Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother (50629 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Fans Attack Afrocandy For Insulting Stephanie Okereke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2014
tpia6:

speaking out is assumed to be done by the person who has been in an actual situation, not the person who sympathizes with the accuser?

If stephanie's husband is accused of rape, will she make a similar statement?

if something is a family matter, what behooves one person to issue a statement when the man bears the name of the whole family?

Like i said, she can clarify her position and cover her own self without being so specific.

This is exactly what is killing us in Nigeria. Let's call a spade a spade. Stop hiding things under the carpet. If any of your sibblings has done any wrong, let him/her face the wrath of the law.

Sometimes, we need to put ourselves in someone else's shoe. What of if the raped victim is your daughter; your sister; your wife or your mother? #FoodForThought
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Max24: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2014
delman88:
although what the man did was criminal,

But wetin d babe find go there......... na wetin she wan chop choke am
Sorry to say but this is a typical Nigerian illiterate response to the issue.A backward society thinks the girl should be blamed. The lady did not force him to buy things for her, did she? And what is wrong in a 23year old undergraduate visiting a man. She is already an adult. But visiting does not necessarily translate to consenting to have sex. Even if you buy a lady heaven u must still get the ladys consent for sex. And men should stop supporting other men that molest women. That is why other societies are way ahead of us. In other societies girls walk the street half naked knowing they are protected by law-you cant even touch without consent(that might be termed sexual harassment). But in Nigeria a lady wearing tight fitting trousers will be blamed if raped by a man - claiming she must have tempted the rapist by wearing such. Too much religion is not helping us in Nigeria. We must start looking for rational solutions to current society's problems and not waiting for a God somewhere to solve them for us. We will remain underdeveloped in all spheres until we start engaging our intellect in all we do.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Krystalxxx:

What you've done wrong here, you see, is to twist my words. What's that saying about not putting words in people's mouths? Anyway, I've expressed my opinion rightly and it's there for everyone to see. You can't change the real message no matter how you try. It's a beautiful new day....good morning.

Seems all you're doing is staring at your clock.

Your opinion is wrong, deal with that
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
ennythong:

This is exactly what is killing me in Nigeria. Let's call a spade a spade. Stop hiding things under the carpet. If I have done any wrong, let me face the wrath of the law.

Sometimes, we need to put ourselves in someone else's shoe. What of if the accused rapist is I myself? #FoodForThought
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
tpia5:

Seems all you're doing is staring at your clock.

Your opinion is wrong, deal with that

That's just what you think
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Agukagu(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
ennythong:

This is exactly what is killing us in Nigeria. Let's call a spade a spade. Stop hiding things under the carpet. If any of your sibblings has done any wrong, let him/her face the wrath of the law.

Sometimes, we need to put ourselves in someone else's shoe. What of if the raped victim is your daughter; your sister; your wife or your mother? #FoodForThought

In Nigeria all it takes to defame someone is just an allegation. The fact remains that there are 3 sides to every story.
1. Her side
2. His side and
3. The truth

We have only heard one side of the story and people are jumping to conclusion. I have come to know that victims always narrate their story to malign the other party while feigning innocence. Until I hear the other sides of the story, I take her's with a pinch of salt.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Max24:

Sorry to say but this is a typical Nigerian illiterate response to the issue.A backward society thinks the girl should be blamed. The lady did not force him to buy things for her, did she? And what is wrong in a 23year old undergraduate visiting a man. She is already an adult. But visiting does not necessarily translate to consenting to have sex. Even if you buy a lady heaven u must still get the ladys consent for sex. And men should stop supporting other men that molest women. That is why other societies are way ahead of us. In other societies girls walk the street half naked knowing they are protected by law-you cant even touch without consent(that might be termed sexual harassment). But in Nigeria a lady wearing tight fitting trousers will be blamed if raped by a man - claiming she must have tempted the rapist by wearing such. Too much religion is not helping us in Nigeria. We must start looking for rational solutions to current society's problems and not waiting for a God somewhere to solve them for us. We will remain underdeveloped in all spheres until we start engaging our intellect in all we do.

Do not encourage females to visit strange men alone and randomly unless they ( females) are in the sex trade business.

What you have typed does not make sense. If you know you are in a place where the laws do not cover you in such scenarios, then use your common sense when relating with men.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
Krystalxxx:

That's just what you think

That's what is obvious.

E only remain "good afternoon".
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
ypzilanti:
I'm disappointed with the dudes who are here asking why she should go to the man's house. Going to a mans house might mean you like him and are considering him. It does not mean he should have seeexx with you, beating you up,and tie you up. No woman deserves that. All considered, you women reading the comments should learn the perspective of some crazy cave men in our midst.

Women should learn how to judge character, instead of aspiring to be admired for their butts and breasts always.

Its a pity some women never learn despite hearing various stories every day.

A man keeps going on and on about your butt and breast, you will follow him to his house, of course if you are both adults then consensual sex is within your freedom of expression, however, its more advisable to have an inkling what the man might be capable of.

Assuming he does the unthinkable and even if he gets prosecuted, jailed, beat up or anything for it, will that undo what has been done?
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
tpia5:

That's what is obvious.

E only remain "good afternoon".

Nah...u don't like peaceful settlements......you're one of those hard core fighters that prefer conflict to the end.

And there's nothing wrong with being polite? I see that as part of being mature
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Last word things, ey?

You have the floor.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia5: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Anyway, my point remains:

my stand on this matter is polygamous families should learn to stop involving the whole world in their personal troubles.

You have to learn to cope with your situation at some point, you cant change your family so why beat yourself or yourselves up all the time and be a laughing stock for all and sundry who are enjoying your wahalas.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by DAVE5(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
seangy4konji:
Hmmm

I have said it before and will say it again...A well brought up unilag gal who is not a prostitute or a hoe who had been tied up,beaten and taken to a room,the molester had time to wear a condom and rape you and after ward still had the energy to be breaking properties and smasshing windscreen of a vehicle she knows does not belong to the alleged man does not add up...i do not suppurt rape and i only know hard core ashewos does that when there is a difference with payment issue...

its clear fact and can someone paste the picture of the girl also and ger department

aSHEWO 30KOBO.

wen i read the girl's narration i suspected somtin fishy, pesin wey wan rape go still get time call guards (7 guards for that mata) and then wear condom...

dat babe neva talk true yet
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tilluv: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
cry cry (
Emmalot121:
What if Messi rapes you cool ? According to the passage, she wasn't raped, she was forced. The girl sef no be virgin, so what's da big deal? cheesy

Mtscheww, what is "force" what is "rape". Seriously, have bn ffg the comments of both women and men on this issue and then I find out dat men dnt even see rape has a big deal cause u bought takeaway 4 a lady does dat mean u shud force her into sexing u!!! And if ladies are advising fellow women not to go visiting/following a guy home, how wil u know ur real suitor? Hw do u start a relationshp? Must every relationshp b based on sex! Can't there b fun,jokes or other means other than guys demanding 4 sex?. Dis things baffles me. Nowadays u see girls of 14yrs old having more sex experience even with styles than a 28yr old lady infact ready 2 coach. Ladies has lost deir dignities,deir prides. Men dnt beg women again, dey see it as norms, saying if u dnt allow me deir are millions and one ladies begging 4 it. It's so pathetic.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by kenrish2(m): 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
jauntty:
Saw this on vanguard. Good for her. But whats up with guys and rape ? There are gals everywhere

na wah o my brother even in this days of bitches ain't loyal
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Max24: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
tpia5:

Do not encourage females to visit strange men alone and randomly unless they ( females) are in the sex trade business.

What you have typed does not make sense. If you know you are in a place where the laws do not cover you in such scenarios, then use your common sense when relating with men.
Your mindset is the typical retrogressive Nigerian mindset.Does a lady have to be in the sex trade business to pay a visit? And what do u mean by randomly? The main reason people do this is because they feel the society will blame the girl rather than the molester as u are trying to do.Probably you are one of those who think if a lady is raped it is because she caused it(thru dressing,making friends,going out).Thats exactly what am against. I know that is how Nigerian parents raise their daughters. So instead of punishing the molester everybody blames the victim. That is why many girls raped cannot come out to complain becos even their parents would rather ask why they visited the friend. Does that guy look like a nobody? For everything we do in Africa we subjugate the woman instead of protecting them. Other societies protect their girl-children through public opinion and law. A Yerima in the north is molesting minors in the name of religion- he abandoned logic and claimed his religion permits it.Till today nobody have successfully risen against the Yerimas in our midst. And there are many Yerimas all over the country. The Nigerian man molests a girl before marriage and keeps molesting even in marriage. I can cite many other instances of prejudice against women in our society-[b] eg why cant female daughters become kings in Nigeria when in England male and female heirs have equal access to the throne.[/b]My point is that ur reaction is a typical Nigerian stereotype way of response to issues concerning women but we need to change that.[b]Yes,thats what our forefathers taught us but they were wrong!!! [/b]Do research on how other civilised societies protect their girl-children.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Emmalot121(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
tilluv:
cry cry (

Mtscheww, what is "force" what is "rape". Seriously, have bn ffg the comments of both women and men on this issue and then I find out dat men dnt even see rape has a big deal cause u bought takeaway 4 a lady does dat mean u shud force her into sexing u!!! And if ladies are advising fellow women not to go visiting/following a guy home, how wil u know ur real suitor? Hw do u start a relationshp? Must every relationshp b based on sex! Can't there b fun,jokes or other means other than guys demanding 4 sex?. Dis things baffles me. Nowadays u see girls of 14yrs old having more sex experience even with styles than a 28yr old lady infact ready 2 coach. Ladies has lost deir dignities,deir prides. Men dnt beg women again, dey see it as norms, saying if u dnt allow me deir are millions and one ladies begging 4 it. It's so pathetic.
Please, are you female?
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Emmalot121(m): 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Max24:

Your mindset is the typical retrogressive Nigerian mindset.Does a lady have to be in the sex trade business to pay a visit? And what do u mean by randomly? The main reason people do this is because they feel the society will blame the girl rather than the molester as u are trying to do.Probably you are one of those who think if a lady is raped it is because she caused it(thru dressing,making friends,going out).Thats exactly what am against. I know that is how Nigerian parents raise their daughters. So instead of punishing the molester everybody blames the victim. That is why many girls raped cannot come out to complain becos even their parents would rather ask why they visited the friend. Does that guy look like a nobody? For everything we do in Africa we subjugate the woman instead of protecting them. Other societies protect their girl-children through public opinion and law. A Yerima in the north is molesting minors in the name of religion- he abandoned logic and claimed his religion permits it.Till today nobody have successfully risen against the Yerimas in our midst. And there are many Yerimas all over the country. The Nigerian man molests a girl before marriage and keeps molesting even in marriage. I can cite many other instances of prejudice against women in our society-[b] eg why cant female daughters become kings in Nigeria when in England male and female heirs have equal access to the throne.[/b]My point is that ur reaction is a typical Nigerian stereotype way of response to issues concerning women but we need to change that.[b]Yes,thats what our forefathers taught us but they were wrong!!! [/b]Do research on how other civilised societies protect their girl-children.
Rape can't be prevented, enjoy it.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by bibiking7(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
AncientJerk:
This story is a bit strange to me....
For one the guy appears to be well off and capable of. Getting a girl without use of force so there is no clear motive but stranger thongs have happened so let's stick to the facts.

The most salient fact here is the claim that she was held down by seven guards. Ok firstly I presume these seven guards must have belong to a security outfit who are their primary employers, secondly there are other tenants in the compound.....so it is safe to assume that seven guards not directly employed by this man would show no particular allegiance to him and all things being equal, would be more inclined to help a damsel in distress than to aide her assailant. Then to attract the attention of seven guards.....how would he do that without alerting the neighbors too? Since the neighbors attention is credited with the deliverance of the lady this point is key. Then finally these seven guards ought to have been arrested too? But no mention of that in the story. Finally her reaction to the alleged rape is inconsistent with the circumstances of the case. If they cut her lose and she started throwing things around seven guards could have easily tied her up then? Just as they allegedly did before.

I'll wager this transaction gone wrong. And why is that guys face being displayed? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

If the rape really did happen then sorry for the girl and let the law take its course.

[b] You are very correct. Some runs girls scream rape when they don't get paid in full. I have seen a guy in this same unilag, whose GF shouted thief because he was requesting for the phone he had bought for her and he wanted to break up. Peeps had already descended on the guy before they finally heard the full story. They later diverted their anger on the girl but school security took her away, But the guy had already suffered some beatings. With alllllllll the eatries in UNILAG from the gate to the main campus, She could not buy food there and go back to her hostel to rest. There are sooo many pharmacies in UNILAG, she could not buy drugs there. All the way to Marylanddd, in a house with a compound that has 7 guards and other tenants. She did not throw stuffs before the rape, only after the rape. I have heard several rape cases, i despise rapists, i don't mind serving time for killing a rapist. but as for this story, i will leave judgement to the court. How the phuck was he able to call the guards, did he use his mobile phone or went out to call them. Being raped is a terrible thing, causes psychological damage, but being wrongly or falsely accused can ruin lives, people can end up in prison for crimes they did not commit. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Habisiwealth(f): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
[quote author=jauntty post=28310301]Saw this on vanguard. Good for her. But whats up with guys and rape ? There are gals everywhere.
I wonder ooo
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by delman88(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2014
Max24:

*clapping* guess you among those that just reply messages without first reasoning. kindly point out were i put all the blame on the lady. please reason before you type.

thanks.
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tiwiex(m): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
This case don fade too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dammy Kerry Blasts Davido Over Tagbo's Death / Fan To Adunni Ade: "Stop Padding Your Ass" / Rude Boy Reacts To Mr P’s Claim About Psquare Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.