Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory (2909 Views)

Buhari's Claim That Boko Haram Is ‘Not Holding Any Territory’ Exaggerated / Photos: GEJ Returns From The US / GEJ Celebrates Obj's Final Exit From PDP (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:16am On Nov 22, 2014
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan said Friday in London that the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces and security agencies were working very hard to ensure that Boko Haram do not capture more Nigerian territories.

Speaking at the opening of the meeting of Nigeria’s Honorary International Investment Council (HIIC), President Jona-than assured the gathering that the Armed Forces and security agencies were making steady gains in recovering areas recently taken by Boko Haram.

His remarks, however, underscored the menace of the insurgents who have been seizing Nigerian towns and killing Nigerians. It has been so bad that for a short period that no Nigerian town fell to the insurgents the President had some relief. And he indicated that in his remarks in London.
Said he: “We are improving on security. For about a week now there have been no reports of Boko Haram seizing more territories. Rather, we are steadily pushing them back. The impression being created by sections of the media that the situation is worsening is not true. I can assure you that it will never get worse,” President Jona-than told the gathering.

The President also seized the opportunity of the occasion to call for greater support from the National Assembly for the Federal Government’s efforts to curb terrorism, insurgency and insecurity in the country.
He told members of the council headed by Baroness Lynda Chalker that he had offered himself as a candidate in Nigeria’s next presidential elections because he was convinced that with four more years in office, he will be able to further consolidate the positive national reforms initiated by his adminis-tration and take them to a point of irreversibility for the good of all Nigerians.

“As you already know, I have indicated my willingness to carry on for another four years if I am given the opportunity so that we can carry forward some of the reforms we have been talking about,” the President said.
He cited the expansion of transportation infrastru-cture, improvement of local content in Nigeria’s oil industry, more inclusive economic growth, job creation and national security which are on the agenda of the meeting as some of the areas in which his administration still hoped to achieve further improvements.

“We cannot move the economy forward without good infrastructure. We have been working very hard in that area. We have improved our road network significantly. In the next three to four years, we should be able to resurface almost all federal roads in the country and begin new ones.
“We are improving our airport terminals and aviation security. Reforms are also ongoing at our ports to drastically reduce the time required for import clearance formalities.
“In the rail sector, we may require private sector funds to quicken the pace of development. Our goal is to link all state capitals by rail. It may not be an objective that can be achieved by a single administration, but we want to lay a solid foundation that others can build on.

“We are also promoting the increase of local content in our oil industry, because that is the only way in which our people will benefit more from the industry and begin to see themselves as true stakeholders who need to protect and help in the development of our oil and gas resources,” President Jonathan said.

He thanked Baroness Chalker and other members of the council for their valuable advice to the Federal Government over the years. The meeting later went into a closed door session to receive briefings, updates and presentations from relevant ministers and council members.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/nigerian-territory-fallen-boko-haram-one-week-jonathan-celebrates-london/

PHOTO:
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN (R) AND THE COUNCIL CO-ORDINATOR, HONOURARY INTERNATIONAL INVESTOR COUNCIL (HIIC), BARONESS LYNDA CHALKER, AT THE 17TH HIIC MEETING IN LONDON

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2014
President Jonathan presiding over the 17th meeting of Nigeria's Honorary International Investors Council meeting in London, Friday .

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2014
President Jonathan exchanging pleasantries with members of Nigeria's Honorary International Investor Council during the council's 17th Meeting in London, Friday

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:18am On Nov 22, 2014
President Jonathan exchanging pleasantries with members of Nigeria's Honorary International Investor Council during the council's 17th Meeting in London, Friday

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:18am On Nov 22, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan Being Welcomed By Nigerians During His Arrival For The Honourary International Investor Council (Hiic) Meeting, Friday

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:19am On Nov 22, 2014
Meanwhile, before President Jonathan left for London, he decorated the new Chief Justice of tbe Federation, Justice Mahmud Muhammed with GCON National Honours Award during his swearing in ceremony at the Presidential Villa, Thursday

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:21am On Nov 22, 2014
L-R: VP Sambo, New Chief Justice of the Federation Justice Mahmud Muhammed, President Jonathan and outgoing CJN Justice Aloma Muktar during the swearing in of the new CJN at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ceo4eva: 5:23am On Nov 22, 2014
More photos...

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by pelvicky(m): 5:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Let the transformation agenda continue joor.

One good term deserve another...
"Go on so'un....le kan si"
meaning, rule us one more time....it is destiny for you to leave aso rock at the age of 61

we are behind you
Gej till 2019

9 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by phlemzy: 5:37am On Nov 22, 2014
Nigerian president must have attended this meeting with the highest number of people in his convoy as usual despite the dwindling financial reserve of the country. Nigerians are really yearning for change!

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by lilprinze: 5:53am On Nov 22, 2014
GEJ till 2019 haters can continue hating till infinity

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by fitzmayowa: 5:55am On Nov 22, 2014
Bashing, name calling

Loading...95%

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by fitzmayowa: 6:00am On Nov 22, 2014
phlemzy:
Nigerian president must have attended this meeting with the highest number of people in his convoy as usual despite the dwindling financial reserve of the country. Nigerians are really yearning for change!

He shouldn't attend the meeting Because the reserve is dwindling as you claimed I guess he should stop all official function(s) because of the dwindling reserve then...

I just wonder the kind of opposition we have in this country...SMH

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by omenka(m): 6:09am On Nov 22, 2014
What a raw dose of putrid garbage this early saturday morning.

#Back to watching House of Cards. cool

If you ain't watched that series then you know nothing about politics.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by bitterpenis(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2014
So Femi Otedola fit do without him custom white attire
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by mrofficial(m): 6:21am On Nov 22, 2014
The picture below, I'm sure the woman was like "How clueless can a president be?" grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by bigtt76(f): 6:53am On Nov 22, 2014
This new CJN ...how many days or weeks before his tenure ends? angry He's looking so old and frail. This government shaaa ...den just wan kill porsin father o!

ceo4eva:
L-R: VP Sambo, New Chief Justice of the Federation Justice Mahmud Muhammed, President Jonathan and outgoing CJN Justice Aloma Muktar during the swearing in of the new CJN at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by bigtt76(f): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Hahahaha ...isn't that a bottle of kai-kai before the president? grin badt guy

mrofficial:
The picture below, I'm sure the woman was like "How clueless can a president be?" grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by mrofficial(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2014
bigtt76:
Hahahaha ...isn't that a bottle of kai-kai before the president? grin badt guy

Hahaha. It looks so. Seaman Gin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2014
mrofficial:
Next time you wanna post a comment concerning our otuoke lord,make sure you ask me what's on my mind.
Damn! You just beat me to that! Was about saying the same thing.

grin grin cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by mrofficial(m): 7:07am On Nov 22, 2014
berem:
Next time you wanna post a comment concerning our otuoke lord,make sure you ask me what's on my mind.
Damn! You just beat me to that! Was about saying the same thing.

grin grin cheesy

Hahahaha. grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by bigtt76(f): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2014
Hahaha ....ar tell you! Dry Gin kwaa ...you know say winter cold don de set in for London naaa grin

mrofficial:

Hahaha. It looks so. Seaman Gin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by ubongutioh(m): 7:48am On Nov 22, 2014
Jonathan for Nigeria, Nigeria for Jonathan. Inclusive government. Ride on Oga-jona till 2019.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by asodeboyede(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2014
ubongutioh:
Jonathan for Nigeria, Nigeria for Jonathan. Inclusive government. Ride on Oga-jona till 2019.
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by frankyychiji(f): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2014
phlemzy:
Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions!! Assumption means making an ar.se of you and me. But I am not fooled cos you are green with envy and jealousy! tongue

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by thaoriginator: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2014
mrofficial:
grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by JECBOSS: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2014
pelvicky:
Let the transformation agenda continue joor.

One good term deserve another...
"Go on so'un....le kan si"
meaning, rule us one more time....it is destiny for you to leave aso rock at the age of 61

we are behind you
Gej till 2019
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by StealthyMe(m): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2014
Its only a disillusioned man that'll be travelling when his home is not in order undecided

#Fact

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by JECBOSS: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2014
bigtt76:
This new CJN ...how many days or weeks before his tenure ends? angry He's looking so old and frail. This government shaaa ...den just wan kill porsin father o!

grin
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by Princess2be(f): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
ubongutioh:
Re: PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory by tpia6: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
mrofficial:
The picture below, I'm sure the woman was like

she is looking funnily at him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Reps Disown Impeachment List / we will present Fashola as APC presidential candidate if inec remove Buhari name / What Will Happen If GMB Loses This Election Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.