Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander (4717 Views)

Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander / Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment / Northern Army Brigade Established In Igboland (enugu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by hardbody: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
osazee12:
the Lieutenants and captains are young guys in their early 20s fresh out of the Academy with no live experience in the frontline. The best they have probably experienced would be war simulations with or without live rounds. so when they get drafted to the states under BH control it probably feels new to them and they chicken out. that my take sha

Early 20's, Captain? What is the minimum age to enter NDA and how long is the course, i guess 6 years? and what is the minimum number of years before you are promoted to Captain? No bro. Later part of the 20's for Lieutenants and and definitely early 30s at the minimum for captains.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by bennyrazz: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
did I see the name UC uche deserting the fighting armies?? soldiers are trained to fight war! American soldiers would rather die as an hero rather than chicken out of a war. But they celebrate/honor their heroes while Nigeria celebrate/honor corrupt politicians
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by XketchDesigns(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

Early 20's, Captain? What is the minimum age to enter NDA and how long is the course, i guess 6 years? and what is the minimum number of years before you are promoted to Captain? No bro. Later part of the 20's for Lieutenants and and definitely early 30s at the minimum for captains.
Academy is 5 years, you join straight out of secondary school. 18+5=23. Takes 6 months to be promoted to lt. Frm 2nd lt. And 4 years to b promoted to capt.

1 Like

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Aringarosa:
Really?

Why is Desertion now a norm in our military ?
the fact that some do so doesn't make it a norm ,sometimes the media reports nonsense.

1 Like

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
osazee12:

some guys join the military cos of the uniform and what they see in movies and video games
GBAM

2 Likes

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Redhot111(m): 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
I used to envy the military guys back then, but not any more. I mean Hw can u be faced with death yet running away becomes an offence grin. At least faced with such d civilian will go and testify hw he escaped by divine intervention. Bt for the soldiers if u stay ba wahala yet if u run instead of to hapi say u escape e go be anoda wahala. I no envy army again oo. Bt I always pray dat God should help den for making such sacrifice for us.

1 Like

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

not in all cases bro some make captains in their late 20's e.g death machine

1 Like

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by hardbody: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Academy is 5 years, you join straight out of secondary school. 18+5=23. Takes 6 months to be promoted to lt. Frm 2nd lt. And 4 years to b promoted to capt.

Thanks for this analysis which means the earliest one can become a captain is 27, all things being equal. Question is would 27 be defined as early 20s?. 2Lft will probably qualify for the early 20s definition.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by osazee12(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

guys enter the academy between 16yrs and 21, spend a mandotory 5 yrs in the academy. On graduation d cadet gets commisioned as a 2nd Lt. he will spend between 3-5yrs to attain/climb to the rank of captain. so i ll leave you to do the math.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by osazee12(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

Thanks for this analysis which means the earliest one can become a captain is 27, all things being equal. Question is would 27 be defined as early 20s?. 2Lft will probably qualify for the early 20s definition.
Some commissioned offrs get to the rank of captain before they get to 25yrs. esp those that have Godfathers.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by osazee12(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
XketchDesigns:

alot of the cadats get to the academy at age 16.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello Gurus in the house,
There is this Facebook campaign group for my
boss, a guber aspirant with over 13,000 members.
The 'Judas' whom we trusted as to allow create
the group has been compromised. He suddenly
stripped off all the group's Admin: I, my boss, our
campaign Org's DG and that of a party Chieftain,
leaving himself as the sole Admin. Just last week,
he went further to ban all the aforementioned
from the group.
Now, all he & his fellow ingrates of a team does
is character assassination, spreading lies & false
propaganda, and all sorry of falsehood &insults to
the person of my boss. He deletes and ban any
member who posts anything positive, counter his
lies and/or ask questions on why his sudden u-
turn.
My Boss, the guber aspirant is this kind of 'God
knows best' humble and peace loving kinda
person so he vehemently dismissed the idea of
taken legal action when we have every proof to
sue 'Mr Judas' Bottom for libel, slander and
defamation of character.
So pls if there is anyone who can re-hijack and
restore back our admin rights or outrightly wipe
the group off Facebook, holla so we can negotiate
a deal pls. Or if there's anyone with a tool/
software that can achieve same, so i can know
how much you ate willing to sell it and tutor me
so I can go about it myself...Gracias Amigos!
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by hardbody: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
osazee12:

guys enter the academy between 16yrs and 21, spend a mandotory 5 yrs in the academy. On graduation d cadet gets commisioned as a 2nd Lt. he will spend between 3-5yrs to attain/climb to the rank of captain. so i ll leave you to do the math.

Before i do the math have you heard about the word ceteris paribus? You have assumed that they all graduate from secondary school at age 16. Some of us did but while at it i had people looking like uncles and senior brothers in school. So generally speaking, it is possible in principle but it doesnt necessarily follow.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by nikky5(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
He is a gallant officer who did great exploit in Liberia and Sierra Leone in the 90s.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by omenka(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
talktrue1:
sahara reporter again
Why posting it when they have not verified the claim?
Even on CNN and Aljazeera, they run some clips and tell you they can't "independently verify" the authenticity of the video/picture. So cut the guys some slack will you.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
Redhot111:
I used to envy the military guys back then, but not any more. I mean Hw can u be faced with death yet running away becomes an offence grin. At least faced with such d civilian will go and testify hw he escaped by divine intervention. Bt for the soldiers if u stay ba wahala yet if u run instead of to hapi say u escape e go be anoda wahala. I no envy army again oo. Bt I always pray dat God should help den for making such sacrifice for us.
It's a serious crime in the military. A lot of non commissioned officers have lost their lives in those battles because of their fool.ishness.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Gentlesniper(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

not really bro, I am currently a lieutenant and its possible that I will become a captain b4 28, considering that I joined the Academy at 17.......a colleague of mine attained the capt rank at age 25, was 16yrs after NMS straight to NDA, commissioned at age 21.....tho his dad is a top shot in the Army.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Gentlesniper(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
hardbody:

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gentlesniper:
not really bro, I am currently a lieutenant and its possible that I will become a captain b4 28, considering that I joined the Academy at 17.......a colleague of mine attained the capt rank at age 25, was 16yrs after NMS straight to NDA, commissioned at age 21.....tho his dad is a top shot in the Army.
Nawa ooo, whereas av seen a man of about 40yrs stil a captain, those ones might just end there career stil a major or highest colonel
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gentlesniper:
same here too from NMS to NDA and now three pips at 28.what RC !
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by MayorofLagos(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Why is it only Hausa and Yoruba commanders getting shot or wounded or killed in battle front?

Are there no Ibo commanders at the front?

Oh, I forgot......the COWARDS have fled! angry

2 Likes

Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by LordMecuzy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
MayorofLagos:
Why is it only Hausa and Yoruba commanders getting shot or wounded or killed in battle front?

So many Ibo Commanders bro.

We all know d region of cowards in Nigeria
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by XketchDesigns(m): 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Castroii:
Nawa ooo, whereas av seen a man of about 40yrs stil a captain, those ones might just end there career stil a major or highest colonel
That's short service, he didn't go to the academy.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by hardbody: 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gentlesniper:

Ok gentleman. All the best in your career.
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Gentlesniper(m): 6:33am On Nov 20, 2014
hardbody:

Ok gentleman. All the best in your career.
thanks boss!!
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Gentlesniper(m): 6:35am On Nov 20, 2014
DEATHMACHINE:

same here too from NMS to NDA and now three pips at 28.what RC !
congratz sir!! Hope to be like you soon..
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Collynzo9: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2014
MayorofLagos:

Why is it that most of the Yoruba soldiers where shot in the arsè while fleeing?
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by osazee12(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2014
hardbody:

Before i do the math have you heard about the word ceteris paribus? You have assumed that they all graduate from secondary school at age 16. Some of us did but while at it i had people looking like uncles and senior brothers in school. So generally speaking, it is possible in principle but it doesnt necessarily follow.
. True talk. We are both correct
Re: HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2014
Gentlesniper:
congratz sir!! Hope to be like you soon..
you will by God's grace even more higher

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Oshiomhole Gets The 2/3 Majority He Needs (pic) / El Rufai Moves Against Dunamis Church In Kaduna Set To Destroy Them / Reno Omokri: Wike Has Been Taught The Lesson Of His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.