Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? (13823 Views)

What Are Your Definition Of Head Of The Home / Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by buraimoh(m): 10:10am On Aug 09, 2006
Hi all, smiley

A question for you and i'll like to know your opinion.

Does marrying your cousin make it incest?

What is your definition of an incestuous relationship?
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by opeemi1(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2006
buraimoh:

What is your definition of an incestuous relationship?

Incestuous relationship can be defined as having sexual relations with a close relative in the family. A family consist of a group of persons sharing common ancestry. In other words incestuous relation can be further elaborated as having sexual relationship with someone having the same ancestrial blood values.

buraimoh:

Yes
cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by michy(f): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2006
Incestuous relationship can be defined as having sexual relations with a close relative in the family. A family consist of a group of persons sharing common ancestry. In other words incestuous relation can be further elaborated as having sexual relationship with someone having the same ancestrial blood values.

thats the definition of incest

yes

do u want to marry your cousin
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by buraimoh(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2006
In one word, you believe that marrying ones cousin is wrong

But i wish to point out to you that several people in the bible were married to their relatives.
Examples include Abraham and Isaac .

In short when you look at it, we are all related in a way.

Many people all over the world get married to their relatives and they find nothing wrong with it.

For example some of the royal wedding in Britain have involed cousins or relatives getting married to each other.

In history some famous people like cleopatra was married to her relative.

Also these days we see quite a number of RICH PEOPLE arranging marriages for their children and in some cases it is to close or distant relatives.

But to answer your question, i am not thinking of marrying my cousin.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by Busta(f): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2006
that was the bible times, yes so many people get married to their cousin, done is India and most of the middle east countries. you my friend is an african which makes it even worse cos it is looked down upon but wat bothers me is, of all the guys and gurls out there, why would someone choose to marry their cousin?? undecided
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by opeemi1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2006
michy:

thats the definition of incest

I know, incest and incestuous realationship means the same thing, or do u have any other definition for it?

buraimoh:

But i wish to point out to you that several people in the bible were married to their relatives.

Well, true indeed they married there relatives, that was the Old testament of the Bible, if you read the new testament, the old laws have been renewed, or have you seen anyone in the new testament marrying there relatives again?

buraimoh:

Many people all over the world get married to their relatives and they find nothing wrong with it.

For example some of the royal wedding in Britain have involed cousins or relatives getting married to each other.

In history some famous people like cleopatra was married to her relative.

Also these days we see quite a number of RICH PEOPLE arranging marriages for their children and in some cases it is to close or distant relatives.

You don't have to put on everyones shoes, that was what they want for themselves, which is totally Unbiblical, might not be wrong in there laws so they went on with the courtship. Cleopatra worshiped a different god, which means she can do whatever her religion instructs her to do.

The laws of men are different from the laws of God.

[center]***please put that in mind***[/center]
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by goodguy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2006
buraimoh:

In one word, you believe that marrying ones cousin is wrong

In short when you look at it, we are all related in a way.

There is a similar thread on this already, where this particular issue was addressed (and clarified, I guess) in my post.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by Chiori(m): 12:58am On Sep 15, 2006
There are two standards here. The modern and the traditional.

By modern standards in Nigeria, the answer is, marrying your cousin is incest.

By traditional, it is not incest. You are simply preserving the family line and creating a stronger bond between members of the same household.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by Busta(f): 2:45am On Sep 18, 2006
sex with ur biology dad or mum? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
If you are "third cousins" it doesn't count. I am sorry.

but first and second cousins is a bit too close. undecided

As for parents dating children and siblings dating...i can't get with that lol.
soooo not cool.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
Busta: sex with ur biology dad or mum? lipsrsealed undecided

ewwwufpewkfefoejrfeoi tongue tongue tongue

just the thought gives me the chills.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by elivya56: 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Some talk about Incestuous relationships is here so if you think that this is what we all should go for then Always the poor relation can be of some help as well. Go for that as this was what we needed to try out at that hour. We still work for https://www.guveralimited.com/wondering-how-to-track-husbands-phone-without-touching-it-get-answers-here/ as that was good.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of An Incestuous Relationship? by steven986: 7:10am On Apr 26, 2022
nice post

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan. / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? / Nigerian Men Don't Marry Early Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.