Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:50 PM

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (870 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Toniosparlet(m): 6:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Jonathan to Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s best
leader
NOVEMBER 24, 2014 BY OLUSOLA FABIYI

President Jonathan and Obasanjo
President Goodluck Jonathan has described
himself as the best leader to be produced by
Nigeria.
The President said no leader since the country
gained independence in 1960 had done better
than himself for the country.
He, therefore, said the comment made by former
President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which the ex-
President described Jonathan’s performance as
below average, was untrue.
Jonathan said this in a statement by his Special
Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in
Abuja on Sunday.
Okupe’s statement read, “Our attention has been
drawn to comments made by a former President
of this country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo,
regarding the performance of the administration
of President Goodluck Jonathan.
“Obasanjo had at an event over the weekend
declared that he rated the President Goodluck
Jonathan administration ‘below average’.
“We aver that Obasanjo’s comments are untrue,
misleading and clearly do not tally with the facts
on the ground.
“We therefore wish to assert without
equivocation that in terms of performance and
achievements, no administration since 1960
when Nigeria gained independence from Britain,
has done as much as that of President
Jonathan.”
He said that every discerning and unbiased
Nigerian would definitely attest to this “as the
evidence stare all of us in the face.”
Okupe, who had also worked with the former
President while in office, added that contrary to
Obasanjo’s position, the Federal Government
under Jonathan had performed excellently given
the prevailing circumstances and resources
available to it.
He said while it was true that Nigeria had been
faced with incidents of insurgency and terrorism,
especially in the last few years, the Jonathan
administration had successfully contained the
initial widespread activities of the insurgents,
which he said were prevalent in 12 states of the
North, including the Federal Capital Territory.
He added, “While it is true that the present
activities of the terrorists in the three north-
eastern states have become more deadly in
mindless killings, kidnappings and supposed
territorial seizures, government has made giant
diplomatic strides with our neighbouring
countries in order to checkmate the crisscrossing
of the insurgents.
“The military and other security agents, which
have engaged the insurgents since inception,
have done a great job in spite of recent
challenges.
“The truth of the matter which we must know
and accept is that we have an internal enemy
supported by internal and external resources
waging a major warfare against our nation.”

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-to-obasanjo-im-nigerias-best-leader/
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by dunkem21(m): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2014
grin The best response so far. We reiterate that Goodluck is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since 1960.

GEJ till the number of nairaland members exceed the number of nairaland topics.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by samlestic(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:00am On Nov 24, 2014
Last bullet: Oga Jona is so on point

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Chemical2(m): 7:02am On Nov 24, 2014
In OBJ's voice "I dey laff".
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Chanchit: 7:04am On Nov 24, 2014
GEJ is not even worthy of occupying the last position.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by bennygreat1(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2014
He tried.. But certainly,he's not the best leader.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by tyson99(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2014
yes best leader in ogogoro drinkinggrin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Adekaf(f): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2014
Hahaha for him mind,like d yoruba customize adage,' eni ti olorun ko dun ninu to n la sugar ako jedijedi ni o pa' simple.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by rawpadgin(m): 7:19am On Nov 24, 2014
aside the insurgency issues & the fact that he handles corruption with kid's gloves, GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by SuperModerator: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2014
he is only better than IBB, Abacha and OBJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 24, 2014
I know Sey this topic go make front page. Make I quickly book space.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by sammieguze(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2014
rawpadgin:
aside the insurgency issues & the fact that he handles corruption with kid's gloves, doesn't have the charisma of a leader plays politics with bitterness, GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria

Fixed
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by gameboy727(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2014
Well, you might be the best but insurgency and corruption are screwing the works of your hands.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Danielotuya(m): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Proudly Nairaland. Will comment if this topic......
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by lilprinze: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2014
GEJ till 2019
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Lordabas: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2014

Story for the gods!
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by rawpadgin(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2014
sammieguze:

Fixed
is u high, dawg
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by okiezman(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2014
Would have loved if our lovely presidency had ignored this obj that claims to know all
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by biafranqueen: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2014
“The truth of the matter which we must know
and accept is that we have an internal enemy
supported by internal and external resources
waging a major warfare against our nation.”

This is what is slowing us down and I am amazed that OBJ the worst President ever and "“When Buhari says that “if what happens in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, ‘the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood” Who do these killers think we are , blood suckers like them?
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by lanrefront1(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2014
very funny....not even worth replying.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by kendrick93(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2014
jonathan is 100% better than d thief obj
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by sammieguze(m): 9:48am On Nov 26, 2014
Whatever......

rawpadgin:
is u high, dawg

(1) (Reply)

Why Apc Is Not A Party To Handover The Lives of Nigerians To / Kenya Leader Sacks Minister After Massacre / Excerpts Of Apc Presidential Aspirant Speeches, Which Is Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.