Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,709 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Do You Talk To Yourself? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Talk To Yourself? (2826 Views)

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by zexzy(f): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
I do lyk right now am talking to myself abt that guy who has blown my common sense away. grin
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by herald9: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
addictiv:

the formula here is your programming determines your Thoughts which decides your beliefs which bring about your actions and gives you result.
Then again you have to have a mental picture about where you are going to before you determine to get there. Visualisation and speaking it out just makes you more determined to get there. It's like inducing the results you want on your mind so much that it figures out ways to achieve it.

Seems you're taking it from a religious view point; where most pastors tell you to speak to your problems and they'll come crashing down...
But you know It's not every church that shares this view...Some will tell you to render them silently in prayer while others will adopt the macho type like yours...So It's just depends on your belief....

But walking down the road and muttering inconsequentially to yourself is another thing entirely...

When I have so much up my head...I'll rather settle down and ruminate on it...instead of sending signals to yabaleft...

I'm not saying I don't talk to myself... I do it mainly out of frustration, depression and sometimes to get attention....and not otherwise.
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by addictiv(m): 11:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
herald9:

Seems you're taking it from a religious view point; where most pastors tell you to speak to your problems and they'll come crashing down...
But you know It's not every church that shares this view...Some will tell you to render them silently in prayer while others will adopt the macho type like yours...So It's just depends on your belief....

But walking down the road and muttering inconsequentially to yourself is another thing entirely...

When I have so much up my head...I'll rather settle down and ruminate on it...instead of sending signals to yabaleft...

I'm not saying I don't talk to myself... I do it mainly out of frustration, depression and sometimes to get attention....and not otherwise.

Then again this has nothing to do with religion. My pastor has never told me to start talking to myself. however I have discovered what works for me and how to program my mind to get whatsoever I want in life. I have discovered that most successful guys adopted a kind of mindset that made them resilient when faced with a challenge. Being successful has nothing to do with religion. You can keep bringing up arguments to buttress your point but that doesn't mean people who practice it are crazy. There are so many things I can say on this that requires in depth understanding of the human mind. Perhaps you could try reading " the secret" , "the law of attraction". These books aren't religious but makes u see things from a different perspective.
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by obowunmi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
All the time, esp. when I have to make a business deal.
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by mgbeketoto: 1:55am On Nov 26, 2014
I talk about anything that comes to mind at that time! kiss
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 26, 2014
5minsmadness:
I almost knocked a guy down this morning on my way to work. He was walking along the street and discussing vehemently with himself. The finny thing is this guy was clean, well shaved, suited up, shoes polished, he might have been a banker for all I knew.
Anyway he apologized and I apologised back and we went our merry ways. But I kept wondering what he was discussing with himself that he wasn't looking where he was going.

I also catch some of my colleagues and friends mumbling amicably and some even smile for no reason

Do you talk to yourself? And if yes, what do you talk about?

Sure he didn't have an ear piece in his ear and chatting on his phone
That is what it is most likely
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by 5minsmadness: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2014
babyosisi:

Sure he didn't have an ear piece in his ear and chatting on his phone
That is what it is most likely
Nothing of the sort ma'm. No Bluetooth device, no earpiece, nada. Dude was yammerin to his imaginary friend as if there was no tomorrow.
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Hedybee(f): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by nessaluv(f): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Yea i d0 dat very well, mostly i smile weneva i remember sumtinz dat happened in d past..... Den my mum w| b |ike 'ure g0ing mad 0' #|0|#
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Liposure: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
cococandy:
Yea. I do . But not out loud.
Sometimes I'm like
" forgive me if I don't talk much. It is already loud enough in my head."
freaky girl
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
(
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by lyndaway(f): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
I do when I have serious matters, I mean very serious matters
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lool, I do this a lot.

I compliment myself, I scold myself, I motivate myself, I hype myself loool

But I'm always still very much aware of my environment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Dyt(f): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
kiss kiss

Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Bojack(m): 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Who doesn't
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Hathor5(f): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dyt:
kiss kiss

grin
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by piroux(f): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
I do. A lot! Infact, when I was younger,I knew people who avoided me because of it.

I have matured now though, I don't just talk to myself, I speak to inanimate objects too. My laptop, shoes, phones TV etc.

Its refreshing!! grin
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Yes, I do. embarassed
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Liposure: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
Dyt:
kiss kiss
you are something else
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Liposure: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
piroux:
I do. A lot! Infact, when I was younger,I knew people who avoided me because of it.

I have matured now though, I don't just talk to myself, I speak to inanimate objects too. My laptop, shoes, phones TV etc.

Its refreshing!! grin
jesus christ!
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Dyt(f): 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
Liposure:
you are something else

Including those I am having meeting with oo
cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Talk To Yourself? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
herald9:
No sir!
I ruminate that damn thang bordering me in my head...
Only people that exhibit five minutes madness that does that

And pray tell, what exactly is 5 minute madness? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Got Home And Saw This, What Would You Do? / Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice / Should Family Background Influence Your Choice Of Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.