Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... (7240 Views)

Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward Complains ” This Is Not The Nigeria I Was Expecting” / "i Love Nigeria" T-shirt Wanted By Usa Visitor / How Do I Get To Guinea From Nigeria I Need Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
pansophist:

Because of passport, chai!

shocked shocked undecided lipsrsealed

For a very powerful passport we can do anything..including wipe Queen Eliza's bum. grin

America's the most serious of them all...you are denying your identity with those powerful words
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by pansophist(m): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

For a very powerful passport we can do anything..including wipe Queen Eliza's bum. grin

America's the most serious of them all...you are denying your identity with those powerful words

One would have thought that the US does not support dual citizenship, because those powerful words of allegiance has totally rendered all other nationality insignificant.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Britain

Oath

I swear by almighty God that, on becoming a Bitish citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law.

So Coogar, r231, sagamite my sagamilo and all them brits all took this oath? Let me catch all your nyashes in Nigeria
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by r231(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:
Britain

Oath

I swear by almighty God that, on becoming a Bitish citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law.

So Coogar, r231, sagamite my sagamilo and all them brits all took this oath? Let me catch all your nyashes in Nigeria

grin cheesy grin

After xmas
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
r231:

grin cheesy grin

After xmas

You need to be deported back to the UK grin. Traitor. See as una sell una birth right for what? QUEEN Eliza's porridge grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by coogar: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:
Britain

Oath

i love nigeria - i will marry a nigerian.
what else is there to prove? jenny - take your time o. never ever question my love for nigeria. i am relocating next easter. grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
coogar:

i love nigeria - i will marry a nigerian.
what else is there to prove? jenny - take your time o. never ever question my love for nigeria. i am relocating next easter. grin

Relocate and lose all your contract money? The day you relocate will be the day I will do the Kanwulia's style...#freethelabia grin
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by coogar: 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
jennykadry:

Relocate and miss all your contract money? The day you relocate will be the day I will do the Kanwulia's style...#freethelabia grin

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by rolled: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2014
What I would never understand
Equating relocating abroad to a secured future /better life for kids,parents

In the oil and gas sector,most foreigners work here because of better pay
Yes better pay
Once their contract is ending,they don't ever want to go back,the keep searching here
Am sure they are not patriotic also
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Sagamite(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2014
jennykadry:
Britain

Oath

I was born here, baby.

No need for Oaths. tongue

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Sagamite(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2014
jennykadry:
I love Nigeria...I AM PROUD TO BE CALLED A NIGERIAN....But I am applying to study in Canada, UK, US, Australia, Europe.

I Love Nigeria but I want to have my baby in the US or Canada.

I love Nigeria but i need a visa to migrate to Tanzania, Zimbabwe, SA, Zambia.

Who are we f00ling? Isn't it hypocritical of the said lovers to want to move to another country for a better life? A life Nigeria could not offer them?

A nairalander sometime this week needed info on how to go about applying for a masters program in canada. This person is also a lover of Nigeria and wanted to know why I had much hatred for Nigeria and I told her its for the same reason she has chosen to study in canada instead of Nigeria.

People move around continents in search of fulfillment. Americans, Aussies, canadians, french, Germans, Brits e.t.c. and if push comes to shove their government will see to their well being anywhere they find themselves. They have ALMOST everything that us Nigerians can only dream about. Nigerians in my opinion leave the country for a better life. A life our country can never afford us even if we stayed abroad or returned to our country.

This brings me to one important question; are those who claim to love Nigeria yet chose to have their babies or education outside Nigeria hypocrites?

PS pardon my errors...I am mobile

I can understand the love of Nigeria, but I want these people to come and tell me what is there to be proud of and they are proud of in Nigeria.

I think such statements are usually just a big stamp on the forehead of intrinsic insecurities and inferiority complex masked with defiant pride.

4 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Jchi9876: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Sagamite:

I was born here, baby.

No need for Oaths. tongue

so
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Sagamite(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jchi9876:

so

So you can hate if you wanna hate. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
rolled:
What I would never understand
Equating relocating abroad to a secured future /better life for kids,parents

In the oil and gas sector,most foreigners work here because of better pay
Yes better pay
Once their contract is ending,they don't ever want to go back,the keep searching here
Am sure they are not patriotic also

For some people, pay does not really equal better life! cool Better life means better life, not more money.
I am not patriotic 1%, and I'm not even ashamed to say it,
I gave up on Naija a long time ago undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
alutacontinua:

For some people, pay does not really equal better life! cool Better life means better life, not more money.
I am not patriotic 1%, and I'm not even ashamed to say it,
I gave up on Naija a long time ago undecided
I love the honesty. It doesn't mean u don't have relatives in Nigeria, won't visit or live...but no right claiming proudly9ja! Shouting it out with hashtags and bullhorns. embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Bifwoli: 5:16am On Nov 24, 2014
I'm not Nigerian but I think its wrong to approach this issue as a purely like/dislike issue.Whether you like or dislike life in Nigeria is a moot point because us as Africans need to learn to approach things dispassionately in order to move ahead.You cannot put your emotions into everything otherwise you end up with wrong outcomes.Some of the hardest or best decisions need a dispassionate approach and there's a price to pay either way you decide.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by ifyalways(f): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2014
I love Nigeria, I live in Nigeria but am I proud of Nigeria ? Capital and resounding NO!!!

Thankfully, I've got "options" for which I'm eternally grateful to God. I wonder how life would actually look like if I were just stuck with Nigeria. cry

Still I love Naija. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2014
ifyalways:
I love Nigeria, I live in Nigeria but am I proud of Nigeria ? Capital and resounding NO!!!

Thankfully, I've got "options" for which I'm eternally grateful to God. I wonder how life would actually look like if I were just stuck with Nigeria. cry

Still I love Naija. kiss

Most pple who live in Nigeria (as they hope to get out) aren't but those who benefit from the rot claim to be..they aren't either. Those who are, know the system is bad but believe there could be a change in the future and make do with what they have. They are in minority and don't even shout I love 9ja etc.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
ifyalways:

Still I love Naija. kiss

Options? So you collect option for EU come dey tell me love? tongue
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by komek(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
babyosisi:

Deciding to live,school or have babies outside your homeland does not translate to hatred for your homeland.
yes I agree America or UK and the west In general has a lure for many people ,not just Nigerians,it doesn't mean they hate their homelands.
The number of Asians especially Indians and Chinese/ Korean would outnumber the Nigerians in the west tremendously and they move out here with every member of their families including their grandmothers but still proud of their heritage and country of birth.

I remember you writing that you grew up in Lagos,does that mean you hated Igboland?
I know your answer will be no
Your parents probably worked or ran a business in Lagos so you lived in Lagos and visited the East
Mine worked and ran their business in Igboland,so I lived in Igboland and visited Lagos
The problems many people have with Nigeria include the corruption,instability,bad healthcare,bad education systems.A woman giving birth in the UK or the USA has almost guaranteed chance of surviving the childbirth,it is not so in Nigeria.
Moreover an American citizenship confers one an advantage that a NigeLrian citizenship wouldn't so that makes it desirable.

In the 80s when the naira was stronger than the dollar,hardly anyone went to the USA to have their children
Very few went to the UK for childbirth or aspired to.people were not running away from Nigeria
Infact people who travelled out to study returned at the end of their studies to take up jobs in Nigeria.

Degrees from Nigeria outside of Nigeria are near worthless but a degree from the west,is coveted all over the world including in Nigeria.
A masters degree from the UK even if from one of those polytechnics turned university in London is preferred to one from UNILAG.

In a nutshell Nigeria has issues but many of us still love it dearly and proudly so
Personally if insecurity and lack of law enforcement wasn't an issue, and life was generally less stressful myself and many people I know wouldn't spend a day longer here.
There is no place like home.
I carry an American passport and love America but I will always be a Nigerian
I may not like what it has become but I love my country.

These are the type of things u used to say that made me one of ur fans not until u joined the Jarykandy abi na wetin that one call hersef.
U just spoke well and that is where I stand.

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by coogar: 2:10am On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:

the facts are out.....
https://www.nairaland.com/2015457/us-embassy-receives-220000-visa#28349582

jenny, you are so right. all the people that have argued against your facts have been secretly applying for US visas all this while.

3 Likes

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2014
komek:

These are the type of things u used to say that made me one of ur fans not until u joined the Jarykandy abi na wetin that one call hersef.
U just spoke well and that is where I stand.
Story.

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by komek(m): 11:18am On Nov 26, 2014
ferdimako:

Story.

for the gods abi. second class citizen.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 26, 2014
komek:

Haha..u wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
coogar:

the facts are out.....

jenny, you are so right. all the people that have argued against your facts have been secretly applying for US visas all this while.

Say no more. sad 220k visa application?

I can guarantee you that half of these people are on nairaland flying their patriot flag.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
komek:

Second class citizen better pass you.

1 Like

Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by komek(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:

Second class citizen better pass you.

If i hear.
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:

Say no more. sad 220k visa application?

I can guarantee you that half of these people are on nairaland flying their patriot flag.
haha
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by ifyalways(f): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2014
jennykadry:

LOOOOOOL

Who dash me? Na Togo option cheesy
Re: I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
coogar:

the facts are out.....

But 220k is very small compared to the supposed 40m adult population in the country out of an estimated 120m population

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Tricycle Riders Union Responds To Accusation Against Enugu Government / Lagos Blue Rail Line Schedule From Today With 25% Fare Discount / Lagos State Govt Calls For Collection Of Unclaimed Drivers’ Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.