Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra (2269 Views)

‘Hope On Buhari’s Change Mantra Waning’ - Daily Trust / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
ogb5:

This is very simple logic, think of individual wealth, have you seen anyone who became extremely wealthy by minimising waste?
People become wealthy by generating more income than they consume. To be wealthy you need to engage in profitable economic activity. Shouting no corruption does not always translate to economic wealth. Rather individual economic wealth can trigger better anti corruption policies as wealthy citizens can more easily challenge obnoxious policies that breed corruption.

There are many countries with little corruption but yet are in deep shit. Think of Ghana for example, With a good corruption rating from Transparency international of 63/ 177 compared to Nigeria's position of 144/177, Nigeria economy is growing while Ghana's is economy is almost in junk status. Another example is cuba, with a good corruption rating of 63/177, the cuban economy is still in the wilderness.

Vote for candidates that have the better economic policies, good economic policies can lift millions out of poverty in a short while, singing anti-corruption does not easily translate into wealth creation.

To the above I say amen... Bring fashola/osho and I believe either of these will be better than 100 buhari with nothing to give but shouting corruption.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
mikolo80:
what use are beautiful policies that have not been implemented in over 15years and will not be impemented in the next 60,yet we all felt the impact of GMB's regime(his yes is his yes) he not promising development cos he knows it won't happen until corruption is taken out of the equation.
Did his WAI make Nigeria great or did it cause our industries to fail?
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by mikolo80: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
hisblud:

Did his WAI make Nigeria great or did it cause our industries to fail?
WAI made ppl queue up and behave like humans and not like lower animals(jumping queus and spitting,pissing and shittting in public..
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by dat9jaguy(m): 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
ogb5:

This is very simple logic, think of individual wealth, have you seen anyone who became extremely wealthy by minimising waste?
People become wealthy by generating more income than they consume. To be wealthy you need to engage in profitable economic activity. Shouting no corruption does not always translate to economic wealth. Rather individual economic wealth can trigger better anti corruption policies as wealthy citizens can more easily challenge obnoxious policies that breed corruption.

There are many countries with little corruption but yet are in deep shit. Think of Ghana for example, With a good corruption rating from Transparency international of 63/ 177 compared to Nigeria's position of 144/177, Nigeria economy is growing while Ghana's is economy is almost in junk status. Another example is cuba, with a good corruption rating of 63/177, the cuban economy is still in the wilderness.

Vote for candidates that have the better economic policies, good economic policies can lift millions out of poverty in a short while, singing anti-corruption does not easily translate into wealth creation.

Bros i put your question back to you,where have you seen a wasteful man become wealthy?A foundation must be laid before a building is put up.
Corruption must first be dealt with before any meaningful development can take place.Nigeria is blessed with resources that generates
income but bulk of our commonwealth is concentrated in a few hands due to corruption,if what you are arguing is correct,why are we where we are in
such a mess in this country.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by dat9jaguy(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
TippyTop:

He won't clean corruption ja re and his anti corruption will be selective. Is Buhari not the one that said Abacha was not corrupt, same anti corrupt Buhari also worked for Abacha. He's anti corruption will be like obj, he will molest his oponents with efcc.

Bro i can not argue on what i don't know about,i.e.,Buhari saying Abacha is not corrupt.I never read nor heard about that but that does not detract
from the fact that he carried out is duties well and never stole a kobo.If he had stolen as PTF chairman,OBJ would have nailed him.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by dat9jaguy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
hisblud:

i wish fashola would have been a better option... but the leaders that be might not be happy... i ask you when he was under abacha govt, why did he not fight corruption? he just sat and watch as abacha did his corruption thing... so how will he fight corruption?

As Fashola is not an option now,let's vote for Buhari.If Buhari really said Abacha is not corrupt ,that is his personal opinion(maybe he knows some things we don't know).
All i know the man is not corrupt and that is good enough for me for now.
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by SantaMafia: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
rubbish rant from a certified MUMU. and where di you get the fooolish idea Ghana's economy is almost junk. you better worry about your generator-economy,huh? oil prices are falling, magg0t. such crass stvpidy

[s]
ogb5:

[/s]
Re: Buhari: No Vision But Anticorruption Mantra by iluvnaija: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
@op you are so clueless to know Buhari's achievements when he was president, governor, headed NNPC, head PTF.

Go to history books, get your facts before you display your level of ignorance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar’adua : I Owe Public No Explanation – Oyedepo / Purported Picture Of Presidential Debate By Cartoonist / 666 : Finally Supreme Court Approves Obama's Health Care Bill (OBAMACARE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.