Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (4900 Views)

Centenary N100 Note Goes Into Circulation Friday / Muslim Body, MURIC, Questions Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Swizdoe(m): 7:21am On Nov 24, 2014
Nigerian Tribune:
Muslim body alleges Jewish symbol on new N100
note
A Muslim body, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has
expressed concern over what it termed a Jewish symbol
on the country’s new N100 note.
The new N100 note was unveiled to Nigerians recently by
President Goodluck Jonathan in commemoration of
Nigeria’s 100 years’ anniversary.
However, MURIC, in a statement by its Director, Professor
Ishaq Akintola, alleged the insertion of a Jewish symbol
into the new currency, demanding explanation from the
Federal Government.
It said its office had been inundated with calls by those
who had observed the symbol.
In a statement issued on Sunday, Akintola said it was
paramount for the government to urgently address the
issue.
“The Federal Government, on November 12, 2014
unveiled the new design for the N100 commemorative
centenary banknote which will be officially issued on
December 19.
“However, the office of the Muslim Rights Concern has
been inundated with calls for action on the Jewish symbol
on the new note. Nigerian Muslims are complaining that
the Arabic writing in Hausa language (the Ajami script)
that read ‘Naira Dari’ (i.e. one hundred naira) on the N100
note has been removed and replaced with the Jewish
symbol, the Star of David.
“As a faith-based human rights organisation which
believes in the dialogue option, MURIC is duty bound to
articulate the demands of Nigerian Muslims, particularly
on matters which have to do with imbalance in treatment
of the adherents of the different religions governments
(federal or state).
“MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always
been on Nigerian currency since independence were
unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20
and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200,
N500 and N1,000 denominations.
“Nigerian Muslims regard the latest action, namely, the
supplanting of Arabic with Jewish symbol from the new
N100 as a continuation of the campaign of elimination by
substitution against Arabic language and, by implication,
against Nigerian Muslims.
“It is well known that a large section of the Nigerian
population use the Arabic Ajami and removing it from the
new note will deprive millions of users of the Arabic
Ajami of the ability to recognise, identify and use the new
currency.
“Furthermore, putting the Jewish symbol on the new
N100 falls short of international standard, as currencies
worldwide are designed to suit each nation’s culture and
history.
“Where does the Jewish symbol fit in? Which Nigerian
community speaks the Jewish language? The insertion of
the Jewish symbol is, therefore, clannish and parochial. It
is tainted with undisguised religious fanaticism.
“There is nothing wrong for our president to like Israel as
a nation, but it is another thing entirely to openly and
brazenly promote Zionism at the highest office in this
country when we are still struggling with the last vestiges
of colonialism. Nigerian Muslims are becoming
increasingly suspicious and very uncomfortable with the
actions and inactions of President Jonathan.
“Firstly, in spite of the preponderance of Muslims in the
South West, he appointed no single Muslim as minister in
the whole region for almost four years. Secondly, he
marginalised Muslims in the deliberations which took
place in the national conference by appointing a meagre
189 Muslims as against 303 Christians.
“Thirdly, Mr President saturated the security system in
Aso Rock with Israeli security operatives, a nation well
known for its animosity towards Muslims. The
supplanting of Arabic language with Jewish symbol is the
fourth among Jonathan’s anti-Muslim policies.
“If once is happenstance, if twice is a coincidence and if
the third time is enemy action, what do we call the fourth
time? We are sick and tired of our president’s hatred for
us. He openly confronts Muslims and goads us to
challenge him.
“But we will not be provoked. Neither shall we be
intimidated by executive maladministration. As apostles
of dialogue and advocates of peaceful coexistence, as tax-
payers, voters and citizens of this country, we hereby ask
President Jonathan to explain the Jewish symbol on
Nigeria’s money.
“We also demand to know why the presidency could not
employ security experts from neutral countries like
Britain or France instead of Israel, which is a sworn
enemy of Muslims. Mr President may also deem it fit to
tell us if there is no correlation between the Israeli
security experts in Aso Rock, the Israeli caught with
Nigeria’s N9.3 million arms money in South Africa and the
Jewish symbol on the new N100 note.
“Mr President sir, are you not gradually selling Nigeria to
Israel? Are you sure this will not attract the wrath of
Israel’s enemies to our dear country? Can this also be
partly responsible for the viciousness of the Boko Haram
phenomenon?
“MURIC appeals to Muslims nationwide to await President
Jonathan’s response to the above questions and to
remain calm and law abiding. Islam teaches tolerance
(Qur’an 3:134) and obedience to constituted authority
(Qur’an 4:59),” the statement read.
tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/22360-muslim-body-alleges-jewish-symbol-on-new-n100-note

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by thinkdip(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2014
Oga oo, political people dey do their own, even religious ones follow join, when arabic inscription was there who complained..did the iraq enemy war against Nigeria? I just urge us to learn to do things united as a nation and let's stop looking for what to always say to cause division

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:32am On Nov 24, 2014
when there was Arabic inscription there ,did anybody complain ?!
if they like let them not use the money.

*bounces to buy coke with the new #100*

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:34am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:
Oga oo, political people dey do their own, even religious ones follow join, when arabic inscription was there who complained..did the iraq enemy war against Nigeria? I just urge us to learn to do things united as a nation and let's stop looking for what to always say to cause division

thank you! they are always the ones looking for something to divide Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by nerodenero: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Muslims lamenting since amalgamation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by macIB(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2014
this Muslim sha and their wahala. I can't believe a prof is saying all these on top say Arabic no dey on top currency again. But is Arabic one of our languages in Nigeria? Hence I agree with the govt it shld be removed. that star of David is everywhere in our daily life esp old buildings in western Nigeria. a good example is UCH in ibadan and the place is being used daily by everybody with no complaints.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Uyi168: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2014
These quys aint cwious....
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by knightsTempler: 7:48am On Nov 24, 2014
..Another piece of shiit seeking relevance.

See them giving excuses that is because of the Jewish symbol that Boko haram is becoming ferocious.

Bunch of retched nematode.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Blakjewelry(m): 7:56am On Nov 24, 2014
I urge all Muslims who hates Israeli should go to Gaza and join the fight. all these religious guy should stop bothering with their problems, we already have enough of our own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 24, 2014
But Arewa symbol is almost Star of David in appearance!

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by femicyrus(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2014
Our Naira should have no jewish or arabic character whatsoever.
Gej will use anything to divide this country like a drunkard. Nigeria looks more like an islamic state with arabic inscriptions on the naira due to madness of our former leaders. GEJ should simply remove it so that we can boast of a united nation but he went ahead with a jewish version! Always looking for division!!!

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by thinkdip(m): 8:08am On Nov 24, 2014
femicyrus:
Our Naira should have no jewish or arabic character whatsoever.
Gej will use anything to divide this country like a drunkard. Nigeria looks more like an islamic state with arabic inscriptions on the naira due to madness of our former leaders. GEJ should simply remove it so that we can boast of a united nation but he went ahead with a jewish version! Always looking for division!!!
See you, so GEJ na CBN or na him dey print money for us.., really sometimes we think everything is all about the president decision.., so u mean GEJ will decide what will be printed on the note again. or the Pyramidal triangle is also GEJ idea, or the iconic baba awo too na GEJ idea... Pls my people wake up and realise nigeria is too big to be controlled only by one fellow human..GEJ is not a super man.

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by AustineE1: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2014
Muslims and Islam is the single most dividing factor,not just in Nigeria but world over,i wonder how this national clown became a proffessor....only in Nigeria have i seen a situation where an oppressor cries more than the oppressed.Listen to him,'that the Arabic inscriptn has been on all the denominations for many years and that the inscriptns on the lower denominations were unceremonously removed,but that of the higher denominations were left',in essence what this nitwit,imbecillic prof.is saying is that Nigeria is an Islamic country.Whenever this things favour muslims nobody shld talk except when it swings to the other side.
The president must as a matter of urgency demand that all those devilish islamic inscriptn on our notes must be removed,Nigeria must withdraw its membership of organizatn of Islamic countries(OIC),the demonic Islamic mosque like tomb on top of the national assembly building,must be removed forthwith because Nigeria is a secular nation.some times i imagine how nice a place the world or Nigeria wld have been without Islam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2014
One big reason why Nigeria need to remain a secular state. Unfortunate some states in the north had already gone the extra mile to institutionalize sharia law. How can that be justified?
#saynotoreligiouslawsintheconstitution
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2014
How I wish I could conduct a research to find out who understands the aljami arabic writing on our note, I bet it with anybody, 80% of people in the north does not know the meaning!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by femicyrus(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

See you, so GEJ na CBN or na him dey print money for us.., really sometimes we think everything is all about the president decision.., so u mean GEJ will decide what will be printed on the note again. or the Pyramidal triangle is also GEJ idea, or the iconic baba awo too na GEJ idea... Pls my people wake up and realise nigeria is too big to be controlled only by one fellow human..GEJ is not a super man.
So if you are the president, CBN can print anything without your approval!!cheesy
Cluelessness 100%cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by idealsico(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2014
You see why I hate double standard. When the arabic inscriptions were criminally inserted into our currency they saw nothing wrong, even though Nigeria is multi-religious. Only one note and they are complaining. My humble suggestion: DELETE BOTH ARABIC AND JEWISH INSCRIPTIONS ON OUR CURRENCIES.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by thinkdip(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2014
femicyrus:

So if you are the president, CBN can print anything without your approval!!cheesy
Cluelessness 100%cheesy
So u mean GEJ should have supervised the printing on the note, to remove and re-add his own abi? because na only GEJ be Nigerian..CBN gov no follow, or u don't know decision about the images on the note are decided by the bank world.. So when arabic was there na the president dat time decide am abi or was that president clueless too by printing arabic on it? Have u checked your 1000 naira note to know that arabic inscription is still there? If he was behind it no be everything he go change
Clueless 110% smh

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2014
wazoboy:
But Arewa symbol is almost Star of David in appearance!

The drive towards islamization of Nigeria was to turn our National institutions into religious regalia. It was a strategic plan carried out with impunity.
The Nigerian Army logo has Islamic Symbols. Two crossed swords. Aso Rock was also designed in Islamic architecture. Same with the National Assembly. There are many conspicuous Islamic inscriptions hidden all over our national symbols. They should be removed with immediate effect. Nigeria is a secular state and shall remain so.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by mekaboy(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2014
With the level of violence and terrorism going on in the world today by islamic extremists, It is only safe for Nigeria to maintain a christian president, else...

I know most pple will call me a religious bigot, but before u do, tell me why no mosque has ever been bombed since the boko haram insurgency began.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

Don't mind them. They rant and make it look like GEJ had been in power since 1960. GEJ was not the one who built Aso Rock. Our only Presidential villa, design in Islamic architecture together with the National Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by femicyrus(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

So u mean GEJ should have supervised the printing on the note, to remove and re-add his own abi? because na only GEJ be Nigerian..CBN gov no follow, or u don't know decision about the images on the note are decided by the bank world.. So when arabic was there na the president dat time decide am abi or was that president clueless too by printing arabic on it? Clueless 110% smh
Sorry for engaging you
Its obvious you schooled in francecheesy
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
major466:

The drive towards islamization of Nigeria was to turn our National institutions into religious regalia. It was a strategic plan carried out with impunity.
The Nigerian Army logo has Islamic Symbols. Two crossed swords. Aso Rock was also designed in Islamic architecture. Same with the National Assembly. There are many conspicuous Islamic inscriptions hidden all over our national symbols. They should be removed with immediate effect. Nigeria is a secular state and shall remain so.
The said symbol is an Arewa symbol and by implication, an Islamic symbol! So if they want it removed, I think we should encourage them to do so!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
AustineE1:
Muslims and Islam is the single most dividing factor,not just in Nigeria but world over,i wonder how this national clown became a proffessor....only in Nigeria have i seen a situation where an oppressor cries more than the oppressed.Listen to him,'that the Arabic inscriptn has been on all the denominations for many years and that the inscriptns on the lower denominations were unceremonously removed,but that of the higher denominations were left',in essence what this nitwit,imbecillic prof.is saying is that Nigeria is an Islamic country.Whenever this things favour muslims nobody shld talk except when it swings to the other side.
The president must as a matter of urgency demand that all those devilish islamic inscriptn on our notes must be removed,Nigeria must withdraw its membership of organizatn of Islamic countries(OIC),the demonic Islamic mosque like tomb on top of the national assembly building,must be removed forthwith because Nigeria is a secular nation.some times i imagine how nice a place the world or Nigeria wld have been without Islam.
You said it all. That's how they behave. They are good in playing victims. Take a look at our National monuments, from Aso Rock to the National Assembly, to the 200,500,1000 naira notes, the Nigerian Army logo all have Islamic inscriptions imbedded in them. These things were done deliberately to make the country look Islamic in appearance. A step forward towards their Islamization agenda.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by femicyrus(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2014
idealsico:
You see why I hate double standard. When the arabic inscriptions were criminally inserted into our currency they saw nothing wrong, even though Nigeria is multi-religious. Only one note and they are complaining. My humble suggestion: DELETE BOTH ARABIC AND JEWISH INSCRIPTIONS ON OUR CURRENCIES.
Thank you.
You got the idea
Yet some can't think deep even with a moniker 'thinkdip'

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by ramonchang(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2014
naija pple fightin baselesly cos of foreign religion since 2000bee see

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2014
nairalanders and their comments sha....
im just here to read comments.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by thinkdip(m): 8:52am On Nov 24, 2014
femicyrus:

Thank you.
You got the idea
Yet some can't think deep even with a moniker 'thinkdip'
Base-less, you need a better job
femicyrus:
Gej will use anything to divide this country like a drunkard.
^^^Dat was what I corrected you for, so think b4 you rant
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2014
wazoboy:
The said symbol is an Arewa symbol and by implication, an Islamic symbol! So if they want it removed, I think we should encourage them to do so!
We definitely OK with their demand. By extension, all the other Islamic Symbols buried in the naira should be removed.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by emmalexabl(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2014
Moslems seeking for wahala where none exist..

Its now official.,we are at war in Nigeria.

Christians Vs Moslems.

BTW...am waiting patiently to hear what satan of sokoto got to say about this.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Frankenstein: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2014
Where's the picture of the new Naira note with a Jewish inscription?
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by major466(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2014
Am hearing rumors that Chaz B, the presenter of Sharing Life Issues on Silver Bird Radio is dead. Is it true? Any one?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Photos From APC Presidential Rally In Uyo / Governor Udom Emmanuel To Flag Off Reelection Campaign On Wednesday / Charly Boy Blasts Tinubu " Please, Start Parking, Enough Is Enough"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.