Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra (2266 Views)

‘Hope On Buhari’s Change Mantra Waning’ - Daily Trust / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 25, 2014
Its stated where there is no vision, my people perish. Does buhari have a vision apart from fighting corruption? To me, he may still be as clueless as gej, if he finally becomes elected. The mantra of gej was shoeless which was sold out to people, now buhari and his stoogies want us to buy their candidate's mantra of "mai gaskiya", an incorrupt person bla bla. If he is elected, he may still be clueless and incompetent. Quote me.

The third problem facing his campaign team is the lack of a well-articulated policy document on how to identify and proffer solutions to Nigeria’s myriad problems. Often, what are churned out by members of his campaign team are copious excerpts from the manifesto of the APC which in itself is not a bad idea. But a serious contender needs to go further by drawing up a distinct policy framework of his own vision, though embedded in the ideological spectrum of his party, as an indication of his preparedness to solve priority problems facing the nation that is presently enmeshed in disorder and chaos. Perhaps, to fill this gap, the GMB team has turned his acclaimed zeal to end corruption into a boring campaign refrain, always recalling his ‘no-nonsense’ war-against indiscipline (WAI) to cow the population when he was a military head of state between 1983 and 1985.

But the GMB team should be reminded that this is a different political climate demanding dexterity and not decrees. A democratic, 21st Nigeria definitely should have no place for such ancient governance template. It would have been more relevant if Nigerians are told about his plans to waddle through the complex and complicated political waters of Nigeria. No one from his team, not even GMB himself, has clearly and succinctly given good answer to this recurring issue. By now and from experience, GMB ought to know that putting forward a well-defined, thoughtful and comprehensive policy programme on such issues as infrastructure, power; unemployment, corruption, insecurity and numerous others, is a demand of serious leadership. Such a document has to be GMB’s contract with Nigeria. So, the GMB campaign has not done well in the third crucial political campaign game called social contract with the Nigerian people, or with the APC convention delegates. This is like a case of a student enrolled for a test but fails to turn in his paper at the end of the examination. What does the teacher grade? Nothing!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-presidential-primaries-the-odds-against-buhari/194887/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by chamboy(m): 3:16am On Nov 25, 2014
Oga Go check him books he didn't just Catch Corrupt Officials.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:20am On Nov 25, 2014
Ok we done hear ur lies grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by jojomario(m): 3:23am On Nov 25, 2014
if a govt can reduce corruption to the bearest minimal level.Then our future is certain.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by LFJ: 4:26am On Nov 25, 2014
hisblud:
Its stated where there is no vision, my people perish. Does buhari have a vision apart from fighting corruption? To me, he may still be as clueless as gej, if he finally becomes elected. The mantra of gej was shoeless which was sold out to people, now buhari and his stoogies want us to buy their candidate's mantra of "mai gaskiya", an incorrupt person bla bla. If he is elected, he may still be clueless and incompetent. Quote me.

The ideal of a shoeless man was sold to you, you bought it and to the glory of God you are alive to witness the consequence of your decision. Please, let us exercise our right to vote for a fighter of corruption at least that is better than voting for a man who his vision is shoeless.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by bigiyaro(m): 6:16am On Nov 25, 2014
OP, by now you should know that no matter ur vision for naija, corruption alone will not allow you to achieve it. Fighting n reducing corruption in naija is a gigantic vision on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by condralbede(m): 6:49am On Nov 25, 2014
Corruption is it the only issue we have in this countryWhat other plans do he has for our agricultural sector, economy, Education,power sector,Unemployment? Because what I hear every time is kill corruption, murder corruption, impeach corruption,and so on.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:00am On Nov 25, 2014
Just woke on my good side. Buhari??
Dullard! Joker of the caliphate to reclaim the old nigeria they use to have and to keep!!
Buhari knows that he cannot govern a modern Nigeria.
GEJ is God sent.
Don't fight God cos its Dangerous!!
Gej Till 2020!!
One extra year awarded cos of Job well done!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by dat9jaguy(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2014
condralbede:
Corruption is it the only issue we have in this countryWhat other plans do he has for our agricultural sector, economy, Education,power sector,Unemployment? Because what I hear every time is kill corruption, murder corruption, impeach corruption,and so on.

The first step in achieving a great nation is to plug waste so that enough money can be channeled to developmental projects.Having said that,i believe
we need this man to clean up the stable,after which a more cerebral president can take over to push for development.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by wirinet(m): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2014
And what was the vision of Goodluck Jonathan before he was elected president in 2011 except "Good luck to me, Good luck to you, Good luck to everybody ", and " i had no shoes"

What is the vision of President Goodluck now except "transformation agenda".

And what is the vision of President Jonathan for the forth coming elections except "I must be allowed to complete my full two terms or else ....."

At least a corrupt free Nigeria is a laudable vision.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by chamboy(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2014
jojomario:
if a govt can reduce corruption to the bearest minimal level.Then our future is certain.
oshe brother

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by chamboy(m): 7:19am On Nov 25, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
Just woke on my good side. Buhari??
Dullard! Joker of the caliphate to reclaim the old nigeria they use to have and to keep!!
Buhari knows that he cannot govern a modern Nigeria.
GEJ is God sent.
Don't fight God cos its Dangerous!!
Gej Till 2020!!
One extra year awarded cos of Job well done!!
pls stop dis thrash, God don't send thieves

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by chamboy(m): 7:23am On Nov 25, 2014
Pls Nigerians Don't let GEj-led government deceive us about the functions of The Presidency. Below is the major functions of presidency.. He has attained none....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by PapiWata: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2014
Ironically, the terror gang leader and apostle of honesty is and has been all along a kleptomaniac that has looted state treasuries to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars at every opportunity that presented itself.

The popular catch-phrase "Anti-Corruption" is a nice-sounding jingle for adverts, but the homicidal criminal that parrots that phrase the most often just happens to be an unrepentant embezzler, and a serial killer of the innocent who WILL be met with true justice in the fullness of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by ogb5(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2014
dat9jaguy:

The first step in achieving a great nation is to plug waste so that enough money can be channeled to developmental projects.Having said that,i believe
we need this man to clean up the stable,after which a more cerebral president can take over to push for development.

Wrong.

The 1st step is creating wealth for the citizens on the country. Even if we eliminate all corruption, which has not been done anywhere in the world, and still earn 50 billion dollars a year as foreign exchange income for 170 million people, we will still be a poor country. Because 50 billion usd per year for 170 million is equivalent to 80 us cents a day per person. This income still puts us in the poverty category.

What we need is someone who can galvanise NNigerians to engage more on economic activities that will generate more income.

Buhari knows next to nothing about economics, his regime in the early 80's set the stage for the destruction of the economy as importation of many vital industrial raw materials where prohibited by him leading to the collapse of industries.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by nowemi: 7:33am On Nov 25, 2014
Dats my probs with buhari, his only mantra is fight corruption what about economic policies I mean visionary policies that will take us to the next level all we hear is he can fight corruption is that all we. Russia, indonesia are even more corrupt than nigeria but are progressing economically and are still very corrupt. Buhari has no oder idea than fight corrupt, am not saying its not good but it not enough. His style of leadership is old mehn. But he is a good guy but is not just enough.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by guvnor83: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2014
mumu op grin grin grin; don't u know that 99% of our problem is corruption

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by condralbede(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2014
dat9jaguy:

OK.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by dat9jaguy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
ogb5:

Wrong.

The 1st step is creating wealth for the citizens on the country. Even if we eliminate all corruption, which has not been done anywhere in the world, and still earn 50 billion dollars a year as foreign exchange income for 170 million people, we will still be a poor country. Because 50 billion usd per year for 170 million is equivalent to 80 us cents a day per person. This income still puts us in the poverty category.

What we need is someone who can galvanise NNigerians to engage more on economic activities that will generate more income.

Buhari knows next to nothing about economics, his regime in the early 80's set the stage for the destruction of the economy as importation of many vital industrial raw materials where prohibited by him leading to the collapse of industries.

Wrong,what is the sense in creating wealth for a nation if at the end it is stolen through corruption.The logical step is plug your leakage
so that your bucket will fill on time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
chamboy:
Oga Go check him books he didn't just Catch Corrupt Officials.
ok
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
Ok we done hear ur lies grin
ok disprove it with truth and educate us what has he proffered but anti-corruption mantra...
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
LFJ:

The ideal of a shoeless man was sold to you, you bought it and to the glory of God you are alive to witness the consequence of your decision. Please, let us exercise our right to vote for a fighter of corruption at least that is better than voting for a man who his vision is shoeless.

without specifying in clear terms how... do you realise that the only time he buhari presents himself to fight corruption is only when election is approaching? why has he not like late gani fahwemi not come up with programs or ngo that will show how corrupt and inept the gej government until when election come we hear...

few months to election:
"am called to serve"
"this government is corrupt"
"i will end corruption"

election comes he is beaten

then he goes into hibernation again.

next election, the circle continues
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
jojomario:

where has he started... how has he used his influence to command order...
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
bigiyaro:
OP, by now you should know that no matter ur vision for naija, corruption alone will not allow you to achieve it. Fighting n reducing corruption in naija is a gigantic vision on its own.
great ... but if i were to judge who i hope to lead the fight against corruption, he must have a precedence showing how he has fought corruption even after he was defeated after election...
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
dat9jaguy:

i wish fashola would have been a better option... but the leaders that be might not be happy... i ask you when he was under abacha govt, why did he not fight corruption? he just sat and watch as abacha did his corruption thing... so how will he fight corruption?
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
wirinet:
And what was the vision of Goodluck Jonathan before he was elected president in 2011 except "Good luck to me, Good luck to you, Good luck to everybody ", and " i had no shoes"

What is the vision of President Goodluck now except "transformation agenda".

And what is the vision of President Jonathan for the forth coming elections except "I must be allowed to complete my full two terms or else ....."

At least a corrupt free Nigeria is a laudable vision.

Goodluck to my estimate has been too slow to make any achievable impact with all the resources available to him and allowing his government be abused and used by the politicians. now to buhari... we have judged gej by his action/inaction... how about buhari... under abacha, he was so inactice in addressing the corruption issue and have seen that only when he is in power he will fight corruption, to me this is not good...
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Fighting corruption is all we need

No more i had no shoes campaign
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by mekaboy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
My problem with buhari led govt are

1, Buhari cannot differential between niger delta militants and islamic extremists. which is why he asked fg to stop killing them.

2, If buhari is elected president, he will appoint a ministery for bokoharam since there is one for niger deltans.

3, His solution for ending insurgency will be, to implement full sharia in all the northern states for a start, sacrificing the freedom of all non-muslims in the region.

4, This will mean using the north as a breeding ground for terrorists and ensuring that no other region gains power again.

We could have a very gloomy future if we let such a person become president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by chamboy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
mekaboy:
My problem with buhari led govt are

1, Buhari cannot differential between niger delta militants and islamic extremists. which is why he asked fg to stop killing them.

2, If buhari is elected president, he will appoint a ministery for bokoharam since there is one for niger deltans.

3, His solution for ending insurgency will be, to implement full sharia in all the northern states for a start, sacrificing the freedom of all non-muslims in the region.

4, This will mean using the north as a breeding ground for terrorists and ensuring that no other region gains power again.

We could have a very gloomy future if we let such a person become president.
shut up der
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by ogb5(m): 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
dat9jaguy:

Wrong,what is the sense in creating wealth for a nation if at the end it is stolen through corruption.The logical step is plug your leakage
so that your bucket will fill on time.

This is very simple logic, think of individual wealth, have you seen anyone who became extremely wealthy by minimising waste?
People become wealthy by generating more income than they consume. To be wealthy you need to engage in profitable economic activity. Shouting no corruption does not always translate to economic wealth. Rather individual economic wealth can trigger better anti corruption policies as wealthy citizens can more easily challenge obnoxious policies that breed corruption.

There are many countries with little corruption but yet are in deep shit. Think of Ghana for example, With a good corruption rating from Transparency international of 63/ 177 compared to Nigeria's position of 144/177, Nigeria economy is growing while Ghana's is economy is almost in junk status. Another example is cuba, with a good corruption rating of 63/177, the cuban economy is still in the wilderness.

Vote for candidates that have the better economic policies, good economic policies can lift millions out of poverty in a short while, singing anti-corruption does not easily translate into wealth creation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by TippyTop(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
dat9jaguy:

He won't clean corruption ja re and his anti corruption will be selective. Is Buhari not the one that said Abacha was not corrupt, same anti corrupt Buhari also worked for Abacha. He's anti corruption will be like obj, he will molest his oponents with efcc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by mikolo80: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
ogb5:

This is very simple logic, think of individual wealth, have you seen anyone who became extremely wealthy by minimising waste?
People become wealthy by generating more income than they consume. To be wealthy you need to engage in profitable economic activity. Shouting no corruption does not always translate to economic wealth. Rather individual economic wealth can trigger better anti corruption policies as wealthy citizens can more easily challenge obnoxious policies that breed corruption.

There are many countries with little corruption but yet are in deep shit. Think of Ghana for example, With a good corruption rating from Transparency international of 63/ 177 compared to Nigeria's position of 144/177, Nigeria economy is growing while Ghana's is economy is almost in junk status. Another example is cuba, with a good corruption rating of 63/177, the cuban economy is still in the wilderness.

Vote for candidates that have the better economic policies, good economic policies can lift millions out of poverty in a short while, singing anti-corruption does not easily translate into wealth creation.

what use are beautiful policies that have not been implemented in over 15years and will not be impemented in the next 60,yet we all felt the impact of GMB's regime(his yes is his yes) he not promising development cos he knows it won't happen until corruption is taken out of the equation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Things You Need To Know About Super Eagles New Coach (sunday Oliseh) / “it’s A National Shame That Melaye, Others Escorted Toyin Saraki To EFCC”-C. / Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.