Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? (3610 Views)

Ladies, 5 Habits You Must Stop If You're Ready To Settle Down For Marriage / How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) / At What Age Did You Start Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by vexxy(f): 2:05am On Sep 27, 2005
Some feel that they are ready to date after reaching a certain age, maturity level, status, or to a certain height in education.

What will help you determine whether you are ready to start dating?
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by hotangel2(f): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2005
When you find someone that you feel is someone you can date. It's just like a clicky.. you just get attracted, and you feel, Okay... I can date him/her. We seem to attract. And also when your parents allow you to date.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by angelak(f): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2005
a person is ready to date when he/she starts to date. undecided
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by vexxy(f): 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2005
I have a friend who is unwilling to date, or to even look until he moves out of his parent's place and has a job with a steady income.

Would that be a factor that you look to before you start to date? Or are guys and girls different in this way?
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Greatpeter(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2005
One starts dating when he/she is ready for marriage.
Dating is for those that are ready to go to the alter in no distant time.
It is for the matured people not for kids.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Latoya(f): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2005
u date when u r ready its necessarily not when u want to get married,date and court at the same time,it helps a lot.Dating doesnt have to be with money and material things.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2005
Sir G. P.

Dating differs with the gender of the person.

For guys, I'll agree with you, but for female, they should date in time so as not to fall into problems; "you will understand".  I know of girl who refused dating any  man atleast on a courtship purpose till she was finally in her law school. This girl could not get one when she graduated from her Law school. Men seeing this beautiful brillant girl felt she was engaged and those that could find out that she wasn't thought of the girl's family background or her individual life that scared guys from nearing her. This girl now is in advertisement, doesn't mind marrying a truck-pusher or person from any tribe, just to get married.

Babes, be wise.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by vexxy(f): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2005
Some feel that you are ready to date when you are mature enough to do the following:

1. Know 3, 5 or 10 best things about yourself that you, friends or family really admire and be prepared to talk about it.

2. Know what you'd like to gain from a date or new relationship and are you ready for it today.

3. Communicate - can you talk about what interests you and listen to what interests others.

4. Over X's easy - you're not sulking, pissed-off, speaking hateful or about to cry when something about an X comes up.

5. Emotionally comfortable or secure with yourself - your date may ask you questions or say unflattering words.

What do you think about this?
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2005
Try to know when one is trying to learn you. Those words might just be to learn you, know your temperament.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by obinnaoji(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2005
why dont u guys just give ur life to xrist. our days r numbered here on earth 4 real. just ponder. wink
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Missworld(f): 12:12am On Oct 06, 2005
I'm not ready! tongue
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by salako: 1:32am On Oct 15, 2005
your ready to start dating when you become picky about the opposite sex
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2005
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Greatpeter(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2005
You will know when you have all it takes to sustain a relationship.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2005
I disagree because I have not got all it takes to sustain a relationship
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by vexxy(f): 3:31am On Oct 16, 2005
what do you think it takes?
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Greatpeter(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2005
drbigdaddyg:

I disagree because I have not got all it takes to sustain a relationship

Then don't go dating.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2005
@G.P. I am already dating.

@ vexy. it is inevitable my dear.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Greatpeter(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2005
If you're already dating then back out. grin
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Rolly: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2006
i think when u feel u can handle the pros and cons of a relationhsip cheesy
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by dremoney(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2007
psychologically,
one wuld know if he/she is ready.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by hotchic1(f): 7:10pm On May 02, 2007
There are some stages you should attain,age wise i think 16 17 is whats reigning in Nigeria now but its got a lot do with maturity,a 17 old gal may be more matured and more intelligent than a 19year old gurl,but if you find the right partner,you just fall but thats definitely not by relying on looks and dressing because thats whats most young ladies do.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by dremoney(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2007
hot chic:

There are some stages you should attain,age wise i think 16 17 is whats reigning in Nigeria now but its got a lot do with maturity,a 17 old girl may be more matured and more intelligent than a 19year old girl,but if you find the right partner,you just fall but thats definitely not by relying on looks and dressing because thats whats most young ladies do.

ur conclusion please!! wink
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by MP007(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2007
when u feel like u are incomplete,
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Youngpo413: 5:11am On Oct 30, 2014
When your pusssssssy starts itching.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 30, 2014
Do we really need to be ready? Its not like we are preparing for war.

Well, when you meet that young-man or woman that sweeps you off your feet. Then you can start dating. The only advantage is if during your single period, you worked on your weaknesses and make yourself a Mr/Mrs right for someone.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 30, 2014
When you are ready you'll know you are ready

When the thought of am I really ready for this starts coming....it means one thing→→→you are not ready

♥Annypie for Miss Nairaland♥
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2014
temigracie:
Do we really need to be ready? Its not like we are preparing for war.

Well, when you meet that young-man or woman that sweeps you off your feet. Then you can start dating. The only advantage is if during your single period, you worked on your weaknesses and make yourself a Mr/Mrs right for someone.
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by xynerise: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2014
You are ready to date when you are ready to face heartbreaks and disappointments

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by EmperorKross(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Cool
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by jaylakes: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
LostRib Matchmaking is an anonymous and personalised matchmaking web platform particularly for professionals who want to get married soon. We’re a hot, smart, witty dating start up.

We care about you, your journey, your process. your desires, your insights, your fears - and heck - even your insecurities. We are here to get you up and out of your shell and dating with an open mind — the only time you can ever find real true love. We'll learn what makes you tick and help you find the match that clicks. http://lostrib.com?afmc=36w
Re: How Do You Know That You're Ready to Start Dating? by jaylakes: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
vexxy:
Some feel that you are ready to date when you are mature enough to do the following:

1. Know 3, 5 or 10 best things about yourself that you, friends or family really admire and be prepared to talk about it.

2. Know what you'd like to gain from a date or new relationship and are you ready for it today.

3. Communicate - can you talk about what interests you and listen to what interests others.

4. Over X's easy - you're not sulking, pissed-off, speaking hateful or about to cry when something about an X comes up.

5. Emotionally comfortable or secure with yourself - your date may ask you questions or say unflattering words.

What do you think about this?
LostRib Matchmaking is an anonymous and personalised matchmaking web platform particularly for professionals who want to get married soon. We’re a hot, smart, witty dating start up.

We care about you, your journey, your process. your desires, your insights, your fears - and heck - even your insecurities. We are here to get you up and out of your shell and dating with an open mind — the only time you can ever find real true love. We'll learn what makes you tick and help you find the match that clicks. http://lostrib.com?afmc=36w

(1) (Reply)

Hairy Guys (girls Love Them) / Girls Only: What Do You Think Of This Guy? / Ladies: How To Trick Men Into Thinking You Have A Bigger Bútt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.