what? You guys are more christian than the christians? Or you understand their beliefs more than they do? Face your own, let them face their own... Religious doesn't mean spiritual. Prayer is much more than closing or opening eyes, falling flat on your face or rolling or bowing... It's more about the praying soul than the posture. Christ only gave his followers one clear instruction on how to pray; " our Father whom art in heaven..." he said nothing about posture.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by ypeace: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
PrettyGaby:
So what? You guys are more christian than the christians? Or you understand their beliefs more than they do? Face your own, let them face their own... Religious doesn't mean spiritual. Prayer is much more than closing or opening eyes, falling flat on your face or rolling or bowing... It's more about the praying soul than the posture. Christ only gave his followers one clear instruction on how to pray; " our Father whom art in heaven..." he said nothing about posture.

only one clear instruction on how to pray...... Even that instruction has some commas in the bibe....... In that, the prayer in luke is slightly different from that which is in matthew. How sure are we that both even recorded the whole even correctly? Plus.... Do you believe Jesus is God? If Yes why does God has to pray to a God? Does God the father also pray to Jesus? Please you can mail me the answers if you think it will derail the thrend
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by briantext(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
ypeace:

only one clear instruction on how to pray...... Even that instruction has some commas in the bibe....... In that, the prayer in luke is slightly different from that which is in matthew. How sure are we that both even recorded the whole even correctly? Plus.... Do you believe Jesus is God? If Yes why does God has to pray to a God? Does God the father also pray to Jesus? Please you can mail me the answers if you think it will derail the thrend
Jesus is the only begotten son of God(Our hravenly father)
Jesus prayed to his father(God) while he was on earth and told us do do the same in his name
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by PrettyGaby(f): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
ypeace:

yes, Jesus is a God. The child of a human is human. So also, the child f God is a god. The book of psalm says, "ye are gods...." thus, being joint heirs with Christ, a christian is also a god. To make it simpler, That a child is of the same specie with his father doesn't mean they get to rub shoulders.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by shigoslim(m): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Before Muslim dnt believe in Jesus Christ neither the they believe his existence. But to God be the glory their heart were tasty for Christ, i pray may u find him and began to testify him.
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
shigoslim:
Before Muslim dnt believe in Jesus Christ neither the they believe his existence. But to God be the glory their heart were tasty for Christ, i pray may u find him and began to testify him.

LOL! grin grin

You know nothing
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

LOL! grin grin

You know nothing

Oh! And you're the all knowin' right?
We await the other part where you and your partner in crime Abdulsalam 'lld go copy and paste commentaries here... Mildly waitin'.. Even though your friend has already started...
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Oh! And you're the all knowin' right?
Nope...you should understand that that chief knows nothing about islam, that was why he said " Before Muslim dnt believe in Jesus Christ neither the they believe his existence" , is'nt it? undecided undecided

[s] We await the other part where you and your partner in crime Abdulsalam 'lld go copy and paste commentaries here... Mildly waitin'.. Even though your friend has already started.. [/s] .

And you should continue stalking me up and down this section grin grin okay? even though you scared to engage in a debate with me tongue tongue, i don't have time for yo guys right now undecided
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Nope...you should understand that that chief knows
nothing about islam, that was why he said " Before Muslim dnt believe in Jesus Christ neither the they
believe his existence" , is'nt it? undecided

What makes you think he does not have his reasons? The best you could have done would have been to question him as to why he'd arrive at such conclusion... Rather than assume he does not know anythin'...

And you should continue stalking me up and down this section grin grin okay? even though you scared to engage in a debate with me tongue tongue , i don't have time for yo guys right now :-

@bolded ooh! I'm scared *Shakin' in me boots....* mstcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by Rilwayne001: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

@bolded ooh! I'm scared *Shakin' in me boots....* mstcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww

continue stalking me grin grin
Re: Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rilwayne001:

continue stalking me grin grin

However you put it...

One question for you.. Was it because of me you removed your signature...??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guy Walks On Water / Women Were Not Created By God For Men - Seun Kuti / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.