Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,184 members, 7,839,031 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106581 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ofala(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
A huge shame really

JudgeWilson:
This Country is a joke. Can u imagine wat is happening at the National Assembly? Our police has lost the integrity nd respect of the people. Our Police force has now become dogs in the hand of the man at the helm of affair in Abuja. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
brown3:
coward gambari slave. Ur gambari master is a goner

Fool, i ask again, who is currently the speaker of HOR? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by naturally: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
joker5180:
i was referring to a 'word' in a post.
I thought you have something for me
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Srallens(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
IYANGBALI:
pls ignore that e.rat
I hear u, my brou
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Caseless: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
ionsman:

You are a coward...He should be shot right? Infact....

When your president is clueless,I expect you to show monumental cluelessness......You think like an illiterate.
curlieweed is an illiterate.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Babaji111(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:

only "tear gassed"? What kind of useless "troops" do we have in this country these days? Shoot the asewo!
Too late. You will surely know who is asewo by next week. Enemies of progress are the losers always.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Back2seder: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
The land of a cripple constitution
where law enforcers can deprive the right of law makers successfully
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by omoiseselagba: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:
The soldiers yab. Abeg!
What do they think their guns are for? they should have shot the useless asewo janjawid.
only if your daddy followed the advise i gave him when your mother was pregnant with ya foetus.akuku ibi omo.omoale.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralBK:

Yes tambuwal should be dead.

Next time dont joke or play with c in c
ok. he should be dead rite. when a show begins no one knows when it will end. if Jonathan is resulting to self help., u should remember his action is not different from General Tompolo and sheik Shekau
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by omoiseselagba: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:

only "tear gassed"? What kind of useless "troops" do we have in this country these days? Shoot the asewo!
you are a madddd man.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Tokunbohkinibig: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
This is a right move.

Is he still the speaker of the House? NO

He got Speaker's post because PDP was and is still the majority in the House. Now that he has pitched his tent with APC which has minority in the House, the right thing to do is to relinquish his position immediately he decamped.

I don't know why some people want to create unnecessary attention.

You can't eat your 'gworo kola' and have it back!

The only people supporting this lawlessness from clueless president are Igbos and few clueless Niger deltans but one thing u guyz failed to realise is that Jonathan adminstration/tenure ll surely come to an end one day- 2015/2019. And having experienced Jonathan lawless administration, i am afraid that nobody would be able to stand up against any misrule or lawlessness from Northerner government in d future. If you think that Nigeria would seize to exist in 2015 or after jonathan admin, u r wrong bro, not now.

What is going on in Nigeria political arena now is equally similar to what happened to Hausa/Fulani elites who were killed in 60s by Easteners but instead for dat action to be condenmed by these people, they took to the street to celebrate this barbaric action of their sons but when Northerner started paying them back, they were screaming genocide. And this is d reason y their genocide rhetorics didn't fly for one day. What goes around, comes around.

What has Jonathan done to the Governors who defected from another party to PDP? Nothing i guess. If Jonathan has taken a similar action against these governors, the story would have been different. Lawlessness should be condenmed by all not cos of today but tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Rexnegro(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
I don't just know why some people are so biased in this con3, when mimiko n his speaker crossed to pdp they remain gov n speaker respectively....but if pdp members defeat to other party pdp will say they have lost their seats as a result of the defection. Smh for this con3 democracy. Pdp people should at least have respect n show maturity for rules of law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by brown3: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pennyways:
marching on to where?
marching to boko haram, jajanweed camp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by omoiseselagba: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralBK:

Yes tambuwal should be dead.

Next time dont joke or play with c in c
lets your fada start first.omo ale.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by omoiseselagba: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
dtruth3:
Patiently waiting for his felow street boys, Amachi and co, to come and occupy the street!

this time, let the millitary learn how to shoot at sight!
u will be shot first.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by 5thNOTE: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
smileandlove:
Nigeria democracy on the brink! If this people continue like this, America's prediction that Nigeria may not exceed 2015 may as well come to pass.
why wont it exceed 2015? The 1999 constitution said when a person elected to a post through a party suddenly leaves such party and decamp to another party, his position is hence vacant.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Malawian(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

If APGA members that decamped to pdp are still members why shouldn't tambuwal that decamped from pdp.
Ibofool, u aren't making sense.
tambuwal was not elected speaker by the general elections. the speakership is not his birthright. no one is saying tambuwal should stop being a member of the hpouse. let us stop this korny korny sense we are racking here. mimiko in his position as governor was was elected by members of the public. tambuwal was not.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ypzilanti: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Normally 2/3 majority can remove that IGP anyway. I say reconvene and show him who is d boss.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by sherif4owo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
omoiseselagba:
lets your fada start first.omo ale.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Malawian:

tambuwal was not elected speaker by the general elections. the speakership is not his birthright. no one is saying tambuwal should stop being a member of the hpouse. let us stop this korny korny sense we are racking here. mimiko in his position as governor was was elected by members of the public. tambuwal was not.

Tambuwal was elected speaker by members of house and to remove him as speaker, the same process needs to be followed. It can never and must never be either from aso rock or wadata plaza.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mko2005: 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
moh1:
this is not good as a nation. we should not justify this Cowardliness,madness and indiscipline of our security force to abuse or to be use as tool to settle political differences base on the defection of the speaker from PDP to APC. i still of the opinion that the security force will not carry such an illegal,unprofessional and a criminal act against the speaker without the approver of the president of this nation using his machinery to carry out such a dirty act. JEG shld be call to other. my vote still stand for him but i will not support such impunity in a system that is still trying to stand.
I felt some goose bumps as i read to up to the bolded above. I support Good luck Jonathan but some times i find it difficult to defend certain actions of his foot soldiers !

God help us
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
wordychap:

Y not read what d constitution says about a HOR member defecting to another party? He ceases to be a member of d HOR, but d same does not apply to a governor defecting, its d constitution.
what about dose APC law makers dat defected to PDP. y did dey not lose deir seat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
mko2005:

I felt some goose bumps as i read to up to the bolded above. I support Good luck Jonathan but some times i find it difficult to defend certain actions of his foot soldiers !

God help us

Are u insinuating that his foot soldiers acted without him being placed in the picture?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by brown3: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

yoruba coward, no illegal standing or lotary withing or near by premisess of national assembly. Anybody caught that is not hor. Member, will be boundle inside car boot including former hor. Tanbuwa.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by zulyadainmusa: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is scrap, a whole law maker?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Fourwinds: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Malawian:

go through d posts. some people are saying he stops being a member of d house.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Rock212(m): 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
I am not a follower of any party but I have always liked Mr president. Unfortunately I must say that he is getting it all wrong by the manner he is handling this issue of the defection of the speaker. Speakers and members in various houses of Assembly have been defecting to various parties without any dust raised. I believed that the president is a very tactical man but he got it wrong this time. As a lawyer, I always tell ppl that a litigant who has a good case may end up losing his case due to his indiscretion. There is a way the presidency would ve handled this matter Mr speaker would ve lost face politically and in the public area. NASS belongs to Nigerians. No one should stop any citizen's right of ingress and egress from NASS. I belive we don't have a monarch as head of government in Nigeria or military rule. The dangerous thing about this is it stands the chance of encouraging civil unrest in the country. The legislature which is an INDEPENDENT arm of government should be allowed to handle its business without interferance from the executive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fourwinds:
what about dose APC law makers dat defected to PDP. y did dey not lose deir seat

U dey mind these hypocrites.
Decamp to pdp, retain ur seat.
Decamp from pdp, lose ur seat.
Very foolish set of people.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Demdem(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
brown3:
yoruba coward, no illegal standing or lotary withing or near by premisess of national assembly. Anybody caught that is not hor. Member, will be boundle inside car boot including former hor. Tanbuwa.

Demdem:

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by mko2005: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Back2seder:
The land of a cripple constitution
where law enforcers can deprive the right of law makers successfully
The land where supposedly 'lawmakers' fail to abide by the law they make themselves !
If the security force says you shouldn't go into a particular building citing security reasons,why not adhere to simple instructions and probably see a recourse in the law court if you sense any foul play ?

God help us
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Tokunbohkinibig: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
5thNOTE:
why wont it exceed 2015? The 1999 constitution said when a person elected to a post through a party suddenly leaves such party and decamp to another party, his position is hence vacant.

But you chosed to ignore the fact that some governors have equally defected to PDP from another party in recent months and nothing was done about it by this same president. What goes around, comes around.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by brown3: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

a bastard yoruba coward, from osun gheto looking pig farm, claiming that he is from bayesa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply)

PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced / Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government / South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.