Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? (968 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Tallesty1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Often times when I come online and check nland, I feel disappointed.

Especially when I check this Section, I think this is my first post here and the reason I don't frequent this place is because of the level of tribalism, hatred, zonism and e-fights that I see here. Such things will never help us in anyway.

It breaks my heart when I see adult Nigerians engage in e-fight because of political party. What for? The question I always ask myself when I see such people is "how do one teach or show these grown ups to stop their own destruction. Running fast in a wrong lane is useless.

Nigeria do not need PDP, We don't need APC or whatever party that is there. We need a leader and the party he belongs to does not matter.

A Leader who understands the principles of stewardship, servanthood and responsibility.

A Leader who recognizes his role to create an environment in which those s/he leads can fulfill their destiny and potential.

A Leader who is motivated by a passion to see those s/he leads doing well rather than a means to personal benefit.

A Leader who do not feel the world owes him/her a life but who face the complexities and confusion that makes up this awesome resource-rich country and then boldly step forward to make a difference starting in his/her own sphere of influence and then outwards in ever increasing circles of influence..

A Leader who has ceased calling on somebody and have decided to be that somebody.

The time is NOW and it starts with me and you..

Not some undefined and unknown SOMEBODY out there somewhere..

My paradigm must change before asking others to consider changing theirs..

It is time for us (Nigerians) to accept the responsibility for most of what we have become..

Stop insulting and blaming our leaders.

Jonathan isn't clueless, he is contently exploiting our stupidity and unseriousness.

Blame goes not to the bad, clueless or foolish leader but to the sane man that allowed such person to lead.

An adult over the age of 21 cannot really legitimately keep blaming his/her parents for their failures..

The future of Nigeria and Nigerians is in our hands.

What are you doing to help?
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Maybe you should confine yourself to romance, sexuality and joke sections.
1. Nigerians and Nigeria need the political party that will bring the change we seek. The Constitution clearly empowers only political parties to Sponsor Candidates for election. PDP is definitely out of it, as it has blown away the goodwill given them and retrogressed the country after 16years. The party matters well as it is the party that forms government with their candidate incharge as the leader/President.

2. Blame and criticism by the masses is legitimate and a way of the citizenry to express themselves. Jonathan is by every means clueless if we are to put his actions, inactions, utterances etc into consideration.

3. The only way to change this is to booth out the PDP from Power, make them realise what they lost and it will make the New ruling party sit-up, so as not to be given same treatment.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Tallesty1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Maybe you should confine yourself to romance, sexuality and joke sections.
1. Nigerians and Nigeria need the political party that will bring the change we seek. The Constitution clearly empowers only political parties to Sponsor Candidates for election. PDP is definitely out of it, as it has blown away the goodwill given them and retrogressed the country after 16years. The party matters well as it is the party that forms government with their candidate incharge as the leader/President.

2. Blame and criticism by the masses is legitimate and a way of the citizenry to express themselves. Jonathan is by every means clueless if we are to put his actions, inactions, utterances etc into consideration.

3. The only way to change this is to booth out the PDP from Power, make them realise what they lost and it will make the New ruling party sit-up, so as not to be given same treatment.
Try to get my point. Any party that produce the type of candidate we need should have our vote.
We should not vote blindly because the aspirant is from our favourite party.
PDP can produce a good person.
And if APC have one that is better, then so be it, Their candidate should be voted for.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by MizMyColi(f): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
^^^ Biko tell them kiss
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
You'ar right.

We shouldn't vote base on our favourite politcal party,but the party that produce a good leader.
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tallesty1:
Try to get my point. Any party that produce the type of candidate we need should have our vote.
We should not vote blindly because the aspirant is from our favourite party.
PDP can produce a good person.
And if APC have one that is better, then so be it, Their candidate should be voted for.
The incumbent was voted in 2011 based on "Vote Jonathan not PDP" slogan, the result is Goodluck and PDP are one and the same as we are seeing today. A Party influences how a government is run. The PDP may have "good" people but being a good man is not enough for leadership. There are people at the corridors of power, members of kitchen cabinet and the party policy that greatly influence governance. Hope you get? This is why the party is also a factor in our electoral choice
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Tallesty1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
The incumbent was voted in 2011 based on "Vote Jonathan not PDP" slogan, the result is Goodluck and PDP are one and the same as we are seeing today. A Party influences how a government is run. The PDP may have "good" people but being a good man is not enough for leadership. There are people at the corridors of power, members of kitchen cabinet and the party policy that greatly influence governance. Hope you get? This is why the party is also a factor in our electoral choice
Ofcourse I get but where is the guarantee that APC do not have the Emboldened in them?

BTw I'm personally dislike Jonathan and I have never liked PDP.

APC haven't impressed me yet but thats not why I created this thread.

My point is, Nigerians should look beyond parties when chosing a leader.
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by cupidhero(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
These APC/PDP paid shills even suck at their jobs.imagine someone who claims to be patriotic wants us to vote a political party and then tell them to "sit up" or face the same fate the previous ones faced. why not tell these present party in power to sit up since you and you imaginary patriots now have the power to tell people in power to sit up. you couldn't even conceal your identity as a paid shill. so we should take the risk of wasting another decade so you can actually tell your this new party APC to sit up. i hate GEJ/PDP but APC and their member is not what nigerians need. The only souvenir you get from the politics section of this great forum is your tolerance for your neighbours religion will be affected without you even knowing it and hatred for a fellow tribe will increase two without you also being aware. you can try and see for yourself. we humans like lying to ourselves. check your heart and your soul and tell me you don't see an increase in your hatred for a fellow tribe once you spend longer time in the politics section. imagine this pal saying we should booth out PDP and bring APC into power and then booth them out again after thery fail. i only see a storm coming and we all know change lives far from here.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by mesoade(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nigerians are very gullible i tell you . . If we should vote based on candidates,then APC and PDP candidates that have since been produced are not eligible to lead us,but unfortunately the best candidate might not have the best party to campaign and win.
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 21, 2014
In summary,we should vote for people,and not party..

Op,am with you on this. Till we come collectively to fight for our right,and elect a leader who has the interest of the people at heart,regardless of his political party,then we can forge ahead in this country...
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
if all this could happen then it will be a perfect nigeria
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by herald9: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bunsky:
You'ar right.

We shouldn't vote base on our favourite politcal party,but the party that produce a good leader.

What are you saying?
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Tallesty1(m): 5:34am On Nov 22, 2014
Yomieluv:
In summary,we should vote for people,and not party..

Op,am with you on this. Till we come collectively to fight for our right,and elect a leader who has the interest of the people at heart,regardless of his political party,then we can forge ahead in this country...

Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2014
To y'all waxing so lyrical about being patriotic and voting 'good' people bla bla bla.. I have a little question:

How many of you here voted or woulda voted for Gani Fawehinmi in 03, Pat Utomi in 07, and even Nuhu Ribadu in 11 despite them seeming to be in all intents & purposes good men with a genuine interest in changing our nation?

Most of you here would gladly cast your ballot for a 'big' man rather than that unknown who wants to serve the Fatherland with everything he's got. Or am i lying
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by 9jii(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2014
FIGHT CORRUPTION AND I'M SUPPORTING GMB.
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2014
To be sincere, I thought we have more than 2 political parties in Nigeria. I know some of these parties are tribalised already but we still have some that have not been tribalised.

GEJ and GMB are not the right persons for us. Their political parties and the chaos so far has shown innumerically that these people are evil and bias.

How can an APC partisan tell me that a PDP partisan is bad, when he got all his fame and money from the latter.

How can an APC member, who has a very long track record of being a religious and tribal bigot, come tomorrow and tell me he wants to rule "one Nigeria"?

How will I vote for someone who promised me constant power 3years ago, but can only tell me "we have reached all-time high"?

How will I vote for someone who cannot quell fire in his backyard?

How will I vote for someone who doesn't like my religion and tribe. Who will not think for a second to remove me from this planet?

How will I vote for cluelessness?

How will I vote for an old man, who's active years are way behind him?

How will I vote for a man, who promised me violence if he doesn't win election?

How will I vote for a liar?

How will I vote for parties whose member fly from one party to another because of interest?

How will I vote for someone who left a party for another party and try to cause chaos in a country?

These men are evil, they have bad intentions. They are not mentors to new generation of thinkers and achievers. They cannot unleash words that will make the man on the street feel good.
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by pickabeau1: 10:47am On Dec 08, 2014
Saw your shared post from xzcapist

Tallesty1

Do you believe all forms poverty is of the mind

If.so why
Re: What Nigerians Need, What Are You Doing To Help? by Tallesty1(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2014
pickabeau1:
Saw your shared post from xzcapist

Tallesty1

Do you believe all forms poverty is of the mind

If.so why

I will get back to you lera

(1) (Reply)

Senator J. J. Akpanudoedehe And Akwa Ibom People – A Love Affair! / Obasanjo Praises Gani Fawehinmi, Rubbishes Soyinka, Chukwumerije In New Book / APC Antirigging Group Gombe Chapter Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.