Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? (670 Views)

Thanksgiving In Rivers For Wike!: Who Is Fooling Who? / This Story We Are Hearing From Spain Is Disturbing. Here Is The News :( / Who's Fooling Who In Nigeria Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by Youngsage: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
It’s amazing how some people can easily shift from being full time politicians to full time Christians or whatever religion they claim to profess at the onset of election campaigns. To such politicians, no one, including God, matters once elected into one position or the other.
Their common refrain is usually ‘We’ re busy, we hold meetings everyday and there is hardly anytime left for religious activities.’ But immediately their tenure is about to expire, they suddenly re-discover God.
That is when you see them in all kinds of religious houses.
You then wonder whether their highly tight schedules shrank to accommodate God or daily hours extended to serve their interests.
They pontificate and say all sorts of rubbish to link themselves to God forgetting that there is God ooo... You hear them telling anyone that cares to listen that God is asking them to either re-contest or contest for bigger positions after due consultations with Him. It doesn’t matter if they are being tried for theft, corruption, murder or any other despicable criminal offence.
Some will even publicly claim that God
has assured them of victory. Interestingly, some people believe them. That shouldn’t surprise anyone especially
in a religious environment like ours where most people act as zombie.

I laugh at them. They think they can just use God’s name to legitimize their selfish and inordinate ambition. One of them who defected from one political party to another simply because he wanted to become a governor at all cost once assured his supporters that he heard from God that he would be the next governor of a state in the South West. Even after analyzing the situation and telling his supporters that their leader had no chance of being nominated as the flag bearer of his party for the election not to talk of becoming governor, they didn’t believe. Well as predicted, he was not even nominated by his party as a governorship candidate to contest in an election. So who is fooling who? There is
another Speaker in one of the South West states now telling the state assembly staff members that God has instructed him to contest as governor.
Very soon, we will know who is speaking whether it is God or his inordinate ambition.
But for now, let politicians know that God Is not mocked. In fact, they should know that they are too far from this God who they can’t obey even when he gives them simple instructions such as don’t steal or don’t kill. He doesn’t waste his time on disobedient folks. And even if he is loving to a fault, he won’t want to sanction another round of looting and embezzlement of public funds and the murder of his creatures by any heartless politician.

Source
Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by sammoe(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
you don't know the god they serve...
Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by wunderkiind(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2014
hmm...
Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by Atk1nson(m): 9:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Youngsage:
It’s amazing how some people can easily shift from being full time politicians to
The lie of promising us a better life is stale now, they need a new script for d play.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by misshoree(f): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Youngsage,I saw ur mail,but I cnt reply.I have a P with my mailbox
Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by teewai3(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
hi, hw u doing?
Re: Politicians Hearing From God, Who’s Fooling Who? by Youngsage: 12:21am On Dec 15, 2014
misshoree:
Yungsage,I saw ur mail,but I cnt reply.I have a P with my mailbox
Alright, its okayy. Sowi abt ur mail ish... Hope u're good tho. Takia smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Kogi State University Lecturer Killed / Lagos PDP Chieftains Defect To APC / Uduaghan Dedicates Exco Chamber Of New Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.