Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... (7042 Views)

Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward Complains ” This Is Not The Nigeria I Was Expecting” / "i Love Nigeria" T-shirt Wanted By Usa Visitor / How Do I Get To Guinea From Nigeria I Need Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:
I visit NIGERIA to see my parents every year. Like I have repeatedly said....the day they decide or agree to move permanently that's it except the kids push for it.

I don't like Nigeria and like you stated in that post of yours you are trying so hard to defend (not that I know why) I believe Nigeria is useless.

I can vent alright but the one thing I have never said to people I love or a country I love is ....."I pretend to love you when there are people around".

I get it...no need trying to justify your post about calling the same nation you claim to love useless and also claimed you pretend to love.

No biggie. I only quoted that post to remind you of what you used your own fingers to type.

My parents and all my siblings and nieces and nephews are in the USA but I will be in Nigeria soon
Go figure
Anyway

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

Well I love my roots
I don't like the frustrations in Nigeria ,that is clear.
My parents and all my siblings and nieces and nephews are in the USA but I will be in Nigeria soon
Go figure

lol. Anyways ....Cool that your parents are with you. My parents find Obodo Oyibo boring and staying for 3 months sef is too much for them. All they do is visit, see their kids and grand kids and return to Nigeria. We keep our end of the bargain by visiting them too preferably Christmas and like you I will be in Nigeria in a few weeks time visiting MY lovely PARENTS.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

lol. Anyways ....Cool that your parents are with you. My parents find Obodo Oyibo boring and staying for 3 months sef is too much for them. All they do is visit, see their kids and grand kids and return to Nigeria. We keep our end of the bargain by visiting them too preferably Christmas and like you I will be in Nigeria in a few weeks time visiting MY lovely PARENTS.

They came mainly for medical care anyway but We decided to keep them longer
Both of them had major surgeries done ,wouldn't have been possible in Nigeria without stories of " with gratitude to God for a life well spent" they are now ok thank God
They have been itching to go and when Ebola surfaced it was a good excuse to keep them longer
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

They came mainly for medical care anyway but I decided to keep them longer
Both of them had surgeries done but are now ok thank God
They have been itching to go and when Ebola surfaced it was a good excuse to keep them longer

....and God will continue to bless them with good health.

Later everyone

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 22, 2014
If u love Nigeria... live in Nigeria or at least don't acquire other citizenships. If not, you are a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Only two women's post am seeing here.....comparing themselves ...e bad shaaa undecided

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:38am On Nov 22, 2014
ferdimako:
If u love Nigeria... live in Nigeria or at least don't acquire other citizenships. If not, you are a hypocrite.
Nah........it doesn't mean.........ignorance caused what u typed ....only if u understand the meaning of acquiring citizenship in other countries ....u won't type that☝
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 22, 2014
austino71:

Nah........it doesn't mean.........ignorance caused what u typed ....only if u understand the meaning of acquiring citizenship in other countries ....u won't type that☝
Explain...u the expert. Each time u use other identities to get to where other Nigerians can not reach and u come around and claim u love Nigeria more than those who make do with what medical situation etc we have. I'm not saying u are wrong but u don't have d right to be singing patriotic songs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Hotstepper(f): 2:58am On Nov 22, 2014
As some people would say, " u won't have opportunity to be in heaven nd decide to stay in hell". In a nutshell, majority of Nigerians love Nigeria but in one way or another, Nigeria does not Favour them and they leave to try elsewhere (more developed nations). Now, I won't equate that to be dat they hate Nigeria.

After growing up abroad, got married nd moved to naija. Believe me, I can count how many times we had power supply in the city we lived in. In both of my pregnancies, it was almost terminated cuz of wrong medications.

Afterall, citizens of developed countries still leave their country of origin in search of jobs elsewhere. In recent times, there has been an influx of Americans in Canada for citizenship nd work, so does that mean they hate US, likewise Canadian etc
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Hotstepper:
As some people would say, " u won't have opportunity to be in heaven nd decide to stay in hell". In a nutshell, majority of Nigerians love Nigeria but in one way or another, Nigeria does not Favour them and they leave to try elsewhere (more developed nations). Now, I won't equate that to be dat they hate Nigeria.

After growing up abroad, got married nd moved to naija. Believe me, I can count how many times we had power supply in the city we lived in. In both of my pregnancies, it was almost terminated cuz of wrong medications.

Afterall, citizens of developed countries still leave their country of origin in search of jobs elsewhere. In recent times, there has been an influx of Americans in Canada for citizenship nd work, so does that mean they hate US, likewise Canadian etc
Yea...u lose the right to claim u are patriotic..patriotism is like marriage...in good and in bad times u are in for the union. You can't run when things are bad and turn back when ur abandoned son has made money and claim a good mum...oh ur father drove me. No no ...we are not accepting that version...u can't water it down.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Hotstepper(f): 3:09am On Nov 22, 2014
I disagree. It cannot put it side by side with marriage. You are not only patriotic about your country when you are in the country period.

ferdimako:

Yea...u lose to right to claim u are patriotic..patriotism is like marriage...in good and in bad times u are in for the union. You can't run when things are bad and turn back when ur abandoned son has made money and claim a good mum...oh ur father drove me. No no ...we are not accepting that version...u can't water it down.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Hotstepper:

I disagree. It cannot put it side by side with marriage. You are not only patriotic about your country when you are in the country period.

That is what makes u a patriot. What will pple who didn't move say or claim? I remember Clinton being interviewed why he allowed Chelsea to go to a private university in the same America.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 22, 2014
ferdimako:

Yea...u lose to right to claim u are patriotic..patriotism is like marriage...in good and in bad times u are in for the union. You can't run when things are bad and turn back when ur abandoned son has made money and claim a good mum...oh ur father drove me. No no ...we are not accepting that version...u can't water it down.

Well said. Patriotism is all about swearing allegiance to your country...dont swear allegiance to another country and come here and talk about patriotism. You are a joke

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 22, 2014
Let me just siddown in one corner with my popcorn and coke cool
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by holyboss: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Spread mat for angle 90 to watch in 3D sad

Jenny u care for some popcorn undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by tdayof(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
holyboss:
Spread mat for angle 90 to watch in 3D sad

Jenny u care for some popcorn undecided
abeg shift for me too grin

2 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by holyboss: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
tdayof:
abeg shift for me too grin
Am sorry bro undecided I can't shift cos I hate disturbance lipsrsealed undecided

If you care to watch, grab d cash parceled wit ds post and go get a mat for urself tongue

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
There is one Nairalander so far I know is a true Patriot...Ishilove. This Nairalander I believe has the resources to leave Nigeria but has chosen not to...why? because she believes she can never be happy anywhere else but Nigeria. If Ishilove wants to travel out for a visit, I am sure she would apply for a visa on her Nigerian Passport, go for her holiday and come back. I believe she will even birth her children in Nigeria...that's a true patriot and only such people have the right to call themselves that. The day she decides to relocate for a better life, I will take that 'patriotship' medal from her.

Many Nigerians are dual Nationals. For example those carrying american, british, australian, canadian and european passport....when the one with american wants to visit the netherlands, they use their american passport why? because it gives them easier access. Same goes with the others. The only time I remember my Nigerian passport is when I arrive in Nigeria and show it to the custom officers waiting for bribe. I would be deceiving myself if I called myself a patriot...patriot si gini melu (say wetin happen)?

Many nollywood stars marry men based outside Nigeria. Mercy Johnson got blasted a few years ago after she had her first child in the US. She went to get her daughter's Nigerian passport in Atlanta or so can't remember was well treated, she came out saying she was proud to be a Nigerian and bla bla bla but this same person ran away from that same Nigerian to have a baby in the USand has done same with her second child. Ini edo married an american husband got herself a green card and is in the process of divorcing her husband...that one has secured her future....if Boko haram crace reach her backyard, she would run away with her green card. Uche Jumbo....that one married an American. Kate Henshaw married a French though divorced...these same people are die hard Naija fans...for the whole Nigeria with all the hot looking men there them no find husbands?

make we continue deceiving ourselves

3 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by justi4jesu(f): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
suxes2005:
Aunty Jenny is here again.

Okay, I also love Nigeria BUT I just want to make
a 100 million dolls before going home smiley

justijesu loves Nigeria as well smiley

~ Sheyi

Sheyi leave me oh.....i love Nigeria but i schooled in France...

#TeamiloveNigeria# BUT........ grin

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

Sheyi leave me oh.....i love Nigeria but i schooled in France...

#TeamiloveNigeria# BUT........ grin

Sheyi wey don divorce you since tey tey. grin

Continue BUTinggg there
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by quantumphysics(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

Continue BUTinggg there

oya come adopt me sharpaly sharpaly make i get aussie kpali.... aunty jenny plisss ooooooh....... grin grin grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
I just googled these oaths for citizenship. AFter swearing this kain Oath person will tell me they are proud patriotic Nigerians

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

Oath

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Australia

From this time forward, under God,
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,
whose democratic beliefs I share,
whose rights and liberties I respect, and
whose laws I will uphold and obey.

Canada

I swear (or affirm)
That I will be faithful
And bear true allegiance
To Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second
Queen of Canada
Her Heirs and Successors
And that I will faithfully observe
The laws of Canada
And fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
quantumphysics:

oya come adopt me sharpaly sharpaly make i get aussie kpali.... aunty jenny plisss ooooooh....... grin grin grin

I only speak Latin. I can't understand you grin

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by quantumphysics(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

I only speak Latin. I can't understand you grin
chaiii... so u wan leave me to kontinue my suffer suffer........ diaris goduuooooooh diaris goduoooooh... oya if u no wan adopt me, make u marry me as second husband grin grin grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Netherlands

“I swear (declare) that I respect the constitutional rules of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, her freedoms and rights and swear that I faithfully will fulfil the duties that [the] citizenship entail”[2]

So help me god almighty [Zo waarlijk helpe mij God almachtig]

or

I declare and promise that [Dat verklaar en beloof ik]”
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by justi4jesu(f): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

Continue BUTinggg there

Madam why putting sand in my ijebu garri..

Sheyi case na moimoi case where i dey.

BUT.......... grin grin grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
justi4jesu:

Madam why putting sand in my ijebu garri..

Sheyi case na moimoi case where i dey.

BUT.......... grin grin grin

You and sheyi need to get a room. grin. The chemistry is too strong.

BUT grin ....Shey has his eyes on Ethiopian women in SA grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
quantumphysics:
chaiii... so u wan leave me to kontinue my suffer suffer........ diaris goduuooooooh diaris goduoooooh... oya if u no wan adopt me, make u marry me as second husband grin grin grin

I only speak Latin grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Hotstepper(f): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
One Okoye is British born by da way

jennykadry:
There is one Nairalander so far I know is a true Patriot...Ishilove. This Nairalander I believe has the resources to leave Nigeria but has chosen not to...why? because she believes she can never be happy anywhere else but Nigeria. If Ishilove wants to travel out for a visit, I am sure she would apply for a visa on her Nigerian Passport, go for her holiday and come back. I believe she will even birth her children in Nigeria...that's a true patriot and only such people have the right to call themselves that. The day she decides to relocate for a better life, I will take that 'patriotship' medal from her.

Many Nigerians are dual Nationals. For example those carrying american, british, australian, canadian and european passport....when the one with american wants to visit the netherlands, they use their american passport why? because it gives them easier access. Same goes with the others. The only time I remember my Nigerian passport is when I arrive in Nigeria and show it to the custom officers waiting for bribe. I would be deceiving myself if I called myself a patriot...patriot si gini melu (say wetin happen)?

Many nollywood stars marry men based outside Nigeria. Mercy Johnson got blasted a few years ago after she had her first child in the US. She went to get her daughter's Nigerian passport in Atlanta or so can't remember was well treated, she came out saying she was proud to be a Nigerian and bla bla bla but this same person ran away from that same Nigerian to have a baby in the USand has done same with her second child. Ini edo married an american husband got herself a green card and is in the process of divorcing her husband...that one has secured her future....if Boko haram crace reach her backyard, she would run away with her green card. Uche Jumbo....that one married an American. Kate Henshaw married a French though divorced...Oge okoye married a brit.....these same people are die hard Naija fans...for the whole Nigeria with all the hot looking men there them no find husbands?

make we continue deceiving ourselves
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mistake with oge okoye...okay she was born in London. I will cross her name off the list
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by suxes2005(m): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

You and sheyi need to get a room. grin. The chemistry is too strong.

BUT grin ....Shey has his eyes on Ethiopian women in SA grin

Lol.

Justi, aunty Jenny begged me on your behalf. I've forgiven you and let's
get back to our internet love tongue

I still don't get one thing about Nigeria, maybe its because of the
population that the govt can't seem to provide 24/7 power.

That only thing will give Nigeria some boost as some bix depends
on it. Imagine, going out of naija first time and enjoying 24/7 power
no rush to press your cloth...

For now, naija aint my way of life. To goan marry my baby mama
self dey do me somehow. (Justi, don't read this part).

Its well. Btw, one naija guy is having his bday parry and we're off
to the club. My first time tho'. smiley

~ Sheyi
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by pansophist(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:
I just googled these oaths for citizenship. AFter swearing this kain Oath person will tell me they are proud patriotic Nigerians

Canada

I swear (or affirm)
That I will be faithful
And bear true allegiance To Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second Queen of Canada
Her Heirs and Successors
And that I will faithfully observe
The laws of Canada
And fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

Because of passport, chai!

shocked shocked undecided lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Does "The Young And Chisco Transport Going To Abidjan Base / Arik Air Is A Hoax And A Scam! / The Evolving City Of Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.