Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? (40325 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / What Conditions Should Warrant A D.N.A Test. / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by ebosed: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
Zakkyoz:
Use your instinct. Quit when you are fed up. Marriage is designed to be enjoyed and not endured.

Even if you are single or never married and would never get married you must still endure and enjoy life. Life is both negative and positive.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by olowolekan(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
Listen everyone. If you divorce your wife as a result of fornication then you are not to marry as long as she is still alive. You remain unmarried till she dies.if you marry while she lives then forget going to heaven.that is more reasons you are to pray well enough before marriage.this applies to heaven bound Christian not church goer. Please forgive your spouse if you can't abide by these instruction.may The Lord help us .Amen

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
I pity naija girls for real, @ church they will rush out when altar call is made for singles who wanna hook up, and after church walk up to them and say hi, thy will tell you, "I'm hooked, "I'm not searching please " "I am not this, "I am not that... the worst of all, they will pretend all is well.....why not face the reality, be humble and come other from deceit and be urself, be real and stop crying in silence........ #single_girls_na_una_sabi_oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kemmiiee:

What if your husband constantly assaults you, almost to the point of death ?

Leave the house for him and don't go back to him until e changes.if he divorce u den it is him dat has sin not u. U will just become a married singlegrin
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
cold:
So assuming i decide to turn my spouse into an anger management therapy session. Pummelling her to pulp at the slightest excuse. She should put up with it and just endure. Wow! I love Christianity.

Why would u as a Christian pulp ur wife.some people don't know d meaning of christian.if I were ur wife I will leave d house for u wen konji catch u will come beg or commit adultery and I will divorce u. As simple as dat.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Samabu07(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
Knowyaself:

Thank u my dear. People just apply the scripture selfishly - even if u divorce on the grounds of adultery, the condition is that u have to remain single, otherwise u should forgive your spouse and continue to live with him/her. There're no grounds to divorce and remarry. This is the bitter truth.

Yes bro, folks take the part that suits them and turn a blind eye to ones that don't. And their friends and family won't man-up to say what's right and what's not.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I just want to tell truth and fact always no matter how bitter it was or it is.

PS: Partners should only confer to themselves. A third party should not interfere with their non applicable advises in your relationship. Learn to sort yourselves out by yourselves.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by efficiencie(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
you can divorce provided you've made up your mind to be single till your divorced partner dies...
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by paulshakur: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by doshpki(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
on no account should one divorce his wife, not even adultery. The only ground on which divorce the Church may grant divorce is marriage by deceit - for example, a man who is impotent marries a woman by deceiving her without revealing his inability to procreate. Also a woman who knows she no longer has a womb marries a man without telling him she cannot give him a child. That marriage is declared null and void. Note: the aggrieved party should be able to prove it without any reasonable doubt.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
mencade5:
90% of christian marriages are shameful in the sight of God. A big disgrace.

God is never present in almost all weddings conducted in churches these days.

Reasons are double standard by the pastors. Instead of preaching abstinence they encouraged a fornicationalized relationship and joining them together in marriage.

Most of the ladies getting married are either 3 weeks, 1 month, or 4 months pregnants. Having the odacity to stand before a holy God is pure nonsense.

If God was their to bless them at all, he would have used a big thunder to strike these couples.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves all in the name of marriage. Divorce is rampant these days in christedom even the so called pastoprenuer are not left out.

Divorce will continue. Let people keep deceiving themselves. God does not attend saturday wedding these days. Quote me anywhere.

He hates adultery, he hates fornication, he hates murder ''abortion''.

Tell me most of these couples dont do this. Even the week of their wedding they still display this fornicating traits going round to sleep with the so called love of their lives for the last time before saying i do.

The world system has entered the church and its a big shame. Divorce will never stop after all when a man is impotent they woman will pack her property and run, later divorce follow.

When a woman cannot conceive, the man sends her away to get another woman.

Are these ones christians? They are all eye sores in the sight of God.
Truth...you nailed it sir

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by HirstMOG(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
Zakkyoz:
Use your instinct. Quit when you are fed up. Marriage is designed to be enjoyed and not endured.

I guess you can as well hang yourself when life prove difficult for you right?

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by HirstMOG(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Zakkyoz:

I guess you can as well hang yourself when life prove difficult for you right since you quit in any bad situation?
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by HirstMOG(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Zakkyoz:

I guess you can as well hang yourself when life prove difficult for you right since you quit in any bad situation? I don't know how old you are, but if you are still a young man, you can't be a good leader of tomorrow.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
Originalsly:
What part of the Bible is anything like death do us part written? That is not in the Bible....google is your friend...find out the source of all these sayings instead of blindly repeating and passing them on.
Bible permits one to remarry after d death of one's spouse dats where I think its inferred.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by efficiencie(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Many just get married without recognizing the spiritual significance of VOWS!

It is written:

Ecclesiastes 5:5-6
Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

If your husband beats you as a wife. Leave the house but don't attempt divorce. When he's sexually pressured he'll either come looking for you or get an alternative.
That alternative ofcourse would amount to breaking the vows he made and if he does that and files for a divorce then INVOKE the power of ECCLESIASTES 5:5-6 and go to the LORD who joined you two. The LORD God will DESTROY THE WORKS OF HIS HANDS which includes the NEW WIFE, NEW GIRLFRIEND, his BUSINESS etc and by the time his life is CRUMBLED he'll likely seek witch doctors first but it is written:

Revelation 3:8...behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it...

What the LORD God does no one else can undo it so he'll have no other option than to go to the same God that joined him in holy matrimony to you.

When he gets to Lord he'll meet a prophet that'll tell him his error and the remedy. In the end he'll come back to you a CHANGED MAN...

Remember it is written:

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Don't go into marriage a spiritual novice...Grow in the word, in the Spirit and in Love!

2 Likes

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Beey(f): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Iam a Christian but I cannot cope with these: 1 Infidelity - A cheating spouse is a health hazard.They can easily send you into an early grave. If you get one like that,run & don't look back. 2 Physical abuse- An abusive spouse who beats the lights out of you doesn't deserve you.If like their cheating cousin they don't kill you,then they might leave you paralyzed. *Run* 3 .A pysopath spouse.This kind,will do things that many of only read about in novels or watch in movies.This kind can molest your child or they can easily add poison to your drink.They can lie in the name of God & look into your eye & have zero% remorse for their actions.This is what I like to refer to as the spouse from hell.If you get one like that friends,take off immediately ,tomorrow might be too late.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by mutualrespect(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
The bible is clear in this regard, the book of Malachi says God hates divorce. And should you divorce, it has to be adultery and you must remain unmarried even as a divorcee until the other party dies. This is biblical standard unless you are a xtian. Regards,
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by fireforfire: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
In my own opinion, Violence n fetishism is enuf to cause divorce irrespective of how high d bible is carried in dat marriage.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Beey(f): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
mutualrespect:
The bible is clear in this regard, the book of Malachi says God hates divorce. And should you divorce, it has to be adultery and you must remain unmarried even as a divorcee until the other party dies. This is biblical standard unless you are a xtian. Regards,
Many women have died in the hands of violent men.Some stayed for the sake of kids & others forgave into their graves.Are you saying that such women should stay with their husbands because the Bible isn't black & white clear about the issue of physical abuse?

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Maximus85(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
according to the Bible, in the case of domestic violence, separation is allowed but apostle paul under inspiration said the separated mates should remain single, if the get married, they have committed adultery.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by bosunjohns(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
No divorce in Christianity. Period.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
ojuoluwani:
The question is ARE U A REAL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN? If yes the only condition for divorce that bible made us to know is if there is case of ADULTERY u can divorce your wife if there is a confirm case of adultery except this no other condition for a truly born again Christian. Any pastor or church that support divorce simply because of domestic crises are product of hell fire remember u both made vow FOR BETTER FOR WORSE, FOR RICHER FOR POORER , IN SICKNESS IN HEALTH , IN CRISIS IN PEACE. My brother please before u choose seek the eyes of God. I'm a victim I'm facing a very hard domestic crisis presently I'm praying to God for forgiveness and breakthrough all loving Christian should pray for me too
God will see u thru, just try all humanly possible means to make it work. His grace is more than sufficient for u.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by oblando(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THE ONLY TWO SEASONS WHY MARRIAGE WOULDN'T CONTINUE IS 1)UNFAITHFULNESS AND (2) DEATH. ANYTHING MORE OR LESS THAN THIS IS UNBIBLICAL AND ITS A SIN.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by deltateam: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
speakthetruth:
Better to be single than to divorce. Marriage of course is a requisite for divorce. The absolute truth in christendom is never to divorce once married except you are a joker: no acceptable excuse to break up after marriage not even the popularly quoted-out-of-cotext case of adultery.

Very true but where once life is at stake you may leave temporarily never to remarry though..
Divorce is not biblical according to new testament where jesus stated that divorce was recommended cos of hardness of people's hearts.

Truth where divorce occurs most times is when christians marry unbelievers.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
galaxybabe:
How bout whrn one gets married to person of same blood group without knowing eg AS married to AS, and the woman hid the fact dat she was AS and she nd her family forged a wrong blood group test of AA just so she can marry"a us based man" praying nd beliving that tins will change cos the are believers(like dey claimed ) and after one year she put to birth in d US and her son was SS,there twas discoverd she was AS, in this case can it be so unchristian to divorce??
Do u mean people can go dis far? However, forgiveness is still d key, u know forgiveness is not forgetting but remembering without revenge n hurt.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by toludadon(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
My question goes to the pastors, would You rather officiate at the funeral of a lady to advising her to bow out of an abusive marriage?
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by deltateam: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
doshpki:
on no account should one divorce his wife, not even adultery. The only ground on which divorce the Church may grant divorce is marriage by deceit - for example, a man who is impotent marries a woman by deceiving her without revealing his inability to procreate. Also a woman who knows she no longer has a womb marries a man without telling him she cannot give him a child. That marriage is declared null and void. Note: the aggrieved party should be able to prove it without any reasonable doubt.

You lie. There's nno grounds for divorce in christendom. You are confusing the law and the Bible.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by deltateam: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
toludadon:
My question goes to the pastors, would You rather officiate at the funeral of a lady to advising her to bow out of an abusive marriage?

My question goes to you, will you obey God or your senses? For the wisdom of men is foolishness in the sight of God.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Beey(f): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
deltateam:

My question goes to you, will you obey God or your senses? For the wisdom of men is foolishness in the sight of God.
You did not answer the question all you did was bring in another question.We want a "yes" or "no" answer. Proverbs 4:6-7" Do not forsake wisdom, she will protect you ;love her and she will watch over you."Wisdom will protect you from potential premature death that could be caused by making dumb decisions
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by henrijin: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Some of you are funny o. When you're suffering in your marriage, you stay put eh? Ok contunu! Moreover most of what we have are not marriages but mere weddings
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by mencade5(m): 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
cynalvy:

Truth...you nailed it sir
sister one has to speak the truth to some extent reduce this evil acts most people keep hiding.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by nas4q(m): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
aisha2:

Did Okotie write the book of Malachai chapter 2? Go and read your bible and stop projecting your ignorance on me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.