Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? (40346 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / What Conditions Should Warrant A D.N.A Test. / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
command01:
balderdash!

Its the bible and Gods word you are insulting not mine

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by honeric01(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jeezuzpick:

Sir, you gotta Bible, right?

Read John Chapter 3 Verse 3.

What is your take on what you just read?

You seems not to understand.. To be a Christian, you must be born again, true or false?
Part of the requirements to being a christian is to be born of water and of the holy spirit.
The apostles were not called "born of again Christians" there were called "Christians".
Become christ-like and you won't need to use born again to qualify yourself.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Elxandre(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Samabu07:

Abobi stop to dey bring words out of my mouth...I am not your conscience. Do what you feel is right and take full responsibility of it afterwards!
But that was what you said now bros.. Lol.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by bukkytroni: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
God hates divorce. Read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

It is high time babies who dont know their left from right stop getting into what they dont understand. Lets rather focus on teaching young people that marriage is for grown ups. How many youth of nowadays are proud of the fact that they came from broken homes? How many people's direction in life today was shapened by the absence of a father figure while they were being brought up?

My answer to DIVORCE is NO. If you have put yourself in an unfortunate situation where divorce is looking like the only way out, it is not God's fault, it is because you refused to listen somewhere along the way....
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Samabu07(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Elxandre:

But that was what you said now bros.. Lol.

Brotherly, inside all my post na that context you pull out...you harsh sha...

Sup with you? How's your sunday going?

I am very much single...I never see the mother of my kids yet...she's still hiding I guess...me don tire to look for her o. Lol.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by olukayraph(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
God said I HATE DIVORCE. MALACHI 2 vs 16.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by peedeeasobie(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
speakthetruth:
Better to be single than to divorce. Marriage of course is a requisite for divorce. The absolute truth in christendom is never to divorce once married except you are a joker: no acceptable excuse to break up after marriage not even the popularly quoted-out-of-cotext case of adultery.

this right here is the reason why most women have been abused and killed in their marriages because of the perceived notion of "no acceptable reason" for divorce.

if a man abuses a lady, is that still a marriage?
where one of the parties lied about a fundamental thing, is that still a marriage?
what if the man was gay but didn't tell the woman, after marriage he abandons her for another man?
what if one of the parties had HIV but didn't disclose it till the other party found after the marriage?

study the context in which God said he hates divorce, it was because men were maltreating their wives by putting them away just to have another woman.
God hates divorce not the divorcee.

God loves you more than the marriage. if the marriage is hurting you, leave it!

2 Likes

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by gentlelyfe(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
first..dere s nofing like born again christian...a born again is also a christian n u cant b a christian if ur nt a born again
its only death can seperate marriage though adultery can also lead to such if d offended refused to acept d offender bak evn after 4giveness...but if evry1 can 4give at such incidence den death alone will b d reason for divorce
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
honeric01:

I hope you saw the headline? it's talking about a christian, infact a "born again" christian.

Is ur 'born again' bigger than the bible? The bible says the rule is: death or adultery may end a marriage. U want to give another intepretation? Or was a separate bible written for 'born agains'
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by franugo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=mencade5 post=28277281] who is talking about piety.....it is message like this that nigerians hate to hear. Am not a pastor mr man. No one is perfect but what stops us from doing the right thing instead of this shameful acts.

No wonder corruption continues to cripple this nation due to the fact that people hate to hear you say the truth to them.[/quote

yea thats totally true, but ur previous comment was kinda condemnful(if e dey dictionarygrin} of actions that, essentially everyone does, as if u no dey do am. Charity begins at home man. When u don fit dey pure, we go hear u then.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by honeric01(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Poznan:

Is ur 'born again' bigger than the bible? The bible says the rule is: death or adultery may end a marriage. U want to give another intepretation? Or was a separate bible written for 'born agains'

Seems you're not getting me, i am not for "born again" eish, i was only telling the person i quoted to understand the OP is asking for the opinion of people based on christian doctrine.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by franugo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
peedeeasobie:

this right here is the reason why most women have been abused and killed in their marriages because of the perceived notion of "no acceptable reason" for divorce.

if a man abuses a lady, is that still a marriage?
where one of the parties lied about a fundamental thing, is that still a marriage?
what if the man was gay but didn't tell the woman, after marriage he abandons her for another man?
what if one of the parties had HIV but didn't disclose it till the other party found after the marriage?

study the context in which God said he hates divorce, it was because men were maltreating their wives by putting them away just to have another woman.
God hates divorce not the divorcee.

God loves you more than the marriage. if the marriage is hurting you, leave it!

though am nt much of a kristain, but may god bless u a thousand fold!! <if he does exist>
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by idoncome: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
galaxybabe:
How bout whrn one gets married to person of same blood group without knowing eg AS married to AS, and the woman hid the fact dat she was AS and she nd her family forged a wrong blood group test of AA just so she can marry"a us based man" praying nd beliving that tins will change cos the are believers(like dey claimed ) and after one year she put to birth in d US and her son was SS,there twas discoverd she was AS, in this case can it be so unchristian to divorce??
this is what tallesty was trying to say. in catholic church it is called annulment( not divorce). the marriage can be annuled and the couples go their way cos the marriage was never valid(cannonically).

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by spirit88: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
marriage is not for babes. its not a matter of enjoyment. people have painted it as a very lovely thing but not so. though u can make ur marriage an enjoyable one if only u can take along with u these things
1, u must have a common foundation ie, faith, belief, etc
2, tolerance
3, patience
4, love
5, forgiving spirit
6, accommodating
7, wisdom[color=#006600]marriage is not for babes. its not a matter of enjoyment. people have painted it as a very lovely thing but not so. though u can make ur marriage an enjoyable one if only u can take along with u these things
1, u must have a common foundation ie, faith, belief, etc
2, tolerance
3, patience
4, love
5, forgiving spirit
6, accommodating
7, wisdom
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Mhizdimplez(f): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
franugo:

shockedshocked mhizdimples ni?? Where is dechandel Someone wants 2 take ur crown ogringrin
#MISSsexiestDIMPLES

me no take things other people .... momma no teach me to do that

I have my CROWN..... :p

and yes.You're right...
#missSEXIESTdimples.. grin
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by franugo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mhizdimplez:

me no take things other people .... momma no teach me to do that

I have my CROWN..... :p

and yes.You're right...
#missSEXIESTdimples.. grin

pics or adonbilivitcheesy
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by bandol(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
sammieguze:
Biblically, fornication and death.

Mat 19, 7-10
the vow u made on your wedding day says u would love and abide with your spouse till death do u part. Not even adultery has d power to separate you. Think well before u marry. Once u enter it, there's no reverse gear.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Mhizdimplez(f): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
franugo:

pics or adonbilivitcheesy

Me no show people me pictures on Sundays......
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by supereagle(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
What God has joined together let know put assunder.
God hates putting away.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by idoncome: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
FreddywellsNGN:

...gather the exact crowd to where...and seated before the same priest? Is the church that will commence the divorce process? this is a dulling arrangement of the highest order.

ved in the divorce process ?
bros this is analogy, meaning 'impossible'.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
For we christians who are followers of Christ, divorce is not an option. Till death do us apart was the vow that was made. We are not permitted to renege on our vows. Jesus said Moses because of your hardness of heart said you should divorce but FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO. Someone said, marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. This is not true as there is need for tolerance and endurance. In fact, our love for our spouse is tested during difficult times. Let's take for example, the first family in the world: Adam and Eve. With the atrocities and problems that Eve caused Adam such that Adam was cursed and sent out of the garden of Eden yet he never divorce his wife. If Adam did not divorce Eve after the great error that brought horror to his destiny then none of us should consider divorce as an option. I speak only to all of us who are desirous of making it to God's kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by mokset123: 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Like you said it 'born again Christian' there is no reason except on the grounds of infidelity. But even at that your vows say for better for worse.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Elxandre(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Samabu07:

Brotherly, inside all my post na that context you pull out...you harsh sha...

Sup with you? How's your sunday going?

I am very much single...I never see the mother of my kids yet...she's still hiding I guess...me don tire to look for her o. Lol.
My day was okay o.
Attended winners chapel instead of my regular CAC..... Proximity issues.
Hehehe... Don't worry she will find you very soon.
She probably just read your last comment sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
its been stated clearly in the bible that only on grounds of adultery and cases of death u are not to divorce be it bx of
she cant cook well
he/she is poor in bed
he/she smells e.t.c

if u do na hell fire sure ooo
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by adeolu17(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
in a situation someone discovered that ur so call wife has been shitting on u before married and they still continued after marriage and other eventually gave birth to the each other.and she still want to stay in the marriage. So what can some do
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
Based on the bible, once you are married, there's no going back. except when there's a case of adultery or death.

Today, people have minor differences and still divorce.
As a child of God, is it acceptable to divorce under any condition apart from adultery?

Can a Christian get married, and probably after realising the spouse is not good enough or not up to what he/she desires and ask for a divorce, and then remarries. Either this or remain in the marriage unhappy for ever.

Can a Christian ask for divorce when there's domestic violence or stay in the marriage till the end of time?

Please share with us based on God's word. Is there any reason why a child of God should divorce apart from adultery?

I think Mathew 19:9 is very clear on this. The only biblical reason for divorce is infidelity.

Anything short of that is not acceptable. A wife may decide to separate (take note, this is different from a divorce) from her husband if she rightfully determines that her continued stay will pose a direct threat to her life or health. However, from the Bible's standpoint, she has no moral backing for seeking a divorce and subsequent marriage to another man. Doing so will be adultery.

Same thing applies the other way round

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
aisha2:
Twisting the bible again. Biblically nothing like till.death do you part those are roman vows.
The reason God said " I hate divorce" was because the men of Israel had hard hearts and would marry and divorce their wives on flimsy grounds. Hence Jesus gave conditions for divorce just to moderate it.

There is room and grounds for divorce is the bible and no divorce is not a sin.
Do we not all have one Father[b]? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Malachi 2 from verse 11

11 Judah has been unfaithful. A detestable thing has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem: Judah has desecrated the sanctuary the Lord loves by marrying women who worship a foreign god. 12 As for the man who does this, whoever he may be, may the Lord remove him from the tents of Jacob[c]—even though he brings an offering to the Lord Almighty.

13 Another thing you do: You flood the Lord’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer looks with favor on your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. 14 You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring.[d] So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,”[e] says the Lord Almighty.

So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.
if only we had more studious Christians than superstitious ones. thanks for clearing that up

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Samabu07(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Elxandre:

My day was okay o.
Attended winners chapel instead of my regular CAC..... Proximity issues.
Hehehe... Don't worry she will find you very soon.
She probably just read your last comment sef cheesy

Okay bruv...she's reading my posts? I hope so too!
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by uzolexis(f): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
Catholics do not call it divorce. We call it "Annulment".

A priest can annul marriage when he discovers that the sacrament of the marriage wasn't valid.

If a Catholic spouse fails to follow the Canonical Form of marriage, as outlined by Catholics, then simple process is followed in order to Nullify the union based on a lack of Canonical Form.

Once the marriage is nullified by the tribunal, the spouse are free to marry again and receive holy communion.

The church will issue a decree statin that the bond of the sacrament of marriage was never present from the very beginning of the marriage.

On what grounds can a marriage be annulled? Adultery, domestic violence, deceit
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by holyboss: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
tdayof:
you get time to dey type epistle embarassed
epistle cry
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by holyboss: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
adexsimply:

Rubbish angry
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship / Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.