Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,126 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter (1412 Views)

Boko Haram Broken Into Factions- Top Nigerian analyst (PHOTO) (SOURCE) / Igbos, Important To Lagos APC Politicians To Grab A Win-pics / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 6:46am On Nov 22, 2014
The world is transcending digitally and Internet platforms, most especially social media is order of the new century.
Social media, like Twitter is an important channel for engaging fans and amplifying message to target audiences.
In the modern day, companies, Organizations, Ventures, factories and most industries use social media to communicate to their audience. Politicians, as you may observe, are no exception to this.
Twitter has more than 200 million active users who produce more than 400 million tweets a day. According to the platform’s blog. It has the potential to be an amazing resource for politicians looking to interact with constituents, humanize their campaigns, and more directly influence the news cycle.
Lots of politicians turn the reins over to their staff and tweet their policy updates and press appearances. Some, however, even use their 140 characters creatively.
Today, We bring you a list of the top Nigerian politicians to follow on Twitter. The list could be controversial or aggressive to you, but do note that the selection is based on Individual activeness and fans engagement.

Dr. Reuben Abati
Presidential Spokesman, Nigeria

Reuben Abati, born is Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Goodluck Jonathanof Nigeria. He was previously a newspaper columnist and the chairman of the editorial board of the Nigerian newspaper The Guardian from 2001 to 2011. He was a first class honours graduate of Theater Arts from the University of Calabar where he won the Vice-Chancellor’s prize for the best overall graduating student. His column also appears regularly on the Nigerianwebsite, Nigerian Village Square.
He won a number of awards including The Cecil King Memorial Prize for Print Journalist of the Year in 1998, The Diamond Award for Media Excellence for Informed Commentary in 1998, Fletcher Challenge Commonwealth Prize for Opinion Writing in 2000, and the Diamond Award for Media Excellence for Informed Commentary, 2000..
He is currently presidential spokesman.. He is dishes out various information you need to know about the presidency on facebook and twitter. He has over 161k followers on twitter.
You can follow him on Twitter: @abati1990

Dele Momodu
A teacher, writer, polemicist, publisher, politician, entrepreneur, speaker, mentor, Philanthropist, and a global citizen!

Dele Momodu is a Nigerian Journalist/ Publisher, actor, motivational speaker and businessman. He is the CEO and publisher of Ovation International,a magazine that has given publicity to people from all over the World, mainly in Africa. He
Dele has received numerous awards and has been given recognition for his work in the business world, the music industry, and the fashion industry in which he plays major roles..
In 2011 , He announced his intention to run for the presidential election of his homeland Nigeria, On 12 January 2011, he emerged Presidential Candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP).
He is very active on twitter with over 272k followers. You can follow him on twitter @DeleMomodu

Obiageli Ezekwesili
Nigerian chartered account, Former minister of Education , Vice-President of the World Bank’s Africa division

Obiageli Ezekwesili is a Nigerian chartered accountant. She was a co-founder of Transparency International, serving as one of the pioneer directors of the global anti-corruption body based in Berlin, Germany. She served as Federal Minister of Solid Minerals and then as Federal Minister of Education during the second-term presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo. Since then, she has been the Vice-President of the World Bank’s Africa division.
In March 2014, she delivered a keynote speech at the national summit of the All Progressives Congress(APC), the leading opposition party in Nigeria. She criticised the many migrating governors and urged the party to “a conversation deeper than how you’re going to chase (the ruling) PDP out of power”.
In the aftermath of the nearly 300 mainly Christian girls were abducted from Chibok by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.,
Ezekwesili was instrumental to the start of the viral #BringBackOurGirls campaign on social media, which trended internationally. She urged Nigerians to not just tweet but actively participate in efforts to “bring back our girls”.
Her #bbog campaign got the attention Michelle Obama, Chris Brown and others. She has over 193k followers on twitter.. You can follower her @obyezeks
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 6:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Atiku Abubakar
Politician, Businessman and a philanthropist

Atiku Abubakar is a Nigerian politician, businessman and philanthropist, who served as the 2nd elected Vice-President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), with President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He is also an All progressive congress(APC) presidential aspirant.
Abubakar has been active on Twitter since the 2011 elections, but stepped up his engagement in May 2013. In August 2013 he became only the second Nigerian politician to be verified, after Lagos State Governor Tunde Fashola..
He has over 178k followers on twitter.
You can follow @atiku

DR.MRS.Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Honorable Minister of Finance, Nigeria.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a globally renowned Nigerian economist best known for her two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria(her current position) and for her work at the World Bank, including several years as one of its Managing Directors (October 2007–July 2011). She briefly held the position of Foreign Minister of Nigerian 2006. Another product of Harvard university
Okonjo-Iweala has not expressed interest to contest political office in Nigeria. However, she has been vocal in her denunciation of the manner in which the country is currently accumulating huge debts.
Anytime i look at her putting the normal ankara outfit, i smiled. Recently, she was pictured at the Nigeria’s ruling party convention in Abuja.
She is a an active twitter user with over 209k followers. You can follow her on @NOIweala..
Dr. Doyin Okupe
Senior Special Assistant Public Affairs to the Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan

Dr. Doyin Okupe is the Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria. Before his recent appointment by President Jonathan in 2012, Okupe was spokesman for former President Olusegun Obasanjo and a former governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State in 2003.
He is an active twitter user with over 25k followers.
You can follow him @doyinokupe

Sen .Bukola Saraki
Senator for Kwara Central and Apc Chieftain

Abubakar Bukola Saraki was elected governor of Kwara State, Nigeria, on 29 May 2003. He served two terms in office.He was a member of the ruling People’s Democratic Party(PDP) but recently defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC). Saraki’s father, Olusola Saraki, is also former senator of Kwara state..
Bukola Saraki is also a good man to follow on twitter, Infact if you are an active twitter you will probably understand what am talking about.
He has a verified twitter account with over 115k followers. You follow him on twitter account @bukolasaraki

Femi Fani Kayode
A lover of poetry , Special Assistant (Public Affairs) To Former President Obasanjo.

Femi fani kayode is a Nigerian politician, essayist, poet and lawyer. He was a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
He is an Ile-Ife chieftain of Yoruba descent.
Fani-Kayode was the Special Assistant (Public Affairs) to President Olusegun Obasanjo from July 2003 until June 2006. He was appointed the Minister of Culture and Tourism of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from 22 June to 7 November 2006 and as the Minister of Aviation from 7 November 2006 to 29 May 2007.
Femi Fani-Kayode went to the University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies where he graduated with an LL.B law degree in 1983.He gained entry into Cambridge University( Pembroke College) where his grandfather ( Selwyn College), his father ( Downing College) and his older brother, Akinola ( Downing College) had all previously read law. After finishing from Cambridge Femi Fani-Kayode went to the Nigerian Law School and in 1985 was called to the Nigerian Bar.
Infact he is a great lover of poetry , i could remember one of his poem titled “ I Stand and I Fight “.
Something special about this poem, he described Yar’Adua as a “ sickly tyrant with an amalekite foundation ” and he predicted that “ his end would soon come ”. He has also wrote other poems over the last few years.
He has over 82k followers on his real account and told many Nigerian to Beware of fake twitter accounts using his name and picture. You can follow him on twitter account @realFFK
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 6:48am On Nov 22, 2014

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon
Former House of Rep.

Patrick Obahiagbon, who represents Oredo Federal Constituency of Edo state shot to limelight the moment he arrived the House of Representatives in 2007 with his uncanny knack for jaw-breaking words.
A man who also holds two Master degrees, appealed to his audience for understanding, explaining that,“the intention is not to deliberately befuddle or obfuscate them” insisting that, “ I do not set out to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability”.
He also said the main reason why he speaks the way like that,
Sincerely speaking, he even tender an unreserved apologia to his colleagues and all those who feel that his language is obscurantist. He also said “I do not set out deliberately to mystify my audience, to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability or in portmanteau of conundrum. No, no, no, no! Far from it.
The cosmic force would not allow me to do that. But, you see if you ask homo sapients who have interfaced with me for close to twenty years now, they would tell you that I no longer speak high sounding language.”

He has over 137k followers, You can follow him @PObahiagbon .

Otunba Dino Melaye
A former member of the House of Representative, Exec. Sec anti-corruption activist.

Daniel Dino Melaye was born in the Ancient city of Kano, Student Union Leader at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in his varsity days before successfully leading the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS). he later became the Secretary General of African Youth Council and then that of the Common Wealth Youth Council, positions of which won him the African youth of the year award among many other citizens of 54 competing Common wealth countries in 2005 after which he was appointed by President Olusegun Obasanjo to chair the Presidential Advisory Council on Youths.
He bagged Bsc. Geography from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
He well known for impart to eradicate corruption in this our great country Nigeria..
A Democratic evangelist. Private Investigator and a man worth following on twitter with over 109k followers. You can follow him @dino_melaye

Musiliu Obanikoro
Former Senator, Federal Republic of Nigeria Former Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Former Minister of State for Defence, Nigeria

Musiliu Olatunde Obanikoro(popularly known as Koro) is a Nigerian politician. He served as Senator for Lagos State from 2003–2007, and was later appointed High Commissioner to Ghana. He is the Former Minister of State for Defence, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He is a graduate of Texas Southern University where he earned his B.Sc degree in Public Affairs and Master’s Degree in Public Administration(M. P. A).
A man who so many Lagosian regarded as a man of action because of his impart among other senators who urged the African Union chairman, President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2005, to use military force if necessary to restore democracy in Togo.
A man who recently accuse the former governor of Lagos state , Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu of turning lagos to his Atm machine.
He is also an active twitter user with over 18k followers. You can follow him @MObanikoro.

CONCLUSION
I strongly belief that personal communication via social media brings politicians and parties closer to their potential voters. We has also help to reshaped structures and methods of contemporary political communication by influencing the way politicians interact with citizens and each other.. Thank God today Nigeria is blessed with over two thousand politicians, and as i said earlier The above list could be controversial or aggressive to you, but do note that the selection is based on Individual activeness and fans engagement.
Moreover , there are some politician ,politic blogger and columnist like Nasir El-Rufai
[@elrufai] , Japheth Omojuwa [@omojuwa] , Reno Omokri[@renoomokri] , Sonala Olumhense
[@SonalaOlumhense] and many more who are trying to reshape the democracy of Nigeria through the use of Social media like twitter.
Any suggestion , Comment and Advice , Feel free to let us know by Using our comment box.
Source : http://techcribng.com/nigerian-politicians-on-twitter/
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by ifaoni(m): 6:53am On Nov 22, 2014
nice info, i like it
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2014
ifaoni:
nice info, i like it
thanks, Mod pls fp o
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 22, 2014
Cool.. Am a top follower of Dele Momodu
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
ultimatetboy:
Cool.. Am a top follower of Dele Momodu
dats gud.. More reply pls.
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by Crocz(m): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Why isn't Jonathan on twitter?...I knew that pig-head is a laggard

#JonaIsF*ckedCome2015
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Crocz:
Why isn't Jonathan on twitter?...I knew that pig-head is a laggard

#JonaIsF*ckedCome2015
only God Knows that.
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by segtak25: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nice write up op..
This one of those topic that nid to be on the frnt page.
Information is key.
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
segtak25:
Nice write up op..
This one of those topic that nid to be on the frnt page.
Information is key.
i pray o.
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by akins56(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
op, with nasir el rufai not on your list, i think your list is not complete, we call him the twitter president on twitter, i think he has the highest followers among all Nigerian politicians, with close to 400,000 followers. He his also a first class graduate of quantity survey from ahmadu bello university zaria, and mind you, he his the incoming Governor of kaduna state, ramalan has already given up!
Re: Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter by baseg25(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
akins56:
op, with nasir el rufai not on your list, i think your list is not complete, we call him the twitter president on twitter, i think he has the highest followers among all Nigerian politicians, with close to 400,000 followers. He his also a first class graduate of quantity survey from ahmadu bello university zaria, and mind you, he his the incoming Governor of kaduna state, ramalan has already given up!
yes you are ryt, he is very active on twitter but i am nt perfect..Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Snubs US, Signs Defence Cooperation Deal With Russia / $30billion Excess Crude Fund Unaccounted For -- Oshiomhole / 'ifeanyi Uba, APC Means Boko Haram' -fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.