Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 (1384 Views)

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices / FG May Further Cut Petrol Price – PPPRA / Asset Declaration: Buhari Should Stop Being Clever By Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by MisterLongman(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Vanguardngr:
FG to cut petrol subsidy by half in 2015
The Federal Government has said it plans to cut subsidies on
petroleum products by half next year after sharp falls in global
crude prices, spurred a reversal of its 2015 budget
downwards.
President Goodluck Jonathan submitted the revised budget
figures to lawmakers last week, proposing to spend 458.68
billion naira ($2.59 bln) on petrol subsidy in 2015, down from
971.14 billion naira presented for 2014.
It also assumed further cuts to petrol subsidies in 2016 to
408.68 billion naira and 371.18 billion naira for 2017.
The Minister of finance and Co-ordinating Minister of the
Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has proposed lowering the
assumed benchmark oil price for the 2015 budget to $73 per
barrel from the $78 proposed in September, after global crude
prices collapsed.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told Reuters last week that declines in
the price of oil, which has lost almost 30 percent since July,
would impact the economy, requiring the government to cut
non-essential spending and raise more revenues.
Recall that the FG tried to end subsidy in 2012 in efforts to cut
government spending and encourage badly needed
investment in local refining, doubling the price of a litre of
petrol overnight to about 150 naira ($0.93) from about 65
naira
The budget proposals assumed an exchange rate of 162 naira
to the U.S. dollar for 2015, weaker than 160 naira assumed for
2014. It expects the naira to weaken further to 163.50 in 2016,
reaching 165 in 2017.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-cut-petrol-subsidy-half-2015/
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2014
So after the elections you will implement the subsidy again smh..
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackTechnology: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2014
grin Very soon some sections of Nigeria will be protesting like babies and yet boasting that they can survive without SS/SE oil. cheesy

No GEJ no oil no subsidy. wink cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by omenka(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2014
Criminals and liars. Okonjo is a disgrace!!

They've been cutting subsidy by half since 1999, when are we gonna exhaust the other half??

Shame on Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by siraj1402(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2014
K
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by malele(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2014
When oil price was high, fuel priCe was never reduced,now oil price is low they want to increase fuel price.
Am a staunch supporter oF good luck but hE keeps disappointing me
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackTechnology: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2014
omenka:
Criminals and liars. Okonjo is a disgrace!!

They've been cutting subsidy by half since 1999, when are we gonna exhaust the other half??

Shame on Jonathan.

Stop crying

2015 If we do not see GEJ, you won't see oil let alone subsidy. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by egift(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2014
Nigerians are suffering while Jonathan and his fellow Oil marketers are budgeting a trillion to themselves.

After 16 years of being in Power, PDP could not build a single Refinery. Vote out PDP and stop this Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by omenka(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Stop crying

2015 If we do not see GEJ, you won't see oil let alone subsidy. grin
Oh you are damn delusional young man.
My dream and desire is to see that day when NOT A SINGLE BARREL OF OIL is pumped out of this nation!!
So help me God.

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackTechnology: 7:28am On Nov 24, 2014
malele:
When oil price was high, fuel priCe was never reduced,now oil price is low they want to increase fuel price.

That subsidy will be halved doesn't mean the price should increase or increase sharply.

Except Okonjo is performing black magic , halving subsidy should not lead to price increment or sharp increment.

We must ask Okonjo to tell us how much government pay as subsidy per litre and how much government plans to be paying now per litre
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by blackfase(m): 7:31am On Nov 24, 2014
....& we shall b waiting for him like jan 2012. Foolish mumu like him.

samflexxy:
So after the elections you will implement the subsidy again smh..
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackTechnology: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2014
egift:
Nigerians are suffering while and his fellow Oil marketers are budgeting a trillion to themselves.

After 16 years of being in Power, PDP could not build a single Refinery. Vote out PDP and stop this Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

We will vote out PDP when an Ijaw man is made the presidential candidate of APC .
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by egift(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2014
BlackTechnology:
We will vote out PDP when an Ijaw man is made the presidential candidate of APC .

How about Ishekiri man, that of Ibibio, Efik, Igbo and others?

Until we stop clannish politics and concentrate in electing competence, nothing will change. He has tried his best and it is not good enough. Kicking out the Corrupt administration is the responsibility of every Nigerian.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by nowemi: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2014
Dis oil sub removal has been a reoccuring thing in all most every admin. And let see what will be their excuse.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Please, soembodu please help me answer this question: I know I'm not an Harvard graduate like Iweala neither I've I worked in the world Bank.

They say they want to cut subsidy into half because of sharp falling in crude oil prices. The fact that crude oil has fallen, does that not automatically reduces the amount of subsidy necessary. Or was not the high price of crude a major cause for the high cost of subsidy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by walemoney007(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2014
BlackTechnology:
grin Very soon some sections of Nigeria will be protesting like babies and yet boasting that they can survive without SS/SE oil. cheesy

No GEJ no oil no subsidy. wink cool
dia is oil in ondo,lagos will start producin oil in 2015,so u r free to bomb all d oil pipe line in d south south

1 Like

Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by PassingShot(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2014
malele:

Sorry brother. You're not even disappointed yet. Wait till people like you return him in 2015. cheesy grin
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by hillsate: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2014
GEJ,
Why are you cutting the subsidy at June 2015? Why not by January 2015 before elections? That's clear deceit!
Why are you toying with the lives of Nigerians?
Be bold and do the needful. If there is a real need to cut the subsidy by half in 2015 do it by January 1st 2015 and tell us now to prepare for it. But note you have to tell us what you did with the subsidy cut you did some time ago and tell us too what happened to the guys who stole part of cut subsidy. After then we can meet at the polls.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by egift(m): 11:46am On Nov 24, 2014
Re-elect Jonathan & And Get Hardship - Jonathan has no new ideas
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by kayalcomp: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2014
This government is planning to make life difficult for ordinary people again. They will not feel a pinch of it o, as they get everything free. God will deliver us and not allow them to achieve this. What an insentitivity and selfishness!!! Change will come by the grace and power of God.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackBaron: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2014
Let's not forget to cut Government excessive allowances and salaries too.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by BlackTechnology: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2014
lanrefront1:
Please, soembodu please help me answer this question: I know I'm not an Harvard graduate like Iweala neither I've I worked in the world Bank.

They say they want to cut subsidy into half because of sharp falling in crude oil prices. The fact that crude oil has fallen, does that not automatically reduces the amount of subsidy necessary. Or was not the high price of crude a major cause for the high cost of subsidy.

We call it black magic economics.
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
Why must we still be paying subsidy on fuel? This is common sense, not rocket science.
Why can't we refine the products here for our own use instead of importing and have to pay subsidy to make it affordable for the masses? I believe we can still buy PMS at N40 or less if we have refineries meeting the local demands.
Don't forget that this government will increase electricity tariff next month. That would make it the third time within one year!
We can't generate more than 4000mw electricity, and we can't refine at least 30 million litres of fuel per day and the government is working?
Re: FG To Cut Petrol Subsidy By Half In 2015 by akoaki(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Revenue from oil is declining.
Budget figures are being reviewed.
Subsidy on oil being proposed for part removal.
Naira has been devalued.
Inflation rate has jerked up.
Interest rates are going up.
Stock values are going down.
Price of petrol, diesel, kerosene, etc will rise.
Transport fares will rise uncontrollably , especially during the festive period.
Prices of non-petroleum commodities, especially food will rise.
Rents may go up, especially in urban areas.
Salaries of workers will be late or will be owed for months.
Contractors and suppliers will not be paid in time.
Liquidity in the economy will be low and businesses and production will slow down.
Insurgency and terrorism is blossoming in parts of the country............................etc.

How and why have nigerians allowed ourselves to be pushed into this cul-de-sac ?

Where are we heading to from here. I weep openly for my country.

Where is the dream of our forefathers and the hope of the children and youth of nigeria.

Ooh, I weep for Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At What Jonthan/pdp Are Presenting To Nigerians: / Picking Prof Yemi Osinbajo As VP Is An Incredible Move By Buhari/apc / Ambode Akinwunmi At Lagos State House Of Assmebly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.