Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen (852 Views)

Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility For 2015 Election / 2015: Court Fixes December 1, For Jonathan’s Eligibility Case / President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by benpuzzy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
A Lawyer involved in the prosecution of a case challenging President Goodluck Jonathan’s eligibility in next year’s election, Wahab Olatoye, has said the vital documents needed to prosecute the case have been stolen.

He said some men broke into his office in Abuja last Friday and stole “most of the files containing documents to be used in the eligibility suit and other vital documents.”

Olatoye and Adejumo Ajagbe filed the suit before the Federal High Court, Abuja seeking an order restraining the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Attorney- General of the Federation (AGF) from allowing Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo to seek re-election next year.

Olatoye said his office at Suite 33, Manga Plaza, Garki Area 11 was burgled on Friday night and vital documents he was using to pursue his case against the President and other vital documents were taken away.

He said he had reported the incident at the Garki Police station.

“It is really a great surprise to me, when I was called on Saturday morning that my office had been burgled by yet- to-be identified persons. It was my office alone that was burgled of the offices in the plaza. The thieves came in through the ceiling and ransacked the files.

“Although, they made away with the money I left in the office, they also stole documents, especially the ones I am using in pursuing my case against the eligibility of President Jonathan to contest the election.

“As a plaintiff in the matter and a lawyer, there are some documents I need to hand over to my lawyers, which I kept in the office. My computers were also destroyed, the office safe was damaged.

“The matter has been reported at the FCDA Police Station in Garki. The police have promised to come on Monday morning for further investigation”, Olatoye said.

Olatoye and Ajagbe are contending that by the virtue of provisions of sections 132(1), 135(2)(a) and (b), 137(1)(b), 142(1) and (2) of the constitution, the President and the Vice President elected in the same election and sworn into office on the same date were taken to have been elected for one term of four years.

The plaintiffs also contended that by the virtue of the oaths taken by Jonathan and Sambo following the death of President Umaru Yar’adua in 2010 and their subsequent re-election in 2011, both of them were deemed to have completed the two terms allowed by law.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed has fixed December 1 for hearing in the suit.

NIGERIA, MY COUNTRY, I HAIL THEE
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Liar. What about the soft copies in the computer. This lawyer was just seeking 20 days of fame. What evidence did he has that was on hard copy ? All he needs is a copy of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by benpuzzy(m): 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
Liar. What about the soft copies in the computer. This lawyer was just seeking 20 days of fame. What evidence did he has that was on hard copy ? All he needs is a copy of the constitution.

Even my little daughter cannot give this flimsy excuse.

1 Like

Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
benpuzzy:

Congrats for being a father. Dont bring your daughter into nairaland argument. You might get hurt.

1 Like

Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
benpuzzy:

wow!!what a funny world,are you trying to say a dumb father gave birth to a brilliant child?common sense is not always common...grin grin
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by Pavarottii(m): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
Story for the Gods!
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by benpuzzy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
Congrats for being a father. Dont bring your daughter into nairaland argument. You might get hurt.
Pls educate me, are you going to use horse tail (koboko) or ply-wood to hurt me?
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by meetgaya: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
How did he get the documents?
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by benpuzzy(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
wakacome:
wow!!what a funny world,a dumb father giving birth to a brilliant child...grin grin

U want try? wink wink wink
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by benpuzzy(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
meetgaya:
How did he get the documents?

Trust naija people nah. Something must have exchanged hands
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by yuncka: 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Billyonaire:

Dnt mind dem, dey broke into their own office and stole the document.
Re: Vital Documents In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Stolen by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
This Lawyer must be dumb. never heard of him, so which evidence have he got that is new and worth stealing?

(1) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Secretly Visited The Impounded Russian Plane / Song Of Nigeria - A Poem Written By Shehu Shagari / Revealed Breakdown Of Senators Salaries And Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.