Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks (30822 Views)

Jiji Please Screen 99.9% Of Those Placing Jobs Ad In Your Site. / CBN Recruitment 2014 / Career Website Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by tripxx: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
one of these banks gave my friend a target of 1 billion naira within 6 weeks. i cried with her.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by lonelydora: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
When I was single, I was bleeping so many female bankers in the name of I will open account with you.

How will some men now enjoy those Zenith/GTbank fine babes?
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by mayblossom(f): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
onatisi:
100 million naira target !!!!! Haba I don't believe this

Bros better believe it. My target was 150m for current accounts, 130m for savings account and 150m for fixed deposits, and I was told this was just because I was new in marketing, having spent abt 3 years in operations. I just look them finish, stayed for a few more months and left them. Honestly, now, I sleep better. As per your question whether this targe is monthly or yearly, it's what you're expected to have in your books(cCABAL) at every point in time. They take your achieved amount every morning(the amount you have in your cabal) and then do the math to get your average achieved for each month. Your promotion, even survival depends on that monthly average as against your target.

@ op The targets are one thing, the thought of going to work, getting into another meeting and being addressed as a looser is another thing all together. Such meetings leaves one very vulnerable, with a very low self esteem. Pray, tell me, how can one mobilize funds or even be courageous enough to get into serious business talks with his/her clients in such a bad mood? That is what gives the clients the guts to ask for so so and so. Even some staff offer the thing sef before the client thinks of asking. And CBN is still using moral suation? TALKATIVES! CBN stop placing unnecessary targets on the Banks, set a standard and sanction the offenders. JUST STOP SPEAKING TOO MUCH ENGLISH!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by onatisi(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
mayblossom:

Bros better believe it. My target was 150m for current accounts, 130m for savings account and 150m for fixed deposits, and I told this was just because I was new in marketing, having spent abt 3 years in operations. I just look them finish, stayed for a few more months and left them. Honestly, now, I sleep better.

@ op The targets are one thing, the thought of going to work, getting into another meeting and being addressed as a looser is another thing all together. After suh meetings, you start your day with a very low self esteem. Pray, tell me, how can one mobilize funds or even be courageous enough to get into serious business talks with his/her clients in such a bad mood? And CBN is still using moral suation? TALKATIVES!
nigeria is the easiest place to make money . All you have to do is to find some people who are desperate for a salary job . Their target will pay their salaries and even pay you handsomely for having the idea. u did the right thing by leaving the job. If you can raise 50million for a bank then you should be able to raise 1million for ur own start up capital.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by webizone(m): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
I used to say this to marketers and am saying it again: Instead of suffering yourselves for these organisations all in the name of a petty-paying job you might be sacked from tomorrow why not get a product that is rare in your locality, set your price, and put in the same marketing effort for it, and yourselves? If your destiny na marketing, I tell you most solemnly you would be the one bankers rush to ask for you to open an account with them.

Nawa o. Well, I guess everyone can never think the same no matter how bad the situation is.

1 Like

Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by mayblossom(f): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
@ Onatisi I modified my post. Just added a few things. The ranting felt good. I still have my friends and loved ones there.
As for bank, I left them o my brother before I die in my sleep. SLAVE DRIVERS!
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by loomer: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
TALES BY MOONLIGHT
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by tylesh(f): 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
I pray they listen
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by webizone(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
melissa429:
Am really tired of dis bank marketting,but am I really doing it 4 da moni d answa is no,having found out what d job is all about even thou I really have strong passion 4 d banking industry but not marketting,I have decided to do d job so it could boost my c.v.pls am really in need of anoda bank joB but not as a markette,or any oda job dat dos nt relate with marketing.pls some one b moved by d holy spirit on my behalf(christyluka83@gmail.com my email address or beta still call me on 08105256454.am in Nasarawa state and can go to any part of d country 4 a ready job)strictly contact if its bizness

Girl, u too need this JOB (Just Over Broke). That makes you an easy target for randy clients. Hope you have not been used already. That said, I am moved to tell you to calm down, think for awhile, and see the big picture. How do they make their money to pay you? Can you do the same? Rediscover LIFE, my friend.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by einsteine(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nonsense. It is this constant poke nosing of government into private business that's causing problems in the Nigerian economy. So CBN wants to regulate staff performance management? Did anyone force bankers to work? Anyone who is not comfortable with his job can resign. Dem nor force anybody.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
but what's the definition or standard of the target. I believe an amount should be set as standard instead of blowing hot air by stating the obvious.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by dandollar1: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
onatisi:
bros , I don't know what to say again oo. But my question is ,the 100 million target is for how many years ? And what is the average salary of these marketers that are given these targets ?
if your target is 100m, then at every point in time, that is what they expect your cabal to be reading. Not like it's the target for a whole year o.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by celinababy: 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
Orrrrr tell dem o.they make some gals do wat they are not suppose to do mtchwwwww
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by lolaluv1(f): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
iyabodeh:
That thing is so annoying. A friend of mine was given 10m target. She just finished university ooo. Her other friend had 5million so when I saw her friend, I knew why. It's how beautiful you are, how high your target is. These banks are just insensitive, even the guys are not left out. Sugar toys in business suits.

10m is chicken change in the world of marketing...
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by lolaluv1(f): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
lekzzydo:
God pls let them axed this before access bank serve me my employment letter.

Also NLC chairman should CC this to other companies setting unrealistic targets to their marketers, sales reps e.t.c, because this is not happening in banks alone.

Access? SMH.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by HardeyBbee: 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
story story just like how ncc said they will sanction mtn and co. for bad coverage and etc. we too like talk talk for this country but no action, I bet this is the last we will hear of this thing.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by HardeyBbee: 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
story story just like how ncc said they will sanction mtn and co. for bad coverage and etc. we too like talk talk for this country but no action, I bet this is the last time we will hear of this thing.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by HardeyBbee: 11:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
mayblossom:

Bros better believe it. My target was 150m for current accounts, 130m for savings account and 150m for fixed deposits, and I was told this was just because I was new in marketing, having spent abt 3 years in operations. I just look them finish, stayed for a few more months and left them. Honestly, now, I sleep better. As per your question whether this targe is monthly or yearly, it's what you're expected to have in your books(cCABAL) at every point in time. They take your achieved amount every morning(the amount you have in your cabal) and then do the math to get your average achieved for each month. Your promotion, even survival depends on that monthly average as against your target.

@ op The targets are one thing, the thought of going to work, getting into another meeting and being addressed as a looser is another thing all together. Such meetings leaves one very vulnerable, with a very low self esteem. Pray, tell me, how can one mobilize funds or even be courageous enough to get into serious business talks with his/her clients in such a bad mood? That is what gives the clients the guts to ask for so so and so. Even some staff offer the thing sef before the client thinks of asking. And CBN is still using moral suation? TALKATIVES! CBN stop placing unnecessary targets on the Banks, set a standard and sanction the offenders. JUST STOP SPEAKING TOO MUCH ENGLISH!

+1
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by KLand(m): 12:51am On Nov 21, 2014
Yomieluv:
So true.

Commercial banks is now the hotspot for high profile prostituti0n. Imagine telling someone to ensure a customer deposit #100million every month,without arming them with Ak47,or rocket launcher.

A friend was displaced from her job when she couldn't meet up.

Bank marketers are modern day slaves..forget those suit,and ties they wear,behind the ties,and suits lies a groaning heart,bedeviled with pains..

I smell jealousy, except if you are self-employed.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by KLand(m): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2014
Sorry CBN, this is not enforceable. Business must grow...... banks must declare profit. High targets are ways to these goals.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by onatisi(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2014
This is really pathetic and sad. People should just start thinking deep and start looking for ways to better their lives instead of these useless jobs. I really don't know what more to say. But one thing I know and I am very sure of is nigeria is the best place to invest ,all you need is an idea .
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Norstrademus(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2014
They need to know..mere admonitions wont suffice.cbn shud find a better way to curtail this mad target drive imposed on poor marketers like myself o!!!
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
singlefade25:
CBN pls do the needful, abeg.

First to comment, so happy o. Good news coming my way in Jesus name
Are u a kid? How does commenting first on a page relate to getting good news? Shows u not even spiritual atall if u feel being d first to comment on a page will determine u receiving good news. So pathetic. Means u taking d God factor out of the way. Get a rethink

2 Likes

Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Sike(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
I just hope they heard.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by onatisi(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sike:
I just hope they heard.
for where. It is up to people to decide and determine their own destinies
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by encryptionx: 3:00am On Nov 22, 2014
Na waoo for all this CBN governor oh, it is when they leave the commercial institution that they will notice that something is wrong :-XNa waoo for all this CBN governor oh, it is when they leave the commercial institution that they will notice that something is wrong
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by singlefade25(f): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Are u a kid? How does commenting first on a page relate to getting good news? Shows u not even spiritual atall if u feel being d first to comment on a page will determine u receiving good news. So pathetic. Means u taking d God factor out of the way. Get a rethink
Bro, what is your problem? if u have issues, pls visit your doctor or your pastor. dont ever quote me again.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
singlefade25:
Bro, what is your problem? if u have issues, pls visit your doctor or your pastor. dont ever quote me again.
Lol n u fink I'll be scared wen u said "don't ever quote u again" lol funny childish talk. U definitely are a kid cos kids don't know ow 2 talk. Its u who needs 2 visit ur doctor or pastor so ur head can be checked so u can talk 2 people in reasonable terms. U digg?
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by singlefade25(f): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Lol n u fink I'll be scared wen u said "don't ever quote u again" lol funny childish talk. U definitely are a kid cos kids don't know ow 2 talk. Its u who needs 2 visit ur doctor or pastor so ur head can be checked so u can talk 2 people in reasonable terms. U digg?
Old man, you need help
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
singlefade25:
Old man, you need help
Who needs help between both of us? U dat u believing being d first to comment means good news will come 2 u lol, which has come recently? Lol none I guess, u dat can't talk reasonably when u being adviced about my first point. U need help with ur mentality cos m sure u thinking like a child would.
Re: Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks by singlefade25(f): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Who needs help between both of us? U dat u believing being d first to comment means good news will come 2 u lol, which has come recently? Lol none I guess, u dat can't talk reasonably when u being adviced about my first point. U need help with ur mentality cos m sure u thinking like a child would.
bro free me now. i dont engage in e-fight. cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? / FRSC 2018 Recruitment Screening Time-Table, Dates / How I Failed The Fidelity Bank Job Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.