Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions (4854 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? / Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by snipesdam(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Since this year I have been looking at the customs ADs about their auctions and the prices are really tempting. My fear is that how genuine could this be and if yes, is the condition of the car often good (Tokunbor Standard).

So has anyone in the past had any experience with these guys? Whom has successfully made a purchase form them and got it delivered.

I need your opinions guys.
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by shamecurls(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2014
SCAM!!!! Run Run Run.......!!!!

Adverts re done on National Daily`s when the Nigerian Customs chose to do so.

5 Likes

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by snipesdam(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2014
shamecurls:
SCAM!!!! Run Run Run.......!!!!

Adverts re done on National Daily`s when the Nigerian Customs chose to do so.

Aiit Thanks More Opinions Please.....
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by xtratagem(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2014
There is nothing like that...forget about the ridiculous prices

2 Likes

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by lonelydora: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2014
I was thinking you want to tell us how you bought your car successfully from them.

By their price you shall know them........ Run from any advert with very cheap price.

4 Likes

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by Readonee35L(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2014
Hey
Please run from does cheap ads of custom vehicles
They are fake
Custom auctions do exist wella, I av someone who buys some In Containers , A very big deal for the senior men
But all this are never disclosed
...Things Happen When you sleep At Nights

1 Like

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by AutosBay(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Stay away from such they are fraudsters. Please read this https://www.nairaland.com/1293073/nigerian-customs-not-auction-cars
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by abatically(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2014
snipesdam:

U want more opinions? U want someone to actually convince u that customs advertise auctions online, well OK yes it is true.

Call this number 080419419419. We have 2010 Toyota Camry for just N250,000, 2013 range rover sport for N400,000.

5 Likes

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by snipesdam(m): 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
abatically:

U want more opinions? U want someone to actually convince u that customs advertise auctions online, well OK yes it is true.

Call this number 080419419419. We have 2010 Toyota Camry for just N250,000, 2013 range rover sport for N400,000.

Am not easily fooled guy, am trying to find out if anyone has had past experiences with them. My junior bro actually called one of their scam Phone numbers and the maroon said the car will be delivered upon payment for the driver to deliver the car and you would have to join an auction via Email grin (I laughed). My guess is that these guys don't really want to the car money, rather they want to acquire the Drivers money and post you forever. Nevertheless, I just decide to get curious lately about them. I do know for sure that customs don't auction cars online.

Thanks everyone for your contribution.
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by aieromon(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
snipesdam:

What more do you want to hear?

They are scam adverts,period!
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
i never believed that people fall for this scam he saw a Range Rover 06 for 800k on OLX, i told him it is a scam, it later became a very hot arguement and his basis was that anyone can sell a used car, at any price he likes. something like i can buy a 2014 Vogue and can decide to sell it foe 2million next year. i was so angry in the spirit that day at his level of understanding and difficulty in winning his thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by redcliff: 2:20am On Nov 23, 2014
snipesdam:

smh
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by ice234: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
Bossforeva:
i never believed that people fall for this scam he saw a Range Rover 06 for 800k on OLX, i told him it is a scam, it later became a very hot arguement and his basis was that anyone can sell a used car, at any price he likes. something like i can buy a 2014 Vogue and can decide to sell it foe 2million next year. i was so angry in the spirit that day at his level of understanding and difficulty in winning his thoughts.

Just checking olx, saw 2013 Venza for 2M, call the guy he told me to pay 50k for the driver to deliver it to me... I had to laff cos I knew. It was a scam.

NB: does olx actually action good scam-free cars?
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by lastmanstandn(m): 5:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Bossforeva:

I fought a friend over this matter. He saw a tokunbo 2010 Camry for 900k. Every thing I said to prove its a scam fell on deaf ears as he continued to argue about it.
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by lastmanstandn(m): 5:56am On Nov 24, 2014
ice234:

Just checking olx, saw 2013 Venza for 2M, call the guy he told me to pay 50k for the driver to deliver it to me... I had to laff cos I knew. It was a scam.

I once bought a 2009 Avensis on there from Lanpets Motors. There are real ones there as well. But you need to apply logic when you search.

For example, you should never get a Tokunbo Venza less that 3.7 or 4m (that's gonna be completely salvaged tho)
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by snipesdam(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
ice234:

Exactly, when my junior bro called the guy he said he would have to pay for the driver to deliver the car. If it matches his taste then he can pay for the car. grin Then I got game and knew these guys aren't after the car money they are just after Driver money (50k or less).
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by ice234: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
Exactly... Its always pay 50K for delivery.
You know that scam na. Pay small first then they will tell u another story like fuel finished on the way, or ploice seized the car, pay additional 10k to bribe the policemen. Next is army held them close by and wants 1500 recharge card... Na so them go open office for your head until you give us.
Re: Successful Purchase Of A Car From Customs Auctions by cece02: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
Readonee35L:
Hey
Please run from does cheap ads of custom vehicles
They are fake
Custom auctions do exist wella, I av someone who buys some In Containers , A very big deal for the senior men
But all this are never disclosed
...Things Happen When you sleep At Nights
pls can I know dis person?

(1) (Reply)

2013 Audi S5 Or 2013 BMW M3? / Toyota Camry 2007 Having Engine Oil Shortages / Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.