Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Its Nigerian Politics And I Don't Know What To Call It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Nigerian Politics And I Don't Know What To Call It (374 Views)

Jumia Reportedly Sacks 30% Of Its Nigerian Workers On Short Notice / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / I know what pained the people - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Its Nigerian Politics And I Don't Know What To Call It by senexy(f): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2014
So i have been meaning to write this for a while now, earlier this week i went to see a friend in ikeja and i stayed quiet late but on my way back i realized that the roads that my taxi had just passed earlier in the day has now been transformed into a market, it was late it should be the end of the day, i mean this people should be in their houses kicking back and resting, spending time with family and then it hit me no one works as hard as we do, we Nigerians keep pushing day in day out, working our butts off hoping for that day that it would eventually pay off and sincerely it is a very depressing thought, i mean we work so hard and the level of poverty has refused to go down, just because you worked extra hard yesterday does not mean that you can stay back home to rest today, God forbid that you do your family go chop sand?

That's just part one o, so we all know that the voters registration ended on Wednesday right? Well it took me like 8 hours to get my voters slip and between that period i saw a fellow Nigerian get slapped just because he was trying to do the right thing and no one lifted a finger, a thug practically took over and became the law at the registration center, collecting bribes and deciding who to let through and do you know the funny part, the INEC officials that were there just sat back and pretty much left us to our fates and then people got talking, they were like if it was this hard and humiliating to register how bad would the elections be and right there and then i swear people just gave up on the whole process, i mean why go through all this drama if you end up being powerless, helpless and less than a human being but on the bright side i guess we all ended up with a means of identification right? Oh and not taking sides but one huge political part has been accusing the other of trying to sabotage the elections and now i sort of agree, why would you give a whole estate just one registration center on the last day of registration, some people got there 12 midnight and still did not leave before 9 pm if that's not frustrating tell me what is.

And then the icing on the cake happened yesterday, now i don't know much about government but i thought that the 3 arms of government were established for checks and balances and not so that one can dictate or control the other, i don't know the full details but the pictures were pretty damning and it is a new level of low in Nigerian politics, the president was turning up and NASS members were busy scaling the gate, some people still had the nerve to spin it into a political propaganda spewing nonsense up and down, others saw it has a huge joke, some could not be bothered, some sat behind their mobile phones and condemned the action. There has been lots more going on too that i just cant be bothered to mention e.g pensioner's pensions being embezzled case in point NPF, boko haram killing thousands of people like its nothing, increase in the cost of living i mean you work your butt off and still have to keep doing it if you don't want to starve, gross injustice, embezzlement have now run into the tune of billions of dollars, retirees dragging bank to court for payment of entitlements case in point mainstreet bank, electricity supply that has refused to be stable i swear i don't see where all their so called mega watts is entering i guess its still the same old NEPA just with a different name, the fuel subsidy removal that we are still yet to feel its benefits, modern day slavery i'm talking about graduates working as contract staffs in organisation or employed graduates who make the life changing sum of 15 k per month don't worry they will soon be millionaires *oh i'm been sarcastic*, the whole bring back our girls bruhaha (are the girls missing, do they exist, were they ever missing, where are they, who will bring them back, will the ever come back? questions plenty) the list is endless and you can Google to confirm or find out more information

The point is it would suck for you has a Nigerian if 2015 comes and you don't at-least try to make a change, it would be pretty depressing if things like this go on for another 4 years, some Nigerians have short term memory loss they get a little change and they ''forget'' the past history of the candidates they are campaigning for, they turn a blind eye and begin to spew political propaganda know that, that change you were paid will finish before the end of 4 years and if the wrong candidate wins because of you we will all bear the consequences together and also remember that everything you are paid and bribed with is your right, because that money came from the national cake that you were supposed to have access to if these so called politicians had done the right thing, so see it as Gods way of giving you your own slice without you lifting a finger. 4 years can be very long or short depending on the quality of life that you have so please let us all think deeply on what we ought to do.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmakers Sign President Jonathan’s Impeachment Notice / Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity As New Gas Price Takes Effect December 1 / Pdp & Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.