Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (2457 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by lanrexdo(m): 12:16am On Nov 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has described himself as the best leader to be produced by Nigeria.

The President said no leader since the country gained independence in 1960 had done better than himself for the country.

He, therefore, said the comment made by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which the ex-President described Jonathan’s performance as below average, was untrue.

Jonathan said this in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in Abuja on Sunday.

Okupe’s statement read, “Our attention has been drawn to comments made by a former President of this country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, regarding the performance of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Obasanjo had at an event over the weekend declared that he rated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration ‘below average’.

“We aver that Obasanjo’s comments are untrue, misleading and clearly do not tally with the facts on the ground.

“We therefore wish to assert without equivocation that in terms of performance and achievements, no administration since 1960 when Nigeria gained independence from Britain, has done as much as that of President Jonathan.”

He said that every discerning and unbiased Nigerian would definitely attest to this “as the evidence stare all of us in the face.”

Okupe, who had also worked with the former President while in office, added that contrary to Obasanjo’s position, the Federal Government under Jonathan had performed excellently given the prevailing circumstances and resources available to it.

He said while it was true that Nigeria had been faced with incidents of insurgency and terrorism, especially in the last few years, the Jonathan administration had successfully contained the initial widespread activities of the insurgents, which he said were prevalent in 12 states of the North, including the Federal Capital Territory.

He added, “While it is true that the present activities of the terrorists in the three north-eastern states have become more deadly in mindless killings, kidnappings and supposed territorial seizures, government has made giant diplomatic strides with our neighbouring countries in order to checkmate the crisscrossing of the insurgents.

“The military and other security agents, which have engaged the insurgents since inception, have done a great job in spite of recent challenges.

“The truth of the matter which we must know and accept is that we have an internal enemy supported by internal and external resources waging a major warfare against our nation.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-to-obasanjo-im-nigerias-best-leader/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by speakthetruth: 12:30am On Nov 24, 2014
Really? Waiting for Ebora Owu to reply.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by moneybag100: 12:50am On Nov 24, 2014
For this Jonathan:

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by elipheleh(m): 12:50am On Nov 24, 2014
Don't mind the big thief called OBJ.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by lanrexdo(m): 12:54am On Nov 24, 2014
We decide on who is the best.... to be continued later.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by GboyegaD(m): 1:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Our beloved president is living in delusion.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by KanwuliaJara: 1:36am On Nov 24, 2014
Like wife. . . like husband! cry

Too much in common! Twa!!!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Some people are soooo good at lying that they tend to forget the whole world is watching.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by mrborntodoit: 2:13am On Nov 24, 2014
Obj feeling like a sacred cow,he should be in jail in a normal 1st world society.

The only reason the old fool is actually meddling with politics is because Buhari saved his life when he was almost executed by abacha.

There are other ways of paying back your Fulani masters,ask them to hug transformer so they can quickly join their virgins grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by egift(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2014
Only a loser sings his own praise. Since civil war, no administration has presided over the killing of so many Nigerians like we have seen in Jonathan

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by oduastates: 2:27am On Nov 24, 2014
The worst .
Shagari second

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by golor(m): 2:30am On Nov 24, 2014
No, Jona u re nt d best.if u think u re d best defect boko haram and make d deference to be very clear so dat it can't b an undisputed fact.u hv tried but ur late boss show his competence more Dan u,maybe it because he knew he will die and his tryin to secure a place in heaven,who knows?fact is dat u re nt d best.u dnt just call ur self d best, let d masses gives dat credit to u.i wonder y u think u re d best, when u hv have ruled for 6years and d 2 tenor is 8years,difference of 2year no go impact has bin recorded,instead Eva since den Nigeria has bin use as a joke to other country.if ur first four year is an, i don't care gvt,whether boko haram kills u don't care.i wonder wat dis other one u re going for will look lyk, when u win.because after d 2nd tenor u dnt need our vote again.im not an opposition oo for me, i will advice d non political and poor citizen not to go out and do dis buhari nor gonathan things comes 2015 cos if something shld happen to u, they won't care.incase u think u want to die for 9ja then beta find a means to kill Obj,atiku,buhari,and Jonathan,even if u use witch to do dat and then u re cut and killed,just believe me that u hv save 9ja from d hands of some idiot.believe me if those men die,change will occur in dis country.they re all political wizard who think God created dis country for d sake of selfish interest alone, dat y boko haram kills and they don't give a dam.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by freshprincex49(m): 3:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Obasanjo tried in his own way, but his incessant criticisms of the President is not the way to go. As a former president and an acclaimed 'state man' he should know better than to make such ungaurded public statements.

I guess if GEJ was dancing to his tune and fulfilling his whims and caprices then he would have been the best president ever liveth?

I subscribe to constructive criticism. But when it is done with ulterior and evil motives it becomes disgusting. Obasanjo should be a bridge builder and retire in peace rather than heating up the polity unnecessarily.

.............Unrepentant bigot.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by MisterLongman(m): 3:46am On Nov 24, 2014
elipheleh:
Don't mind the big thief called OBJ.
But stealing is not corruption and if OBJ stole any money, America will definitely know - according to your Otuoke boss

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by MisterLongman(m): 3:50am On Nov 24, 2014
Aprime:
Some people are soooo good at lying that they tend to forget the whole world is watching.
Leave okupe alone, that is the raw talent satan gave him. I just hope he has the balls to return to southwest after serving licking his Oga's a*s

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Burger01(m): 4:43am On Nov 24, 2014
Oga Jona,

Naira is N172 to a frigging $.
Boko Haram is still saying 'Haram' to everything in their useless lives.
Constant electricity is a mirage.
Super Eagles couldn't qualify for a frigging Nations Cup angry
Corruption is still the order of the day.
Hospital workers are on strike. ASUU is warming up. Strike! Strike!! Strike!!!... Seems to be the only language you understand.
Indiscipline everywhere!

Sorry to burst your bubbles Mr. President, you are not Nigeria's best president..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by FastShipping: 5:00am On Nov 24, 2014
Burger01:
Oga Jona,

Naira is N172 to a frigging $.
Boko Haram is still saying 'Haram' to everything in their useless lives.
Constant electricity is a mirage.
Super Eagles couldn't qualify for a frigging Nations Cup angry
Corruption is still the order of the day.
Hospital workers are on strike. ASUU is warming up. Strike! Strike!! Strike!!!... Seems to be the only language you understand.
Indiscipline everywhere!

Sorry to burst your bubbles Mr. President, you are not Nigeria's best president..

When was the last time you bought dollars? It is now $1 - 182 Naira as at last Friday. Sell to me if you have some selling at $1 - 172 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by oluwafemi113(m): 5:05am On Nov 24, 2014
lanrexdo:
President Goodluck Jonathan has described himself as the best leader to be produced by Nigeria.

The President said no leader since the country gained independence in 1960 had done better than himself for the country.

He, therefore, said the comment made by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which the ex-President described Jonathan’s performance as below average, was untrue.

Jonathan said this in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in Abuja on Sunday.

Okupe’s statement read, “Our attention has been drawn to comments made by a former President of this country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, regarding the performance of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Obasanjo had at an event over the weekend declared that he rated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration ‘below average’.

“We aver that Obasanjo’s comments are untrue, misleading and clearly do not tally with the facts on the ground.

“We therefore wish to assert without equivocation that in terms of performance and achievements, no administration since 1960 when Nigeria gained independence from Britain, has done as much as that of President Jonathan.”

He said that every discerning and unbiased Nigerian would definitely attest to this “as the evidence stare all of us in the face.”

Okupe, who had also worked with the former President while in office, added that contrary to Obasanjo’s position, the Federal Government under Jonathan had performed excellently given the prevailing circumstances and resources available to it.

He said while it was true that Nigeria had been faced with incidents of insurgency and terrorism, especially in the last few years, the Jonathan administration had successfully contained the initial widespread activities of the insurgents, which he said were prevalent in 12 states of the North, including the Federal Capital Territory.

He added, “While it is true that the present activities of the terrorists in the three north-eastern states have become more deadly in mindless killings, kidnappings and supposed territorial seizures, government has made giant diplomatic strides with our neighbouring countries in order to checkmate the crisscrossing of the insurgents.

“The military and other security agents, which have engaged the insurgents since inception, have done a great job in spite of recent challenges.

“The truth of the matter which we must know and accept is that we have an internal enemy supported by internal and external resources waging a major warfare against our nation.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-to-obasanjo-im-nigerias-best-leader/

Pres Jonathan's Achievements 2010-2014 by an Anti-Jonathanian. Do you agree? Sent to me via Whatsapp - November 23, 2014

Jonathan, The Best In Nigeria During His Term As President:
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most other places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and above i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N150 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to N350 per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to N4000 per month and yet no light
6. Scarcity of money but abundantly available for groups campaigning for TAN etc
7. Killings from few individuals to whole communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per 40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from 10,000 barrels to 100,000 barrels stolen per day
10. Industrial strikes by many organisations
11. Sack of few workers to thousands of workers
12. WASSCE from 40% failure to over 70% failure
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens from much to zero
14. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to less than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse to greatest in Africa on paper, but the masses from poor to poorest
18. Politicians defect from one party to the other in an unusual fashion and soldiers also defect to other countries
19. Transport fares on both air and road networks have shot the roof
20. Bribe takings from only police to soldiers inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical Manoeuvre' when soldiers are deliberately dispatched with low grade weapons to be killed by a well armed "Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scanda
28. Oritsejafor $10 million gun scandal
29. Subsidy scam of N2.6 trillion
30. Immigration deaths scandal
31. Missing $20 billion from NNPC
32. Handlin boko haram with kid gloves
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
35. Increase in taxes and austerity
36. 16 is greater than 19 in democracy
37. 7 Ekiti legislators out of 26 impeach the speaker
38. IGP usurping CJN's duties and deciding that Tambuwal no longer speaker
39. Arming and conceding territory to Boko Haram
40. Locking out House of Reps members and teargassing them.
Please vote him come 2015.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by mpowa(m): 5:08am On Nov 24, 2014
I've never seen anywhere in the world where student mark his own papers, If you are the best Nigerians will know (not even America now), but when a president say some thing like stealing is not corruption, it encapsulates all that the regime is about... i mean, free for all.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by focus7: 5:08am On Nov 24, 2014
Jonathan is definitely living in deception.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by retepmurt(m): 5:15am On Nov 24, 2014
hmmmmmmm
Good for him
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Burger01(m): 5:30am On Nov 24, 2014
FastShipping:

When was the last time you bought dollars? It is now $1 - 182 Naira as at last Friday. Sell to me if you have some selling at $1 - 172 naira.
You can imagine. Though I'm using the official rate which now stands at N177 to a $. Pity.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Pangea: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2014
oluwafemi113:

Pres Jonathan's Achievements 2010-2014 by an Anti-Jonathanian. Do you agree? Sent to me via Whatsapp - November 23, 2014

Jonathan, The Best In Nigeria During His Term As President:
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most other places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and above i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N150 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to N350 per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to N4000 per month and yet no light
6. Scarcity of money but abundantly available for groups campaigning for TAN etc
7. Killings from few individuals to whole communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per 40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from 10,000 barrels to 100,000 barrels stolen per day
10. Industrial strikes by many organisations
11. Sack of few workers to thousands of workers
12. WASSCE from 40% failure to over 70% failure
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens from much to zero
14. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to less than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse to greatest in Africa on paper, but the masses from poor to poorest
18. Politicians defect from one party to the other in an unusual fashion and soldiers also defect to other countries
19. Transport fares on both air and road networks have shot the roof
20. Bribe takings from only police to soldiers inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical Manoeuvre' when soldiers are deliberately dispatched with low grade weapons to be killed by a well armed "Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scanda
28. Oritsejafor $10 million gun scandal
29. Subsidy scam of N2.6 trillion
30. Immigration deaths scandal
31. Missing $20 billion from NNPC
32. Handlin boko haram with kid gloves
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
35. Increase in taxes and austerity
36. 16 is greater than 19 in democracy
37. 7 Ekiti legislators out of 26 impeach the speaker
38. IGP usurping CJN's duties and deciding that Tambuwal no longer speaker
39. Arming and conceding territory to Boko Haram
40. Locking out House of Reps members and teargassing them.
Please vote him come 2015.

Gbam!
Anyone that vote for GEJ is either in love with oppression or an enemy of Nigeria that want to see the country dead at all cost!
The man is the worst failure in the history of men who has led this country!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by omenka(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2014
GboyegaD:
Our beloved president is living in delusion.
I don't think any Nematode would agree with this. grin
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by gebest: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2014
U LIE BROS GEJ, Y DID U NT DECLEAR UR ASSETS, YARA'DUA IS D BEST LEADER NIGERIA EVER PRODUCED, OOH YARA'DUA WAS A SERVANT LEADER, HE NEVER INTIMMIDATES HIS OPPONENT WITH D COUNTRY'S SECURITY.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by omenka(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2014
Myopia.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by joseph1832(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2014
Lies, lies and lies. Where are the UNILAG students? Please this Okupe of a dog needs stoning, himself and his oga at the top.

He GEJ and his aids if they are really smart they should have left OBJ statement hanging. Saying this has proven beyond doubt that GEJ feel he can use words to get away with anything.

GEJ and Okupe should never forget that never in this country's history from 1960 til date have we experience loss of lives on this magnitude, need I mean the massive amount of corruption and incompetence that goes unchecked.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by bitterpenis(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2014
Yes in your stupid dreams
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2014
This fedora hat wearing President is really high on sapele water, and otueke fish pepper soup. Yhu don't need to brag. Haba mana Jonathan
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by sneezeemek(m): 7:25am On Nov 24, 2014
I don't know if GEJ is nigerians best president so far but one thing I know is that Jonathan's administration is better than that of OBj even in d midst of all these security threat nd distractions! Obasanjo should just let this man be ) is he so upset that Jonathan is going for his constitutional 2nd term this same obj ruled nigeria as a military president, comeback as a civilian president finished his 2 terms nd still tried to impose 3rd term on us which is unconstitutional, obasanjo can never be president again for the record u put Jonathan there if he is failure u re also a failure! Stop disgracing yourself all bcus Jonathan refused to be licking ur feet, get over it, he is the no1 ciziten of dis country
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by femicyrus(m): 7:32am On Nov 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 24, 2014
We are in deep shait in naija because every single politrickcian has the same thiefing mentality. We are inherently corrupt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Doesn’t Care About You – PDP Chieftain Tells Christians / 22 Vehicles Seized From Ex-Governor Isa Yuguda’s Wives, Several Not Seen (PIC) / Another Biafran Conflict Is Unwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.