Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (28643 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by ochejoseph(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2015
Most Nigerians have expressed  shock and disappointment  over the apparent failure of the INEC card readers to capture about half off the PVC'S presented during the Mock Elections. 

The Most frightening event took place in Kano where large numbers of the mock voters could not be accredited due to battery issue, machine problems and technical Know- how of the staff, had this happened during the Feb 14 general elections the story might have been very different. 

One hopes that INEC Will be able to fix the glitch before the main event! 

Here is what Nigerians are saying about the exercise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by ochejoseph(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2015
Cont

1 Like

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 8:03am On Mar 08, 2015
Hahahahaha!

This was the exact thing I told the INEC official training us. Its quite funny that its revealing itself now. These card readers can fuel violence more than the normal ones we're using.

How can you explain to a man that registered in a polling unit that his thumb print cannot be identified or he's not supposed be in a polling unit? And you say the verification process will only span for 4hours. Some of these voters are touts and have low tolerance level.

I told him, if any tout just carry kitchen knife not to talk of gun, I go give am everything to thumb print on. I go even call am winner.

Better correct this mistake now before the D-day.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 08, 2015
is a mock election for Pete Sake so 100% success shouldn't be expected. The test was successful here in lagos but failed in kano, inec will now have to work their _asses out to identify the cause of the card reader failure in Kano so that necessary corrections can be implemented.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm because inec still have about 20 days to make their necessary corrections

33 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:
Hahahahaha!

This was the exact thing I told the INEC official training us. Its quite funny that its revealing itself now. These card readers can fuel violence more than the normal ones we're using.

How can you explain to a man that registered in a polling unit that his thumb print cannot be identified or he's not supposed be in a polling unit? And you say the verification process will only span for 4hours. Some of these voters are touts and have low tolerance level.

I told him, if any tout just carry kitchen knife not to talk of gun, I go give am everything to thumb print on. I go even call am winner.

if indeed you are a inec official, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you just posted. How can you libel the organization you are suppose to work for in this bad manner? Smh

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by hucienda: 8:12am On Mar 08, 2015
hmmm... these issues had better be resolved- to avoid possible chaos... I gotta ranch to protect! angry

1 Like

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
if indeed you are a inec official, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you just posted. How can you libel the organization you are suppose to work for in this bad manner? Smh

I am not an inec official. I am one of the adhoc staffs recruited for this process. But I tell you, when u see possible mistakes, you can't help but say it.

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by gsalvatore: 8:22am On Mar 08, 2015
I find it difficult to believe it was 100% successful in Lagos while it was not in Kano and other states. There has to be some level of coverup over there in Lagos( this is Niaja).

Imagine these thing happening if the election held on Feb 14, the voters will revolt oooo..they are not wired to understand all those shits about the card reader and they will be screaming APC or PDP or YDP have rigged the election.

INEC better rectify all this glitches before then..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by ITbomb(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
It is people like you that blocks the progress of this country, so because you are in a system and you notice flaws, you keep quiet to avoid libel right?

Sycophants like you surround politicians and everything they say or do, good or bad is right in your eyes.
I supports Jonathan but I if the government mess up I say it. When government showed lackadaisical attitude towards the Chibok girls and Boko Haram, I was part of the #bringbackourgirls but today I'm celebrating the military success and like always GEJ till 2019.

144 Likes 15 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:

I am not an inec official. I am one of the adhoc staffs recruited for this process. But I tell you, when u see possible mistakes, you can't help but say it.
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by januzaj(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2015
ko kan aye
the flaws ll be corrected before election
#wemustusecardreaders

GMB 2015

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by RYANAYO(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by igbsam(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2015
I don't comment on Sundays. But we must use Card Reader o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by seunfly: 9:09am On Mar 08, 2015
Check the names of the people who are complaining then you will understand which side the complaint they belong.

11 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by LordMecuzy(m): 9:10am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:

the way u laffed b4 responding shows that you are not one of those recruited bro.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by LordMecuzy(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day

Broda you even tried responding to that fellow.. No INEC adhoc staff would respond that way...

2 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Kayendy(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2015
Hehehheheh

Land for sale

Just for 5k only
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by hardbody: 9:12am On Mar 08, 2015
I dont care what uou guys do or dont do in terms of the elections but i am only wondering why GEJ was being castigated for the shift in date if this is the state of readiness 2 weeks after shift.

Make your point do not attack me. I am for neither of them and dont even have a card nor was i registered.

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by steadymind(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2015
We hope the flaws can be corrected before the elections> thats the only way our votes will count, Without Card readers both leading parties will stuff the ballot boxes. It will be a case of, Who can outrig who.

1 Like

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by crym: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2015
Ur a fool
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:

I am also an INEC adhoc staff; dat is y itz called a MOCK election. Stop potraying INEC CARD reader in a bad way. The innovation of using card readers 4 verifiation is to have a free and fair election at all cost.

10 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by seunfly: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is a mock election for Pete Sake so 100% success shouldn't be expected. The test was successful here in lagos but failed in kano, inec will now have to work their _asses out to identify the cause of the card reader failure in Kano so that necessary corrections can be implemented.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm because inec still have about 20 days to make their necessary corrections

I knew this will happen because the first set of finger print scanner (2011 registration) was not sensitive enough so INEC adoch manipulated the scanner by rubbing the fingers of the people on the scanner, this will pick but not the real finger prints. That was why I said it some times ago that it will not favour that northerners also as PDP is trying to stop the card just to find away to favour them self.

2 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
You must be an e-diot.
Why attacking the young man for saying the truth?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by djfiki: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Although inec blamed the presidency and military for election postponement, its obvious they were not ready and neither are they ready now.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by D9ty7(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Bro, even on a sunday morning you still dey yarn this?
Have you thought about if the elections had been held of February 14th?
Lets say the truth abeg.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Aspireahead(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2015
anyone who believes this election wont be rowdy especially in the North is living in dreamland. Imagine what the major headlines in newspapers will be now if this was to be the major election.
The card reader has flaws..even Inec has said so. According to one of the Inec staff their were many errors in the process of registration that some fingerprints had to be delected from Inec database.
God help us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by D9ty7(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:
Hahahahaha!

Like seriously, you did have a point there.
But the bolded got me laughing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by anwo247: 9:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Hope Sai Buhari Brigade can see this..

Inec was actually not ready to conduct election. JEGA was only ready to announce ........... as a winner

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by kingdodo1(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have st
arted speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
had it been u ar an adhoc staff nd u went for d trainin as we did, u will b d first to condemn d card reader.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2015
Whichever way, its all non of my business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha: I Felt Like Singing National Anthem When Obama Called Buhari ‘man... / Kukah’s Attack On Buhari Draws More Criticism, Backing / Davido Congratulates Soludo On Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.