Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east (3255 Views)

APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket / APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by solapex: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency to S’East

27 Aug 2013
Font Size: a / A

APC logo

Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

As the All Progressives Congress (APC) continues to tinker with a strategy to gain nationwide acceptance and triumph over the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 general election, the party may have decided to zone the vice presidency to the South-east geopolitical zone, THISDAY has learnt.

Sources within the APC leadership informed THISDAY that contrary to the widespread belief that it would zone the number two slot to the South-west, its target is the South-east, in order to break the stranglehold the PDP has in the region as well as the South-south zone.

They said the South-east is critical to the party as it moves to gain nationwide spread and acceptability in the key geopolitical zones in the country.

One party official explained that APC would rather zero in on the South-east for the vice presidency because it is confident that it already has the South-west and North-west, the zones that account for the largest number of registered voters, in the kitty.

“Our strategy is to pair a northern Moslem candidate with a Christian running mate from the South-east, as this will enable us capture votes from the north, South-east and parts of the South-south, which also boasts Igbo-speaking indigenes.

“By zoning the vice presidency to the south east, we would also be helping our brothers across the Niger (South-easterners) actualise their quest for the presidency, as the vice-president is just a heart beat away from the president.

“Under the current zoning arrangement that the PDP is offering the South-east, people from the zone would have a slimmer chance of capturing the presidency in the foreseeable future.

“But with the vice presidency in their grasp, their dream will be easier to attain,” the APC official explained.
Other APC sources also confided in THISDAY that President Goodluck Jonathan and PDP might have got wind of the APC’s zoning formula and moved to scuttle it by putting pressure on the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) to disqualify a former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, from contesting for APGA’s governorship ticket for the Anambra election.

“Had Prof. Soludo secured the APGA ticket, contested the governorship election and won, it would have been difficult for the PDP to convince him to return to its fold, given the way it has treated him.

“He would have been riped for the picking by APC and would have been a formidable combination with whomever he is paired with.
“Soludo’s emergence posed a serious threat to PDP, as he is popular, cerebral and would have galvanised the South-east votes for APC. That is why he was blocked,” revealed one source.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Don't think this is right. Ibos will still vote Retardeen Jonathan no matter what.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Jimiyke(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
let me finish eating my okpa with ALOMO first, then i will come back and think about this post.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem: Don't think this is right. Ibos will still vote Retardeen Jonathan no matter what.

You obviously got the memo! We have rejected the party full of children of anger and hate!
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

You obviously got the memo! We have reject the party full of children of anger and hate!

To allign with the killer party headed by the retardeen. It's a choice, u all are entitled to it.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
This is a FULL-FLEDGED rumour & Lie.

SE so far, has no input in the party + SE itself advocates against the interests of APC.

.....and moreover, where is d link to d story Sir?
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

To allign with the killer party headed by the retardeen. It's a choice, u all are entitled to it.

We are not complaining sir! Mind your own business in the focus-less party headed by the Jagbajanti of Lagos State!

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
St_Black: This is a FULL-FLEDGED rumour & Lie.

SE so far, has no input in the party + SE itself advocates against the interests of APC.

.....and moreover, where is d link to d story Sir?

Actually we have exceptions like the very smart Okorocha who has forseen the death of APGA far before any average ibo could decode. Okorocha and his people will be rewarded with enormous dividends of democracy when APC takes charge in 2015. Retardeen and his cohorts will find themselves in Kirikiri.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

We are not complaining sir! Mind your own business in the focus-less party headed by the Jagbajanti of Lagos State!

Mad men also don't complain. They don't even know that they are sick. It sucks to be one no doubt.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem: Don't think this is right. Ibos will still vote Retardeen Jonathan no matter what.
No we won't! Igbos will vote massively for APC if Rochas becomes the VP candidate. Don't mind the urchins who are going about from thread to thread making noise.

SAI ROCHAS VP

SAI APC! cool
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

Mad men also don't complain. They don't even know that they are sick. It sucks to be one no doubt.

Sure they do. Mad men are the only people you see pointing and talking aimlessly on the streets. I feel for your people bro!

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: No we won't! Igbos will massively for APC if Rochas becomes the VP candidate. Don't mind the urchins who are going about from thread to thread making noise.

SAI ROCHAS VP

SAI APC! cool

I know exceptions exist. U guys shouldn't allow these urchins to determine ur future.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: No we won't! Igbos will massively for APC if Rochas becomes the VP candidate. Don't mind the urchins who are going about from thread to thread making noise.

SAI ROCHAS VP

SAI APC! cool

Anambra elections will be an eye opener to your ilk. Just watch and see!
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by ckkris: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

Actually we have exceptions like the very smart Okorocha who has forseen the death of APGA far before any average ibo could decode. Okorocha and his people will be rewarded with enormous dividends of democracy when APC takes charge in 2015. Retardeen and his cohorts will find themselves in Kirikiri.
You're just half blind, or worse, half mad.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

I know exceptions exist. U guys shouldn't allow these urchins to determine ur future.
They will never determine our future! The aggressive and ignorant minority cannot speak for the willing and progressive majority.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
ckkris:
I am just half blind, or worse, half mad.

Is it hereditary? I pity ur seeds. There cases are surely pathetic.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: They will never determine yoruba future! The aggressive and ignorant minority cannot speak for the willing and progressive majority.

FIXED!
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
ckkris:
You're just half blind, or worse, half mad.

No, i think he is both! grin

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

Anambra elections will be an eye opener to your ilk. Just watch and see!
Yes i agree with you! Anambra election is going to be an eye opener because Ngige is coming back to govern Anambra and open your blinded eyes. Shine your eyes my brother!! cool
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: They will never determine our future! The aggressive and ignorant minority cannot speak for the willing and progressive majority.

I love ur spirit are sagacity. Only a fool will ignore a tested acheiver like Ngige for Andy uba or Obaino having edged out Soludo, malam Atikus boy.These ones don't have ur interest at heart.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

FIXED!
Did i touch a nerve? LMAO!! grin
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: Yes i agree with you! Anambra election is going to be an eye opener because[b] Ngige is coming back to govern Anambra [/b]and open your blinded eyes. Shine your eyes my brother!! cool

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ifeanyi Ubah stands a better chance my dear. Dont stay in Lagos and be typing nonsense about Anambra. Hear it from me now, Only God and APGA can stop themselves from winning that election come November 16th. Quote me any day.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: Did i touch a nerve? LMAO!! grin

Me? Am as cool as cucumber. I just corrected your deceit! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Demdem(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: Did i touch a nerve? LMAO!! grin

Those are attributes. They cringe when being told the truth.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

I love ur spirit are sagacity. Only a fool will ignore a tested acheiver like Ngige for Andy uba or Obaino having edged out Soludo, malam Atikus boy.These ones don't have ur interest at heart.
Don't mind them. Obi and Umeh has sold APGA for a plate of fufu and ofe nsala soup to the Retardeen. In order not to let Anambra state become an appendage to PDP, APC and Ngige will make sure it does not happen.

SAI APC!

SAI PROSPERITY AND PROGRESS! cool
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by gtrust: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: No we won't! Igbos will vote massively for APC if Rochas becomes the VP candidate. Don't mind the urchins who are going about from thread to thread making noise.

SAI ROCHAS VP

SAI APC! cool

Igbos will NOT accept anything less than PRESIDENCY from APC!
Forget the Vice thing, Igbos will rather stay with GEJ.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Demdem:

Those are attributes. They cringe when being told the truth.

I hope you and your brothers are coming to vote for Ngige and make him win the elections? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy What a dreamer! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
gtrust:

Igbos will NOT accept anything less than PRESIDENCY from APC!
Forget the Vice thing, Igbos will rather stay with GEJ.

You are talking to her as if she is Igbo. You have been punked bro, she is NOT igbo!
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ifeanyi Ubah stands a better chance my dear. Dont stay in Lagos and be typing nonsense about Anambra. Hear it from me now, Only God and APGA can stop themselves from winning that election come November 16th. Quote me any day.
Ifeanyi Ubah? I laugh in abatete!! grin

Make Ifeanyi Ubah your governor and Anambra will become the poorest and under developed state in Nigeria! shocked
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: Don't mind them. Obi and Umeh has sold APGA for a plate of fufu and ofe nsala soup to the Retardeen. In order not to let Anambra state become an appendage to PDP, APC and Ngige will make sure it does not happen.

SAI APC!

SAI PROSPERITY AND PROGRESS! cool

It is better than selling it for a plate of Amala and ofe mmanu to the jagbajanti! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east by alexchiny: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
berem: Ifeanyi Ubah? I laugh in abatete!! grin

Make Ifeanyi Ubah your governor and Anambra will become the poorest and under developed state in Nigeria! shocked

That is to tell you how slim Ngige's chances are! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Not Seen Stella Since 2011 – Chief Chris Ogiemwonyi, Former Husband / Don’t Marry A Yoruba Boy – Daughter Of Former Oyo State Governor / Unbelievable! Banks Will Start Charging Customer ₦50 For Receiving Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.