Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Don't They Pay? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't They Pay? (608 Views)

Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? / Why Do They Pay Bride Price/dowry In Nigeria / Why Don't Most Nigerian Men Especially The Igbos See Marriage As An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't They Pay? by yhemini: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2014
Yesterday while I was having lunch, I saw a policeman came to eat too and also paid when he was done. So this thought/question came to my mind and I said I was going to ask on here.

Why dont they (policeman, army, navy even lastma sef) pay in public transport?

Is there a law that forbids them from paying?

Do they pay when they are going interstate? i.e. from lagos to ibadan

Is it a trend practiced only in Nigeria or other law enforcement guys dont pay in other countries?

How did it start too and who started it? cos I know it must av started somehow

These are the thoughts/questions that crept into my mind when I saw d policeman pay for d food. Some danfo drivers are sometimes reluctant to let them into their buses cos they know they wont get full value unless in cases where d danfo driver wants to break d law e.g like goin thru one way or BRT lanes, then he knows d guy will cover for him incase yawa wan gas. lol

So guys I wanna know ur thought on this.
Re: Why Don't They Pay? by yhemini: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2014
ur comments pls

(1) (Reply)

The Centenary Naira Note / The Problem With 50 Shades Of Grey / Should I Join Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.