Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,603 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. (2658 Views)

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by tessybaby(f): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2012
Please just tell us what you call ur child's pe.nis or va.gina when you are talking to him or her.
there are times when i get embarassed when i have to refer to that. I know there are some home names
people use.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
Nwankwo or your thing while pointing at it
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
coolDickson or (jt) john thomos
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by 2mch(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
peepee, very common. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Johndoe100(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
I can't imagine talking to my children about such things, that's what God created women for.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by 2mch(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2012
Johndoe100: I can't imagine talking to my children about such things, that's what God created women for.

So if your son needed to go and you are out alone with him, what will you do? Abandon him? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by ladyju(f): 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Well I have kids and we call it pee bom bom and poo bom bom

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by tobechi74: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
START A GOOD FOUNDATION BY TELLING THE TRUTH.

But warn him that its inappropriate to say it in public

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by tessybaby(f): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
tanx for the response
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
ur pp (private part) and ur bom bom. grin
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Apawa(f): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2012
My son calls his kli-kli while d girls wowowo
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by maclatunji: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2012
Funny names! I think people should just call them their real names and teach their children that those places are very private and they shouldn't talk about them in public or allow people to touch them there.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by otilowaju(f): 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
I once asked the same question on this forum. We finally settled for 'peepee'

https://www.nairaland.com/393526/childs-name-privates#5454290

tobechi74: START A GOOD FOUNDATION BY TELLING THE TRUTH.

But warn him that its inappropriate to say it in public

It's not 'NOT TELLING THE TRUTH' NAH, even adults don't call it the real name when communicating among ourselves. @Tobechi, would you tell your wife/wife-to-be something like this 'Baby, let me kiss your v'agin.a' embarassed Wouldn't you rather say something like 'Baby, let me kiss you down there' or something more like it wink

maclatunji: Funny names! I think people should just call them their real names and teach their children that those places are very private and they shouldn't talk about them in public or allow people to touch them there.
[quote author=maclatunji]

Yes, the names are funny but I still strongly believe children should call them coded though funny names.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by tessybaby(f): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2012
pee-pee sounds fine to me

my sister in law calls it "private"
she would say to her daughter
" bend let me wash your "private"
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Jummymine(f): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2012
I call it bumbum for them
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by angiemartinez(f): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
i fink u teach them d corect names. So dat they can get use to sayn it. Dnt make them feel that place is to sacrd, hence they might be sure to discus any isue concerni dat zone wit u. Jst as they can touch their hand, eye, nose, u can stil dem to touch their peniss or va.gina
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by agiboma(f): 12:29am On Jul 19, 2012
well tessy it depends on their age, my son is 2 and i refer to his private parts with words such as pee pee, as he gets older i will change my language. The earlier you start them off on identifying their body parts the better IMO.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Ninilowo(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
My children are all boys so we call it TOTOROS OR MASTER KEY
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
Female: bum bum
male: pee pee thing
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Tinkybabe(f): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
willy for the boys
bum for the girls
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by sophy09: 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
Let your child be aware of what it is called. If it is the pen.is or vagina let them know. Don't give me names which makes the child giggle and you go touching and you both laugh about it. Let your child know it is a serious thing and it should not be joked around with. The rate at which pedo.philes are on the rise fear me. Please be careful they are everywhere church, school name it.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Mowire: 4:18am On Sep 29, 2012
Most of you posters here made me laugh at all the funny names.
My almost 5years old son has always known that his p.enis is called "Joystick" (& o-ko in Yoruba): I'd made up my mind not to refer to my child(ren)'s members by any funny name. If there's no big deal in calling head "head" why should the reproductive organs be different? Sentiments, I guess(?).
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
Front - your Private

Back- your bum

P.S - they actually know what the real names are , i just told them its better to call it that way.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by Mowire: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Mowire: Most of you posters here made me laugh at all the funny names.
My almost 5years old son has always known that his p.enis is called "Joystick" (& o-ko in Yoruba): I'd made up my mind not to refer to my child(ren)'s members by any funny name. If there's no big deal in calling head "head" why should the reproductive organs be different? Sentiments, I guess(?).
HEY! Who put "Joystick" in post?! I typed the real name.
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by obyikye(f): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
we
call it potompori for male and female.
the day I told my 5yr girl to wash her virgina very well.... she was
like mum whats virgina? I told her its her Potompori, she shouldnt allow
anybody touch her there, her mouth or breast. same lesson for both my boys and girl.
the boys, I start with wash ur armpit, penis or potompori, and your buttocks.
you guys shouldnt allow ANYBODY TO TOUCH YOUR OR KISS YOUR MOUTH, BREAST OR POTOMPORI.....
Re: How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. by tessybaby(f): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2013
Funny names u guys got me laffing

(1) (Reply)

HE Is Still Besties With His Ex Lover And She Dont Like It, Is She Overreacting? / Watch All Your CCTV Cameras From Your Smartphone / Rejoice With Me My Nairaland Family. My Wife Just Gave Birth To A Baby Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.