Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode (1605 Views)

House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / PDP Didn’t Win Elections In S’east – Kalu / APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by smallJagaban: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-
Kayode, has called on the federal government
to give more attention to federal roads in the
South East geopolitical zone which he said
were in very deplorable condition.
Kayode who made the call while addressing
journalists in Umuahia, after his two- day visit
to Abia State, noted with disgust the sorry
state of the Ohafia-Arochukwu federal
highway through which he said he drove to
Ohafia where he had attended a reception
ceremony organised for the Nigerian High
Commissioner to Canada, Chief Ojo
Maduekwe.
The former Aviation boss said “as one with
influence on the federal government,” he
would talk to his friend, the Minister of works
to visit the state with a view to fixing the
federal roads “both in Abia and other parts of
South East.”
Kayode, however, commended Governor
Theodore Orji who he said had posted some
remarkable ” legacy projects” in the state, and
applauded him for also championing the
cause of the South East.
He said leaders like Orji had made
commendable efforts in building bridges
across tribal divides, adding that Orji is
among detribalised Nigerian leaders whose
actions have continued to foster unity in the
country.
Answering questions on how the aviation
industry fared while he held sway, Kayode said
his “mandate was to come and stop plane
crashes” which were prevalent before his
coming on board.
He said before his appointment, over 453
persons perished within one year in three
separate crashes , adding that when he came
on stage ” all those crashes stopped but
resumed three months after I left office.”
The former Aviation Minister said the ministry
was cash-strapped in his days, hence he could
not achieve much in terms of infrastructural
development.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-should-pay-more-attention-to-seast-roads-fani-kayode/
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by seanet02: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
I just dey laugh.
So six years is not enough to rehabilitate the roads in South (YEAST)?
Some people are about to be used as pawns again.
I bow before others.

10 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by seanet02: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Theodore orji has performed wonders that is why South (YEAST) roads are in a very pathetic condition.
Who says F.F.K is not talented than Mr. Beans?

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
FFK is foolishness personified in human form

Everybody is his friend and Brother

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
See FFK dey take style yab I-bow(ibo) tribe

1 Like

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by focus7: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Igbos living in deception since 1800. They are the one that shout the most "Jonathan is working", "Jonathan transformation agenda", ";Jonathan till 2019" and still the federal infrastructure in the south is deplorable compare to other regions.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Tsolz: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Good job FFK. People like T.A. Orji and other South east leaders should be in the fore front calling for Federal Governments's attention to those roads, especially Rochas Okorocha who claims to be in the opposition
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by banki(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Well....

The impression I got was that all the FEDRAL roads along the South East have been constructed and reconstructed and infact put into great shape....

That was until I got to Onitsha on Monday last week and went though to Enugu, Abakaliki by road.... I would only urge my fellow young Nigerians to vote people that truly have a track record of performance.... to change this country and all that we have.... enough of all this mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by egift(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
My dear Aligbo, this is what we have become for embarking on politics of sentiments and blindness - Imagine FFK of all people. Ewu ataam igu na isi.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by egift(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
soroptimist:
FFK is foolishness personified in human form

Everybody is his friend and Brother

When last did you travel through Akwa-Enugu express?
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ffk leave us with our road, gej is the best thing to happen to our region. Tell me one road hausa government built in the south east? Before gej we were riding camel, today we have world class airport. Gej or nothing.

7 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Olaolufred(m): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
[size=14pt] SO, FFK IS STILL IN LOVE WITH OMALICHA.
AAAAAAH, HE CAN NEVER FORGET THE BLESSINGS OJUKWU LEFT FOR HIM. FFK IS A BLESSED SHAREHOLDER.
[/size]
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Rich4god(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
No doubt... SE roads are in a serious mess... Enugu-Onitsha express road is one hell of a jungle...

1 Like

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Olaolufred(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Rich4god:
No doubt... SE roads are in a serious mess... Enugu-Onitsha express road is one hell of a jungle...

[size=14pt] NO, I DISAGREE.
THRE CAN NEVER BE ANY POTHOLE FOUND ON ANY SE ROAD.
I TRUST GOOFLUCK. GOOFLUCK TILL 2100 OR 20100- AS FAR AS YOU EYES CAN SEE. [/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by courage54(m): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
FFK is fighting for his in-laws. No man can easily forget any lady that gives the best bleeping.

But in a saner society the like of FFK alt to be in prison by now.

Sai Buhari

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Tsolz: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
courage54:
FFK is fighting for his in-laws. No man can easily forget any lady that gives the best bleeping.

But in a saner society the like of FFK alt to be in prison by now.

Sai Buhari
Akhigbe maybe it is your foolish mom that FFK bleeped.
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by philips70(m): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Good one coming from the latest TAN patron. But how did the Ndigbos got this scammed and what exactly is GEJ using on them? Is it not better they remain neutral than go everywhere singing praises of a supposed adopted son who has so disappointed and scammed them?

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by mrvitalis(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
yes my igbo brothers....dnt worry Christmas is here already and u will all see the wonders jonathan has done to use ooh
.....we are now seen as cash and carry politician
...i will say this ...if u like kill me ...i dnt kia
..hausa like igbo man more the any tribe likes igbo man in nigeria
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Ngwakwe: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thank Goodness, the South East still supports President Goodluck Jonathan for being fair to every region in Nigeria.

All we asked for was equity and sense of belonging. This we have gotten and more we still expect.

We never seek for more share of national resources than others rather give us one if others are receiving one each as we patiently wait for the next

People should stop crying more than the bereaved, majority of South Easterners prefer GEJ and refuse to be intimidated or manipulated and there is nothing other regions can do to change it.

What any concerned citizen should do is to understudy why this trend and whatever lack of trust imbibed amid better offers and do the needed.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by kenex4ever(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:
Ffk leave us with our road, gej is the best thing to happen to our region. Tell me one road hausa government built in the south east? Before gej we were riding camel, today we have world class airport. Gej or nothing.
are u for GMB or GEJ? I just want to know
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Oment7: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Tsolz:

Akhigbe maybe it is your foolish mom that FFK bleeped.
Tsolz is this you?
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by Olaolufred(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
kenex4ever:

IT DOES NOT MATTER.
GOOFLUCK IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE OBIAGELLIS.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by DelGardo: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
kenex4ever:

Read between the lines... it is called sarcasm
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by yinchar(m): 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Smh for my brothers in SS & SE, they have been blinded by their ethnic & religious bigotry to know how clueless this man his, anyway all I can say is....

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by moneybag100: 1:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Ffk leave them with their wahala now...naso BIANCA OJUKWU toto sweet reach?
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by cocoduck: 5:25am On Nov 24, 2014
look at 1diots, how many kilometers of federal road does Nigeria have? 30,000km, GEJ met only 5000 of it motorable, now the number of motorable federal roads has risen to 25,000km. GEJ the other day stated clearly in London that in the next tenure he will finish the remaining 5000km and start building entirely new federal roads. Do you think we are like the proverbial tortoise that fell into a septic tank and remained there for long while shouting for help but got none, after many years in the septic tank, someone by mistake found out where he was, all these years and immediately decided to help him out, all the tortoise could say is, hey be fast this place stinks a lot, ( he has been inhaling the bad odor for many years o). we just have to be patient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by kenex4ever(m): 6:22am On Nov 24, 2014
DelGardo:

Read between the lines... it is called sarcasm
That's a failed attempt of sarcasm.
Because she wrote down facts there, the only thing ironical in her lines is the "riding camel" part.
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by condralbede(m): 6:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Abia state is the worst,I went for work there last week.off okigwe rd,the road that suppose to link people to express rd through osisioma rd,before I could get to faulks rd whr am expected to work I hv been already exhausted.Men I pity the people of aba that day.That Governor did nothing for them.
Re: FG Should Pay More Attention To S’east Roads -fani-kayode by omenka(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2014
egift:
My dear Aligbo, this is what we have become for embarking on politics of sentiments and blindness - Imagine FFK of all people. Ewu ataam igu na isi.
cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where On Earth Is 13volts? / Buhari Reportedly Booed By Angry Protesters Outside Chatham House, Tweets / 4 States That Will Do Anything For Pres. Gej & Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.