Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i (4692 Views)

Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Mekateka: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2014
asamaigho:

r from d moon? river state as well as most apc states were disenfranchised by inec on the ongoing pvc distribution,which means large chunk of rivers indigenes who registered wont b voting,and u expect him to relax in his a/c tite brick house and watch his people shortchange by inec and pdps' magomago abi,no wonda wit ur likes d country wont progress......try go cure ur myopia before u type trash.
see another lie from the pit of HELL
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 20, 2014
Pavarottii:
Its funny that APC does not seem to have a party platform. For a party that claims to be revolutionary and progressive the only thing I ever here from them is Jonathan this, Jonathan that... We are 2 and a half months away from elections and I have no idea what this party and her presidential candidates stand for.

I mean what is their opinion on the local content policy in the oil and gas sector? Do they think it should be implemented in other sectors of the economy?

what is their stance on the PIB Bill? (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

What do they think about the governments auto policy and its implementation?

what do they think about Jonathans agricultural agenda?

Do they think Nigeria is practicing true federalism? Do they think improvements can be made in its implementation?

What steps are they going to take to curb corruption?

What is the their stance on Nigeria's decision to refuse to sign the EU EPA agreement? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!)

Do they support resource control?

How do they intend to put a stop to Boko harams activities and bring peace to the North? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

How do they intend to solve our power problem?

Do they agree with Jonathan's privatization of PHCN?

What do they think of the federal governments plans to privatize the airports?

How do they plan to diversify the economy?

Are they pro big government or small government?

Do they agree with the federal governments plans to privatize various sectors of the economy?

What do they think about the current state of Nigeria's foreign policy?

How do they intend to put a stop to Gas pipeline Vandalism in the country? (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

What is their thoughts on the Chinese and their growing footprint in Nigeria?

Do they support the federal governments decision to give so many contracts worth billions of dollars to the CHINESE?

They are still more questions the opposition need to answer!
Cc: DAVITOGREAT
Great , I ll answer questions I have got experience in
1. The nogic act is a good one , I mean local content , but what the government need to ask themselves is have our local companies got the technology and human resource, this is the key factor in engineering. Lets leave finance for now. The answer is No, they have not, the oil and gas industry is dynamic and moving so fast. The quality of our indigenous firms don't march up to international standards. The law is a good one but it is not just something we think other sector can emulate because the oil sector is where we got most international key players. except you tell me the other sectors.How many indigenous firms have got research and development centres, how many send staffs for training to gain skills.
2. The PIB is a great idea, my problem is why it has not been passed, companies complain contract ceilings decision in nigeria takes too much time. It takes about 4 years Where as on Angola here it is just about 6 mnths.i don't think this is beingrebiwed In as much as I support indigenous companies participation, I would advice the government to consider the PIB properly as regards laws on international companies operation. The truth remains we cannot work in that sector without the multinationals. Oando bought ConocoPhillips Philips but it is clear they don't have the required technology to work on those assets and that's where the problem is. If the PIB wouldn't favor the IOC , it is better not passed because if these companies leave .... Production will drop so badly.

On aviation and privatization .... The truth is if for any sector to work well in nigeria thru privatization , they have got to have an interational competitor. I mean a player in that industry that is an international brand if not we will keep doing it the Nigerian way , you and I know things never get done the Nigerian way be it public or private... It gets defunct with time.Same with the auto and railway, how many individuals will buy the auto or move on the present rail.
Yes , the Chinese presence in nigeria is never a bad one, if our government can be more open with their deals. China is a corrupt country , they are fighting it yet they still are taking over the world because regardless the corruption it is still creates enabling environment unlike nigeria. It is not about awarding contracts to foreign or indigenous firms , it is about credibility of and quality of service delivered.
The economy has been diversified before now. The diversity we hearing now is just the regular English word that is used when people want to sell themselves more. I recall the one stop shop by obj then. It looked critically at various sectors.
Well , I would not say the Jonathan administration has not tried , but they ought to do better and make decisions that will not favor only a particular class but the masses directly or indirectly.
You did not talk about the refinery , do we have to wait for dangote , what's stopping the privatization of the defunct ones that just need upgrade with not as much cash compared to building a new one.well may be perhaps , to keep the richest black man rich. The truth which is my fear is we may have to buy fuel at a higher price because dangote will only sell at his own price. We need competition in that line not monopoly.
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Ayed44: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2014
asamaigho:

r from d moon? river state as well as most apc states were disenfranchised by inec on the ongoing pvc distribution,which means large chunk of rivers indigenes who registered wont b voting,and u expect him to relax in his a/c tite brick house and watch his people shortchange by inec and pdps' magomago abi,no wonda wit ur likes d country wont progress......try go cure ur myopia before u type trash.
since when has police headquarters turned to INEC headquarters?
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Mayydayy(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2014
one way or the other AMAECHI is going to bring that needed change in this nation.i smell revolution.
this an dont give a damn about dying.GOD pls give us more of AMAECHI and deliver us from this sham called Nigeria.
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by emeka2847: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2014
SO THE ARMY GENERALS HAVE FINALLY JOINED PDP CAMPAIGN. Sad!

(1) (2) (Reply)

33 Reasons Why Southern Nigerians Are Fools - And The Northerners Are Not! / BREAKING NEWS!!! Massive Explosion At Umungasi Road Aba;scores Feared Dead (pics / Osun Job Centre Is A Fraud, A Misstep - Osun PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.