Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29715 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus Possesses the Attributes of God
Jesus possesses attributes that belong only to God

I believe you meant Jesus Possess attributes belonging to a God- A Mighty God, Not The ALMIGHTY GOD---Isaiah 9:6

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is eternal. John 1:1 affirms: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” The word was in this verse is an imperfect tense, indicating continuous, ongoing existence. When the timespace universe came into being, Christ already existed (Hebrews 1:8–11).

Yes, but why the reference to the time period called "the Beginning".

Is there any scripture that points to christ existence prior to the beginning?

Colossians 1:15 " He is the IMAGE of the invisible God, THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION"

when John and Paul refer to Jesus as the "Firstborn from the dead", what exactly do they mean? Did their explanation not related to the word "dead". So then, what relation does Jesus have with the word "creation" from that verse?

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is self-existent. As the Creator of all things (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2), Christ himself must be uncreated. Colossians 1:17 tells us that Christ is “before all things, and in Him all things consist.”

Rev 3:14 ".....the beginning of God's creation"

How can Jesus be God and the same time "the beginning of his creation" and not "his existence" ?

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is everywhere-present. Christ promised His disciples, “Where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Matthew 18:20). Since people all over the world gather in Christ’s name, the only way He could be present with them all is if He is truly omnipresent (see Matthew 28:20; Ephesians 1:23, 4:10; Colossians 3:11).

Wow, really,

If Jesus can be everywhere at once why did he need to Ascend?

Why did Stephen say he saw him standing at the right hand side of God?

Why would Jesus need to come back if he is already in everywhere? Come back from where?

During Jesus ministry he was only in one geographical place at a time.

Even the Father- Jehovah is not everywhere, his throne has never been vacant. The heaven is his throne and the Earth his footstool--- Proverb 15:3 "The eyes of Jehovah are in every place keeping watch on the evil and the good"

That is why, Jesus told us "Pray then this way; How Father who art in heaven....." Jehovah is in Heaven not everywhere.

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is all-knowing. Jesus knew where the fish were in the water (Luke 5:4, 6; John 21:6–11), and He knew just which fish contained the coin (Matthew 17:27). He knew the future (John 11:11, 18:4), specific details that would be encountered (Matthew 21:2–4), and knew from a distance that Lazarus had died (John 11:14). He also knows the Father as the Father knows Him (Matthew 11:27; John 7:29, 8:55, 10:15, 17:25).

Yet he himself said in Matthew 24: 36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, NOR THE SON, but the Father ONLY"

You see he doesn't know everything, he isn't All-Knowing.

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is all-powerful. Christ created the entire universe (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2) and sustains the universe by His own power (Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3). During His earthly ministry, He exercised power over nature (Luke 8:25), physical diseases (Mark 1:29–31), demonic spirits (Mark 1:32–34), and even death (John 11:1–44).

Matthew 20:23 " He said to them, You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left hand IS NOT MINE TO GRANT/GIVE but it has been prepared by my Father"

Jesus depended on "His Father- Jehovah" for everything. His anionting, promise of a Kingdom, ressurection, crown/throne as King etc even his Power----Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus said to them, All Authority in heaven and on earth HAS BEEN 'GIVEN' TO ME". By who, you may ask. How can only receive power from someone and still call himself all-powerful.

The Son can not do anything on his own. His like the Father's puppet ---John 14:10

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is sovereign. Christ presently sits at the right hand of God the Father, “angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him” (1 Peter 3:22). When Christ comes again in glory, He will be adorned with a majestic robe, and on the thigh section of the robe will be the words, “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (Revelation 19:16).

Jesus "receives" a Kingdom from his Father how can that make him Sovereign?

1 corinthians 15: 27,28 " For God (Jehovah) has put all things in subjection under his (Jesus) feet. But when it says, 'All things are put in subjection under him' IT IS PLAIN THAT HE (Jehovah) IS 'EXCEPTED/EXEMPTED' who put all things under him (Jesus). When all things are subjected to him (Jesus), then 'THE SON HIMSELF' will also be in Subjection to the one (Jehovah) who put all things under him (Jesus), that God (Jehovah) may be everything to everyone"

The Head of christ is God (Jehovah) everyday, all day forever and always! 1 corinthians 11:3

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is sinless. Jesus challenged Jewish leaders: “Which of you convicts Me of sin?” (John 8:46). The apostle Paul referred to Jesus as “Him who knew no sin” (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus is one who “loved righteousness and hated lawlessness” (Hebrews 1:9), was “without sin” (Hebrews 4:15), and was “holy, harmless, [and] undefiled” (Hebrews 7:26).

Source: https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

Jesus. Was TEMPTED and he did not SIN ---Hebrews 4:15.

That shows he is Very much Capable to sin. He only CHOOSE not to sin.

Why would Satan tempt him if "he (Jesus) CANNOT SIN"---- it doesn't make sense, unless Satan knew there is a change that Jesus may Fail/Sin.

NB: The dialogue between Jesus and Satan does not portray you claim of Jesus Almighty God whom created everything including the Angel who later became Satan himself.

Would Satan "Tempt" the Almighty God, NO!!! ---James 1:13. Would Satan tempt the Almighty God with Food, throw himself down from a high building (Angels can fly, why wouldn't he) or with Powers/Kingdoms/Riches/Government ? Considering this things and calling it a temptation show how Satan views Jesus. Satan treated Jesus with lack of Fear but how did the demons treat Jesus, with fear and trembling but they did not call him "God".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Some good points raised here. smiley

The Jew worship One God - Jehovah

Did Jesus contradict this ?? NO, he told the jews " If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing, It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is Your God" !!! John 8:54 , Christ points it that the Father that glorifies him is the one whom the Jews regard as their God NOT som 4th century triune formular

Since they are one as d trinity claim ...... What happen to the Father and the holyspirit when the Son dies for three days ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

I believe you meant Jesus Possess attributes belonging to a God- A Mighty God, Not The ALMIGHTY GOD---Isaiah 9:6

If you say that the created Jesus is a God, how then does a creature become a God? Considering the fact that to be God you have to be uncreated, eternal and omniscient.

RikoduoSennin:

Yes, but why the reference to the time period called "the Beginning".

Is there any scripture that points to christ existence prior to the beginning?

Colossians 1:15 " He is the IMAGE of the invisible God, THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION"

when John and Paul refer to Jesus as the "Firstborn from the dead", what exactly do they mean? Did their explanation not related to the word "dead". So then, what relation does Jesus have with the word "creation" from that verse?

"But unto the Son He says, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your Kingdom" (Hebrew 1:8.)

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God by nature (John 10:30). In contrast to the eternal Son, angels are sons of God by special creations just as humans. What God begets is God what humans beget are humans and what animals beget are animals. You do not beget what you make/create with your hands.

RikoduoSennin:

Rev 3:14 ".....the beginning of God's creation"

How can Jesus be God and the same time "the beginning of his creation" and not "his existence" ?

Jesus is the God who created all things in Genesis 1:1. To be the God of all things you have to be the uncreated Creator.

RikoduoSennin:

Wow, really,

If Jesus can be everywhere at once why did he need to Ascend?

Why did Stephen say he saw him standing at the right hand side of God?

Why would Jesus need to come back if he is already in everywhere? Come back from where?

During Jesus ministry he was only in one geographical place at a time.

Even the Father- Jehovah is not everywhere, his throne has never been vacant. The heaven is his throne and the Earth his footstool--- Proverb 15:3 "The eyes of Jehovah are in every place keeping watch on the evil and the good"

That is why, Jesus told us "Pray then this way; How Father who art in heaven....." Jehovah is in Heaven not everywhere.

What do you mean when you say Christ is a compound Being?

RikoduoSennin:

Yet he himself said in Matthew 24: 36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, NOR THE SON, but the Father ONLY"

You see he doesn't know everything, he isn't All-Knowing.

Matthew 20:23 " He said to them, You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left hand IS NOT MINE TO GRANT/GIVE but it has been prepared by my Father"

Jesus depended on "His Father- Jehovah" for everything. His anionting, promise of a Kingdom, ressurection, crown/throne as King etc even his Power----Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus said to them, All Authority in heaven and on earth HAS BEEN 'GIVEN' TO ME". By who, you may ask. How can only receive power from someone and still call himself all-powerful.

The Son can not do anything on his own. His like the Father's puppet ---John 14:10

Jesus "receives" a Kingdom from his Father how can that make him Sovereign?

1 corinthians 15: 27,28 " For God (Jehovah) has put all things in subjection under his (Jesus) feet. But when it says, 'All things are put in subjection under him' IT IS PLAIN THAT HE (Jehovah) IS 'EXCEPTED/EXEMPTED' who put all things under him (Jesus). When all things are subjected to him (Jesus), then 'THE SON HIMSELF' will also be in Subjection to the one (Jehovah) who put all things under him (Jesus), that God (Jehovah) may be everything to everyone"

The Head of christ is God (Jehovah) everyday, all day forever and always! 1 corinthians 11:3

Your answer to my question above will give you the answer to these questions.

RikoduoSennin:

Jesus. Was TEMPTED and he did not SIN ---Hebrews 4:15.

That shows he is Very much Capable to sin. He only CHOOSE not to sin.

Why would Satan tempt him if "he (Jesus) CANNOT SIN"---- it doesn't make sense, unless Satan knew there is a change that Jesus may Fail/Sin.

NB: The dialogue between Jesus and Satan does not portray you claim of Jesus Almighty God whom created everything including the Angel who later became Satan himself.

Would Satan "Tempt" the Almighty God, NO!!! ---James 1:13. Would Satan tempt the Almighty God with Food, throw himself down from a high building (Angels can fly, why wouldn't he) or with Powers/Kingdoms/Riches/Government ? Considering this things and calling it a temptation show how Satan views Jesus. Satan treated Jesus with lack of Fear but how did the demons treat Jesus, with fear and trembling but they did not call him "God".

Jesus as God is not capable of sinning. He gave us examples on how to overcome temptation to sin and satan.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
CANTICLES:

The Jew worship One God - Jehovah

Did Jesus contradict this ?? NO, he told the jews " If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing, It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is Your God" !!! John 8:54 , Christ points it that the Father that glorifies him is the one whom the Jews regard as their God NOT som 4th century triune formular

Since they are one as d trinity claim ...... What happen to the Father and the holyspirit when the Son dies for three days ??

His body was buried in the grave but His Spirit lives on.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

His body was buried in the grave but His Spirit lives on.

How does this answer my question
Course Code:TRN 101
COURSE TITLE: Absurdity of Trinity

1) since they are one as d trinity claim ..... What happen to the "FATHER" and " HOLYSPIRIT" When D Son Dies For three days (matthew 12:40) ??

2) from ur previous answer .... U create another question :
Matthew 12:40 ........ Did Jesus die OR its only his flesh dat dies ??
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Who is this passage referring to?

"Ah Lord God! behold, you have made the heaven and the earth by your great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for you: You show lovingkindness to thousands, and recompense the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name" (Jeremiah 32:17-18.)

This place is addressing Jehovah, "The Father" as you like to call him. Two or more persons can have the same title eg (God for instance- Jehovah,Jesus., Angel, Satan and many others bear that title).

But only one can be called- All-Mighty, two persons can not bear that title hence they won't be called Almighty.

OLAADEGBU:

If you say Mighty means lesser, then Jehovah according to the passage above must be a lesser God, no? This should tell you that mighty and almighty are both descriptions of the same God. Jesus is God just as the Father and the Holy Spirit is God.

No. Jesus is called "a Mighty God" ONLY, Jehovah is called both "a Mighty God" and "THE ALMIGHTY". While the Holy Spirit is called "NOTHING" of that such. Show me where it is categorically stated in the bible- not inference or deductions.

OLAADEGBU:

Not so fast. wink

Really? You need more proof.

The Apostles and Pauls view:

1) 2 Corinthians 1:3 " Blessed be "the God and Father of (?) OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST...."

2) 2 Corinthians 11:31 " The God and Father of (?) The Lord Jesus......."

3) Ephesians 1:3,17 " Blessed be the God the Father of (?) Our lord Jesus Christ....that the God of (?) Our lord Jesus christ....."

4) Phil 2:7-11 "... OBEDIENT unto death....therefore God has highly exalted him (Jesus)....every tongue confess that Jesus christ is lord to the glory of (?) God the Father"

5) Colossians 1:3 " We always rhank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus christ...."

6) 1 Timothy 1:17 " To the King of Ages, immortal (cannot die), invisible (cannot be seen), THE ONLY (?) GOD......"; 1 Timothy 2:5 " For there is one God, and there is one Mediator between God and Men, the Man Jesus christ". { How can Jesus be God Almighty and still be a mediator between himself and Man? }

7) Hebrew 1:11 " You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore (that is the reason why) God (Jehovah), YOUR GOD, has anionted you with the oil of gladness beyond YOUR COMRADES". Who are Jesus' comrades?

Hebrew 5:4-10 " ...and he was heard for his GODLY FEAR ( A God who has godly fear for who ) . Although he was A SON (not THE SON) he learned OBEDIENCE ( To who?) Through what he suffered....

Hebrew 9:24 " For christ entered not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to APPEAR IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD ON OUR BEHALF". Did he appear before himself?
Read Hebrew 10:5-9

cool James 1:13 " God cannot be tempted with bad things"

9) 1 Pet 1:3 " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus christ...."

10) Rev 1:6 ; Rev 3: 2,12 " Jesus has a God"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus believe he has a God (The Father/Jehovah) whom he answers to --John 20:17

Do you be Jesus or you don't believe him, so you think he was lying.

Jesus' disciples understood him clearly hence the many reference to Jesus having a God who is head over him ( 1cor 11:3) and gives him revelations (Rev 1:1).

NB: I still have more proofs from scriptures different from these oh. I have to attend my christian meetings now, later!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8.)

Here is our Lord Jesus Christ claiming absolute deity in His glorified form in His first words spoken to Apostle John on the Isle of Patmos.

I mean that there are three Persons in One God. God is One. The doctrine of the Trinity affirms that there is only one God and that in the unity of the one godhead there are three coequal and coeternal persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

What I meant was that Mighty and Almighty are descriptions of the same God. If you insist as you have been taught that Jesus was a created being how then did He become a god? If God is eternal and all powerful and omniscient, how can an angel become that? Read my penultimate posts for answers to your other questions.

The questions has been asked long time ago, the reason I asked the question was because I noticed that people who belief in trinity have different explanations or understanding on what trinity really is , and thus before I discuss what trinity is and if its bliblical or not , I try to understand from trinitarians there personal understanding of trinity.

You took quite long in replying and thus we had moved on in the discussion , hence the questions are no longer relevant, talk less of the answer.

One thing I noticed from one of ur last post is the statement that " jesus is yaweh " .
This statement does not go along with the belief of syncan(who also belief in trinity) which is " jesus is not yaweh" .

With this two different belief in trinity, it makes it hard for one to understand trinity. Hence the need for inviting syncan to comment on your thread so that everyone can come to a full understanding of what trinity Is .

So far syncan has not commented , hope he is not playing the dissapear/ reappear trick u re employing .

But if syncan does not appear, oladeegbu, do u agree or dissagree with syncan beliefs that jesus is not yaweh ?
If you answer to this is yes, then you will have to repost ur belief in trinity to comform. To the fact that that jesus is not yahweh.
If the answer is no,then I can put syncan beliefs aside and discuss with you on ur own belief
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
CANTICLES:

How does this answer my question
Course Code:TRN 101
COURSE TITLE: Absurdity of Trinity

1) since they are one as d trinity claim ..... What happen to the "FATHER" and " HOLYSPIRIT" When D Son Dies For three days (matthew 12:40) ??

Let me give you a scenario where the the three distinct Personalities were in action:

"And Jesus, when he was baptised, went up straightway out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:16-17).

From the passage above, can you identify the different Personalities? If you can discern well you will discover that the Father testified of the Son while the Holy Spirit testified through the dove and all 3 Persons of the Trinity were present on this occasion.

CANTICLES:

2) from ur previous answer .... U create another question :
Matthew 12:40 ........ Did Jesus die OR its only his flesh dat dies ??

It depends on what you understand by the word death. Death can be spiritual or physical, which one are you on about? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

This place is addressing Jehovah, "The Father" as you like to call him. Two or more persons can have the same title eg (God for instance- Jehovah,Jesus., Angel, Satan and many others bear that title).

But only one can be called- All-Mighty, two persons can not bear that title hence they won't be called Almighty.

Really? shocked Are you really saying that two or more persons can share the title Jehovah, even satan? Have you got any biblical reference to buttress your point? Let me ask you again. Who was Mary referring to when she said the following:

"For he that is mighty has done to me great things; and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).

RikoduoSennin:

No. Jesus is called "a Mighty God" ONLY, Jehovah is called both "a Mighty God" and "THE ALMIGHTY". While the Holy Spirit is called "NOTHING" of that such. Show me where it is categorically stated in the bible- not inference or deductions.

So you have changed your tune now to say Jehovah is called "a Mighty God" and "THE ALMIGHTY"? You are surely making it up as we go along. No problem. But remember that you have claimed that satan, angels and many others bear the title "Jehovah" are you not tying yourself up in knots? undecided

RikoduoSennin:

Really? You need more proof.

The Apostles and Pauls view:

1) 2 Corinthians 1:3 " Blessed be "the God and Father of (?) OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST...."

2) 2 Corinthians 11:31 " The God and Father of (?) The Lord Jesus......."

3) Ephesians 1:3,17 " Blessed be the God the Father of (?) Our lord Jesus Christ....that the God of (?) Our lord Jesus christ....."

4) Phil 2:7-11 "... OBEDIENT unto death....therefore God has highly exalted him (Jesus)....every tongue confess that Jesus christ is lord to the glory of (?) God the Father"

5) Colossians 1:3 " We always rhank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus christ...."

6) 1 Timothy 1:17 " To the King of Ages, immortal (cannot die), invisible (cannot be seen), THE ONLY (?) GOD......"; 1 Timothy 2:5 " For there is one God, and there is one Mediator between God and Men, the Man Jesus christ". { How can Jesus be God Almighty and still be a mediator between himself and Man? }

7) Hebrew 1:11 " You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore (that is the reason why) God (Jehovah), YOUR GOD, has anionted you with the oil of gladness beyond YOUR COMRADES". Who are Jesus' comrades?

Hebrew 5:4-10 " ...and he was heard for his GODLY FEAR ( A God who has godly fear for who ) . Although he was A SON (not THE SON) he learned OBEDIENCE ( To who?) Through what he suffered....

Hebrew 9:24 " For christ entered not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to APPEAR IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD ON OUR BEHALF". Did he appear before himself?
Read Hebrew 10:5-9

cool James 1:13 " God cannot be tempted with bad things"

9) 1 Pet 1:3 " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus christ...."

10) Rev 1:6 ; Rev 3: 2,12 " Jesus has a God"

Jesus believe he has a God (The Father/Jehovah) whom he answers to --John 20:17

Do you be Jesus or you don't believe him, so you think he was lying.

Jesus' disciples understood him clearly hence the many reference to Jesus having a God who is head over him ( 1cor 11:3) and gives him revelations (Rev 1:1).

NB: I still have more proofs from scriptures different from these oh. I have to attend my christian meetings now, later!

I am not denying that the Father is God. You are the one denying both the Father and the Son by saying anyone can bear the title "Jehovah"

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
dolphinheart:

The questions has been asked long time ago, the reason I asked the question was because I noticed that people who belief in trinity have different explanations or understanding on what trinity really is , and thus before I discuss what trinity is and if its bliblical or not , I try to understand from trinitarians there personal understanding of trinity.

You took quite long in replying and thus we had moved on in the discussion , hence the questions are no longer relevant, talk less of the answer.

One thing I noticed from one of ur last post is the statement that " jesus is yaweh " .
This statement does not go along with the belief of syncan(who also belief in trinity) which is " jesus is not yaweh" .

With this two different belief in trinity, it makes it hard for one to understand trinity. Hence the need for inviting syncan to comment on your thread so that everyone can come to a full understanding of what trinity Is .

So far syncan has not commented , hope he is not playing the dissapear/ reappear trick u re employing .

But if syncan does not appear, oladeegbu, do u agree or dissagree with syncan beliefs that jesus is not yaweh ?
If you answer to this is yes, then you will have to repost ur belief in trinity to comform. To the fact that that jesus is not yahweh.
If the answer is no,then I can put syncan beliefs aside and discuss with you on ur own belief

What are you on about? You asked me to give you a Scripture where Jesus is said to be the Almighty God which I duly supplied, instead of you to acknowledge it you are going on about someone else's post. If you want to know what I believe about Jesus then read my posts on the said subject I believe that will suffice.

I reiterate my point again:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8.)

Jesus is the Eternal One and the Omnipotent One. He is the Almighty God as He claimed in the verse above.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Questions, questions and more questions. When will you come to the knowledge of the truth? God is the uncreated infinite Creator of all things.

Let me start you off on Isaiah 43:10

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10-11).

How does a creature become a God? Please educate us. cool

Sir , pls dnt be angry , I ask questions so that I can have a better understanding of ur belief.

I refer to someone else post because what he said about trinity is different from what you are saying about trinity.
So if I or anyone is to belief in trinity, we have to know which of the statements on trinity is true, is it your or his?. Hence, the effort in trying to bring him into the topic to state his own side.

Now to the issue on the question I asked .

I asked :
1)what is a God. (what do u
understand by the term God)
2) what do you understand by the term Christ)
3) can you qoute and explain to us proverbs 8: 20 to 31

You answered:
Questions, questions and more questions.
When will you come to the knowledge of the truth? God is the uncreated infinite Creator
of all things.
Let me start you off on Isaiah 43:10 "You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour " (Isaiah
43:10-11).
How does a creature become a God?
Please educate us

My comment :

Sir, on question (1) above, I asked what a God is , as both secular and biblical sources have made mention of many Gods, so that y I asked the question "what is a god" ? Y are they called Gods.
By ur answer u can see you have not answered question (1).

You have not answered question (2 )

You have not answered question (3) also.

Sorry pls, there is a 4th question

(4) is jesus the father? What I mean is that the person called the father, is he also the person called the son?

When you answer this questions , I will have a better understanding of ur view of trinity. Then I can be able to comment on your posts
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What are you on about? You asked me to give you a Scripture where Jesus is said to be the Almighty God which I duly supplied, instead of you to acknowledge it you are going on about someone else's post. If you want to know what I believe about Jesus then read my posts on the said subject I believe that will suffice.

I reiterate my point again:

Jesus is the Eternal One and the Omnipotent One. He is the Almighty God as He claimed in the verse above.

I Know u will twist things again ...... Rev 1:8 Refers to the father, Jehovah ,
Jesus cannot and never be called Almighty because he "has a God"
" I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD and YOUR GOD" !!! Jesus has a God whom is also our God - Joh 20:17
!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Let me give you a scenario where the the three
Haba ! Calm down ..... Am not askin for a baptism scenario , here is d question

1) Since they are one as trinity claim ........ what happen to the "Father" and the holyspirit when the son DIED for three days ??

It depends on what you understand by the word death. Death can be spiritual or physical, which one are you on about? undecided
C'mon
2) Jesus Death on torture stake ! Wake up...... Did Jesus Die OR its only his flesh that dies ??
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Some good points raised here. smiley

how does the Queen say it?

I am flaterred!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 04, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

All these aside. How can a God (Jesus) have a God (Jehovah) and you still say they are the same. Neither the Holy spirit nor the son can ever send the Father on an errand but both have been sent repeatedly by the Father- what does that tell you?

Be honest, the words "God the Son" and "God the Holy spirit" are man made as they are not found in the bible.

i won't say God sent us the Holy Spirit, He was a promise to us Acts 1:4

ok then, blaspheme Them na but let me warn you Jesus might tolerate it since no be now e start but i have not heard anyone blaspheming the Holy Spirit sha note even the devil

Jesus! Just look at your post, cant you see its indirectly saying that the Trinity is a farce? Look at it well na?

The whole of John 1:1-18 is talking about Jesus
take a look at John 1:1
'In the beginning was the Word(Jesus), and the Word(Jesus) was with God, and the Word(Jesus) was God.'!!!!!!

You are asking me for biblical references shey, this is one and it clearly and boldly reveals that Jesus has been there from time immemorial, He has been with God and He is God

if the mystery is too big for you to understand; dont try to solve it man

see let me tell you it is only God that satan respects and obeys to every dot, tittle, comma, e.t.c no other being not even angel Michael or the 24 Elders!
So for you to be saying that Jesus is not God but every knee bows at the mention of His name-----(you dont need reference for this or do you?)------are you not trying to put yourself in a terrible and disastrous illusion?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 04, 2014
CANTICLES:

1) Since they are one as trinity claim ........ what happen to the "Father" and the holyspirit when the son DIED for three days ??

C'mon
2) Jesus Death on torture stake ! Wake up...... Did Jesus Die OR its only his flesh that dies ??

1. You know in christianity, we say the person has slept not died grin that aside lets just say that when Jesus died, the Father was in heaven watching an infinite-dimensional real time thriller of Jesus in hell disgracing satan, breaking protocols and setting the captives free with the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Also have in mind that God/Trinity is omnipresent, so you can say at that moment the Trio were on the Throne and at the same time in Hell grin

2. Lets just say Jesus was freed from the confinement of His physical body so He can enter hell
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

Haba! Siirr!,
Despite the seriousness of the issues on these thread, I can't help but laugh when I read ur thread.
first of all , ur postulations contained little or no biblical reference, quote or citation to back it up .
Second, u where told with biblical reference that no one has seen God, except the one he sent, God is invisible, No one can see God and yet live , and ur answer to that is that no one has seen jesus before he became human! Sir , y now!

Sir, are you saying that God personaly collects his tithe , so he had to take the for of high priest melchizedeck , become his own high priest so that he can collect tithe?
Are you saying the priest and levite who collected tithes from the isrealites are God in the form of men.
Do you know what the tithe , collected by the levites, is meant for and why they collect it?

maybe i did not explain this issues well so i would like you and anyone who needs clarificatio to go here => www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/library.sr/ct/hwa/k/745/mystery-melchizedek-solved.htm

and i know questions may arise but they are welcomed

[b]Sir, if jesus was always talking to unbelievers, then I guess he was talking to unbelievers when he said he was going to prepare a place for them in haven right? [/quote]

yes na or let me say mainly to unbelievers and it will serve as an encouragement to the believers

[b]Sir, on the issue of soul, can I ask you 3 questions
1. What is the soul.
2. When god created Adam, where was it stated that God gave him a soul.
3. Can the soul be touched .
Pls answer with bible references.
[/quote]

1. When someone dies it means the spirit has left his body, that spirit is the breath of life( life of God). So when someone dies, the spirit goes back to God because it came from thence, the body decays, what will face judgement, go to heaven or hell is the soul.

It might be a lil'bit confusing the way i put it

2. I don't know of any biblical reference

3. It cannot be touched
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

Sir , pls dnt be angry , I ask questions so that I can have a better understanding of ur belief.

I refer to someone else post because what he said about trinity is different from what you are saying about trinity.
So if I or anyone is to belief in trinity, we have to know which of the statements on trinity is true, is it your or his?. Hence, the effort in trying to bring him into the topic to state his own side.

Now to the issue on the question I asked .

I asked :
1)what is a God. (what do u
understand by the term God)
2) what do you understand by the term Christ)
3) can you qoute and explain to us proverbs 8: 20 to 31

You answered:
Questions, questions and more questions.
When will you come to the knowledge of the truth? God is the uncreated infinite Creator
of all things.
Let me start you off on Isaiah 43:10 "You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour " (Isaiah
43:10-11).
How does a creature become a God?
Please educate us

My comment :

Sir, on question (1) above, I asked what a God is , as both secular and biblical sources have made mention of many Gods, so that y I asked the question "what is a god" ? Y are they called Gods.
By ur answer u can see you have not answered question (1).

You have not answered question (2 )

You have not answered question (3) also.

Sorry pls, there is a 4th question

(4) is jesus the father? What I mean is that the person called the father, is he also the person called the son?

When you answer this questions , I will have a better understanding of ur view of trinity. Then I can be able to comment on your posts

Read up on the link I suggested in the OP for answers to your questions. cool
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Dec 04, 2014
CANTICLES:

I Know u will twist things again ...... Rev 1:8 Refers to the father, Jehovah ,
Jesus cannot and never be called Almighty because he "has a God"
" I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD and YOUR GOD" !!! Jesus has a God whom is also our God - Joh 20:17
!!

Who is, who was and who is to come? Are we expecting the second coming of the Father or the Son?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59am On Dec 04, 2014
CANTICLES:

C'mon

I do not answer foolish questions. cool

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes" (2 Tim 2:23)
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:16am On Dec 04, 2014
vest:
@syncan try use simple grammar when u open the thread oh!

Lol, no wahala Vest, I will. Truth is that some of the words were derived from greek and their meanings are in line with what they mean in greek, using synonyms often alter the meanings sometimes, but it will be my thread, so I will attend to clarifications there. I pray for time.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by vest(m): 6:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Syncan:

Lol, no wahala Vest, I will. Truth is that some of the words were derived from greek and their meanings are in line with what they mean in greek, using synonyms often alter the meanings sometimes, but it will be my thread, so I will attend to clarifications there. I pray for time.
amen
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:41am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

And pls tell him to stick to the bible, in simple terms , the bible explains the bible, we dnt need philosophy to explain it.

Pls help me ask him him if any of my statement is false

Jesus said he has a God.
Jesus said his God is our God.
Jesus Said we must worship the true God .
The bible said the true God is the father
Syncan said jesus is not the father.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You need first to learn the true meanings of the words you use.

check out the questions of the devil when tempting Jesus and find out if they are scriptural? It is how and why (context) it is used that makes it a problem. You have turned a blind eye to the fact that you are saying that a god and not God created heaven and earth. Well done.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:46am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

Before I reply this post.
@syncan , pls pls pls, for the sake of those who want a better understanding of trinity. Is oladeegbu right when he stated that jesus is yaweh?

Even if you dnt have much time to explain , a yes or no answer is good enough for us

Yahweh is the name of God. The father used it, the son also used it. The father is God, the son is God. The son is not the father. They are one in the Godhead. Yet in each is the fullness of the Godhead.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

Pls bear with me, I will reply ur post , but since you support trinity and syncan support trinity, I will wait till he answers my question .the question is : does he support oladeegbu's claim that jesus is yaweh? He can use simple yes or no , and he can give explanations.

Abi ,(to olaadeegbu and others reading the thread) dnt you think syncan should respond to that statement by oladeegbu?

Yes Jesus is Yahweh. I am sure I have said that before here. You may ask your other brothers in"God created the world through a god". They could show you my posts, since you've not been reading.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Really? shocked Are you really saying that two or more persons can share the title Jehovah, even satan? Have you got any biblical reference to buttress your point? Let me ask you again. Who was Mary referring to when she said the following:

"For he that is mighty has done to me great things; and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).

So you have changed your tune now to say Jehovah is called "a Mighty God" and "THE ALMIGHTY"? You are surely making it up as we go along. No problem. But remember that you have claimed that satan, angels and many others bear the title "Jehovah" are you not tying yourself up in knots? undecided

I am not denying that the Father is God. You are the one denying both the Father and the Son by saying anyone can bear the title "Jehovah"

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).

Do get carried away to quickly. I did not what you think I say @ bolded.

Ps. Jehovah is not a Title, its a personal name belonging to only the Father.

I said "God" is a title shared by many persons eg Satan, Angels, Jesus and Jehovah etc

The difference is what preceeds the word "God" or qualifies it eg Mighty God or Almighty.

There really is no helping you, Even with enough scriptural evidence THAT JESUS HAS A GOD you still won't see it, its as if you mind just shut off from seeing how this information changes all you beliefs.

Imagine your so called Almighty God Jesus haves both A Father and A Mother, Slapped, beaten, Killed like a bad criminal (Spartacus). Even with all his supposed wisdom could not figure out a way to Save mankind without him experiencing all this things. Who even told you that it was Jesus' will to die a bad death or did you not read how he prayed to My God till his sweat was like a flowing blood just so that he won't experience such, at the end, my God's Will prevail over yours.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2014
dolphinheart:

Please quote the post where I said Jesus is not Yahweh.

If you cannot, will it be true to say that falsehood is your greatest undoing? If you had been reading, you would have seen where I said I no longer have much time on my hands for now. If you saw it, why have you been making it look like I ran away, behind me?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by misreal(m): 7:57am On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=28294691]

Jesus Truly Is God

There are numerous evidences for the absolute deity of Jesus Christ in the Bible. The following is a summary of the more important evidences.

Jesus Has the Names of God

Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God. For example:

Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, “I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you’ ” (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of “I AM WHO I AM” (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, “I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God.

Jesus is Kurios. The New Testament Greek equivalent of the Old Testament Hebrew name Yahweh is Kurios. Used of God, Kurios carries the idea of a sovereign being who exercises absolute authority. The word is translated Lord in English translations of the Bible.

THE AFFIRMATION THAT “JESUS IS LORD” (KURIOS) IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CONSTITUTES A CLEAR AFFIRMATION THAT JESUS IS YAHWEH. To an early Christian accustomed to reading the Old Testament, the word Lord, when used of Jesus, would point to His identification with the God of the Old Testament (Yahweh). Hence, the affirmation that “Jesus is Lord” (Kurios) in the New Testament constitutes a clear affirmation that Jesus is Yahweh, as is the case in passages like Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 12:3, and Philippians 2:5–11.

Jesus is Elohim. Elohim is a Hebrew name that is used of God 2,570 times in the Old Testament. The name literally means “strong one,” and its plural ending (im in Hebrew) indicates fullness of power. Elohim is portrayed in the Old Testament as the powerful and sovereign governor of the universe, ruling over the affairs of humankind.

Jesus is recognized as both Yahweh and Elohim in the prophecy in Isaiah 40:3: “Prepare the way of the Lord [Yahweh]; make straight in the desert a highway for our God [Elohim].” This verse was written in reference to John the Baptist preparing for the coming of Christ (as confirmed in John 1:23) and represents one of the strongest affirmations of Christ’s deity in the Old Testament. In Isaiah 9:6, we likewise read a prophecy of Christ with a singular variant (El) of Elohim: “And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God [El], Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

Jesus is Theos. The New Testament Greek word for God, Theos, is the corresponding parallel to the Old Testament Hebrew term Elohim. A well-known example of Christ being addressed as God (Theos) is found in the story of “doubting Thomas” in John 20. In this passage, Thomas witnesses the resurrected Christ and worshipfully responds: “My Lord and my God [Theos]” (John 20:28).

Jesus is called Theos throughout the rest of the New Testament. For example, when a jailer asked Paul and Silas how to be saved, they responded: “Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household” (Acts 16:31). After the jailer believed and became saved, he “rejoiced, having believed in God [Theos] with all his household” (verse 34). Believing in Christ and believing in God are seen as identical acts.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/[/quote Jesus is "LORD".not GOD..
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Do you think the Father's throne have been vacant for even a tiny second. He has angels that acts as representative of his person. Even Jesus is one of his representative hence the word "Sent", "Messenger". How can the "sent" be the same as the "sender".

Can you send you soul/spirit. Can the soul/spirit be at the right hand of my body? Promised a kingdom by my body? Raised up by my body? **see man's reasoning**

what you're trying to say in the first half of your post is that God/Trinity is not OMNIPRESENT!!! (2chronicles 2:6, 2chronicles6:18,etc) and God is not ALL-SUFFICIENT (thereby denying Him of His name, 'EL SHADDAI'

na wa ooooo

@2nd half i knew it would come to this, i was just citing a reference of how a human is made up of three 'forms' the same way as the Trinity not implying that man operates the wasy the Trinity does!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I do not answer foolish questions. cool

Listen! " command certain ones not to teach different doctrine ..... Which end up in nothing but furnish questions for reasearch" 1tim 1:4

An example of those questions that arise is d one I gave you !!! But you can't answer beacause the whole doctrine is FALSE !!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2014
TheTerrible:

i won't say God sent us the Holy Spirit, He was a promise to us Acts 1:4

ok then, blaspheme Them na but let me warn you Jesus might tolerate it since no be now e start but i have not heard anyone blaspheming the Holy Spirit sha note even the devil

Jesus! Just look at your post, cant you see its indirectly saying that the Trinity is a farce? Look at it well na?

The whole of John 1:1-18 is talking about Jesus
take a look at John 1:1
'In the beginning was the Word(Jesus), and the Word(Jesus) was with God, and the Word(Jesus) was God.'!!!!!!

You are asking me for biblical references shey, this is one and it clearly and boldly reveals that Jesus has been there from time immemorial, He has been with God and He is God

if the mystery is too big for you to understand; dont try to solve it man

see let me tell you it is only God that satan respects and obeys to every dot, tittle, comma, e.t.c no other being not even angel Michael or the 24 Elders!
So for you to be saying that Jesus is not God but every knee bows at the mention of His name-----(you dont need reference for this or do you?)------are you not trying to put yourself in a terrible and disastrous illusion?

Stop clinging to John 1:1, I have also showed you Hosea 12:3,4 and other scriptures that shows that Angels are God too.

Mystery? That's the problem, you don't understand, same with Evolutionist- they don't fully understand what they are saying/believe. I understand what I believe, I follow the evidence.

Jesus is a mighty God.
Jesus has a God above him.
The God who heads over Jesus is Jehovah.
Jehovah answers to no one, he is not sent by anyone, he does not pray to anyone, he can not die, he doesn't have Father, Mother, Sisters nor brothers but only a beloved son and other Sons (angels/humans). He also is the source.

Counter any of the above with scriptures not making you assertion of some passages in the bible.

He who has hear, let them hear.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2014
TheTerrible:

what you're trying to say in the first half of your post is that God/Trinity is not OMNIPRESENT!!! (2chronicles 2:6, 2chronicles6:18,etc) and God is not ALL-SUFFICIENT (thereby denying Him of His name, 'EL SHADDAI'

na wa ooooo

@2nd half i knew it would come to this, i was just citing a reference of how a human is made up of three 'forms' the same way as the Trinity not implying that man operates the wasy the Trinity does!

Jehovah is not Omnipresent.

Matthew 6:9 "You must pray this way, Our Father who art in (?) HEAVEN".

John 20:17 " I have not yet ASCENDED to My Father...."

Jehovah has never left Heaven because Heaven is his throne and earth his footstool.

Gen 11:6 "And the Lord said.....go to, LET US GO DOWN and there confound their language...."

Why would he come down if he was Everwhere?

Why would Jesus need to descend or ascend if he was everywhere?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Pope Francis Reacts To Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killings, Offers Prayers / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Hate Speech Bill At Shiloh (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.