Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106338 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by saint047(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
ZACHIE:

Is Mimiko still Governor of Ondo State? YES.

Warped minds.
how about amaechi,kwankwoso and co

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:
Ibofool, APGA members that decamped to pdp in the house, are they still members? Why should tambuwal be an exception?

THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR SEATS AS WELL.THE 1999 CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE ENFORCED.ENOUGH OF ALL THIS IMPUNITY,THE JUDICIARY HAS ALLOWED THIS TO FESTER FOR SO LONG AND I WIL BLAME THEM FOR THIS CURRENT CRISIS.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by IYANGBALI: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Srallens:
U must b thinking wit ur ANUS! Hv u ever heard of the word " impeach"? Den tel me if the speaker v been impeached?
pls ignore that e.rat
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by duni04(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU NOT BEEN READING POSTS ON THIS THREAD? ABEG TRY AND GOOGLE SECTION 68 1(G) OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION.TTHERE IS NO SUBSISTING COURT ORDER AS TAMBUWAL HIMSELF WITHDREW THE CASE.
Tambuwals argument about a division in his former party is very valid.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by GeneralBK: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
crown777:

In a democratic country? I wonder why u left ur brain unused before u made dis comment

U don't know anything
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Srallens:
U must b thinking wit ur ANUS! Hv u ever heard of the word " impeach"? Den tel me if the speaker v been impeached?
DO YOU IMPEACH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE HOR
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by saint047(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

Goon, ur c in c is daft.
Tambuwal remains speaker. Already he is marching on.
NO....u are wrong,he is no more d speaker,he is now d ex speaker
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by edo3(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

Heroes of the people are normally tear gassed. No big deal.
Oh i came late,,but for that statements,,GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
duni04:

Tambuwals argument about a division in his former party is very valid.

IS THE PDP DIVIDED? SERIOUSLY ARE YOU FOR REAL?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by donphilopus: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

CASUALTIES KE? SO I IS OKAY TO VIOLATE A SECTION OF THE CONSTITUTION SIMPLY BECAUSE APC IS INVOLVED ABI? HOW WILL YOU FEEL IF GEJ MOVES TO APOINT A SPEAKER FOR THE HOR? WOULD YOU NOT BE THE FIRST TO SHOUT HE DOSENT HAVE SUCH POWERS IN THE CONSTITUTION? THE SAME CONSTITITION YOU ARE TRYING TON TRAMPLE UPON.

I TOLD YOU GUYS EARLIER PDP WILL NEVER ALLOW TAMBUWAL PRESIDE OVER THE HOR ON APC PLATFORM YOU THOUGHT IT IS JUST MERE TALK.I CAN BET YU THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.THE WORST THAT WILL HAPPEN IS A FACTIONALISATON OF THE HOR ALONG PARTY LINES WITH THE PRESIDENCY DISREGARDING HE APC FACTION AND CHOSING TO DEAL WITH ONLY THE PDP FACTION

Bros, stop displaying your ignorance here joor. How can GEJ 'appoint' a Speaker for the House of Reps?! Is he a Member?! Is the Legislative arm not different from Executive?! I hate to see old men goof!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by obailala(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!
Nigerians foolishly supporting anarchy because they think it favours them... I thought this dispute is in court and the court has asked the status quo to remain pending final judgement?.... How can the president brazenly flout a court order and some stoopid Nigerians are happy about this saying it is the right thing?

A whole battalion of soldiers just to break a court order and prevent one unarmed man from entering a building yet soldiers in the north east are crying of poor backup and arms.

What sort of desperation for power is this by the president?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Whitehorse: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
The biggest problem with NL is that people do not debate (with facts or logic), its all cursing and swearing driven by ethnicity, religion, and just plain uncouthness...

We indeed deserve the leadership we get, NL just shows how we reason as people...

Na wa o

www.afrispheric.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by VUVUZELA10: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mr. President is clueless according to anti democracy elements but takes decisive and fair decisions. What is then clueless about Mr. President? After GEJ, South East will rule for 8years. Our so called born to rule people should wait till 2027. It is bitter but it is the truth we must live with now.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by DgreatObserver(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Come is like dem swer 4 dis stupid president abi, wey in dey violtd rule of d constitutional law, na by force to remain in PDP abi d time wey in comot from in party to PDP Y dem no complain. OLOSHI.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Dee60: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
What about Mimiko? Why is the Police not chasing him out of Government House? Why is he stilll allowed in Aso Rock, dining with the President, VP, Senate President after decamping to PDP?

PDP has virtually destroyed Nigeria.

The present regime is worse than Abacha x 10!

Just yesterday, the president was saying politics should not be 'do or die'. Can you believe anything the man says?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by walanter(m): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
oboy ....Nigeria is gradually falling apart

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR SEATS AS WELL.THE 1999 CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE ENFORCED.ENOUGH OF ALL THIS IMPUNITY,THE JUDICIARY HAS ALLOWED THIS TO FESTER FOR SO LONG AND I WIL BLAME THEM FOR THIS CURRENT CRISIS.

Ibofool, let's even assume ur summation is sensible. the police didn't stop this former APGA ibo members ooo for months and now that it's Tambuwal’s turn, within weeks they want to stop him.
Is it because he is an abooki? Is it because it's against the killer party?
Can't u see that u, police, Jonathan ur god are all hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mustyywalex: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
I'm Fed up. Off to France
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by okiezman(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hahahhaha......pdp teaching janjanweed since 1900.....you don't toy with the ruling party
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
saint047:
NO....u are wrong,he is no more d speaker,he is now d ex speaker

So who is the current speaker. No name?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by abacus(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin

THIS JANJA.WEEDS SHOULD GO AND REPRESENT NIGERIA AT THE NEXT OLYMPICS AT HIGH JUMP.THEY SEEM TO BE VERY GOOD AT IT

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wanti so pe werey ni.. won ni oti Bu gi je.. already I know nothing good can come from your mouth and your cockroach brain.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by IYANGBALI: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I regret living in the same country with you. With people like you,Nigeria is dooooooooooooomed cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by duni04(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

IS THE PDP DIVIDED? SERIOUSLY ARE YOU FOR REAL?
“For the avoidance of doubt, the question of whether or not there is a division or faction in the PDP has been resolved by Lord Justice Faji of the Ilorin Division of Federal High Court in suit FHC/ IL/CS/6/2014, in which the court held that indeed there were factions in the PDP.

Again in suit no FHC/S/ CS/4/2014, the Sokoto Division of the Federal High Court per Justice Aikawa, the judgment of the court was that there was not only a division, but faction in the PDP which later merged with the APC.

“As the number four citizen in the hierarchy of protocol in the country, the speaker is entitled to security protection by the security agencies. Therefore we see the action of the acting Inspector General of Police as not only a contempt of the courts but a ploy to bring harm to the person of Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.”

Imam stressed that nothing in the constitution, nor the Police Act confers on the police force adjudicatory powers including the interpretation of the constitution.

“In any case, even Section 215 of the 1999 Constitution does not contemplate the issuing of or compliance with unlawful orders by the president and or the Inspector General of Police, respectively.

“What the acting Inspector General of Police has done therefore has no basis in law including the constitution which he has cited.
“It is a brazen act of crass impunity, gross constitutional breach and contempt of court. The Inspector General should desist from assuming or usurping the constitutional functions of the judiciary,” Imam said.

He reminded the IG that the speaker was elected by House members from among themselves under Section 50(1) (b) of the constitution and could only be removed from office by two-thirds of the members of the House.

Imam stressed that Section 68(1)(g) of the constitution, which refers to a member vacating his seat on the grounds of defection, which the IG referred to, has a proviso, which has been and is still a matter for judicial and not police interpretation.
He added, however, that the speaker has faith and confidence in the judiciary and is persuaded that it cannot be stampeded into administering injustice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by crown777(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:
The soldiers yab. Abeg!
What do they think their guns are for? they should have shot the useless asewo janjawid.

In a democratic country? I wonder why u left ur brain unused before u made dis comment
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Deapexboy(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

bro which of the constitution says dat if d speaker shud decamp,he shud resign?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
They can't go against order from above
versace400:
Atimes, i do wonder what is the problems with our
security operatives who are been pay with Nigerians tax
payers money & the same time continue 2 intimidate &
harass them without no cause in this centuries?? Imagine
political security preventing House of Rep Speaker from
entry in 2 his office complex just look at it. Are they d security agents that elected the speaker or house of rep
members?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by delman88(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
And what was mr Former Speaker coming to do at the assembly? i think he should be arrested immediatly

CAN YOU STATE WHEN HE WAS IMPEACHED?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by VirginFinder: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
I insist, some so called 'supporters' of the President are out to intentionally do him more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by hugoart(m): 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is a new low for even the lowest mo.ron Jonathan.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Ambassadors: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
So if you are not party to corruption or if you don't join them you get impeached. The government Will treat you like a criminal. Really stealing is not corruption, its a way of life. If Jonathan doesn't rig his election then he wont win. Cos I won't vote for him.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Jxt watchn AIT..Nigeria don divide finish oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.