Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member (3055 Views)

Dokpesi Shielded In Detention To Avert Assault By Inmates / Aliyu Apologises To Mark Over Unruly Conduct Of Niger Lawmaker, / ACF, Yakasai Hit Mark Over Comment About Northern Leaders! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, on Friday tendered an unreserved apology to Senate President, David Mark, over the assault on him by a member of the House when he visited the lower chamber on Thursday.A statement by Senate President's Chief Press Secretary, Paul Mumeh, said the speaker appealed to Mark to pardon the misdeed of Abdul Malik Usman Cheche (PDP, Niger) who reportedly held the Senate president by his shoulders, shaking him vehemently and almost removed his cap when the latter visited the House chamber to calm frayed nerves following the pandemonium that accompanied the invasion of the National Assembly by security forces.The invasion followed attempts by the police to stop Tambuwal from gaining access to the National Assembly as a result of his defection from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to All Progressives Congress (APC) on October 28.Earlier, Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, had apologised to Mark over the unruly behaviour of Cheche, promising to discipline him for assaulting the Senate president whom he described as a statesman and former military governor of Niger State.The statement which quoted Mark as saying he had forgiven Cheche for his action, also explained the reason for his visit to the House of Representatives' chamber at the height of the pandemonium which engulfed the National Assembly on Thursday.According to the statement, Mark said he visited the House "to ascertain the safety of Speaker Aminu Tambuwal and his colleagues having received reports that canisters of tear gas were targeted at the lawmakers."The statement added: "I also went to confer with Mr. Speaker on the need to suspend plenary in both chambers in order to restore sanity to an environment that had turned restive and becoming uncontrollable. My intention was to safeguard the sanctity of the hallowed chamber and to guarantee the respect of the legislature. I consider the unwarranted and needless attack on my person by Hon. Abdulmalik Usman Cheche as a price and sacrifice for leadership. It is a sacrifice I am prepared to accept."I was physically stopped at the gate and prevented from accessing the National Assembly complex for about an hour. I was also tear gassed at the lobby of the White House as I made my return from the Green Chamber. In all these, I bear no ill feeling. AbdulMalik is my colleague. I have forgiven him. I believe we can continue to work together in the interest of peace and sustenance of democracy."Like I have repeatedly said, I will do anything necessary to keep the sanctity of the parliament as an institution and safeguard the respect of every legislator. I therefore urge all political actors to always remember that we must first have a nation before we can achieve our various individual ambitions. We must at all times restrain ourselves from actions that cannot add value to our hard earned democracy. We should remain guided by the rules no matter how strongly we perceive our positions to be the most appropriate," Mark said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tambuwal-apologises-to-mark-over-assault-by-house-member/194777/

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
After Mark don collect red star mark for body...

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by aljharem(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
APC e-goons were telling us that the member was right for assaulting Mark. Even their oga is apologising.

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by omenka(m): 9:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
Omooba77:
After Mark don collect red star mark for body...
Can you show us the red star he received?? Did mark talk about receiving any red star?? It is high time we toned down this rhetoric. When shiit eventually hits the fans, we would definitely be the ones at the receiving end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by 9jii(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Tambuwal na correct guy that's why he's giving the bad guys sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Gboliwe: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
The janja--weed wey he smoke has cleared off his eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Even Gbaja,American trained lawyer was not left out;it was a case of living in Rome and behaving as a Roman!

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
omenka:
Can you show us the red star he received?? Did mark talk about receiving any red star?? It is high time we toned down this rhetoric. When shiit eventually hits the fans, we would definitely be the ones at the receiving end.
I guess you watched the media sir..

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
If I were Tambuwal,I will honourably resign as Speaker and pursue my agenda to be Sokoto governor,how can 189 be less than 159?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Blueboy0402: 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
We can all see the drama as it unfolds in our eyes and I'm appalled by the comments of some of us. We abuse one another which such impunity as though our lives depend on it. Why then do we the youth fight over nothing? why do we abuse ourselves? why do we expend so much energy and valuable time on politicians who do not care whether you exist or not? If we have so much energy why don't we channel it towards better things? Don't waste your life and time!! Tambuwa, David Mark, Amaechi, GEJ, Tinubu etc all know when and where to sit and pop champagne. Don't forget politics is all about ''INTEREST''. These politicians interest comes first, they don't care about you.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Blueboy0402:
We can all see the drama as it unfolds in our eyes and I'm appalled by the comments of some of us. We abuse one another which such impunity as though our lives depend on it. Why then do we the youth fight over nothing? why do we abuse ourselves? why do we expend so much energy and valuable time on politicians who do not care whether you exist or not? If we have so much energy why don't we channel it towards better things? Don't waste your life and time!! Tambuwa, David Mark, Amaechi, GEJ, Tinubu etc all know when and where to sit and pop champagne. Don't forget politics is all about ''INTEREST''. These politicians interest comes first, they don't care about you.
Thank you jare;if they care about us;they will not impose taxes and increase our school tuition astronomically.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
omenka:
He was held by shoulder and shaken.........
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by pendicle: 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:
APC e-goons were telling us that the member was right for assaulting Mark. Even their oga is apologising.

Wetin concern APC for this matter? You saw PDP NIGER slapped hotly PDP BENUE

It is a family matter, PDP is both SLAPPER and the SLAPPED.

APC are the peace makers

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by tonytony208(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Omooba77:

and you are happy about that?!
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by tonytony208(m): 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Omooba77:

and you are happy about that?! How come your life and mind are so decayed?! Kindly tell us what went wrong with your life; or were you born this way?!
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Bamss1: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mark has grown to b a matured man and Democrat, I think am liking him smiley
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by hairyanus: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Both men are gentlemen surrounded by rascals.
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by tit(f): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Tambuwal has no business in the House, like me.
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by scribble: 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
nonsense

I hope Mark sends his goons on the hush to deal with the baggar

but biko David should stop giving all the national cake to Chika Ike

and Tambuwal should stop giving to UNILAG, UNIPORT and UNI ABJ babes...or is there no UNI in Sokoto with confirm babes
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by princealbashir: 12:57am On Nov 23, 2014
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by lilprinze: 1:54am On Nov 23, 2014
why is he apologizing now I thought they said they were fighting for their rights.
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by menesheh(m): 2:39am On Nov 23, 2014
Senseless Tambuwal the author of confusion.

Defecting to terrorism party
Picked (still planning to) Presidential ticket
Withdrawn from the Presidential race
Picked governorship ticket
Broked legislative gate
Mobilize gangs
Insulting PDP of which he was a member
Still trying to precide over the house
Insulting the Nigeria police
Causing state of lawlessness in the house he was supposed to organize.

Finally

Apologizing

Killing your political career gradually by yourself

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by egift(m): 4:03am On Nov 23, 2014
Kudos Mr. Tambuwal. You made it to the Floor of the House and stamped shame on the Faces of the Zoologist and his Crew. To God be the Glory!

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by MeAndYou(m): 4:26am On Nov 23, 2014
Good move, though a little bit late. Mark had already done the needful.
Story should have been - Tanbuwal hails Mark for his humility and magnanimity.
Because, if na Mr Speaker received half of that slap ...walahi, he no go porgib am atol grin
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by kestolove95(m): 5:30am On Nov 23, 2014
pendicle:

Wetin concern APC for this matter? You saw PDP NIGER slapped hotly PDP BENUE

It is a family matter, PDP is both SLAPPER and the SLAPPED.

APC are the peace makers
abg tell d fool make e undastnd vry well.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by egift(m): 5:38am On Nov 23, 2014
aljharem:

Your sickness is getting ugly. Tell your PDP man to stop his madness. read below:

...the misdeed of Abdul Malik Usman Cheche (PDP, Niger) who reportedly held the Senate president by his shoulders, shaking him vehemently and almost removed his cap
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 23, 2014
former speaker

Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2014
We need strong judiciary and uncompromising one to interpret our laws...
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2014
tonytony208:

and you are happy about that?! How come your life and mind are so decayed?! Kindly tell us what went wrong with your life; or were you born this way?!
Because of lack of respect and moral upbringing;that is why a member will manhandled Senate President and you too will resort to abuse of a fellow nairalander.God bless you.
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by tonytony208(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Omooba77:

Because of lack of respect and moral upbringing;that is why a member will manhandled Senate President and you too we resort to abuse of a fellow nairalander.God bless you.

your English is poorly composed and i can't make a sense out of any of the nonsense you wrote.
Re: Tambuwal Apologises To Mark Over Assault By House Member by Omooba77: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
tonytony208:

your English is poorly composed and i can't make a sense out of any of the nonsense you wrote.
God bless you;must you abuse and write in harsh tone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot pix of Buhari's daughter / GEJ Will Use Chief Of Army Staff To Retain Power-APC / Suggest The Office Ameachi Should Occupy In This New Gov't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.