Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Making Nairaland A Better Place - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Making Nairaland A Better Place (952 Views)

The Dos And Don’ts For A Better 2016 / IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) (2) (3) (4)

Making Nairaland A Better Place by prodam(m): 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,

Sure you're good. I av been a member of this great forum for some years now and I must say an integral part of my transformation days were spent here. Many people have learnt a lot here enough to propel them amazingly from a scene to another in the movie called life.

In fact, there was a time I used to go to secluded places to enter nairaland cos I wouldn't want people to know the source of my carefully selected vocabulary which has been attributed to my parlance till date and a host of other fortifications to my intellectual domain.

However, I noticed the culture which made all these possible is no longer available. To be lenient, it is dying but to me it is ostensibly faded already. That time when Nairaland was a place you visit when you need to read some inspirational articles blended with some chilled entertainment/jokes texts, with a tint of romance. As a Nigerian forum, It used to represent fully well the various kinds of people in the Nigerian society, I mean professionals, students, artists, enthusiasts, politicians. These people would visit nairaland right from the front page and pick what interests them and fits their quest or reasons for visit. Please take note right from front page!..that is the key thing in this thought.

Also, the forum as I think should be balanced and fair as possible in terms of privileged articles (FP materials). Cutting across sections, having a substantive base for arguments, portraying good images, effecting rectitude should be the criteria that must be met before materials appear.

This is not in any way rubbishing the mods or Seun's effort rather a suggested optimization technique.

Currently in this part of the world, as far as I could tell, more resources are spent on relatively irrelevant stuffs than things that could make the country achieve its vision of becoming developed. If this is happening in real life situations where entertainment (I do love entertainment) shows are heavily financially sponsored, thuggery appear to be inevitable, corruption is treated with levity, fools are occupying positions for the wise, the youths have lost focus, it should not happen on an online forum on the word wide web rather what we should have or see here is a platform to do the needful to get this nation out of this mess.

In some years, History books and journals will reference Nairaland as an instrumental media tool during our rough days and times of transformation as a Nation. That's actually what I think we should be looking at. There are loads and lots of things to talk about that will make sense and also ignite great works by Nigerians.

How are we taking care of upcoming generations, there are on nairaland too, I mean younger citizens (secondary school, school leavers n undergraduates). Can we motivate them and have that honour. They are in their transformation days, and they really need caution. This is just one of several.

What is our perspective of technology? How many competitions are going on? Do we know we can actually be producers rather than consumers. Whaty kind of youtube videos do we share?..eyenaemia by the 2014 microsoft imagine cup winners (2 young energetic guys, a kind and a queen) or dogs chasing sheeps in mushin. Are we giving business tips, what about startups.

Fine we all love cute guys, beautiful girls, and other fantasies but equity should be practised. We should be fair that a vast majority need other things when they visit online forums. The front page could be well divided to make everyone happy. I know its not easy collating and sorting considering priorities and other factors, but please let's do this for posterity sake.

Sincerely its a collective responsibility because the basic unit of a forum is a post. Our posts should reflect objective opinions, intellectual bullets, confirmed stories, serious and sound mind. Jokes are cool, teasings are welcome and bashing are tolerated too. However, should be encapsulated in a wrapper called 'moderation' especially on sensitive topics and issues.

Each time I am visiting a blog for gossips/entertainment(e.g LIB,vibenaija,etc) what I expect is pure entertainment and crazy stuffs, or stackoverflow or codeproject, I know I need some coffee to see sharp...that's a PULL!, that means I already know what I am looking for. So when visiting forums like Nairaland, I wanna see a bit of everything at first sight. Just PUSH all to me. And if I wanna get something specific I could visit the sections (like me I do visit sexuality and joke to cool off), that's another PULL..You get it?

Thanks Y'all.. I just decided to come back fully again on the forum because others need to benefit from what I got (and still getting) here..

Have a cool nite rest..!

Re: Making Nairaland A Better Place by bigtt76(f): 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
So loooooooooong a letter tongue
Re: Making Nairaland A Better Place by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 24, 2014
what are you even saying? What language is this? We only speak french there, I school in ...,........
Re: Making Nairaland A Better Place by chaloner(m): 11:31am On Dec 12, 2014
Yes we need to continue on this until seun come and save us from dis young terror groups....... If they close dis one will will open thousand of tthem
Re: Making Nairaland A Better Place by simdam500(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Seated... Not talking until my oga at the top is here...

Remembered how i use to access NL. Secondary school days as a guest...... reading the inter school debate with references made stayed till now ...

Awwwww!
Re: Making Nairaland A Better Place by prodam(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2015
lalasticlala
ishilove

Nairalanders Please Help Me Solve This / Kidnapped Kids!!! Please Help Rebroadcast / Wanna Learn How To Be Patient